Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lost and forgotten (except by us)

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Reminds me of my box collection I had to give up when I left California...it still hurts.

Bruce Lee

This was one of my absolute favorite games as a kid and the c64 version was the best. It's also spawned at least two fan games.

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
BROS BRUCE LEE LOLLLOLLOL MAYBE ONE OF MY FAVORITE C64 GAMES
It's a good game; one of the few games I completed as a kid. Such good memories when I play it for a few mins. Should check out part 2, I never played that one!

Btw, can't you fix your Caps Lock button?

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS BRUCE LEE LOLLLOLLOL MAYBE ONE OF MY FAVORITE C64 GAMES
It's a good game; one of the few games I completed as a kid. Such good memories when I play it for a few mins. Should check out part 2, I never played that one!

Btw, can't you fix your Caps Lock button?
BRO WERE IS IT IM USING ANDROID NOW BUT SOMETIME ON PC??!1

Dave the Druid

Educated
with system shock 1 remake coming later this year, will try the enhanced edition now - a codexian bonus from the manual:

View attachment 24759
I know this is almost a year late but for shits and giggles I tried to find that gfn.com site using the Wayback machine because I find the old internet nostalgic and love seeing what people actually thought and said at the time. I found it. GFN stood for Gaming Fanatics Network. Unfortunately it appears the domain must've been sold because sometime around 1998 it turned into the Gay Financial Network:
Ns3sLSD.png

So you're saying that this web address was in the manual? If so, that's hilarious. Probably not what gamers were looking for. Well, unless they also happened to be raging homosexuals in desperate need of financial advice.

Last edited:

dreughjiggers

Maidenhaver
This game might have just been a tech demo, or cancelled, I can't remember, but it was a late 2000s fantasy shooter. Had a few big mobs, some fliers, in a medieval fantasy setting. No, not Arkane's Might and Magic game. Sorry I can't be more specific, anybody remember its name lol

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
In no particular order,

The Suffering (2004), creepy TPS set in a prison
Manhunt (2003), forgotten violent TPS
Outcast (2000), cool adventure game with voxel graphics
Little Big Adventure (1994), cool adventure game in a weird world
Heretic 2 (1998), sequel to Doom clone but whola different and underappreciated

More,

Omicron the Nomad Soul
Summoner 1-2
Tachyon the Fringe
Hostile Waters
Populous 3 The Beginning
Settlers 3
Hidden and Dangerous
Powerslave (aka Exhumed)
Evolva
Heart of Darkness
Claw
P.O.D.
WET: The Sexy Empire (aka Lula 3D)
Pandemonium 2
Mechwarrior 2-3
Descent 3

Humbaba

Arcane
As a wee lil retard I once played a game, I think it was a platformer, where you play some blue cowled wizard that had a weird nose. I think it had "wand" in the title but really I don't remember. Googling "platformer with wizard with weird nose" turns up nothing.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
luj1 I know I'm only speaking for myself here, but I recognize every single title you mentioned, save for 'The Suffering'. And as pOcHa mentioned, some of these have already gotten remakes, so we're not exactly the sole torch-holders around for these games. :)

The_Iconoclast

Literate
I just started another playthrough of Lands of Lore 2.

Played it first as a bugger of 10 years and perpetually shat myself in terror and always had fond memories of it ever since.
The world is cool as fuck, full of dark eldtitch horrors, bizarre cultures, vile magic and haunted ruins and it all still holds up today imo, at least with the backing of a massive nostalgia boner.

Anyone know the third part of that series? Is it any good?

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
This one was a one of a kind. Everything about the game was gritty. The setting, the hard earned skill points of which every single one counted, the ominious feel, blasting aliens into bits with the squish sound, aaaah, the good old days. Correct me, if I am wrong, but I don't think this genre has continued, sadly, much less evolved. X-Com and alike are kind of the distant nephews.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Legend of the Sword.
It was quite a hit on the Amiga back in 1988, but now I think I'm one of the few persons who remembers this Adventure game (one of the few I completed). I loved the visuals of this game, the puzzles were logical, and it had some RPG elements.

15842915-legend-of-the-sword-amiga-options-menu.png

[from memory:]
>Examine penis
When fully erect, it stands 3 inches long.

Last edited:

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Legend of the Sword.
It was quite a hit on the Amiga back in 1988, but now I think I'm one of the few persons who remembers this Adventure game (one of the few I completed). I loved the visuals of this game, the puzzles were logical, and it had some RPG elements.

>Examine penis
I don't remember it as I never played it, but it's on my list :)

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I remember that one, particularly the puzzle about how to get free once you're caught. (You need to prep your escape beforehand.)

Ladonna

Arcane
Legend of the Sword.

>Examine penis

We got this new back in the day. I still play it now and again on the Amiga.

Ladonna

Arcane
Anyway, I came here to put these up. I loved playing these two games.

Iron Lord, C64

Adventures of Robin Hood, Amiga

asfasdf

robot
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
As a wee lil retard I once played a game, I think it was a platformer, where you play some blue cowled wizard that had a weird nose. I think it had "wand" in the title but really I don't remember. Googling "platformer with wizard with weird nose" turns up nothing.

I am sure that was last year.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm getting super frustrated by memories of a roguelike I played in the early 00s.

It was post-apoc and you got new mutations when you levelled up.

It was so long ago that I barely remember any more than that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom