Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lost Ark Online

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Yes, 'rare' shit like being able to fast travel instead of spending half your time walking through empty roads to go back to town, having enough inventory space to not clean out the vendor trash (and 30 types of lootboxes you can't ever open) every 5 minutes, being able to run a dungeon more than once a day, having more than one character... all that irrelevant shit.

Sykar

Arcane
Yes, 'rare' shit like being able to fast travel instead of spending half your time walking through empty roads to go back to town, having enough inventory space to not clean out the vendor trash (and 30 types of lootboxes you can't ever open) every 5 minutes, being able to run a dungeon more than once a day, having more than one character... all that irrelevant shit.

And?

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Sykar bunch of new info dude

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=jmk1756&logNo=221406229009

disgusting amount of content added, wave-based dungeons, something called arcade mode, expedition mode (?), "epic raids" which look like interactive movies

more new classes (will they ever stop adding these? must be over 20 classes by now)

Micro-transactions will be related to 1) cosmetics, 2) pets, 3) convenience (pretty standard for a B2P Korean MMO tbh)

Last edited:

deama

Prophet

looking decent bois.

Sykar bunch of new info dude

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=jmk1756&logNo=221406229009

disgusting amount of content added, wave-based dungeons, something called arcade mode, expedition mode (?), "epic raids" which look like interactive movies

more new classes (will they ever stop adding these? must be over 20 classes by now)

Micro-transactions will be related to 1) cosmetics, 2) pets, 3) convenience (pretty standard for a B2P Korean MMO tbh)
It's F2P in korea.
They're planning on taking a break at around 18 classes.

deama

Prophet
Why is that fag calling it a Diablo killer? /facepalm
:lol::lol::lol::lol:
baitedddd
:lol::lol::lol::lol:
170px-Barb.svg.png

Nelka

Educated
When the fuck is this thing coming out already?
RU open beta is out, you can easily play via VPN. It's f2p, but no idea about in-game itemshop. Also there's a unofficial English patch and a way to change audio from RU to korean.

deama

Prophet
When the fuck is this thing coming out already?
RU open beta is out, you can easily play via VPN. It's f2p, but no idea about in-game itemshop. Also there's a unofficial English patch and a way to change audio from RU to korean.
Last time I tried a VPN for a game it gave me around 200ms latency, I think it's best that I wait till it releases, I keep hearing it should come out next year?

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Playing this one a lot nowadays, English patch is meh at best but still does the job, got a good VPN also (kinda needed in Turkey anyways...)
Game is really an Asian MMO grindfest but we are having fun for now, much more better gameplay than most games.

Gerrard

Arcane
I just hope that if it comes out in English they get a good publisher not some jewlord like Enmasse.

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
Why games like this, with fun gameplay, come to west after they are already old and when the hype has already died out? And when they come publishers prefer to milk the whales and kill the game fast, instead of supporting the game with content? Do they do not realize the potential of these game, and the starve for fun action combat mmos, or simply they are too greedy? I don't understand

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
https://www.altchar.com/game-news/lost-ark-will-not-release-in-eu-and-na-in-2020-aRG6y1h6WFVp

Korean MMO Lost Ark will not release in EU and NA in 2020

Popular Korean MMO Lost Ark will not be coming to Europe and North America in 2020 as the developer Smilegate don't have any plans for western expansion in the near future.

Lost Ark is a fairly new MMO from the Korean developer Smilegate. The game gained huge popularity upon its release but was only available in South Korea and has expanded to Russia recently. Still, the game lacks Europe and North America release, where a huge chunk of players have been playing the game using various methods, which include purchasing Korean accounts and phone numbers.

Last year, Smilegate said that Lost Ark will someday arrive to EU and NA but since then, nothing has been said about the expansion and by the looks of it, Lost Ark will not have a Western release anytime soon. Korean website The Bell reports that Smilegate do not have any plans for EU and NA release at the moment and are focused on the existing versions and the upcoming Japanese release.

Apparently, the localisation is the biggest issue for the developer as it takes a lot of time to translate all subtitles and record new, English voices. On top of that, the devs are pretty busy with the Japanese version, which basically means that you can forget about Lost Ark EU/NA servers in 2020.

Now, this will come as a disappointment to many MMO fans who wait for the English version of Lost Ark but according to reports, Lost Ark is losing popularity in Korea pretty fast due to its poor endgame and monetisation model, which is described by players as "pay2progress".

All in all, by the time Lost Ark finally releases in the West, players will probably have much better options available in Diablo 4 and Path of Exile 2.

:negative:

Reinhardt

Arcane
It's decent game to finish story once, but after that it's one of the worst mmos i've ever played. It's fucking BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING! You do same things EACH DAY for month to upgrade your t1 equip and when it's maxed - you do EXACT SAME thing for another month to upgrade your t2 equip. And quess what? After that you start doing EXACT SAME THINGS to upgrade your t2,5 equip(and this time because russian publisher decided to sell upgrade materials in shop and changed recipe)

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It's decent game to finish story once, but after that it's one of the worst mmos i've ever played. It's fucking BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING! You do same things EACH DAY for month to upgrade your t1 equip and when it's maxed - you do EXACT SAME thing for another month to upgrade your t2 equip. And quess what? After that you start doing EXACT SAME THINGS to upgrade your t2,5 equip(and this time because russian publisher decided to sell upgrade materials in shop and changed recipe)

So its exactly like every other Korean mmo.

deama

Prophet
Damn, I was so hyped to play it this year...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom