Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lost Ark Online

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
i
It's decent game to finish story once, but after that it's one of the worst mmos i've ever played. It's fucking BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING! You do same things EACH DAY for month to upgrade your t1 equip and when it's maxed - you do EXACT SAME thing for another month to upgrade your t2 equip. And quess what? After that you start doing EXACT SAME THINGS to upgrade your t2,5 equip(and this time because russian publisher decided to sell upgrade materials in shop and changed recipe)
is there at least some challenging content, or you can steamroll anything with gear?

Reinhardt

Arcane
i
It's decent game to finish story once, but after that it's one of the worst mmos i've ever played. It's fucking BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING! You do same things EACH DAY for month to upgrade your t1 equip and when it's maxed - you do EXACT SAME thing for another month to upgrade your t2 equip. And quess what? After that you start doing EXACT SAME THINGS to upgrade your t2,5 equip(and this time because russian publisher decided to sell upgrade materials in shop and changed recipe)
is there at least some challenging content, or you can steamroll anything with gear?
There is guardian bosses, you kill in party of 4, but problem is like with everything else - if you decide to go for their set - YOU WILL DO IT EACH DAY!

Reinhardt

Arcane
Not exactly - there is literally nothing else to do. And there is really no point in your equipment - there is no content for it. For example next story chapter on russian servers will be in february and you need 385 gear score level to play it. Guess what - 385 is just max upgraded t1 equipment. Everyone already have t2-2,5 and 500+ gear score. so all you can do is just kill same boss 3 times each day, and nothing else. And by nothing i mean nothing.

Gerrard

Arcane
Not exactly - there is literally nothing else to do. And there is really no point in your equipment - there is no content for it. For example next story chapter on russian servers will be in february and you need 385 gear score level to play it. Guess what - 385 is just max upgraded t1 equipment. Everyone already have t2-2,5 and 500+ gear score. so all you can do is just kill same boss 3 times each day, and nothing else. And by nothing i mean nothing.
As opposed to running the same map 500 times a day in PoE?

Reinhardt

Arcane
Even same map in PoE have more variations - at least you can enchant and corrupt it. In Lost Arc you fight exact same boss on exact same map. There is literally one boss for your level.

Gerrard

Arcane
Even same map in PoE have more variations - at least you can enchant and corrupt it.
And? At most you'll end up with a map you can't run. That's the only variation.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Alphard Lost Ark has shitty boring leveling. But the amount of content and stuff to do and the production standard are insane.

Reinhardt

Arcane
But the amount of content and stuff to do and the production standard are insane.

Until you understand that mail.ru changed rewards or just straight removed content so they could put more free stuff to shop. For example - yeah, there is whole ocean to explore. Except mail.ru removed sea equipment set as another way to gear your character, and cut some islands and their rewards completely from release, and changed rewards for existing islands so now sea activity exists only for the sake of sea activity - your character gains almost nothing from it.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Except even in Korea it's just set of equipment you get in game. But russians decided it would look better in a shop.

kreight

Lost Ark has recently launched in Japan. Russian version was updated to 2.0 a few days ago. If you haven't tried this game yet, now is the time.

deama

Prophet
Lost Ark has recently launched in Japan. Russian version was updated to 2.0 a few days ago. If you haven't tried this game yet, now is the time.
Do you still need a vpn for either the russian or japan version?

kreight

Do you still need a vpn for either the russian or japan version?
Don't know about the japanese version but the russian version does require a vpn for those playing from outside of Russia.

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
By the way i have tried this game in russian server with vpn and aside for the lag, the leveling in this game is horrible. One of the most boring and generic fetch/kill quests compilation i have ever seen

DonnaHart

Barely Literate
I waited so long for this game, waited, played for half a year. The graphics are on top, but the content is unrealistically small and boring, everything turns into work.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom