Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lost Ark Online

Zeriel

Arcane
Back to black desert I go.
Completely different experience.

The censorship/changes here are pretty bad. Netflix Adaptation tier. Also the content & systems is pretty messed up, since they are using a version of the game with catch-up mechanics and balanced around later content but they are only releasing with launch year content. It's like if WoW was released now in a country as a new game, had the mechanics and leveling process of modern WoW, but pasted onto the content that existed on launch day WoW. Just a total fucking mess.

AGS is really creating a brand for itself as the absolute worst publisher in gaming. First releasing trash tier games with New World that somehow get worse over time as they patch them, and now taking a game that looked pretty decent and ruining it with their "localization".
This was changed as of 2 weeks ago, they are releasing with season 2 content, some of the current tier 3 raids, and then they'll be adding the rest over time. They realized how shitty it was to release with 2 year old content.

They have turned a few characters from pale asiatics too tea stained asiatics. That's about the worst censorship I've seen. The character creator apparently has different outfits in the west, but the outfits from the Korean version still exist in game, unchanged.

The shit amazon has done to this game is pretty fucking stupid. Their database solution is apparently so fucking stupid that they can't store unicode without some kind of security vuln or other things glitching. And so names are 12 characters, with a limit of 1 capital letter, and no symbols or spaces. "Spacecowgirl" instead of "Space Cowgirl." Also it feels like their database might be append only, as they are telling people that name changes are near impossible right now. And if you delete your character, that name is locked out completely.

Tier 3 at launch is actually worse. It's like getting WOTLK, Vanilla, and TBC all at once in launch WoW.

And yeah, those other problems. That being said I hope it turns out semi alright despite AGS involvement. People have been waiting for years and years for this in the West, it's going to royally suck if Amazon came in at the last moment and fucked everything.

Sykar

Arcane
Welp it is out for founder pack buyers. Not even sure if I should give it a try as a non-founder. I am never quite sure if companies like Amazon are getting money somehow just from people playing.

Puukko

Arcane
The servers are getting absolutely wrecked. 1.5 hour queues on EU last evening... which I suppose isn't too bad if you consider what WoW Classic was like at launch. Smooth sailing once you get in though. No trouble with area congestion whatsoever due to extensive phasing and you can freely choose the phase too.

GreyViper

Prophet
Was amusing seeing being 9750 in queue when making char on Kadar. So far feels okayish nothing groundbreaking. Its pretty and gives me more Sacred 1 vibes then Diablo or POE. In a way its good, since POE has its own thing. I did find it amusing some classes drew direct inspiration from known mangas like Berserker being Gutts archetype and that one class that has skills similar to Goku/Gohan.
I guess will have to see how fun it will be with friends and what lvlv 50-60 will be like.

roll-a-die

Magister
Playing on US west, I haven't had a queue since about 10PM yesterday. They peaked at 500k though. Without free to play players having to boost it.

Which is insane.

Puukko

Arcane
Apparently they increased the population caps by 10k. Got in in 35 minutes on Kadan at 5 pm server time. However, I am getting reports from guildies of characters getting stuck in loading screens without a fix.

GreyViper

Prophet
I have to agree right now its nothing special besides corny voice acting, not sure how to feel about the relationship bar you can advance with certain NCPs. Reminds me the influence hoops you had to jump through in Dragon Age Orgins to share bed blanked with some of the party members.
They have streamlined it compared to Korean and Russian content which i think was the right call since some of the filler is boring.
Anyway atm around lvl 20 with my Berserker hopefully things will get more interesting.

I have to agree right now its nothing special besides corny voice acting, not sure how to feel about the relationship bar you can advance with certain NCPs. Reminds me the influence hoops you had to jump through in Dragon Age Orgins to share bed blanked with some of the party members.
What! Give me cute Lost Ark relationship wifes!

GreyViper

Prophet
What! Give me cute Lost Ark relationship wifes!
That cute waifu tries to kill you with her horrible cooking TWICE!

But jokes aside I now know why I had a familiar feeling nagging me, this plays like Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance 1 done well with all the bells and whistles and sparkle added on top. The best way is to describe this a deluxe version of the same formula that is heavily moded. Hell even the tavern has that Baldurs Gate 1-2 style background sound ambient loop (in this case a woman going about that ppl are trying to get her drunk).

deama

Prophet
Im seeing some people are running it on Win 7 Sykar
Europe version or USA? Cause I heard it may still work in europe version due to them not being able to implement the win 10 geolocation spyware feature due to laws.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
I have to agree right now its nothing special besides corny voice acting

eh

pvp is excellent, dungeons are excellent

leveling is cancer

and of all the things u jerk off on voice acting lol

pvp is one of sh1ttiest aspect of this game
constant - and i mean constant - stun-locking each other and poor class balance.

do you work as developer of LOA? or just trolling people here

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom