Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Fangshi

Arcane
Maybe I misunderstood something so I have a few questions:

So the natural state of our qi is poisonous to spirits right? And we can not keep WQS active forever so what happens when order gives way to chaos with the Demon inside us? Would that not kill the Demon? Or maybe just drive it out into a nearby host like the zhang girl?

I mean it would not save anyone in the compound or nearby from the demon but shouldn't that limit the damage it can do?

Last edited:

Absinthe

Arcane
I don't like die rolls in the first place. There's no proper C&C in it. Luck & Consequences just aint as sexy.

Besides, one way or another, we fail these die rolls.

Baltika9

Arcane
Even the strongest fortress may fall if you leave the gates open and unguarded. Besides, the roll was biased against failure in the first place to reflect greater willpower, and the original consequence was flat-out failure.
I am very down with playing a legit Daemonhost.

Absinthe

Arcane
I'm down with using talismans to make up for the failed willpower roll. We still have them. And they damn better be used.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
So the natural state of our qi is poisonous to spirits right? And we can not keep WQS active forever so what happens when order gives way to chaos with the Demon inside us? Would that not kill the Demon?

If it is a traditional demon of the possess-the-humans variety, and with an actual will and spiritual body of its own, in the first place.

I don't like die rolls in the first place. There's no proper C&C in it. Luck & Consequences just aint as sexy.

Besides, one way or another, we fail these dice rolls.

Me, I'd rather roll for a chance of success rather than suffer another page of bitching for rollbacks.

Baltika9

Arcane
I guess we'll find out what is what when the update rolls out. Keeping my fingers crossed for a Daemonhost Jing. :bounce:
:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Tribute

Arbiter

Besides, one way or another, we fail these die rolls.
I think the only die roll that hasn't gone the worst possible way was the BJ's sex secret die roll.

Kashmir Slippers

Magister
We lost, dude. Just accept it. This is treave's story, and he gets to say what happens. He has already given us two weighted changes to make this better, but it still didn't work out.

Tribute

Arbiter
We lost, dude. Just accept it. This is treave's story, and he gets to say what happens. He has already given us two weighted changes to make this better, but it still didn't work out.
It's the fact that it's coming down to a die roll that gets me. I don't know about anyone else.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Wait, treave, did we fail the roll to resist possession or did we get possessed?

You first failed the roll to resist possession, then you failed the roll to retain full mental faculties and not degenerate into a total nutcase despite the possession. :|

Oh well, I guess I can still work something out within the confines of those conditions, if I want to.

Uh treave, what about our Reikan?

Spiritual instinct? Shouldn't it be firing off if this is happening?

Uh, it's just a name to describe the 'sixth-sense' that honing all five senses gives you. Like how Dragon-Subduing Palms don't actually let you subdue celestial dragons, or how the Shouwang Mad Claws don't actually turn you mad. Besides, it's not fool-proof.

Kashmir Slippers

Magister
treave said that he was trying to give us a chance. The other option was straight failure, but he did a roll to account for Jing's character. If he didn't give us the roll and just killed/possessed us straight off, then we would be none the wiser.

Absinthe

Arcane
Hm, but it worked back in the haunted mansion. It warned us against going into the darkness.

Baltika9

Arcane
Wait, treave, did we fail the roll to resist possession or did we get possessed?

You first failed the roll to resist possession, then you failed the roll to retain full mental faculties and not degenerate into a total nutcase despite the possession. :|

Oh well, I guess I can still work something out within the confines of those conditions, if I want to.
That's all I ask.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Hm, but it worked back in the haunted mansion. It warned us against going into the darkness.

Ah, but it didn't warn you against stepping into the mansion in the first place, did it? As I said, not fool-proof. It can be tricked. :M

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Even if you max out every single skill and technique in the entire jianghu, you still won't be invincible.

Exhibit A: Xuezi.

Absinthe

Arcane
Wouldn't the Shaolin Librarian be a better case of maxing out every skill and technique in the entire jianghu?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom