Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

a cut of domestic sheep prime

As for the sword - what would make anyone think that the real sword can kill immortals?
Has it not killed an immortal before?

Anyway, we all underestimated Bai last time and it cost us a rollback. We learned she's intelligent, extremely well educated and willing to KILL for a hunch. I say go big or go home. If she even suspects the sword isn't real, she'll act on that suspicion and if she even thinks we're holding back info, she'll hold back info in return.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
We have to remember that Shu had to get his eunachs to destroy something before he used the sword to kill immortal.
I am still in dark is the sword alone enought to kill immortals or do we have to do additional shit, so the sword can kill the immortal.

Really, it seems that the sword is just final puzzle piece in killing immortal games.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
If she even suspects the sword isn't real, she'll act on that suspicion and if she even thinks we're holding back info, she'll hold back info in return.
Sure, but it is quite hard to act on a suspicion when your master is convinced of it. What will you be able to influence?

And of course she will hold back the info. The whole theme of our alliance is that the said alliance build on convenience, not on trust, and none of us says more than they absolutely need to. In the end, we never said where we picked the WQS scroll, did we? All that mattered is that we confirmed that we had it, and taught it to Bai. I assume we might do with a bare minimum here as well.

This information is simply dangerous.

It would be nice if Miss Bai withheld it from her shifu and shimu, but we have no real way to control that. And apparently she still trusts Madam Nie enough to tell her what happened between us in the Huangpu Gorge. I am simply not too confident about this.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
It would be nice if Miss Bai withheld it from her shifu and shimu, but we have no real way to control that. And apparently she still trusts Madam Nie enough to tell her what happened between us in the Huangpu Gorge. I am simply not too confident about this.

The whole story?
I thought she told that we had epic life and death match and Zhang Manxing just happened to distrupt the match in unfortunate fashion. Or that was at laest what she told to public along with hints of Manxings unique way of approaching women

I still don't know don't know, if she told about WQS or that we had little romp .

Nevill

Arcane
No, not the whole story, but a half-truth (that's how BJ rolls), and a rather impotant half as well:
“That is not good,” mutters Madam Nie, frowning. She raises her finger at you. “Xu Jing, I would appreciate it if you do not toy around with my daughter. I have heard… rumours of your philandering ways. In fact, I have seen evidence of it first-hand.”

“Wh-what?” explodes Nie Wuxing, rising to his feet. “First-hand! Did he lay a hand on the twins?”

“I can assure you that I haven’t,” you say, raising your hands. Not the twins, at least.

“Now, dear, calm down,” sighs Madam Nie as she coaxes him down. “It was an acquaintance of mine. You would not know her… but I am sure Xu Jing does. Quite intimately. Count yourself lucky that you have not sired a bastard child, young man.”
Our 'alliance' with her is not really a secret from Madam MILF. She has to wonder why we saved her life, after all.

There is no guarantee that even if we tell her everything we ever knew, she will do the same for us. She needs something to bargain for.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
I first thought that she meant that old lady all the way back from chapter one just before we became apprentice for southern maniac.
But I guess Bai Jiutian makes much more sense.

Kz3r0

Arcane
The emperor tells us to say nothing, pages of discuss to decide to tell all to someone hardly trustworthy or just a bit.
The key to understand facebook and twitter.

Nevill

Arcane
The enperor tell us to say nothing, page of discuss to decide to tell all to someone hardly trustworthy or just a bit.
The key to understand facebook and twitter.
That's how you fight brutal dictatorship and establish zhang democracy. The information must be free! We shall not be silenced by the tyrant's order!

Akkudakku

Arbiter
BC is probably the smartest and most diplomatic option. If we say nothing about what happened at the conference it rises doubts and that leads to Bai digging deeper on her part, if we say everything it exposes that heavens dont like Shun ruling succesfully. So a half truth might be the best bet here.
Also not cutting in into Bais duel is a good thing if you want to give Pang a chance and saving the Twin Flowers will make Nie think we are on his side. It also might pull Pang into a bigger fight with BJ, Twins and us on one side and he and his bandits on other. Which is also cool :incline:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
If falling prey to Zhang Manxing's surprises means you're extraordinarily susceptible to dirty moves, then Xu Jing is just as weak to those. Unless you have a clear idea on what to watch out for, it's a waste of time telling her to be careful.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
If falling prey to Zhang Manxing's surprises means you're susceptible to dirty moves, then Xu Jing is just as weak to it.
Well you said yourself that Jing was in murder mode and didnt care to be aware of anything (in the first situation that is). In the rollbacked one he was paying atention to BJ (too little too late).

So yeah, Manxing was a crafty douchebag.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I am sure I do not need to elaborate the difference between an anything-goes brawler like Pang Xiaohu and someone who seems to be trying to out-Wudu the Wudu in terms of personal traps and surprises.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
I am sure I do not need to elaborate the difference between an anything-goes brawler like Pang Xiaohu and someone who seems to be trying to out-Wudu the Wudu in terms of personal traps and surprises.
True, true...

At least we might make it look like we actually care, normal chicks dig that so a repressed one should be extatic :p

Kipeci

Arcane
Why do we think anyone will have difficulty here? BJ is a much better fighter than the Little Tiger from our experience, and I don't believe for a second that some bandits are going to be much trouble for the twins given their status as fairly decent upcoming young pugilists.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Why do we think anyone will have difficulty here? BJ is a much better fighter than the Little Tiger from our experience, and I don't believe for a second that some bandits are going to be much trouble for the twins given their status as fairly decent upcoming young pugilists.

Why? Because this is not about stats. And the narrative demands it, narrative is always above what logic dictates.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
We still don't know are they normal bandits or super bandits.
I imagine that Pang personal guards are bit more powerful than your avarage bandit.

Nevill

Arcane
I don't believe for a second that some bandits are going to be much trouble for the twins given their status as fairly decent upcoming young pugilists.
Wouldn't be too out-of-character for Xiaohu to take one of them hostage to let his men escape. Of course, he'll have to get past BJ for that, but you'll never know.

BC is probably the smartest and most diplomatic option.
Not necessarily. Lambchop might have a point about half-truths, though I don't quite subscribe to it yet.
“A gentleman never reveals all of his secrets,” says Bai Jiutian smugly, as if she was actually one. “If you want to know more, you have to offer me more. We are equal partners, are we not? Hm… how about this? I am actually curious about what happened after the conference was disrupted by its host. If you tell me the whole truth about Taoying Island, I will tell you something else that I have found out about my shifu and shimu’s plans. Do we have a deal?”
The way she phrased the request implies that she knows a part of the truth, that why she is asking for the whole thing.

As for where she would know, well:
“W-what is the meaning of this? What is going on?” shouts Nie Wuxing. Madam Nie is frowning deeply – this is the first time that you have seen her shaken – and she turns to Bai Jiutian to whisper something.
It is ambiguous whether Madam Nie knew that it was the Emperor, but it is entirely plausible.

So if we omit certain facts, it might happen that BJ already has the other half and is just cross-referencing the information she has. Then we have successfully outsmarted ourselves, giving away everything we had and not gaining much in return.

Of course, "a gentleman never reveals all of his secrets" also implies that no matter what we tell her, she isn't likely to be straightforward with us.

Interacting with BJ was always a risk, and not much have changed since the last time.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Not approaching her that night on Luoying Island cost you a pretty good opportunity to strengthen the partnership, actually. After the events of the following morning, the situation changed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom