Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I wouldn't put too much faith in a person's ability to instantly recognize a boy she met for three days, three years ago. Vaguely familiar face, yes, but probably won't make the connection instantly, if she can even be bothered with confirming your identity. Features can change rather quickly as people grow, especially if one is thrown into a jungle for a year.

At least, don't go into the choices assuming that she totally recognizes and remembers you, that's all.

asxetos

Augur
treave can we
C: use item, wolf fang (it must be carrying some favor even with Yunzi)
1: talk to her

or

C: wear the wolf's fang amulet and fight with B2

Absinthe

Arcane
Wolf fang is wasted on Yunzi. She knows better than anyone else about you and the Asahina.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
That'd fall under 1.

Because Jing still wants to win the match, so he won't stop fighting just to confirm her identity and chat.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
This is definitely Yunzi-who else would remember our shoe trick?-all the signs point to it and she definitely knows whoe exactly we are.
As for the choice, I'd rather take the risk of loss to establish contact, so B1 for me.
However, A1 sounds horrible, as it has the greatest chance of injuring her and fucking us on all fronts. It's either A2, win now ask questions later, or establish contact and try to get her guard down.
Baltika9, the update only talks about establishing contact in a fight to gain the upper hand. I don't think it will give us one, though, not with all that we know about Yunzi.

Your mask is off, so you can safely declare your Xu Jing indentity now - you don't have anything to lose anymore. You can also show her the amulet after the fight - no one but her will know its meaning. She knows Han language enough to converse with you back when you were a guest of the tribe, so it's not like you can't talk to her like Esquilax seem to imply. Either of these will help us establish contact after the combat.

But you need to defeat her so that she would actually listen to you.

Last edited:

asxetos

Augur
Very well, i am going with A2, but i might flop to B2 if many people think it might risk killing/maiming her. But i think that if she is indeed Yunzi, she might take it as a disrespect if we hold back.

Baltika9

Arcane
Alright, good points and I definitely see the advantages, A2.
I've a feeling Yunzi came down south looking for Jing. Something went down back home to cause the instability, possibly Khanbro's death, and she came looking for the one person who made her a promise, by the moon and stars, to be at her side forever. In other words, she owns our ass and is here to collect.
That being said, let's win this shit, proclaim our identity abd then troll Jiutian by going on a honeymoon with our hawt Ashine fiance, she's more important than him.

That being said, let's win this shit, proclaim our identity abd then troll Jiutian by going on a honeymoon with our hawt Ashine fiance, she's more important than him.
Ignoring that planing this may be horribly premature, I don't think that Cao'er would take kindly to something like that.

Baltika9

Arcane
Her problem. Good thing the Abbess is keeping her for a while.
'Sides, she's our sis, he can put up with her crayzee, we'll set her up with Scholarbro, and their children will be blessed with neanderthal-levels of INT. True scions of Cleve :salute: .

Nevill

Arcane
Ignoring that planing this may be horribly premature, I don't think that Cao'er would take kindly to something like that.
I don't think Yunzi would take kindly to something like that.
And Cao'er is going back to Emei anyways, so we have about 3 months for our little affair. :cool:

Her problem. Good thing the Abbess is keeping her for a while.
'Sides, she's our sis, he can put up with her crayzee, we'll set her up with Scholarbro, and their children will be blessed with neanderthal-levels of INT. True scions of Cleve :salute: .
I don't think Yunzi would take kindly to something like that.
And Cao'er is going back to Emei anyways, so we have about 3 months for our little affair. :cool:

Heh, codexers take their choice of waifus seriously indeed. Careful now guys, Cao'er isn't really the most stable person when it comes to Jing, and if she decided to start removing the competition, between her skills and her expert poisoner friend hanging around, I wouldn't be betting on our Ashina princess. :D

Nevill

Arcane
There is no competition. Yunzi will always be first and foremost in our hearts. And since Cao'er is fine with being second or third, it will all work out. Somehow.

Rex Feral

Prophet
B1 - our bad luck might get her killed by one of those furious attacks of ours. And that would truly be a tragedy worthy of our 1 point Luck. Yunzi dying in our arms, while we get disqualified and dishonored. No, this tournament isn't that important.

However we could try to trick her since she was always quite impulsive.

Nevill

Arcane
This is why we control our attacks with A2. We are never in danger of killing her that way, and even if the worst comes to pass, we'd only injure her, and we have the medicine that can fix it in two days.

B1 can end up with us losing the tournament and dishonored by refusing the fight with Bai Jiutian. This severely limits our ability to issue challenges to the sects. The tournament IS important if you don't want that to happen.

Esquilax

Arcane
She knows Han language enough to converse with you back when you were a guest of the tribe, so it's not like you can't talk to her like Esquilax seem to imply. Either of these will help us establish contact after the combat..

The reason I asked if Jing knew any Tujue was because I don't want anyone in the crowd understanding what we're saying if we're going to be revealing details about her to indicate that we know one another. Although she's competing here, she obviously prioritizes secrecy, as she's wearing two masks on her face.

B1 - our bad luck might get her killed by one of those furious attacks of ours. And that would truly be a tragedy worthy of our 1 point Luck. Yunzi dying in our arms, while we get disqualified and dishonored. No, this tournament isn't that important.

Be careful about using the luck argument. You never know when bad luck will strike, and since it's a fickle thing by nature, it isn't the sort of thing that you can plan for or anticipate. Bad luck might strike, then again, it might not. Anwyays, treave, will using orthodox techniques alongside our Yuanshi Hundun make them lethal as well? Jing is quite strong, so I suppose that he can hurt someone quite badly even with orthodox techniques as well, but if we hit her with the Sky-Soaring Dragon while we have our neigong active, is there still a possibility that she might be injured severely?

Nevill

Arcane
Esquilax said:
The reason I asked if Jing knew any Tujue was because I don't want anyone in the crowd understanding what we're saying if we're going to be revealing details about her to indicate that we know one another.
Then the amulet is the only thing she needs to see. One does not show this thing to a random Persian fighter, so you are telling her that you know who she is, and a random Han fighter does not wear this sort of thing, so you give her a pretty good idea of who you are.

You do not have to exchange words at all.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
So the Ashina princess went to persia, got burnt by accident (facemask so cliché, but it worked for the phantom) and can now channel fire with her qi?

The trauma might have induced some amnesia. We should try and connect.

B1

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
A1
I wish I still had a decent and consistent internet connection so I could properly participate in the discuss, but alas it is not so.

Ganymede

Learned
Yunzi! :love:

I'm sure that beneath her tough, fiery exterior is a warm and loving heart. We must tear through to it with claws of love.

A2

a cut of domestic sheep prime

A2

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom