Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Kipeci

Arcane
We were badly injured when we fought her at the tournament, too, and the only encounter before then was when we were kids. She should already have lowered expectations.

treave , will we ask her about Ashina stuff on the way over to our destination?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Depends. She might not be tagging along to your next destination and your paths may split here.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Sure you can, but Jing doesn't pick his destination based off where she wants to go.

Baltika9

Arcane
For those of us consider "keeping the party together" a factor, can you tell us which options would lead us to splitting up? Now that I think about it, C is what they most likely want to do: the handmaiden wants her mistress and Yunzi wants her answers.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
But why would the character want to keep the party together at this point?

Baltika9

Arcane
Information from Changfeng's maiden about their involvements and Yunzi about what the hell happened up in the North. I recall him being curious about both from previous chapters and updates.

Personally, I'm just trying to salvage as much of this as I can. We searched for Changfeng to get information. If we split with Yunzi and the Handmaiden, we won't have shit and will have lost our lead, got the secret police on our ass and lost our Yuchang sword all for absolutely nothing.

Not even a speech skill point.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The 'party' was originally formed to work together only as far as Xiangyang anyway.

As I mentioned, Xiaoqi doesn't have as much information as her mistress. Anything she can reveal will only be slim pickings. He may be curious about what happened to the Ashina, but not nearly enough to have his decisions revolve around sticking with Yunzi wherever she decides to move on to over his own preference.

You guys argued for 'possibly meeting up with the Grand Taoist because of toad neigong' or 'getting healed of crippling injuries at Emei', so you'll need something more useful to convince me that 'where the two girls are going' is somehow a more important factor in making your choice.

I personally don't think it matters that much to Jing if they split up, but maybe there's a better reason. :rpgcodex:

Baltika9

Arcane
Heh, I doubt you'll buy "power of repressed love and romantic tension" or "safety in numbers" (this is Jing, "safety" isn't in his vocabulary), or "let's fuck with he Fire Cult by corrupting their Maiden" since he's not a spymaster/schemer. I'll try to think of something.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Or you could try to guess where she might want to go and do it the meta way?

Baltika9

Arcane
Probably C, she didn't read Yu's letter so she has no idea of his request to keep parted (unless he told her before we all split) and is not the patient type so she definitely wants her answer now, the girl wants her real Mistress back and goddammit, they didn't go through all this trouble to lose it all now. I actually agree with them. Leaning to a C flop, I am tired of stumbling about in the dark, I want at least something from this debacle.

Kipeci

Arcane
That seems like a bad idea. She'd be in a poor shape to talk to us even if she felt inclined to given that she took an arrow to her chest, and it sounds like we'd attract too much heat for our scholarly friend to handle if we went straight there. Let's let them slip away for now and bring questions when we next cross paths.

Baltika9

Arcane
Well, good thing we studied under Yao, then, and practiced some self-medication. We're not Cao'er, but I think we can get her in talking condition. Amd if not, we can get her stable enough to wait for Cao'er.

I just lost all sense of plot and direction, and want to salvage something and get back on track. "Later" never works in these LPs. As tempting and valid the rest of the points are, we searched for Changfeng for over three years. I am loathe to give up the trail.

Last edited:

RealDDc

Learned
The decision from the last part was a unfortunate pick, for valuable information we should have went on the nebulous spy mission, but during that there could have went also loads of things wrong and put us in a drama. That is how this game works, there is most likely no perfect route!
Trouble with bad consequences is unavoidable, so the question is not what to be the best pick, the question is, what do we want to archive and is this going to be worth the trouble?

Look, we lost the sword, the team got separated and our source of information is wounded, maybe even dead. That's a pity. But it for sure wont be worth now to run after these.

• Should we dive into the river and search that unique sword?
  • Should we follow Yunzi and Xiaoqi for vague information? (Treave leaked that)
  • Should we try to search Xiahou Yu yet ignoring his letter?
  • Should we track Liu Chanfeng, if still alive, for the information?

Then ask yourself, is this going to be worth the time and trouble?
  • There are 9 more grand swords scattered around the land we can gather an throw into rivers for the lulz.
  • Yunzi is sort of glued to us, don't worry she won't get lost. Jing would wish she'd got off him, just like next to any other girl he met so far (well not really if he'd be honest, but that is as it is) and he has terrible bad luck, remember, that wish wont be granted. Xiaoqi won't have much information she picked up some parts here and there, that ain't worth it.
  • Xiahou Yu owes us big time, he will be back at some point and told us he'll be fine, nothing to worry.
  • Liu Chanfeng now, if still alive, look at this from another perspective, if we would have met her more early before we had certain information, we would have had the option to attack and kill her, and yes that was the plan a few updates back. We'll get the information on another way if she is dead, or Xiahou Yu will report us the information later.

The only reason I'd go that way is that maybe Xiahou Yu lost that umbrella on the escape... that poor ghost somewhere on the ground of the river...

As for going west, I am not eager to drop by there without the sword currently, not because it could possibly be dangerous, we made us some strong, influential, ruthless and sneaky enemies everything from now on beholds danger, well, I think it always did anyways, but same question... for what? We would meet up early with Cao’er and she'd be happy, she's nice and true she could speed up our healing and all, but that ain't worth the time and trouble.
Later we can get there and pick her up at the right time, the promise we gave and we'd have nice and useful company maybe the story is going to give us even more good reasons to get there until then.

But for now the only really reasonable path to take is north, that's an A.

Last edited:

TOME

Cuckmaster General
B. The nuns have a good chance of finding the sword if we tell them where to look. And healing can't come too soon.

Baltika9

Arcane
  • Should we dive into the river and search that unique sword?
  • Should we follow Yunzi and Xiaoqi for vague information? (Treave leaked that)
  • Should we try to search Xiahou Yu yet ignoring his letter?
  • Should we track Liu Chanfeng, if still alive, for the information?
1. Well, it will save us from getting our skull cracked like an egg by Lord Zhang.
2. Vague or no, something is better than nothing. The thing is that a whole lot of shit is going on in the world, people are stirring up trouble with the Fire Cult, the secret police are masquerading as orthodox pugilists and provoking them to attacks, someone is trying to slander our Maser for one reason or another. the worst part about this is that we know jack-fucking-shit about anything, as it stands. We have absolutely no idea what is going on, all we have are our own guesses and we all know how reliable those are.
3+4. Changfeng and yu are alright for now, and thankfully we kept the heat low on them. The issue is time: when will we contact them/be contacted by them, when will we be finally get some kind of information and forewarning about what the hell is happening around here? The clock is ticking, the longer we're in the dark, the worse off we will be.

I agree on the "A over B" part.
B. The nuns have a good chance of finding the sword if we tell them where to look. And healing can't come too soon.
And I assume they'll just hand it back to us, right?

Edit: and Yunzi isn't glued to us, treave did say she has her own goals and won't follow us wherever we go.

RealDDc

Learned
And I assume they'll just hand it back to us, right?
We still have that ballbag for negotiation.
:troll:
Edit: and Yunzi isn't glued to us, treave did say she has her own goals and won't follow us wherever we go.
Yeah, that is her nature. I ment story-wise. Just like that poisonous plague I can't recall the name currently.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
I don't care about the sword. At our current skill levels it is way too dangerous to use it and draw attention towards it. I would much rather use it to buy popularity among Emei and ensure that at least one sect listens to us.

Baltika9

Arcane
:hmmm:
I don't buy stereotypes and tropes for arguments; and I'd rather we die like a man fighting our Lord one-on- one than lose our testicles.

I don't care about the sword. At our current skill levels it is way too dangerous to use it and draw attention towards it. I would much rather use it to buy popularity among Emei and ensure that at least one sect listens to us.
Sorry, but no. The Yuchang is a useful trump card to use in a pinch or against an opponent of higher skill. And Lord Zhang specifically instructed us not to give it up to the Emei of our own free will.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
And besides, I want a to see Yunzi and Yiling exchanging stories about the perverted mantiger pig.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
We lost it while mortally poisoned so we exactly didn't give it to them of our free will. And chances are they never find it, but they are bound to appreciate the fact that we came and told about it right away. We are not going to get the sword back so best to break the news now.

Baltika9

Arcane
Incompetence instead of disobedience, shortly followed by disobedience. Lying to him is a horrible idea. It is obvious C will gain no traction, so I'm staying with A: investigate our neiggong and the toad demon's essence. Last thing we need is to start mutating.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
I'm just hoping she will come along. I think we have to decide if we want to get healed or get information about toad neigong.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom