Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] 傳

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    For real? Scratch that idea, then. We did say that he could have her and Khanbro thinks neither of them like each other. Dammit.

The tsundere was denied. They were so cute, too. :(

^ Top  
  2. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Good. Goooood. Now forget all about that ill-fated fleeting romance and focus on the here and now. If it is meant to be, it will be. Jing needs help making decisions now, not about his future love-life. :rpgcodex:

^ Top  
  3. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Yeah. Oh well, another celibate hero coming up. Get him two more STR points, a little tan, dye his hair and correct his eyes, and there we have it.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Right, fine, forget everything I said. It's not true. We still have a chance to marry her and become a great horseless Khan. Was just jerking you around, sorry about that. :(

^ Top  
  5. Ifeex Scholar

Ifeex
  6. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    I was just fucking around, dude. :lol: I'm pretty sure the whole tribe will kick the ass of any dude that even hints about liking her. And that's before Khanbro gets involved.

^ Top  
  7. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Screw horses, we will use our qi powahs to run as fast as a horse!

From the Diary of Marco Polo:

"The Great Khan of Cathay claims descent from the first Han Khan of the Ashina Tribe, as well as first Khagan of the Tujue. It is said their khan was cursed to unluck, thus forever impossibilitated from riding horses. Yet, they somehow tell me that such was his spiritual power (or as they call it, qi), that he could run faster than a horse and keep up with his mighty horserider armies. Doubtlessly, if such a story is true, then their ancestor was either a saint blessed by God or a wizard in cahoots with the devil himself".
    A. You agree to leave with the old sword and the single-page book as payment. If they attempt to attack you, you will try to slip away. If necessary you will kill them. You cannot let Cao’er get wrapped up in this. It is unfortunate for Master and Madam Rong, but you cannot help them, not against the viper in their own blanket. - We fuck our Master's reputation in exchange for the (dubious) possibility he may allow us to join the Sect once his dad dies. Also, a shitty one-page book. He will try to dispatch us for sure. Worst option IMHO.

B. You agree to leave, but once you are in the woods you will attempt to give the disciples the slip. You will put Cao’er some place safe and ask her to show you how to heal Master Rong. Picking up what you can, you will then sneak back into the school alone - bringing Cao’er along will be too difficult for your skills - and attempt to cure him yourself. - Rely on our crappy herbalism and sneak skills to go beyond a bunch of guys who are probably better than us, then heal a guy we are not supposed to be healing? Yeah good luck. This is Option M, M for Market Garden.

C. You refuse Rong Zhiyu to his face. He is a bully of the worst sort - he would never have tried this with Master Yao. He can do his best if he dares, but you bet that he will be too cowardly to face you in a fight. Even though he is five years older than you and trained properly in the sword, a swordsman is nothing if you can prevent him from drawing his blade. You have your legs. - So we either get in a fight with this guy, who has a bunch of fighter guys backing him up, son of the master or expect that mr. Bully backs away without issue. This guy I think we can take, but his mother will be angry and then we're going to be knee-deep in angry swordmen.

D. You offer to help him. What is wrong with poisoning? You will ask Cao'er to hold back and only pretend to heal, while you give more poison to Rong Muben yourself. Rong Zhiyu may be dislikeable, but his father won't live forever anyway and it'll be good to have him as an ally by helping him now. - I think this is our best chance of joining their sect, because this young guy is likely less orthodox than his older father. We're unorthodox and this guy doesn't mind a poison now and then. But we fuck Yao's reputation (and risk gunning for Jing) and may also get burned on Cao'er's eyes too. There's always the chance he's not actually the poisoner or that he doesn't want our help so he rats us out. Also Cao'er might not like this.

E.
    You pretend to offer to help him. You tell him Cao'er can use more lethal poisons to ensure that his father dies. Of course, that will be a trick, and Cao'er will be doing her best to heal him instead. Hopefully he will fall for this proposal. You will try to expose him afterwards; there is no point healing him and not dealing with the son if he's just going to try the same thing again after you leave. Same problems D has, but Cao'er is a social aspie who will screw our plan because she will complain. I don't like E because Cao'er is a major aspie. She doesn't get social cues. CH 1/2, remember? If it was just Jing and the son there, I would vote E in a heartbeat. Not to mention he may try to murder us anyway.
    Voting C>E.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  8. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    She's not that bad, give the poor girl some credit for once. She did really well interacting with Madam Rong. :(

^ Top  
  9. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Guess Madam Rong's impressions of her son are... wrong.
    :yeeea:

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  10. Zero Credibility Arcane

Zero Credibility
    Actually, now that I think about it, there is a chance (and not a bad chance) that he would back down if we simply refuse. He is obviously nervous about the fact of poisoning getting out. If he does attack us now, how could he possibly spin this so that he doesn't look guilty as hell? "Oh yes, I had to kill those two unarmed healer apprentice kids that were here to heal my father, but I totally had a good reason!". Yeah, that's not going to work. No, it would be much safer to have his thugs attack later, when he visibly isn't anywhere near us.

^ Top  
  11. LWC1996 Learned

LWC1996
    True. But I've weighed the odds, and it's not in my and Cao'er's favour. I'm not gonna endanger her here by playing hero. Master Yao has tasked me with her protection and to make sure she doesn't kill anyone - whether in self-defense or in battle. Discretion is the better part of valor for me.
    "He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot will be victorious."

One on one I might just be able to take him on, but with Cao'er to think about and also, I'm in the Young Rong's home...what are the odds that he has no backup? Would you care to take a gamble on that?

Don't forget also Cao'er has RARE immortal eyes and I'm pretty sure Master Yao would probably rather take a hit to his rep than see her lost.

^ Top  
  12. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    We all should really make a habit of looking at the character sheet every update.
    Add to the single point of Sneak Jing got from training and we're definitely going to succeed in B. It's just the herbalism part, but then again, 7 INT and 2 Herbalism should be enough to follow simple instructions. The drawback with this is that we don't actually solve the problem., but I believe that we'll succeed. Unless we lose the ingredients on the way there. :lol:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
    ^ Top  
  13. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Only thing off with B is that Rong jr. can try again, and we'll have issues with rep loss and such.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. LWC1996 Learned

LWC1996
    Another point I would like to point out is, this is no mere basic ailment Old Rong is suffering from. He's been poisoned. He's not only going to need the herbalism, he's also gonna need the pressure point treatment in addition. Cao'er is very good at it because of her immortal eyes.

Jing is only has a skill rank of 2 for pressure point. He's can't see the meridien points, and if by some bad luck he hits the wrong points, the old man is gonna die.

Still want to take the risk?

^ Top  
  15. Zero Credibility Arcane

Zero Credibility
    Maybe, maybe not. I think once the old man is awake he would know who the poisoner is and would do something about it. Or would be willing to hear our side of the story even if he doesn't know what hit him.

^ Top  
  16. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Yeah, that excludes B. I really want Jing to be around when he wakes up so that we can close this case the right way.
    We need him to put in a good word for us on Mount Hue, the great BRBR masters may have some knowledge on our qi condition, or at least they can lead us to someone who does.
    Which leaves C and E, I'll sleep on it.

^ Top  
  17. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    Tentatively voting E. We should be able to pull off a convincing fable about the poison already being cured and requiring of our intervention if the father is to die a "natural" death. We've been the Face for a while, Cao should understand by now when to follow our lead. The only problem is the son is going to have all of his cronies (Well only himself if he thinks we're harmless as a combatant) in the room watching over us whilst we administer the treatment; the son is reckless, impatient and ruthless, but he's not so entirely stupid as to trust us regardless of what we say. Combat will break out, unless Cao can somehow make it look like the father is dying, when in fact he is about to awaken, cured. (I don't know how good she is with her herbs). We'll be in a difficult situation if combat does break out, but we at least have the element of surprise on our side. (Kicking)

We'll instruct Cao to hide, and hold out for as long as we can against the son. Hopefully the mother will intervene. It sounds like the son only has a few members onside, so she could get the support of the rest.

C is fine enough as an option, I just prefer us to try and be tricky. I may flip to it if I'm convinced it won't just result in the heir of a swordmaster, several years our senior in year and training, swiftly kicking our ass and whisking us away from the school silently.

^ Top  
  18. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Honestly, I would not even expect an honourable fight from this upstart.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Too bad we don't know the Finger of Nausea technique. The father would seem sick while we were prodding him over with the curative stuff.

Too late for that now eh? Let's go kick some grass to death instead. :M

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    I'd like to remind everyone that it'd be much appreciated if the actual votes were bolded in Commie Red. Makes it easier to count.

^ Top  
  21. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Mobile can't into colours, so I'll just spam my vote- E E E E E E E E E E E E.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
  23. Kipeci Arcane

Kipeci
    false - mobile works for color. Proof:

C

^ Top  
  24. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Looks white to me.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    If you're using Tapatalk, you won't be able to see or edit the colours, but you can still use the colour tags. Those using an actual mobile or desktop browser will see it.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.