Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Yeah, okay. Let's see how my theory of bandwagoning holds up...

AAA

Bring Vajra with us, it will react with the other pieces and help us to figure out where they might be. I'm just hoping Zeus or Marduk isn't still alive.

We do however need a regent. I'd tentatively suggest Athena, the Pharaoh or the Babylonian King. Perhaps see if we can marry Athena and give her legitimacy as Empress?

Baltika9

Arcane
A- the smart move. Even if we didn't go in, leaving the ground empty for future Terasphagos invasions would just give them more ground to maneuver.
B- below.
A- We'd better get this shit over with and fast. Something's going to happen in China soon, and I'd rather we could devote our full attention to them, whatever we're going to do.
treave: two quick questions. Anything interesting messages over Gieloth communications and does Sekhenun ahve her own divine cult of SCIENCE?

About the Northerner: That whole soft power and spies Esquilax was talking about? Putting a secretive order of holy blacksmiths together with extremely inquisitive investigators will mean that the two will clash somewhere, somehow. Best case scenario: the spies demand entry. Worst case: they are caught in one of the forges. And that will mean a national diplomatic incident, which may lead Egil to declare war.
On an Empire that is only united by an Emperor. Whose Emperor is off world-hopping in unknown dimensions. And the denizens of these realms are rather unwelcoming. Also, Smashing Axe, yes, Zeus and Marduk still live, treave said that these guys will pop out in the future (didn't specify when, though). So do Hera, Ares and Shamash. And do any of those guys particularly like us? What I'm driving at here is this: Ean has a good chance of not coming back in a long ass while.
And should our scholars, spies or whoever piss off the Holy Hammers and/or spark a war, what is to hold the Nation in the absence of the Emperor? Nothing, except the military that is using outdated equipment, split between guarding Olympus, warring and suppressing independence wars from Kingdoms that want it (the Hittites and Assyrians will be the first to demand a split, mark my words. The first are kept in line by their fear of an EMPRAH and the latter want Kingdom status). If we had an Eyeless White/Praetorian guard, I would without hesitation vote to let the Northerners in, as those guys would stick to their business ("Emps didn't say shit about snoopin' around, so I guess we shouldn't"), whereas the Watchers are specifically trained to be an inquisitive bunch with personal initiative ("Emps didn't assign anyone to go snoopin' round, so I guess we gotta figure it out ourselves.)
However, as things stand, it's a choice between the rift and steel. I'm choosing the rift.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
The argument for A is the iron will help our expedition. Don't get me wrong I see the disadvantages of it, but the fact of the matter is that A increases the likelihood of success for our expedition. The Empire is screwed if we don't come back, regardless of northern infiltration, so we should take every initiative to increase the chance of our coming back, even if that decision has consequences further down the line.

I just hope there isn't some weird time dilation thing going on once one goes through the rift. It'd explain why no immortal or gieloth has been able to return so far.

Baltika9

Arcane
Smashing Axe: On the contrary, I think we have built a good foundation. Athena is finally a fan of Ean, the military, with it's awesome generals and a fanatic faith, will keep peace and unity, and the different governors should be able to take care of the rest, PROVIDED there is stability and peace. As for the Spies and Blacksmiths, think of it as putting the Inqusition and Adeptus Mechanicus together. Only they serve two different kings, and I doubt the northern empire got to be top dog by being the nicest chaps around and making steel souvenirs instead of steel swords.
Edit: and I'm also worried about the time dilation. Besides, a hundred swords a year? Make it five hundred and we'll talk. And I'm sure the forges are in goodwill. No ulterior motives, just diplomacy. It' our people that worry me.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
treave: two quick questions. Anything interesting messages over Gieloth communications and does Sekhenun ahve her own divine cult of SCIENCE?

No, and no, she's keeping a low profile, more or less, changing personas every decade or so. Only a few in the know are aware of her being inhuman.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
just wondering do the terashagos have a clear psychic presence

Either they're mindless animals, or you can't read them properly. Could be either or both, you don't know for sure.

treave: anothdf ond. Would ghd hypothetic human-gieloth (Ean-Sekhenun) crossbeeex lookikd Cthulhu?

A hypothetical crossbreed is about as possible as crossing a cow with a fungus and would probably look really fucking weird. You should ask Sekhenun to mod herself to be more human if you want a mating to succeed.

Preview of next update.

A. Marry Athena. <Dignified Empress>
B. Marry Sekhenun. <Tentacle Lover>
C. Marry Humans. <Mass Breeding Project>
D. HAREM END. You have not unlocked this DLC. <BUY NOW: $9.99>

Baltika9

Arcane
Hmm, the dignified, good natured and innocent immortal, or the edgy! MHD that considers everything to be SHIT! I wonder who it's go- Ofcourse it's B! Anything else is :decline:.
Besides, Athena will run for the hills as soon as she learns the truth.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Na, Athena wouldn't neglect her wifely duty, and while Sek is awesome, Athena is more compatible. If it ever happened, it'd be more for political reasons than anything else anyway.

Baltika9

Arcane
Na, Athena wouldn't neglect her wifely duty, and while Sek is awesome, Athena is more compatible. If it ever happened, it'd be more for political reasons than anything else anyway.
No?

How can you say no to that adorable little face?

Besides, the MHD is always there for Ean. The MHD found him when he was powerless and offered to bring power back. The MHD wanted to prevent Zeus and Marduk from destroying the planet. The MHD has taught the people of the Empire how to think with their heads and gave them the Scientific Method. The MHD has a brain and figured out how to survive in the Warp. The MHD will be the one to get a cure for the Gieloth and turn them to Ean's side. The MHD is becoming more and more human by the second. The MHD has more potential for everything. Besides which, the MHD is awesome.
Athena is a naive moralist that is liable to switch/be controlled by the voices/masters against Ean. Edit: she also needs a couple more decades of experience to understand what and why Ean does what he does. I seriously doubt someone like her would ignore the whole "I eat humans" thing.

Besides, what has Athena done for us lately? Or ever, fot that matter.
(@treave: that is a good question, though. Did she even send Ean a thank-you card for saving her people?)

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Sekhenun is still just playing Ean. Who says she actually wants to be "cured" of the hunger? No, she's simply using Ean to find a way off this ball of dirt and away from the scrying eyes of the Masters. :troll:

ScubaV

Prophet
I don't really have strong feelings about these choices and the arguments for AAA seem reasonable. This isn't a root LP, but I do feel uneasy about this update. False sense of security?

Bloodshifter

Educated
Rift jumpers should not let the holy hammers in if we go rift hunting what if we can enter but can't leave?

Or they are waiting in there remember BOTH marduk and ZUES are chilling in there army or not they will want revengage for us giveing them a send off at least don't let HH see us down the Emp and possibly close the fucking thing behind us

newcomer

Learned
Besides, what has Athena done for us lately? Or ever, fot that matter.
(@treave: that is a good question, though. Did she even send Ean a thank-you card for saving her people?)

That's wrong Baltika9. Nothing other than thank-you "You can fuck me" is enough :incline:

And treave, maybe it's time you give us teaser/developer diaries on this DLC and method of payment? :troll:

Baltika9

Arcane
Hmm, having thought about, if treave isn't pulling our leg of course, the "marriage choice" will be less about who wuuuuves who and who's the perfect mach, and more about who and how will rule the Empire in Ean's absence, as well as heirs. But, before I write up a two-page essay, I'll see if that was for real.

But, if it is, then Sekhenun is clearly still the best choice, not in the least because Immortals procreate very slowly, once in a hundred years if that's what treave said. Refresh my memory, bro. There's also the apparent sperm corruption to be taken into account.

Bloodshifter

Educated
No kidding that DLC would be fairly awesome but I rather be the one with the err biggest *tentacle* rather then Sek so an Immortal / Human Wife / Consort would be where I lean too.. not to mention have Sek as a Gieloth can help us in the long run

newcomer

Learned
treave

Has Ean tried Terasphagos meat & blood yet? How does it taste? Surely a mindless creature has more simple desires? And maybe we can analyze its nature through its desires?

Baltika9

Arcane
treave

Has Ean tried Terasphagos meat & blood yet? How does it taste? Surely a mindless creature has more simple desires? And maybe we can analyze its nature through its desires?
Or, take it one step further. The Miasma is the bane of living things. It corrupts, destroys and makes them desolate. It also spreads, like a virus. So, in essence, it's nature, I think, is entropic. Have Sekhenun run some more tests on it.
Sekhenun is still just playing Ean. Who says she actually wants to be "cured" of the hunger? No, she's simply using Ean to find a way off this ball of dirt and away from the scrying eyes of the Masters. :troll:
I'm pretty sure she does want a cure. Otherwise she would not refer to the hunger as a "curse". Besides, she finds it rather tasteless having her people eaten and we didn't get to analyze her behavior on human beings.

Edit: as for the gold digger theory, I doubt it. I think her relationship with Ean can be compared more to therelationship between the 'Dex and RPGs (It's all shit, but I will secretely download 8 gigs of mods and play it seven times in a seating/ Oh god this shit sucks, but it is soooo wonderful)

Besides, once Ean shows her the "Emperor's Light", she'll never want to leave. :incline:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
But, if it is, then Sekhenun is clearly still the best choice, not in the least because Immortals procreate very slowly, once in a hundred years if that's what treave said. Refresh my memory, bro. There's also the apparent sperm corruption to be taken into account.

Rather than them mating only once in a while, those are the standard odds of conception if they do it, say, three times per day. Meaning that you can get lucky and strike out with the first bang, or you can be extremely unlucky with the RNG and go a thousand years without spawning a thing.

edit: It's one in five hundred years odds for pure-blood immortal couplings.

treave

It's not human, which is all you need to know when it comes to whether it solves his hunger problem.

Or, take it one step further. The Miasma is the bane of living things. It corrupts, destroys and makes them desolate. It also spreads, like a virus. So, in essence, it's nature, I think, is entropic.

Feel free to speculate.

newcomer

Learned
Rather than them mating only once in a while, those are the standard odds of conception if they do it, say, three times per day. Meaning that you can get lucky and strike out with the first bang, or you can be extremely unlucky with the RNG and go a thousand years without spawning a thing.

I want to transform into a MHD with all the tentacles sticking into each potential mates!
Where's the body manipulation technique when we need it? Can we purchase this special transformation with $9.99?

I got a new idea for the hunger though... try to breed a human in the miasma, see whether they become entropic. Seems like the animals shows suicidal behavior by wanting to clay themselves...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom