Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] Epic

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    We clearly have the option to destroy Ean's old self here. That's what murdering the children will mean. And we can't have that.

B :salute:

^ Top  
  2. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    I can't wait to see Ean tel his bros what happened.
    "Here I was, standing on the other side of the rift and, I shit you not, a wild sphere appeared..."

^ Top  
  3. Kattze Andhaira

Andhaira
    Andhaira
    NOOOOOO, I didn't manage to vote in the past few updates (I would have voted B just as Esquilax had suggested, not that it would matter anyway). The choice is simple really.
    B

^ Top  
  4. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    A

I want power. Give it to us giant balls!

^ Top  
  5. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    The sphere is trying to get to our world through Anbar-Shi. Think about it. We kill those children with the sword, their essence is transfered to the sword, and we go back to Earth with it. The sphere gets a free ride to through the rift and eventually might take control of the Anbar-Shi/Ean. Killing those spectres might still be our only shot to get back home. Just kill them without Anbar-Shi.

A (without Anbar-Shi).

^ Top  
  6. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    The sphere is trying to get to our world through Anbar-Shi. Think about it. We kill those children with the sword, their essence is transfered to the sword, and we go back to Earth with it. The sphere gets a free ride to through the rift and eventually might take control of the Anbar-Shi/Ean. Killing those spectres might still be our only shot to get back home. Just kill them without Anbar-Shi.

A (without Anbar-Shi).

^ Top  
  7. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME

A (without Anbar-Shi).

^ Top  
  8. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME

A (without Anbar-Shi).

^ Top  
  9. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Wow, a quadruple post! :salute:

I don't think your vote will be counted four times however..

^ Top  
  10. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    A - 6 (including quadruple post)
    B - 7

Unfortunately, still not enough to defeat the Bandwagon, it seems.

^ Top  
  11. Arpad Educated

Arpad
  12. Helly Translating for brofists Patron

Helly
    Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
  13. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    B
    I think you are right.

A (without Anbar-Shi and without eating them)

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    And what if, by eating these Specters, these Giant Balls enter into Ean? I think that will make the situation worse.

^ Top  
  15. Anabanana Augur

Anabanana
    Yeah, switching to B. *goes to edit original post*

^ Top  
  16. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    TOME's theory seems to be spot-on, but I don't think you can really weasel your way out of this one with some sort of cunning plan. Besides the consequence of potentially absorbing the spheres into Ean if you kill the children by other means, the whole purpose of this "diplomacy" was so these spheres would have the upper hand no matter what we decided to do.

I guess you could say that the balls... have us by the balls.

:yeah:

You either kill the children and kill the old Ean along with them, or you stand firm and maintain your principles, consequences be damned.

^ Top  
  17. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Well, I guess we'll just have to show these Big Balls...whose balls are bigger.

^ Top  
  18. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    Hmm... I guess you could say that with this choice, the ball's in our court.

^ Top  
  19. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Indeed. If we survive this...we will be known as the Emperor of Giant Balls.

^ Top  
  20. Bloodshifter Educated

Bloodshifter
    B we go home either way according to the girl one difference is how we go about it if we kill them we will be changed/ absorbed by them

If we let them live we most likely get screwed by them some how

can we use our mind reading to pull something out of them treave ? name thoughts etc?

^ Top  
  21. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    Meta: treave said we'd go back to normal in a few updates or sooner depending on what we pick. I'm thinking A get's us out of it uninjured, but with long term consequences in the form of taking the sphere with us inside Anbar-Shi - unless we don't eat them or absorb them in any way.

I think B gets us sent home in a body bag - sure we can recover, but there'll be a time skip in which the gieloth are building the tree and the masters are considering wiping the planet...

A without eating them or absorbing them in any way - ie, no anbar-shi - may get us out of this without serious harm or a time skip - albeit with the risk of damage to Ean's persona.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    Sorry about the quadruple post. I just got server error and message saying to try again when posting.

^ Top  
  23. newcomer Learned

newcomer
    Anyway, there's a flaw in the new A plan: is the sphere even killable without us eating them?
    Sure you can try Vajra, but that would just make us fight our way through hordes of Terasphagos.

Though I can't say B is totally safe choice...

^ Top  
  24. Computer Gamer Refugee Learned

Computer Gamer Refugee
    Project: Eternity
    This situation really reminds me of the computer game that Ender played in Ender’s Game once he got past the giants drink.

Ean has never been one to do something wrong to avoid personal cost and I don’t see him starting now. Killing the children is wrong, regardless of how he rationalizes it as being part of his imagination or some kind of cruel game.
    While telling the giant space ball to go fuck itself is indeed in his character, I don’t think it is the smartest option either.

I propose option C. Let’s put some of this meditation and maturity to use and play with the children instead of killing/refusing to kill them. Let’s try to replace some of this cold hate, and devour with some joy and empathy. Worst case I see it being as bad as straight up refusing, with perhaps a little extra punishment for the insult, but I see this as the only option that has the chance of ending well.

When I was thinking of the situation I remembered when Ender was at the top of the tower at the end of the world and facing the snake. We need to do something different to try to break out of the script.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  25. Anabanana Augur

Anabanana
    If C is possible, I'd vote that, but I get the impression that playing = killing in this situation...

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.