Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] Epic

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Which is why I want it to be A, in that case. If we're dancing to her tune, might as well go the whole mile.
    In before MASSIVE troll.

^ Top  
  2. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Hmm... treave, does our dear azn remember anything about his life before the Lunar hospital?

^ Top  
  3. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Nothing at all.

^ Top  
  4. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    And how old was he then? Also, as I read it, he's a criminal of a sort. Is this correct?

^ Top  
  5. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    It's been 5 years since he woke up in the hospital and he's currently 16.

Yeah, he's committed some crimes back in his country. It's partially related to how you guys answered the questionnaire too.

^ Top  
  6. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Ah great, the ISC really have our balls in a vise. Yeah, something's definitely going on behind the scenes. I may just be paranoid, of course, and pwincess may really be a stupid, spoiled brat, but consider this:
    • we're in the same scenario Dio was in, only more ambiguous: we woke up on a moon base (hurr hurr, Horus) with the smell on antiseptic, which suggests either surgery (and by the results, heavily invasive surgery at that; and for what, implants? Not the first time they tried and did this shit.) or a heavy injury and resulting treatment (unlikely). We have no recollection of these people that we call parents.
    • cut to present, we're living in a completely wired gilded cage of the Shin'Ar corporation (and I don't think it's anything other than that). Also, we're a criminal, albeit a genius one. They pretty much own the keys to our future ( treave, what were the exact terms of the arrangement?), so flipping them off will be rather risky and quite suicidal.
    • out in the night, we discover the white-haired girl prancing about with a katana and a presumed Gieloth (considering this is as far as you can get from "the dark corners of the world," this is suspicious, to say the least), one that now knows where we live. Also, I'm pretty sure there are cameras on the whole campus, so they would have spotted us running to the house and watching our security all night.
    • next day, we have pwincess wanting to show us around the school for no explained or apparent reasons whatsoever, in fact this is the first time she ever wanted to do something like that, but there it is. Why?
    • the white haired girl is in the class we got dumped to, for some reason. Again, why?
    • and, finally, she is trying to make Senya think with his lower head and "manly pride," and place him in the athletic team. Once again, why?
    I want to see how deep this rabbithole goes.

^ Top  
  7. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Senya commits crimes related to the ISC while living in Higashi.
    ISC captures him, says they will drop the matter and cover it up if he works for them.
    They also make the offer of studying in Olympia all the way through university.
    Senya makes some small demands of his own that go through (keeping his AI, secure housing etc)

That's pretty much it.

Also, with regards to cliched anime girls that have everything, there are usually two ways to succeed in getting their attention.

1) Be successful enough to impress them
    2) Don't give them special treatment, piquing their interest

edit: The questionnaire actually provides a fair amount of foreshadowing even in its vagueness.

^ Top  
  8. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    'K, assuming she's a cliched anime girl that has everything, there are two roads to success: B and C, respectively. I much prefer C because, among other things, that's alpha as fuck and suits the criminal badboy thing Senya has going for him.

...thing is, I underestimated you for eight chapters and that cost us a kingdom, our powers, almost a life, Greece, three thousand years, Ean and Shulgi bromance and above all Ean. NEVAR FORGET!
    Ergo, she's not just a cliched anime girl, eh?

^ Top  
  9. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Who knows? So far, every single character that has appeared has been a walking collection of weeaboo cliches. :lol:

^ Top  
  10. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Last question for now, what exactly were the crimes. does he remember them?

^ Top  
  11. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    He remembers it, and the crimes will be explained as we go along.

^ Top  
  12. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    You guys are being far too rational about the choices. She insulted our manly honour! We must lead the sports club to victory!

Think about it, we ourselves won't necessarily need to participate in the sport, we're essentially sports managers, all we need is an understanding of the rules and our players' capacities. That, and through MYSTICAL long-forgotten martial arts techniques, we will improve our strength and rise to the heights of godhood!

^ Top  
  13. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    Hey, fuck it, maybe the pretty girl is going to appreciate our protagonist's effort, as pathetic as he is on the court. That's a pretty good rationale, Smashing Axe: we might not make a good player, but we could become a hell of a coach.

Flopping to A.

^ Top  
  14. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
    I vote A! It'll make us hopefully less wimpy, we aren't totally screwed if we stick to the more Smashing Axe sort of plan, and we avoid pissing off the girl who has the ability to get us killed or worse at a mere whim. Besides, what else are we going to do if we don't join up with anything? That is the exact sort of inaction that leads to a lethal fall following a manly picnic.

^ Top  
  15. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    Flop to A.

^ Top  
  16. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Changed the thread's prefix desu.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Are we getting illustrations? EPIC, the manga, that I would read.

Also, does Kyrie look anything like Itlani? Kinda reminds me of her if I forget all the conspiracy theories.

^ Top  
  18. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Sure, if you want your mental image of Ean et al. defiled, I can whip something up.

^ Top  
  19. CaptainAwesome Arcane

CaptainAwesome
    Goddamnit, first chick the poor bastard meets is one of those types. Ugh.

The spirit of a true man cries out for C, but any revolt would only lead to brutal reprisals. We must be cunning, and undermine her authority and assert our independence from within. A.

^ Top  
  20. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    A - 7
    B - 6
    C - 2

edit: Never mind, leaving it open for another 6 hours.

^ Top  
  21. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Kendo club, eh? So begins our transformation from this
    [​IMG]
    into this
    [​IMG]
    Well, as a wise man once said, "to defeat the weeaboo, you must first fuck the weeaboo," and "rape is the only answer."
    carry on.:salute:

^ Top  
  22. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    I flopped so A should be comfortably in the lead now. M:

^ Top  
  23. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Oh, but we regret so much. To us, that's what changes the nature of a man. :roll:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    Flopped to A. The weeaboo is strong with Senya.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. m4davis Scholar

m4davis
    flopping to A however pointless that is at this point
    EDIT: just wondering but what are the lyrics to flowers of Inanna

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.