Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] Epic

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Stygian Lurker Scholar

Stygian Lurker
    Voting A

^ Top  
  2. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    A

^ Top  
  3. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    While the judgement of "emotionally unstable" is rather harsh, I'd say, as opposed to "arrogant" or "prideful," I suppose it should come as no surprise, and I did ask for grimdark choices. Considering that every choice in character creation had an interaction with most other choices and that our votes were counted separately and without any system to them (and also the short period to reach a consensus for such a critical decision), it should have been obvious from the start that he'd be rather, ah, schizophrenic (I'd request a re-roll, but :roll: yeah right). And while we don't have much potential to play a hero here, I'd say we're in a good position to play a somewhat decent villain, decent enough to shake both Shulgi and the world from their lethargic apathy in our nihilistic crusade against all the world's evils (in before we're either Ean's reincarnation or an amnesiac Shulgi), but not good enough to be unstoppable.

Hence, I see the choices as follows:
    A= Lucifer/Satan, the comparison of "lol fire" notwithstanding, purge the world of the evil and injustices of humanity.
    B= ol' Grim Reaper, there is no hope, hence everything should simply cease to exist. Pick this for MAXIMUM EMO.

Sticking to A for now, because at least it is more conspicuous and will draw attention from Shulgi sooner. Although B may be good in the sense of undoing the damage by Innana flowers/Ean, sorry, Treebeard.

Edit: as for our weakness, the guy simply needs to eat better.

^ Top  
  4. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    I have no idea how to interpret the actual choices, but 'eternal stillness' seems too much like Kerghan. A

^ Top  
  5. ScubaV Prophet

ScubaV
    Yeah, Senya is never going to see any gains eating pussy food like rice. Time to put him on a GOMAD diet. Or, even better, find a sensu bean.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    All decent suggestions, however I was thinking of something more humanoid.

^ Top  
  7. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Rather than throwing around fire or ice, the initial advantages are a bit less literal. Might as well make it more obvious; A will grant the ability to briefly gain superhuman strength and speed. B temporarily increases thinking ability and heightens perception of the world. There is a slight physical boost no matter which choice you pick as well as tentacles.

^ Top  
  8. Hmm. Our boy is already pretty darn sharp and this situation kind of proves that unless he can defend himself, he's dead meat. Then again, I wonder what increasing his thinking ability even further would do...

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    To be even more precise, it'd work out like this.

A. Superhuman speed, strength, endurance, preternatural fighting instinct and cunning.

B. Heightened senses, quicker and clearer thinking, increased ability to identify, analyse and dissect something (anything).

^ Top  
  10. What about the physical boost? Will we still be weak as hell if we go with B?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Yeah, basically A=Ean and B=Sek. Considering that we just joined the weeaboo fighting club and are totally shit against the supernatural we challenged, it'd be counter-productive for us to choose B, to put it mildly.
    Besides
    I can get behind that.

^ Top  
  12. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    He's currently weaker than a 10 year old boy, and has never been able to gain any strength regardless of what he does, up to and including nanotech treatment.

The generic physical boost will put him on par with a healthy, peak 11 year old boy. Still kinda weak for a high schooler, but he'll begin to gain strength quickly (might still take months depending on how much he exercises) now that the switch has been flipped, at least until he hits the peak for his age.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
    :mhd:?
    :bounce::bounce::bounce:

^ Top  
  14. Well, if we are a half-human half-gieloth male, there's a chance our tentacles will have the...accoutrements of a human male... That would be weeaboo, treave - hint, hint.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    The way I saw it was more like: well, he may identify himself as a pragmatist, but he's still an insecure teenage boy. Dude, the whole "piece of shit" thing was way over the top - if you're built really scrawny and are getting picked on and this girl is basically calling you a pussy, how are you supposed to react at that age? But, perhaps this chapter is throwing me for a major curveball.

^ Top  
  16. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    :salute:I second this notion.
    If you go full weeaboo steam train, you go full weeaboo steam train, treave:troll:.
    Edit:
    Pretty much this, yeah.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Not to mention that there was some pragmatic calculation involved - on our part at least. If we picked B, she'd never respect us. We knew we had to fight back, but C seemed too strong and we didn't want to make things worse. edit: and besides, if it's an elective and doesn't really count for much then there's no reason why we couldn't at least give it our best shot...

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    I felt that it's because he's smart and a self-identified pragmatist that he's seeking justification for his feelings, and since his mysterious weakness can't be changed by himself he pushed the blame onto the world.

But eh, if wangst is an issue the next update has a chance to sort it out.

Also, you guys are asking for sex scenes? :lol: Weeaboo-styled sex scenes? Have you actually read any?

^ Top  
  19. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    ... I have the weirdest boner right now.

^ Top  
  20. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Right, no scat, pedophilia, cannibalism or incest. The rest I leave up to you, you have proven your good taste with this scene
    So, I trust you. When I really oughtn't to.

Are they that bad?

^ Top  
  21. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Most of the writing is around the level of "she took my quivering Enoki mushrooms into her tiny hands".

edit: Corrected. Thanks.

[​IMG]

^ Top  
  22. Quivering mushrooms, treave. Plural.

Sex scenes? No. MHD romance? Perhaps, treave. Perhaps. :lol:

But seriously, no. :|
    edit: :lol: ok maybe...

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  23. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    ...seriously? Come now, you're better than this, at least give it more taste.

^ Top  
  24. :lol: The scene practically writes itself!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    For now I'm still going to stick with B, since we've done Ean. Super calculation ability! will at least let us work out how to gain more members and enhance their own physical capacity. We don't need personal strength, we can create a gang of our own to beat people up for us while we focus on the real issues.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.