Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

Cassidy

Arcane
This thread...

Comparing its first updates to the newest is like comparing Warhammer 40k fluff before and after Matt Ward.

:decline:

B - Ask me about Arcanum

Esquilax

Arcane
Fuck this weaboo shit. This chronicle should have been set in modern day Baltimore, with the following cast:

Ean

The-Wires-Omar-Little-pla-001.jpg

Shulgi

stringer-bell-in-court.jpg

Dio

marlo.jpg

The protagonist here reminds me of Tetsuo from Akira. Voting B I guess. It's pretty clear that Senya is going to unleash his weaboo hatred on the world now either way.

A

Baltika9

Arcane
B- hopping on the bandwagon.
A
Goddammit people, I told you C was the way out. Serves me right for choosing the "lesser of two evils," I suppose, but now we're stuck either serving Dio, being a Gieloth's sockpuppet, having Shulgi use us for a master plan or plain being trolled by Sek, Ean or both.
Then again, who knew Senya was wangsty lil' bitch, because I sure as hell didn't get that impression.

Esquilax, while I agree with making the setting a little different, I was imagining something a bit more, well... a setting close to World War 1, in the middle of an industrial and social revolution, where we get accepted into an elite university course and maneuvering the various social landscapes and academic curricula, making contacts and securing careers for our future. And then TSHTF and we get drafted into the war effort, whether or not we're cannon fodder depends on our achievements and distinctions. Hopefully with Otto von Bismarck's copy featured somewhere.

Certainly not this high school wangstery, I had enough of that for a lifetime.
Edit: oh well, pucker up and soldier through, although a spin-off with the Great Civil War would be pretty cool.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
A guy who tells you he is a pragmatist yet wants the world to change to suit him is pretty much an emo poseur. I already toned it down as it is.

Esquilax

Arcane
A guy who tells you he is a pragmatist yet wants the world to change to suit him is pretty much an emo poseur. I already toned it down as it is.

Yeah, the way the questionnaire was answered made it pretty clear that the character had a pretty strong sense of entitlement and a lot of resentment and hatred inside him. Of course if you give an insecure dork with this personality ultimate power he's going to abuse it. He's not exactly a strong, confident man like Ean was to survive in the environment that he did.

Baltika9

Arcane

Yeah, the way the questionnaire was answered made it pretty clear that the character had a pretty strong sense of entitlement and a lot of resentment and hatred inside him. Of course if you give an insecure dork with this personality ultimate power he's going to abuse it.
Kinda reminds me of Shulgi's early days as an astronomer's apprentice, now that I think about it. I suppose the plan from here is to draw Shulgi's attention and force a confrontation with him, effectively making this a suicide-by-cop.
And if we succeed in giving him a proverbial boot up the ass and breaking his apathetic lethargy, I'll consider that a bonus.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Ah, and picking A because of pride was clearly an irrational choice, given what he knew of his own abilities. Since he self identifies as a pragmatist yet doesn't make the pragmatic choice of B or the calculated counterattack of C, I assume he's somewhat emotionally unstable if challenged and easily taunted into making rash choices when the right buttons are pushed.

ScubaV

Prophet
Agreed bros, I'm not a fan of anime or anime culture (at least as I've seen it here in the States), but I'm willing to give treave the benefit of the doubt. He's already demonstrated some good C&C so far. As for this update, I was immediately drawn to B for no particular reason, but I see that just about everyone else is too. If these CYOA's have taught me anything, a Komprehensive Kodex Konsensus means a fuckup choice. Thus I'll register a protest vote of A.

Also, I wonder if this misshapen beast isn't a Gieloth, but rather a Terasphagos-type creature. More sphere meddling since we have moved into the void?

a cut of domestic sheep prime

A for the above reason.

B

edit: flopping to A to screw with Bloodshifter

Baltika9

Arcane
Eh, screw it. Flopping to A, maybe burning down Ean's sacred grove will cause something to happen.

Horus

Arcane
Istanbul-Constantinople-Byzantium-Piece of land.
Judging by the length of your latest updates, you were holding this in yourself for a long time.
But posting it directly in codex would be a blasphemy worthy of nuking so you wrote a great story with immortals and ancient history just to make us read this didn't you?
1233928590_citizen%20kane%20clapping.gif

You are definitely a genius sir.

Baltika9

Arcane
Ah, and picking A because of pride was clearly an irrational choice, given what he knew of his own abilities. Since he self identifies as a pragmatist yet doesn't make the pragmatic choice of B or the calculated counterattack of C, I assume he's somewhat emotionally unstable if challenged and easily taunted into making rash choices when the right buttons are pushed.
While the judgement of "emotionally unstable" is rather harsh, I'd say, as opposed to "arrogant" or "prideful," I suppose it should come as no surprise, and I did ask for grimdark choices. Considering that every choice in character creation had an interaction with most other choices and that our votes were counted separately and without any system to them (and also the short period to reach a consensus for such a critical decision), it should have been obvious from the start that he'd be rather, ah, schizophrenic (I'd request a re-roll, but :roll: yeah right). And while we don't have much potential to play a hero here, I'd say we're in a good position to play a somewhat decent villain, decent enough to shake both Shulgi and the world from their lethargic apathy in our nihilistic crusade against all the world's evils (in before we're either Ean's reincarnation or an amnesiac Shulgi), but not good enough to be unstoppable.

Hence, I see the choices as follows:
A= Lucifer/Satan, the comparison of "lol fire" notwithstanding, purge the world of the evil and injustices of humanity.
B= ol' Grim Reaper, there is no hope, hence everything should simply cease to exist. Pick this for MAXIMUM EMO.

Sticking to A for now, because at least it is more conspicuous and will draw attention from Shulgi sooner. Although B may be good in the sense of undoing the damage by Innana flowers/Ean, sorry, Treebeard.

Edit: as for our weakness, the guy simply needs to eat better.

Tigranes

Arcane
I have no idea how to interpret the actual choices, but 'eternal stillness' seems too much like Kerghan. A

ScubaV

Prophet
Yeah, Senya is never going to see any gains eating pussy food like rice. Time to put him on a GOMAD diet. Or, even better, find a sensu bean.

Baltika9

Arcane
Yeah, Senya is never going to see any gains eating pussy food like rice. Time to put him on a GOMAD diet. Or, even better, find a sensu bean.
All decent suggestions, however I was thinking of something more humanoid.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Rather than throwing around fire or ice, the initial advantages are a bit less literal. Might as well make it more obvious; A will grant the ability to briefly gain superhuman strength and speed. B temporarily increases thinking ability and heightens perception of the world. There is a slight physical boost no matter which choice you pick as well as tentacles.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Hmm. Our boy is already pretty darn sharp and this situation kind of proves that unless he can defend himself, he's dead meat. Then again, I wonder what increasing his thinking ability even further would do...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom