Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
To be even more precise, it'd work out like this.

A. Superhuman speed, strength, endurance, preternatural fighting instinct and cunning.

B. Heightened senses, quicker and clearer thinking, increased ability to identify, analyse and dissect something (anything).

a cut of domestic sheep prime

What about the physical boost? Will we still be weak as hell if we go with B?

Baltika9

Arcane
Yeah, basically A=Ean and B=Sek. Considering that we just joined the weeaboo fighting club and are totally shit against the supernatural we challenged, it'd be counter-productive for us to choose B, to put it mildly.
Besides
A. I grasp the bright inferno, seeking the strength to burn all existence to ashes.
I can get behind that.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
He's currently weaker than a 10 year old boy, and has never been able to gain any strength regardless of what he does, up to and including nanotech treatment.

The generic physical boost will put him on par with a healthy, peak 11 year old boy. Still kinda weak for a high schooler, but he'll begin to gain strength quickly (might still take months depending on how much he exercises) now that the switch has been flipped, at least until he hits the peak for his age.

Well, if we are a half-human half-gieloth male, there's a chance our tentacles will have the...accoutrements of a human male... That would be weeaboo, treave - hint, hint.

Esquilax

Arcane
Ah, and picking A because of pride was clearly an irrational choice, given what he knew of his own abilities. Since he self identifies as a pragmatist yet doesn't make the pragmatic choice of B or the calculated counterattack of C, I assume he's somewhat emotionally unstable if challenged and easily taunted into making rash choices when the right buttons are pushed.

The way I saw it was more like: well, he may identify himself as a pragmatist, but he's still an insecure teenage boy. Dude, the whole "piece of shit" thing was way over the top - if you're built really scrawny and are getting picked on and this girl is basically calling you a pussy, how are you supposed to react at that age? But, perhaps this chapter is throwing me for a major curveball.

Baltika9

Arcane
Well, if we are half human half gieloth male, there's a chance our tentacles will have the...accoutrements of a human male... That would be weeaboo, treave - hint, hint.
:salute:I second this notion.
If you go full weeaboo steam train, you go full weeaboo steam train, treave:troll:.
Edit:
The way I saw it was more like: well, he may identify himself as a pragmatist, but he's still an insecure teenage boy. Dude, the whole "piece of shit" thing was way over the top - if you're built really scrawny and are getting picked on and this girl is basically calling you a pussy, how are you supposed to react at that age? But, perhaps this chapter is throwing me for a major curveball.
Pretty much this, yeah.

Ah, and picking A because of pride was clearly an irrational choice, given what he knew of his own abilities. Since he self identifies as a pragmatist yet doesn't make the pragmatic choice of B or the calculated counterattack of C, I assume he's somewhat emotionally unstable if challenged and easily taunted into making rash choices when the right buttons are pushed.

Not to mention that there was some pragmatic calculation involved - on our part at least. If we picked B, she'd never respect us. We knew we had to fight back, but C seemed too strong and we didn't want to make things worse. edit: and besides, if it's an elective and doesn't really count for much then there's no reason why we couldn't at least give it our best shot...

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I felt that it's because he's smart and a self-identified pragmatist that he's seeking justification for his feelings, and since his mysterious weakness can't be changed by himself he pushed the blame onto the world.

But eh, if wangst is an issue the next update has a chance to sort it out.

Also, you guys are asking for sex scenes? :lol: Weeaboo-styled sex scenes? Have you actually read any?

Baltika9

Arcane
Also, you guys are asking for sex scenes? :lol: Weeaboo-styled sex scenes? Have you actually read any?
Right, no scat, pedophilia, cannibalism or incest. The rest I leave up to you, you have proven your good taste with this scene
On the day of the assassination, he had stormed into the room, ranting about how Shamash and Ibilsin had been pressuring him to get results on some investigation, and how he was sure that the prick Dapimsin was plotting to replace him with a toadie of his own. Allari attempted to calm him down. For a while it seemed to work, but then Gamilsin sneered and slapped her, reminding her to know her place. Pushing her down on the bed, he began having his way with her roughly. Feeling a slight discomfort, you draw your dagger, sensing the mix of lust, rage and resignation coming from employee and client in the room.

Without warning, without reason, Gamilsin plunged a knife into Allari's chest while he was still on top of her, screaming in ecstasy. Her screams of pain, echoing his, were muffled by his hand over her mouth. Her body convulsed, pinned under his heaving bulk. A step too late - was it disbelief? surprise? - you burst from the alcove where you had been hiding, hunger suddenly burning in your throat despite having fed just days before. The priest groans loudly as he pumped the last of his seed into the dying woman. You grab him by the shoulders and hurl him away from Allari. Looking at the woman, you know immediately it is too late for her.
So, I trust you. When I really oughtn't to.

Are they that bad?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Most of the writing is around the level of "she took my quivering Enoki mushrooms into her tiny hands".

edit: Corrected. Thanks.

2010_03_31-Enoki.jpg

Quivering mushrooms, treave. Plural.

Sex scenes? No. MHD romance? Perhaps, treave. Perhaps. :lol:

But seriously, no. :|
edit: :lol: ok maybe...

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
For now I'm still going to stick with B, since we've done Ean. Super calculation ability! will at least let us work out how to gain more members and enhance their own physical capacity. We don't need personal strength, we can create a gang of our own to beat people up for us while we focus on the real issues.

For now I'm still going to stick with B, since we've done Ean. Super calculation ability! will at least let us work out how to gain more members and enhance their own physical capacity. We don't need personal strength, we can create a gang of our own to beat people up for us while we focus on the real issues.
Yeah, but I don't trust the Codex to play that character well. Look what we did to Dio. Had it not been for the stroke of luck in acquiring Ban's sword, he would have ended the LP with a missing eye, a scared body, and no watchers left to aid him.

edit: not to mention that gaining some strength might get rid of our boy's Emo issues.

Kipeci

Arcane
Even with Ean we didn't always go for the brute strength option, we shored up our weaknesses... hence the telekinesis, which we went for fairly early on. Considering how we couldn't fight our way out of a paper bag as it stands, it's a good idea to have physical superpowers on hand for the instances that come up when we will probably need them. We'll still be fairly brainy, and we can also work on that.

Baltika9

Arcane
Only charisma doesn't appear to be his strong suit. He seems more of a shut-in type. And besides, these boosts for now are for only for a short time and I see no way, having contacted what we did and joining the extra-curricular that we have, how being weaker than a ten-year old will help us in any way, shape or form. Also, this will actually help our protagonist to develop his body up to normal standards and beyond, without having to eat people.
It's all well and good to be a genius, but it's better to be a living moron than dead.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
We're too weak in all areas to really not capitalise on our strength here, which is analysis and thinking. We're not superhuman yet in that regard. You're also forgetting that in a couple of months at the very least we'll have peak human fitness levels if we exercise a bit. I don't think we need the strength yet, in the future, sure.

Also analysing and understanding dead bodies has its own advantages. It'll possibly lead to much better shapeshifting, which we essentially missed with Ean.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Most of the writing is around the level of "she took my quivering mushroom into her tiny hands".
...seriously? Come now, you're better than this, at least give it more taste.

No, I mean the usual weeaboo-styled sex scene writing is at that level. If I'm going to imitate the style...

Interestingly, the better written scenes I've read are the darker ones involving unsavory happenings.

Baltika9

Arcane
We're too weak in all areas to really not capitalise on our strength here, which is analysis and thinking. We're not superhuman yet in that regard. You're also forgetting that in a couple of months at the very least we'll have peak human fitness levels if we exercise a bit. I don't think we need the strength yet, in the future, sure.

Also analysing and understanding dead bodies has its own advantages. It'll possibly lead to much better shapeshifting, which we essentially missed with Ean.
What good will analyzing dead bodies do when we can't even run decently and can barely lift a pen. You're saying we can take it later, but what makes you certain the opportunity will still be there: right now, we're picking an ethos, brains versus brawn.
We're not weak with the STR, AGI and END (I also won't be surprised if he's extremely susceptible to illnesses and poisons) categories, we're almost in the negative. Our INT is pretty good, PER and CHA are on the level and I think our LUK is decent enough. That's three attributes, right there, that we'll be able to raise immediately to a survivable level.

Besides, I want to get our boy a military officer position and I doubt they accept someone who can't even do one pull-up. Trust me, piloting the mechs that, for all intents and purposes, we are creating will have it's advantages.
Edit:
Interestingly, the better written scenes I've read are the darker ones involving unsavory happenings.
No scat, otherwise color me intrigued.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron

What good will analyzing dead bodies do when we can't even run decently and can barely lift a pen. You're saying we can take it later, but what makes you certain the opportunity will still be there: right now, we're picking an ethos, brains versus brawn.
We're not weak with the STR, AGI and END (I also won't be surprised if he's extremely susceptible to illnesses and poisons) categories, we're almost in the negative. Our INT is pretty good, PER and CHA are on the level and I think our LUK is decent enough. That's three attributes, right there, that we'll be able to raise immediately to a survivable level.

Besides, I want to get our boy a military officer position and I doubt they accept someone who can't even do one pull-up. Trust me, piloting the mechs that, for all intents and purposes, we are creating will have it's advantages.
I think one of us is misinterpreting treave. As I understand it the physical improvement from B will still allow us to reach peak human fitness levels in a couple of months providing that we exercise and train hard enough. I will flop to A if there's little to no strength improvement to B, but I don't think that's the case.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom