Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
That is a reasonable conclusion to make.

Baltika9

Arcane
And the question then is twofold: is this assumption correct and will they, upon hearing this, put us on standby. And in five minutes a Black Ship black minivan pulls up and Senya is never heard from again, since we could turn into a security risk.
Also, whether or not there are more interesting opportunities to pursuit in Olympia.

Oh, by the by
The concept detailed the use of a large humanoid robot as a weapon of war in urban areas. Though previously they had been considered too unwieldy for terrestrial use, it appears that an Indus scientist named Krishnashankar had come up with a more flexible way of tying carbon nanotubes together to act as synthetic muscles on an unprecedented scale. His method offered increased strength, durability and flexibility, allowing the robots to achieve performances beyond any other mechs currently in existence.
"Krishna"= god/ incarnation or avatar of THE Vedic God. "Shankar"= bestower, granter. This is either very good, very bad or just a regular name. Considering how stomped on religion is these days and how treave mentioned it as a plot point, I'm leaning to the two former ones.

Kipeci

Arcane
What did I think about my new ability?

B. It is an interesting ability, to be sure, but there are too many things I don’t know for me to decide how to feel about it. More experimentation is needed.

Should I inform the ISC about last night’s events?

B. I reveal both the creatures and my powers to the ISC. I am contracted to them and so far they have pretty much lived up to their end of the bargain. I will need allies, and the ISC can be reliable ones.

Perhaps we shouldn't keep EVERYTHING a huge secret all the time? I mean, yes, there is the chance that they could kidnap us to perform experiments and all, but is that really worse than all this jap crap even if it does happen? This might be our fast track into getting into a better situation, especially since we're obviously physically outclassed by a number of our foes. If more of these things or the girl shows up to kill us/whatever again, it might be helpful to have some potential support since we'd be upping our valuable status to the company, and treave has already confirmed that we'd start mastering our powers faster in addition to having more resources. Additionally, some of our worst choices spring from attempting to remain a secret even when we don't have clear benefits spelled out as they are in this situation.

What should I do about Erika?

A. I will talk to her about what happened before. In public. With a lot of people about, lest she try to kill me again. She appears to know much more about this strange world than I do.

:troll:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Current tally as measured by votes:
1. B - 15
2. A - 9, B - 6
3. A - 7, B - 7, C - 1

Things may change with a vigorous bout of flopping so this will remain open for a while.

kazgar

Arcane
Ever thought about having a no flopping round to see if it changes how the discussion is done?

mm, group dynamics.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Ever thought about having a no flopping round to see if it changes how the discussion is done?

mm, group dynamics.

Hm, probably less knee-jerk votes, but not much else. People would just go through the discussion before officially putting down their votes. Though I'd have expected people to knee-jerk less by now given that I had a tendency to close the votes before they've had a chance to have well-reasoned arguments sink in.

edit: Bloodshifter, there are only fifteen voters thus far. The third option has A and B tied with 7 each.

Baltika9

Arcane
then it looks like root shall flipflop to BAA, i'd rather have the girl than the creepy old vampire hunter
Considering that we chose to make Senya cold and passionless, this is a pretty bad reason to chose that option. I'd understand if we made him more red-blooded through the fire/life essence. As it stands "get the girl" is pretty incongruent with our demeanor.

Kipeci

Arcane
then it looks like root shall flipflop to BAA, i'd rather have the girl than the creepy old vampire hunter
Considering that we chose to make Senya cold and passionless, this is a pretty bad reason to chose that option. I'd understand if we made him more red-blooded through the fire/life essence. As it stands "get the girl" is pretty incongruent with our demeanor.
We've already demonstrated that we're willing to sometimes chuck out the reasonable option when the womenfolk are involved. At any rate, we can justify to our upper head that it might be a safer idea to talk to her in public rather than poking around the bookstore we know she hangs out at in hopes that we will maybe bump into her uncle.

Baltika9

Arcane
i meant getting her into our kenjutsu team. she opviously will want to spar with us and her uncle will want her to keep an eye on us, so might as well make use of it. otoh meeting with Sir Integra Van Hellsing all alone just cuz L0LZ THAT SOUNDS LIKE A MIDDLEGROUND is a terrible idea

so girl it is
Only her "uncle" (who seems more of a handler) exerts extreme influence on her (note the extreme mood whiplash), so I think it will be worthwhile to meet and analyze him, albeit risky,
T“Well, Fido is a monster too, then.” she replied in a sing-song voice. The point of her sword traces a complex dance through the air. “You can die together with it.”

I back away from her, wondering if I should strain my brain again to think of a way to escape. Already I feel faint, a strong urge to sleep creeping up on me. Using it again might be unwise, but…

“Stop, Erika.” A strong male voice comes from the outside.

“Ah, Uncle. What’s the matter?”

“There’s enough fighting for tonight. Any more will be bad for you.”

Erika lowers her sword. I can’t see her uncle from where I’m sprawled, but I call out anyway.

“I agree, uncle. I’ve had enough fighting for tonight.”

The man laughs. “It’s still too early to be calling me that. I am sorry for the trouble my niece has put you through.” It’s strange that he would chat with me while standing out of my sight like that, but at this rate I’m extremely thankful to anyone who would save me from Erika.

“Alright, we’re going home, Erika.”

“Yes, uncle.”

Her face was bored again, but before she follows her uncle off, Erika turns to me. For the first time, I see her smile genuinely. She would be pretty popular if she did that more often. Well, she would be pretty popular with a certain sort if she smiled her other smile at school…

“Thank you, Hoshikawa. It was fun. Please come visit me at Old Leaves Bookstore some time.” With a polite bow, she leaves.

Like hell I will.
Besides, calling her out on it in public doesn't seem too bright to me either. She can just pull of the "helpless girl" trick and disengage from an unwanted situation. It works both ways.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I'm fine with revealing our nature to the ISC in the future, but I think we should gain some leverage first. Namely, by getting in good with the heir.

I think our goal should be to marry her and become the most powerful man/tentacle alive.

Baltika9

Arcane
Shinji and Asuka sitting in a tree k-i-s-s-i-n-g

Baltika9: we're not 'calling her out' in public. we're just have a friendly chat in public to make sure she doesn't go banzai on our ass as soon as we engage her in conversation.
Exactly what I'm saying. She may not be all that happy to casually answer our questions in any circumstances. We may end up getting less out of this than out of chatting with the bookkeeper (granted, we may be walking into a trap) and applying our Sherlock Holmes magicks on him.
Edit: also, I see no reason why she would want to join our club, unless she's applying anime logic. In which case, carry on.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
"I can't think of a reason" = "must be anime logic!"

:lol:

Indeed, expect many things to be beyond your reasoning from now on. This is, after all, Anime - [LP CYOA] Epic :troll:

Baltika9

Arcane
"I can't think of a reason" = "must be anime logic!"

:lol:

Indeed, expect many things to be beyond your reasoning from now on. This is, after all, Anime - [LP CYOA] Epic :troll:
Of course! Anyone in their right frame of mind always assumes that if he can't comprehend something, it's the other guys' fault ...or was that egotism? (I derped and said a stupid thing, let's move on)
but she is. she fought us because she wanted to fight us, cuz...idk, maybe she wants to see us achieving bankai or whatever. you can bet she'll join the club for the pleasure of discovering all our little tricks.
“You’ve changed again. Show your true self.” came her cold reply. Thankfully she was not pressing the attack – she could have cut me from head to groin.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about, Erika, but if you’ve come all the way to visit, perhaps I can offer you a cup of tea.” If she’s talking, I’ll just try to keep her responding with mundane babble. Every moment she replies to me is another moment that sword isn’t cutting off my head.

“Tea would be nice…”

Seriously? Is she seriously saying that?

“But killing you would be better?”

I think that mad red gleam is back in her eyes. She just mentioned killing me as casually as a normal girl would talk about which clothes looked better on her.

“Why would it be better?”

“Because you’re a monster… I kill monsters.”
That, right there, makes me think that encounter was rather serious on her part.
Her uncle, on the other hand, might have been testing us.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
It's probably better to have more interaction with the girl and her uncle and get a clearer grasp of how they are before you guys start guessing at motives and personality and such.

That is if you want to hang out with them.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Even if everybody is Shulgi, you need to deal with Apathetic Shulgi and Sexy Shulgi in different ways, so it's still advisable to find out more about Shulgi before you try to predict Shulgi's motivations.

Bloodshifter

Educated
Rippin out Reality Tally:
Oscar-BBB
Bloodshifter-BAA(flipped)
SmashingAxe-BAA
M4Davis-BBB
Storyfag-BBB
Zwist-BAA
Azira-BAB
Root-BAA
Tome-BAA
Baltika9-BBB
GreyViper-BAB
Lampshop19-BBA
StygianLurker-BAC
ScubaV-BAB
Kipeci-BBA
CaptainAwesome-BAB
CURRENT LEAD BY ADDING DA TALLY
B-16
A-10:B-6
A-7:B-8:C-1
B
A
B

Prepare for the Shulgi-lypse (note anything said by me not tally wise is to taken with a pinch of dark matter if you don't have dark matter a moon should suffice for the amount of bull in these statements)

Edit: as of this Edit I can promise that every vote here is accurate and accounted for heck I can even post the 3 Flippers besides me.

Zwist

Learned
Isn't Shulgi the guy single-handedly responsible for for all big technologically advances for the last few hundred years?
And didn't we just get one of those with a big "made in the Indus Confederation" label on it?

Training schoolgirls to kill monsters in an university does not sound like something he would do.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom