Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

m4davis

Scholar
A1 Now Baltika you were saying about senya not being a worse person before

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
She could. You might not be able to escape in time though. Anhur is not exactly rated for atmospheric reentry.

If we're cutting a colony into pieces, we ought to be able to fashion a make-do thermal shield for the atmospheric reentry itself. A nice 50*50 meter slab of colony hull ought to do it.
It's the wonky thrusters that worry me. Once inside Earth's atmosphere, if we make it that far alive, we don't want to go squish on impact. :roll:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
They're just warheads. You could manually disable them if you had the time, but you don't and your power will also run out in minutes.

Esquilax

Arcane
I'm praying that Rei will swoop in and save Senya out of her personal sense of honor once his powers fade and he becomes vulnerable.

A1

I'd consider going for A2 if I wasn't sure we'd end up vaporized as a result.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
I have a bad feeling about the aftermath of this...

A2.

ScubaV

Prophet
A2

Let's hope Yua and/or Rei can help us out here. Either way I foresee a timeskip. Maybe Senya can add some hospital nurses to his harem.

Baltika9

Arcane
A2, because if we aren't able to escape from the asteroid, we're toast anyway, so might as well go for the optimal result and hope Yua/Rei/Erika/FlyingRockStarShulgi will rescue Senya. We'd better get some badass scars out of this.
Now Baltika you were saying about senya not being a worse person before
Jesus Fucking Christ, WHY?

Well, at least he's "redeeming" himself, in a sense. Oh, who am kidding, Ean is crying tears of pride right now (if he's watching at all).
:love:
Edit: shame we didn't get to surf a nuke into the colony, though.

Zwist

Learned
Let's stay in true to ourselves:
A2. Glorious suicide. And what better way to go than with a boom?

I just had the funniest idea.
What if Shulgi-boy actively tries to prolong the war in order to force scientific development?
He most certainly did not like stagnation. What if he tries to destroy the empire because he knows only a fractured earth can sustain the war-fueled arms-race necessary for true scientific revolutions?
What if he does all this to prepare humanity for the inevitable war with the masters?

Baltika9

Arcane
Well, we're already going balls to the wall here and surviving unscathed is a very, very slim chance, so why go for only half the prize? Besides, cutting away the nukes is all well-and-good, but that still leaves the matter of a twenty-kilometer asteroid slamming into Africa (by the way, the one that killed the dinosaurs was allegedly between ten and twelve kilometers), so I see no reason to not devote ourselves fully to the task.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

A2 - For Ean.

treave, was there any way to win here? ABC or AAC?

edit: Also, fuck Rei. And Erika... And Senya. Seriously, how was he that much Dio at toddler age? wtf?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
BBC. You manage to accidentally set off the payload in space. AB choices would have the ship surviving while Jean dies again. The dinosaur killing asteroid was estimated to be about a magnitude greater in mass I think. Remember that the colony is hollow. Size isn't everything.

Might be that much harder to survive reentry if nukes are going off all around you.

Edit: Perhaps you guys might want to do an Aodh and investigate the facility Rei mentioned. Remember that Rei is twenty and you're apparently her older brother. :lol:

Baltika9

Arcane
Edit: Perhaps you guys might want to do an Aodh and investigate the facility Rei mentioned. Remember that Rei is twenty and you're apparently her older brother. :lol:
...so, we can get wasted with Grimrock after this? Sweet.
I'm carrying out what Uncle wishes. Perhaps you should leave.” she replies nonchalantly, pointing her sword at me. What does Shulgi have to do with any of this? I have no time to wonder about that now; I can see she's about to attack.
You know, I'm starting to get the sneaking suspicion that Shulgi is evaluating us, for some reason.

Could it be that Senya is Shulgi?:eek:
Edit:
but shatterpoint + nukes means minimal damage to earth, right? we'll just have to trust in yua, erika, and rei...(damn) to save our balls

whatever comes, i get the feeling that anhur is scrap
Good, that means we can rebuild an Avatar of Ean.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Minimal damage doesn't mean a few million people still aren't going to die when the fragments start hitting indiscriminately. People are shortsighted. They won't praise you for stopping the whole colony, but they'll want someone to blame if the broken up pieces kill their friends and family.

aleam iacis

Liturgist
Codex USB, 2014 BattleTech
So is 1 or 2 better for Senya being a hero/like Ean? I thought 2 would have us nuke it and the nukes onboard would send out a huge EMP and cripple our facilities? If we warn them in 1, won't the authorities make the decision that will cause the least damage?

Anyway, reading this I was reminded of FEAR. Too bad nobody said, "He's too fast!" or "Can anyone see him?"
Senya is sort of similar to the Point Man, except his normal enemies aren't super soldiers, he isn't psychic, and it's in SPACE. But time slowing/reaction time powers, using tactics to crush any conventional forces, fighting regular and supernatural creatures, the way enemies talk about him, fighting against a sibling with similar but different powers, and having a bizarre mother are all similarities.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qSRkfCuwreU#t=49s

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Good point about FEAR, though entirely unintentional. I suppose it just means that FEAR is even more anime than I thought.

Kayerts

Arcane
Should we feel at all worried that the technique that we're all voting to employ to prevent an extinction event was taught to us by Shulgi, a.k.a. the one who sicced Erika on us? That feels suspicious.

Still, feeling suspicious is preferable to feeling the shockwave as Lothal collides with Africa. A2. A1 (edit: whoops)

Kipeci

Arcane
So is 1 or 2 better for Senya being a hero/like Ean? I thought 2 would have us nuke it and the nukes onboard would send out a huge EMP and cripple our facilities? If we warn them in 1, won't the authorities make the decision that will cause the least damage?

This would be a valid problem if we were going for option B. However, A specifically has us cutting away the component(s) with warheads attached so that there would be no huge EMP, and there's currently unanimous support for that part of the choice.

There are plenty of other reasons to go for A2, of course, despite my preference for A1. That concern that you voiced just isn't one of them, unless you feel we wouldn't be successful?

Baltika9

Arcane
edit: Also, fuck Rei. And Erika... And Senya. Seriously, how was he that much Dio at toddler age? wtf?
...yeah, about that
“I...” I have no words for her, no counter-argument to offer. I came up with this plan to drop a colony, when I was a child at the cult? That's ludicrous. “There's no way...”

“Mother might have rejected you, but that didn't stop her from stealing your ideas. Since they are yours... I went along with it. You were always the smarter one, so why wouldn't it work? You insisted it would save the world.” she continued, her voice now unnaturally calm... almost peaceful. "I believe in you, brother. No matter what." Another furious swing, sending my frame flying backwards even though I blocked it perfectly. With my thrusters damaged, I can't evade all too well right now.
Note the plural form. If asteroid-nuking Ankida really was Senya's idea (I am praying that Mother, who may not be our mother at all, was bullshitting her), then what else did the crazy bastard come up with, using Innana flowers to create an army of brainwashed fanatical "Handmaidens of the Goddess" to enforce the New World Order?

Come to think of it, Keiko was rather, ah, "unordinary."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom