Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

Bloodshifter

Educated
I leave for a bloody trip to the Bahamas and you guys lose our eye patch. GG
Oh Yua back as a head Maid type Character with Erika as our witty sidekick we really need to learn how to make sandwiches I mean really? This is such an easy way in. Btw anyone else noticed she said her brother had to be Remodeled? What are they test tube babies?

D- Excuse we got a little excited in our petting. If this is a dud we will need to move on quick no reason to waste a day we got cash and normal reasons can be paid off.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
We really should try and pump Erika for more info. On the Dunamis group. On her brother. On her. On Shulgi. On their connections with the cult. On what they knew of the Lothal thing. Of why she's working here with us. If it was Shulgi that wanted her to be here, or he.

You guys can probably think of more things. But we really should be trying to get more out of her. But in a Cunning way, so as to not let her get to know equal amounts about us. :M

Bloodshifter

Educated
We really should try and pump Erika for more info. On the Dunamis group. On her brother. On her. On Shulgi. On their connections with the cult. On what they knew of the Lothal thing. Of why she's working here with us. If it was Shulgi that wanted her to be here, or he.

You guys can probably think of more things. But we really should be trying to get more out of her. But in a Cunning way, so as to not let her get to know equal amounts about us. :M
You don't really think that it is a accident that Erika happens to work at the same place that Shulgi puts us into right? Or that she is our partner?

Baltika9

Arcane

I wonder if we can do that by romancing the poor asocial psychopath, make her feel instead of think. Should be easy if done right, I seriously doubt anyone ever been close to her in an emotional sense.

...nah, too Dio.
“We had some talks about you, back at the academy.”

“Oh?”

“It's private stuff.”

And that, as they say, was that. Erika turns away to look out the window – it's clear I'm not going to get anything more out of her for now.
Maybe they were talking about sharing. Senya is a tentacle monster, after all.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012

You don't really think that it is a accident that Erika happens to work at the same place that Shulgi puts us into right? Or that she is our partner?

Nope. It's not a coincidence, that much is for certain. But we want to know what her role is in this. That's why we need info.

Rex Feral

Prophet
A

I am however susceptible to flip flop. If someone could bring an argument or two for other choices.

Baltika9

Arcane
Well, how about this: why waste time sneak in at night and risk being detected/captured in a public venue, or waste the agency's funding (I can already hear the cultist/terrorist charges; and that money can be better spent than lingerie), when we have an oppurtunity to quickly investigate this clue on the spot, with a more-or-less believable excuse (more believable than sneaking in at night): Senya did note the "things" people get up to in these booths and the store attendants already "know" why Erika called Senya in.

Say, treave, can we use our tentacles to break the glass around the hidden compartment? And are we armed with at least a knife?

ScubaV

Prophet
Well if the mirror does contain some kind of knockout gas, we don't want to lose consciousness. Though with the ability active, hopefully we can detect it in time. We do have plausible deniability, though if we find something super overt it may tip off our target to be careful even so. Then again, we can judge reactions to the mirror breaking and maybe pick up a suspect in the store to investigate further.

I'll vote D. It seems like the best way to generate more leads even if it isn't the most covert.

aleam iacis

Liturgist
Codex USB, 2014 BattleTech
D. And let's build up some Erika points during this section. Whether it leads to romance or bromance (like that Gangrel sheriff to Summers) is fine, so long as we can reach the fated harem ending. Will all four live in our house or will one of them be a next door neighbor? Hmm... Vote?

Rex Feral

Prophet
I thought that by choosing the discreet contact lens we signaled that we wanted to avoid getting any attention. Smashing a mirror in a store just because we are paranoid about it seems like the opposite of COVERT.

In case D wins I guess it would have been much more congruent to have stuck with the eyepatch.

Baltika9

Arcane
I thought that by choosing the discreet contact lens we signaled that we wanted to avoid getting any attention. Smashing a mirror in a store just because we are paranoid about it seems like the opposite of COVERT.

In case D wins I guess it would have been much more congruent to have stuck with the eyepatch.
Or our forgettable face will allow us to do this shit with less fear of repercussions.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

D - Guessing it's a camera that captured the whole thing on tape...

Rex Feral

Prophet
Still it's better to act responsibly. Smashing the mirror RIGHT NOW sounds like it will bite us in the ass.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You're not packing any weapons. Knowing Erika, she probably is. Smashing the mirror has the same result no matter what you use.

Baltika9

Arcane
Smashing the mirror has the same result no matter what you use.
This means one of several things: the mirror is set up with a gas trap that knocks us out, the store attendants are all cyborg ninjas, it will lead to an immediate BAD END, Erika frames us for vandalism out of jealousy. :troll:
Or all of the above.

Alright, let's try the same thing we did with Gallardo's lab. They're expecting some undernourished houswife loaded up with Big Macs and Frankenwheat; joke's on them.

Say, can we get a monocle instead of the lens? Pretty pwease?
Edit: and then pimp it out with some shiny gadgets?
Edit 3:
Still it's better to act responsibly. Smashing the mirror RIGHT NOW sounds like it will bite us in the ass.
Alright, but how is smashing it in the middle of the night any better? We'll either get kidnapped with zero fuss or witnesses, or get spotted by security and thrown in the slammer.

Esquilax

Arcane
I think we should just buy the thing and evaluate it. We blend in pretty well without our eyepatch, so I think if someone comes around wondering who bought it or where it is, they won't really be able to get a good description on us. Breaking the thing might risk breaking whatever's inside it if it's really fragile.

B

Baltika9

Arcane
Love is one thing. James Bond'ing is another. Besides, we're a tentacle monster, monogamy should be a foreign concept.

To be honest, I'm starting to get uncomfortable with going "OH YEAH!" in the middle of a social venue. I am even less comfortable with breaking in at night, Senya's criminal record being what it is (yes, I suspect that if we stand out too much and become a liability, without having a personal safety net, Azo will just cut us loose. And then we're back at square 0). Erika also isn't the most reasonable person herself.
Plus, what Esquilax said.
Count me as B; and by Ean why were we doing Kyrie's laundry in the first place? Is Senya that pussy-whipped when we're not around?

Esquilax

Arcane
Yeah, we need to be around to rein Erika in: she's always been a hothead, and our recent behaviour isn't exactly the most stable around, so we ought to at least try to be the voice of reason to keep us both from doing stupid shit.

There are sniggers from all around as the customers and shop attendants glance at me. Turning red, I make my way towards the changing room at a brisk pace. Though I hesitate right before going in, Erika grabs me and pulls me inside. Thankfully, she's still fully clothed.
The police had checked the room thoroughly for any signs of hidden chambers or passageways, but found nothing. I can tell that there is nothing like that in here, but there issomething else that they had missed.

The mirror is slightly, strangely hollow. Of course, there would be no place for anyone to hide inside, but it was a compartment nonetheless. There could be an important clue within. Erika had sensed the subtle distortion of her image within the mirror due to its construction, but couldn't put words to it. I run my fingers along the smooth reflective surface, tapping it, but find no purchase for to pry it open. It's extremely well-constructed, so seamless that even if I were to use my tendrils I would not be able to slip them between the glass and its frame.

“Break it?” asks Erika.

Okay, so we're in a public place full of people, Erika is clearly a very noticeable person, and we've opted for a contact lens to blend in better instead of picking laser-eyes or sticking with our eyepatch. With this in mind, breaking the mirror and possibly endangering the investigation is an incredibly stupid idea.

The choice is clearly between A or B. A is higher risk, but if it's successful, we'll leave no trace. Buying the mirror itself might make us noticeable, but not suspicious - after all, we've just decided to buy a mirror, it just so happens to coincidentally be connected to a crime. The people who we're looking for won't really start noticing us with B, though a successful break-in later tonight with A would of course be better. I might still go for A, though.

Baltika9

Arcane
Not too fond of A myself, I'd much rather take D over it: why waste time and go through the risk headache of sneaking in at night to break , or, "better" yet, steal, the mirror when we can do it here and now, with a more-or-less reasonable cover story. I really don't fancy risking capture by the police or tipping off our targets for such petty shit.

Plus, as much as I dislike the idea of compromising true wuv, Senya has some serious blue balls he needs to get rid of, and I don't think Kyrie will terribly mind if he "pumps" Erika for information. All for a good cause, right?:lol:

Tigranes

Arcane
How common is it for two high schoolers (wait, how old are we now?) to waltz into a lingerie shop then buy the freaking mirror? But if we go for A, I think we're pretty much certain to be detected in some way; if you had enough access and preparation to set up some kind of fake-mirror-gadget then you're going to have set up more complex surveillance mechanisms than typical CCTV, no? Perhaps that's giving too much credit to the criminals, though. And if we do buy the mirror we'd need to come back to the shop anyway at some point, won't we?

C for now, I think there's more we can find out than just the mirror and surely the mirror will still be there if we return another time?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
About 17. I suppose you could be rich brats with eccentric tastes and more money than sense?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom