Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Funny you should bring up Edem's fate at this particular update, though...

We have just encountered a trans-dimensional device sporting Gieloth-like tendrils. One does not need to be a rocket scientist to connect the dots...

And since we're on the topic of Gieloth... I still don't buy the "lawl, Gieloth are weeds" explanation of the Masters' hostility towards them. Why would they uplift the Gieloth in the first place, then?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Curiosity? Test subjects? An experiment that got slightly out of hand? Don't mistake annoyance for hostility.

Baltika9

Arcane
Whoever said they got "uplifted?" The Masters just nabbed them, probably for experiments, and I have a strange suspicion that these kidnapped Gieloth are the basis for Immortals.
You shake your head. You saw something in that crater, but are unable to recall it. The images flit around the edges of your mind, refusing to be drawn into focus. You can only remember a darkness that moved as if it were alive, and screams…

Well, they certainly screamed well enough.
Too bad their bodies were a bit too fragile for our size, eh?
You’re a bad joker, mate.
Not much to go on, but Sekhenun could mold seamlessly with her hosts. If the Masters are a hyper-advanced race(?) that has the power and tech to stomp around dimensions like a drunken fratboy through stripclubs, I'm pretty sure they could invent that before her.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
I would like to go with a gamble, A3, but as we just gambled (and lost in my opinion) our way here, I'm going to go with a safer option. B3.

ScubaV

Prophet
treave, how does Senya perceive reality to be since we've arrived. Does it seem stable or did he detect subtle changes before his power wore off?

If stable, I'm thinking A1. Another person, be they captor or trapped soul, would have a lot of information to offer. Erika should be able to find her way back to this location quite easily if things are stable. And her powers appear to have progressed since our last encounter so I'd guess her chance of success to be fairly high.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
I don't think B1 is a safe option. We would be sitting ducks if we let the runner get away and come back with help. It would be safer to go with A1 than B1.

aleam iacis

Liturgist
Codex USB, 2014 BattleTech
Getting separated seems risky to me, in this bizarre plane. We could lose Erika and never see her again, or ourselves come to some random bad end of being lost in the cosmos. But it seems a running theme throughout this LP that we skip the chance to learn about the plot (in character), so A1 to break that trend.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
It's weird but stable. You made an abnormal entrance by destroying the rod.

Baltika9

Arcane
So, I'm not the only one who thinks she's here.

Say, treave, would it be possible to use our ability when it is not fully charged? Chances are, this really is a lookout and after we're done looting and pillaging exploring the Palace, he'll have a nice ambush waiting for us.

Baltika9

Arcane
Real-time cooldowns? In my Codex?
: x
Still, so long as we're with Erika, we should be fine: she can take care of the heavy lifting and we can use our tentacles for support.

I'm expecting hoping to find something big in that palace, like Kyrie or even a Vajra piece. This dimension-bending technology had to come from somewhere and that magic stick is the only thing we know of that can do that.

Say, are there any unusual trees and/or flowers around?
Edit: and is Ares dead, or is that part deliberately ambiguous?

Zwist

Learned
A1
If the person is running to alert others we are screwed. I don't expect a trap, as no one should expect us.

Baltika9

Arcane
Since the votes are mostly split between A1 and B3, are you counting them by block or separately?

Block: B3.
Separate: B1.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
By block, which means it's currently at:
A1 - 4
B1 - 1
B2 - 2
B3 - 5

I won't have time to update for perhaps about 12 hours, though, so voting remains open till then.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom