Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] Epic

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Jun 23, 2012.

1. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    AB

Hopefully the eye provides some clues what the hell is going on.

^ Top  
  2. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
  3. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    C- it's most likely connected to either Ean or Dio. Both are fine with me.
    A- we came here to solve this case and now's our best chance. By the time we get away and track them to their HQ, we should be ready to fight. B is just stupid, Senya is already feeling the negative effects of the miasma, so we'd better GTFO as soon as we can, not slog our feet through Todd Howard's Subway Kingdom.

Tremendously tempted with 2C, though, and am open to 1B.

^ Top  
  4. Stygian Lurker Scholar

Stygian Lurker
    1 - A
    2 - A

^ Top  
  5. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Poor Erika blushes at the mention that Senya needs her at his side. :roll:

Ah well. Should not surprise me, treave did paint her well as a very naïve in some ways, dangerous young girl. And Senya's oh so dashing, he even wore an eye-patch at one time!

Anyways. Back to voting.
    Picking what book to take with us is not easy. It seems quite probable that our choice will be important, in what we learn more about. Might even be something that can unlock some powers for Senya, even though I'm not convinced about that.
    The B choice seems to be about the Masters, as the symbol represents Vajra. The C choice seems to tie in with the Immortals here on Earth that fought against the masters, most notably Ean. The A choice though.. I'm not too sure. Either Gieloth, or possibly Shulgi.
    Whatever it is, it's tantalizing and unknown.
    Tentatively voting
    A
    for the first vote.
    As to the second vote, I find this choice a lot easier. We want to get out of here. We need to know how and where. It's possible that with the knowledge gained, we can go back to this place. But we're out of the ordinary into a place where we don't know the rules, and we're not feeling too well. We should seize the opportunity the panicked cultists gave us and give chase. Hopefully, the chase will last long enough for Senya's cooldown to expire.
    A
    C just seems wasteful. Why fight this thing right now? Why try and fight something that doesn't exist? :M
    And I don't feel like spelunking right now, so that rules out B.

^ Top  
  6. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
    Because it's probable that we'll be running into more of these guys and so it's useful to test out what might work (or what definitely fails) against them in this relatively safe position before we're forced onto a more urgent later conflict?

^ Top  
  7. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Not very clever when we're tired and still don't know that we can exit this place anytime soon.
    And we don't know for certain if these things are beings that exist outside this dimension or not.

Also, attacking it now might actually provoke it. Which I'd rather not do until Senya's out of cooldown again. I've also got a hunch that this thing might not actually be hostile to Senya..

^ Top  
  8. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    It's this that worries me. We don't know anything about the creature and blindly trusting the assumption that it is sluggish is foolish.

How did it vanish?

^ Top  
  9. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    You know, that vanishing act makes me wonder: if it wanted to attack us, why not do it then and there? If anything, I take that as a sign of indifference (maybe even benevolence; maybe the rod is somehow connected?) from it. We should be fine sidestepping it.

However, I am more interested in the books: I think we should get the Shin'ar one, since we lost the guide Shulgi gave us, and have Senya learn about the real history of the world. Maybe even learn some of Ean's tricks, considering the shit we regularly get ourselves into (which isn't stopping anytime soon :incline: ), that's going to be rather useful.

^ Top  
  10. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    A - the eye is, in fact, surely surrounded by TENTACLES not by fire
    A - let's avoid the emanation of the Sphere, shall we?

^ Top  
  11. ScubaV Prophet

ScubaV
  12. Rex Feral Liturgist

Rex Feral
    CA. For now.

^ Top  
  13. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    AA

I get the feeling that this is going to turn into one of those horror movies where two adversary groups buddy up to face off against the supernatural.

Also creature makes me think of those statues from the Doctor Who series
    [​IMG]

^ Top  
  14. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    One moment it's there, then it's gone.

Weeping Angels are horrifying, but I wasn't so sure that they should have started talking about their own nature in the series.

^ Top  
  15. ScubaV Prophet

ScubaV
    ^ Top  
  16. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Bros, as tempting as the wildcard is, I really don't see how it's our best choice: we're pretty much shacked up with Kyrie, the heir to the Empire (which we can start reforming once we find her, should be easier to gather support arond a living Princess rather than saying "she's alive, take my word for it"), we consistently sided with the Shin'ar whenever we had the option and we picked the Ean choice every time we could.
    Frankly, the Shin'ari Codex (hurr) seems to suit us best and mesh with our choices the most. I mean, hell, if we learn as much as possible about the Empire, it should give us some very intereting opportunities down the line, all things (like Kyrie and our stolen MEGA GLORY) considered.

So, yeah, I don't see a whole lot of reasons we would pick the 1A right now.

Off-topic: maybe the reason Shulgi gave us hat text game was so that we would understand Ean's character and his memories, and create an AI of him, like Yua. Which he would then use on the post-apocalyptic, plague-infested world (which would also be conveniently clean of non-powered humans) to unite it under one strong leader who would, naturally, be under his " supervision."

Yes, I've lost it quite a while ago.

^ Top  
  17. aleam iacis Scholar

aleam iacis
    Codex USB, 2014 BattleTech
    CA. I want my lore-dump damnit, I'd rather have that over a 'cool' new powerup or some damn curse or random cult musings. Plus if its an old book, the only major cult was Shulgi's and forget him. That said, as Ean we never really got to use shadow, light, or necromancy powers...
    Oh well, we ended up as a god-emperor :P So let's read the book about the empire!

Oh, and I want to catch the cultists since they would be useful to us. But the second choice is less important to me, B seems like a waste of time and opportunity, C seems inherently stupid.

^ Top  
  18. B - is Vajra and probably knowledge of the masters - which we may need to get out of here alive, not to mention later when we have to face them.
    A - We've blindly sided against the cult before and lost out big time because of it. They may not be our enemies this time round. Also, that thing is what's causing our headache and I think we are causing it somehow...

edit:
    Aw, did Senya just hear his first voice? :wishful thinking:
    :desu:

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  19. Zwist Learned

Zwist
    What are these books? Most probably infodumps on the factions associated with the symbols, someone spying and collecting data on them. Who that is? Now that is really interesting. I think the symbol of the empire might shed light on that, at least if it is an old acquaintance. But we know most shit about the empire already, don't we? In terms of power-up the only thing I could think of us getting out of this deal is a certain sword. Also: Info on recent events? Queeny?
    The creature is nothing, as such everything it touches stops being. The humanoid form however is more interesting, as it hints that at one time it was. Do we know of any act that can unmake a being on that level?
    Whatever it is, fighting it is just a bad idea. Also it appears to be following *us*, the cultists being here for quite some time and Senya noticing it before.

B- ooring
    A- Meatshields

^ Top  
  20. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    A - 7
    B - 2
    C - 4

A - 10
    B - 2
    C - 1

AA wins. Update coming in a few hours. The first time I put two dead end choices in one update you guys dodge it altogether.

:x

^ Top  
  21. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    What were the dead end choices?

^ Top  
  22. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    If you go into the subway, you're unable to track down the cultists again before they make off with the only other way out of this world (since Erika destroyed one). You find some supplies in their abandoned hideout that allows you and Erika to survive for another month, but a way out never appears, and you eventually die of starvation and dehydration.

Fighting the thing means you die. Retreating from it once you've engaged, as it turns out, isn't an option.

^ Top  
  23. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    We aim to please :troll:

^ Top  
  24. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    My pleasure, really. :smug:

Shame about the book, though. Learning the Shin'ar secrets and restoring Kyrie to the throne would've been a nice combination. Looks like I'll have to settle for Cthulhu'ing and biotech. I'm grief-stricken.

Say, about that monocle, possibility down the road?

^ Top  
  25. Just don't make a habit of it! Both of the options sounded like pretty bad ideas, but, well, this is the codex... All I'm say'n is it's a good thing statue diplomacy wasn't an option... :M

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.