Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

Anabanana

Augur
Aaaaand this is why I am leery of doing any other than A for the second choice.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Well the world is fucked already. Might go all the way with revenge.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
EC > EB I want to redo things or ascend. Or at least crush the enemies of Shulgi. Maybe we could eventually bring him back...

a cut of domestic sheep prime

EC

OBVIOUSLY. hard to think of anything else. we destroyed mankind; time to reubilt it and reshape according to our design.
Eh, you do realize that C is us telling the everyone that the world is a lie, right? I mean, we'll be either prompting everyone to suicide like cyberjack or shaking people to their core like our old self did - but not reshaping mankind. Reshaping mankind sounds more like B.

edit: Also, did the codex totally screw up the universe or what? I mean, had we not interfered at all, starting with Ean, history would have played out as it should have. Even after we trashed the timeline completely and Senya was born, it seems our every action made this world more and more into a hell. Perhaps it is us - not the Masters, or the gieloth, or the immortals - who are the true villains of this story. The destroyers of worlds.
:M

Yes. We'll destroy it. And build it again; people will be free from the shackles of science and this newfangled starleague, free from the constraints of master-imposed thought, free from the Highlander-esque Quickening at the center of the galactic core. And if they will not follow, we will destroy them. Why should we care about them? What have they ever given us? We were used from the start, by the cult, by Shulgi, even by our own little mind-engram. We never had freedom.

We reject that. We reject this shoddy reality. We transcend simple physical space. Our old self was still guided by some gieloth-like purpose and fanatical devotion to some idiotic, genocidal ideal he held. Not us. No. We will do it better. We see the Truth of the Thing; enough of being puppets. We stand alone. Bring down everything that stands in our way and reforge the universe itself according to OUR design! Ours, and ours alone. And when all the races and all the universe stands against us, even the masters, perhaps even Dio himself in his cage of a billion years...We will strike their existence from the records of fate...Only we, and we alone, have the power to do so.

Godhood awaits.
Very well. We shall create a new world and a perfect order. We shall alter time and space and set it aright! We shall ascend and become the new great idea, for we shall expose to the idea that it itself is fake and nothing.
Flopping to EC.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Interesting. When I offer you guys the option to come to a reasoned, informed conclusion about the nature of the universe, you do not take it. When there is now the option to go totally insane and conclude the universe is fake just because you don't like/believe what happened, you are all for it.

For those who have voted B in the previous update, yet are going with the second C here (or at least aren't against it), what is your reasoning? I mean, besides root, I know his ultimate aim is chaos. :lol:

Not trying to sway anyone away from that particular choice; I have no qualms writing a batshit insane protagonist that hides his madness with a thin veneer of civility, and it indeed could be fun if the 'dex has a taste for it, but I'm interested in what would cause people to flop in such an extreme manner.

Not trying to sway anyone away from that particular choice; I have no qualms writing a batshit insane protagonist that hides his madness with a thin veneer of civility, and it indeed could be fun if the 'dex has a taste for it, but I'm interested in what would cause people to flop in such an extreme manner.
Actually, mainly this. I've wanted Senya to start his own cult ever since I came up with the golden jar idea too... It's kind of a whim for me though. I may flop back.

edit: oh, and I guess the fact that Kyrie's dead, our tentacles are gone, and earth is pretty much fucked. Kinda sets me in a "what the hell" kind of mood.

edit: I'd rather not have Senya bumbling around as some guilt ridden douchebag for the rest of time. If 2B needs votes to overcome A and C won't win, then consider me auto-flopped to B.

Esquilax

Arcane
It's not chaos: it's getting sick of being led like a monkey on a string and people always asking for more if you want more freedom, more knowledge. and even if you get it, it's worthless: ultimately you're still just a pawn in some huge chess game the masters are pulling against themselves or the great idea or whatever. even if we had unified mankind, what would come of that? What good is it getting to the prize? It's still some smug old fuck waiting to HAND it to you. Enough of being rewarded, handled, of buying things.

Now I know you're joking. Fuck, this is really bad, but believing that this world is a fake reality is a terrible flop and will only backfire on us even worse. I can't possibly see why people would vote for it other than "lol evil" or feeling shitty because we fucked up badly. Stupid idea.

EA

Same here.
It's not chaos: it's getting sick of being led like a monkey on a string and people always asking for more if you want more freedom, more knowledge. and even if you get it, it's worthless: ultimately you're still just a pawn in some huge chess game the masters are pulling against themselves or the great idea or whatever. even if we had unified mankind, what would come of that? What good is it getting to the prize? It's still some smug old fuck waiting to HAND it to you. Enough of being rewarded, handled, of buying things.

Now I know you're joking. Fuck, this is really bad, but believing that this world is a fake reality is a terrible flop and will only backfire on us even worse. I can't possibly see why people would vote for it other than "lol evil" or feeling shitty because we fucked up badly. Stupid idea.

EA
And I can't see why developing a guilt complex for something that really wasn't - entirely - our fault is a good idea. Heck, even if it was ALL our fault, I'd rather not read page after page of Senya's angst ridden weeaboo bs. If it's that you don't think that B has a chance, allow me to barter: You flop to B and so shall I.

is C losing? Is A winning? I have no idea how the scorecards are
Kinda, yeah. C was tied with A, but Esquilax broke it. We'd still need one more flop to B to break the tie We can beat A - should Esquilax flip with me that is.

so B is tied with C and A is in the lead?
Well, no.

Tally:
lambchop ec
Kipeci ec
rex feral CA
jester eb
azira ca
ana ea
roooot ec
tome eb
m4davis ca
stygian lurker ab
smashing axe ec
esquilax ea

Ok, so since votes aren't counted in block this time:

1:
a1
c3
e8
2:
a5
b3
c4

It's just there aren't many voters unaccounted for... I don't think Esquilax will ever be swayed to C and I REALLY hate the idea of making Senya into even more of a weeaboo loser than he is now..

oops added wrong...fixed.

So if Esquilax and I flop to B, then we'll actually beat A.

edit: Esquilax, I'd advise you to flop quickly if you are going to. Should some more EC votes come in from late voters, my offer will be off the table...

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Is that including my preferential voting? (assuming treave allows such tomfoolery)

Look, I can see justification for the belief that this is all a simulation with meta knowledge. Given how reality is affected by the masters, and that this is only one of many universes, we could view this universe as a constructed one designed by the masters to be some kind of great game. What happens to a game when someone wins? It ends. I think us trying to pursue "enlightenment" may give us some very real insights into the nature of reality in this world, and allow us to pursue the Masters into oblivion.

That said, Option B would be awesome as well and I'm pretty much divided between the two. A... I don't want to ham up the guilt too much.

You are right, I didn't account for that. As it stands now, your flop to B wouldn't affect anything. A would still win. Even if I flopped with you, b'd still only have 5 to a's 5. We'd need one more b vote.

edit: math is teh hard.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012

Let's reach out and take it.

edit: the slaughter and unlimited power are just bonuses. I do hope Shulgi isn't dead, or that we can at least bring him back in some way. I have such glorious sights to show him.

He'll be back in a few million years or so. If you have your way he will return to a cold, dead universe where he is the only thing alive.:lol:

Anyway, you're not a pawn anymore. You're off the chessboard. Shulgi made sure of that. Whatever reason you have for coming to Ankida (besides curling up in the facility and dying of hunger), there is no longer anyone seeking to use you. That will change if and when you gain prominence, but that will happen eventually as long as you have a greater ambition than just living out the rest of your days in obscurity. You're right about the smug old fuck at the center of the galaxy, though. Pretty fucking smug too.

edit: I will accept preferential voting.

You're right about the smug old fuck at the center of the galaxy, though. Pretty fucking smug too.

I refuse to play his game. I don't see why anybody else would. B is just playing into it: Amass more power, get armies, fight the Mushu empire and whomever else, get the prize, bla bla bla.
why would we ever want that?
Hey, I'm with you, bro. Thing is, if we go all weeaboo-pussy, that smug motherfucker will win anyway. At least with B there's hope. A fighting chance. It's still a mindset that is against "gods and masters".

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Well, no, you don't have to participate or take the prize in B. You determine what you mean by 'the path humanity should have travelled'. Even if it means turning the entire centre of the galaxy into an even larger supermassive blackhole spanning light-years because fuck the game, I'm going to spoil it for everyone. :lol:

Hell, nothing rules that out in A either.

And there's no guarantee that we'd be locked in with B. After all, we just chose not to be like our old self in the previous update, but here's the choice again. We could amass all that power and then decide to fuck over the universe anyway.

Well, technically the voting is tied right now. Since smashing axe and I are holding the B vote in tie with A due to preferential voting. We either need 1 more B vote or 2 more C votes to beat A.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The advantage with the EC combo is that the previous Senya never managed to publicise his actions and motives. Now that the world has turned to shit AND Shulgi took the rap for it AND you have a cult of your own, with a bit of rebranding you can easily recruit many faithful, suicidal followers flocking to your banner. Enter the Terran Jihad.

That actually sounds pretty awesome. :incline:

treave, I am curious about something though... Back when we rescued the Gieloth: What would have happened had we chosen to give in to our desires and go for some *ahem* family bonding with Rei?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
treave, I am curious about something though... Back when we rescued the Gieloth: What would have happened had we chosen to give in to our desires and go for some *ahem* family bonding with Rei?

After a orgy that you vaguely remember you wake up in custody of the cult and get to talk with your supposed true 'mother'. Lore dump. Rei would have had no choice but to deliver the Gieloth to space though as no other help was forthcoming, allowing the Indus to create a few hundred more 'supersoldiers' implanted with tentacles.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom