Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] Epic

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Anabanana Augur

Anabanana
    I told you we should've voted A...

But now we'll never know because that information is locked to us forever! Yay!

EA. There's no making up for how horribly we fucked the world, but we have to at least try.

^ Top  
  2. Jester Arbiter

Jester
    We should try to tail mini Senya before gate in my opinion still It's no use crying over spilled milk.
    Technically there is way to do things right, if we will be somehow able to use definer of universe to recreate world.
    I think that we still can get Lamb information if we play with cage in Senya head, expect temptation from our little friend.

Still cant believe that he was able to do so much with half of his brain rebelling against him, expected that our power and reload is heavily based on our mind. Guess i was wrong and idiot.

^ Top  
  3. Anabanana Augur

Anabanana
    Well, I'm pretty sure that the cage in our head is locked up forever, but that... probably doesn't mean we can't get information about the reality of this universe through other means. Our alternate personality must have had other sources as well, right...?

^ Top  
  4. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    EB - The only way to set world right is to get rid of Masters

And oh boy did we fuck up.

^ Top  
  5. m4davis Scholar

m4davis
  6. Jester Arbiter

Jester
    Not forever but quite tight from my point of view we can somehow open it.

Interesting it is this mind killing i would be pissed of if someone wiped my hard drive and looks like Shulgi is deeply involved. Hmmm and he seamed to know Anna rather well looks like he founded our new family and job.
    Could Shulgi be a star of game BIOSHOCK I he remind me of last boss even thou he isn't so corrupted.
    :troll:

Fuuuuuu still cant believe how bad this skip was. I feel heavily trolled.

^ Top  
  7. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    Eh, you do realize that C is us telling the everyone that the world is a lie, right? I mean, we'll be either prompting everyone to suicide like cyberjack or shaking people to their core like our old self did - but not reshaping mankind. Reshaping mankind sounds more like B.

edit: Also, did the codex totally screw up the universe or what? I mean, had we not interfered at all, starting with Ean, history would have played out as it should have. Even after we trashed the timeline completely and Senya was born, it seems our every action made this world more and more into a hell. Perhaps it is us - not the Masters, or the gieloth, or the immortals - who are the true villains of this story. The destroyers of worlds.
    :M

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Anabanana Augur

Anabanana
    Aaaaand this is why I am leery of doing any other than A for the second choice.

^ Top  
  9. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    Well the world is fucked already. Might go all the way with revenge.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  10. Stygian Lurker Scholar

Stygian Lurker
  11. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    EC > EB I want to redo things or ascend. Or at least crush the enemies of Shulgi. Maybe we could eventually bring him back...

^ Top  
  12. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    Very well. We shall create a new world and a perfect order. We shall alter time and space and set it aright! We shall ascend and become the new great idea, for we shall expose to the idea that it itself is fake and nothing.
    Flopping to EC.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Interesting. When I offer you guys the option to come to a reasoned, informed conclusion about the nature of the universe, you do not take it. When there is now the option to go totally insane and conclude the universe is fake just because you don't like/believe what happened, you are all for it.

For those who have voted B in the previous update, yet are going with the second C here (or at least aren't against it), what is your reasoning? I mean, besides root, I know his ultimate aim is chaos. :lol:

Not trying to sway anyone away from that particular choice; I have no qualms writing a batshit insane protagonist that hides his madness with a thin veneer of civility, and it indeed could be fun if the 'dex has a taste for it, but I'm interested in what would cause people to flop in such an extreme manner.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    Actually, mainly this. I've wanted Senya to start his own cult ever since I came up with the golden jar idea too... It's kind of a whim for me though. I may flop back.

edit: oh, and I guess the fact that Kyrie's dead, our tentacles are gone, and earth is pretty much fucked. Kinda sets me in a "what the hell" kind of mood.

edit: I'd rather not have Senya bumbling around as some guilt ridden douchebag for the rest of time. If 2B needs votes to overcome A and C won't win, then consider me auto-flopped to B.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    Now I know you're joking. Fuck, this is really bad, but believing that this world is a fake reality is a terrible flop and will only backfire on us even worse. I can't possibly see why people would vote for it other than "lol evil" or feeling shitty because we fucked up badly. Stupid idea.

EA

^ Top  
  16. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    Same here.
    And I can't see why developing a guilt complex for something that really wasn't - entirely - our fault is a good idea. Heck, even if it was ALL our fault, I'd rather not read page after page of Senya's angst ridden weeaboo bs. If it's that you don't think that B has a chance, allow me to barter: You flop to B and so shall I.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    Kinda, yeah. C was tied with A, but Esquilax broke it. We'd still need one more flop to B to break the tie We can beat A - should Esquilax flip with me that is.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    Well, no.

Tally:
    lambchop ec
    Kipeci ec
    rex feral CA
    jester eb
    azira ca
    ana ea
    roooot ec
    tome eb
    m4davis ca
    stygian lurker ab
    smashing axe ec
    esquilax ea

Ok, so since votes aren't counted in block this time:

1:
    a1
    c3
    e8
    2:
    a5
    b3
    c4

It's just there aren't many voters unaccounted for... I don't think Esquilax will ever be swayed to C and I REALLY hate the idea of making Senya into even more of a weeaboo loser than he is now..

oops added wrong...fixed.

So if Esquilax and I flop to B, then we'll actually beat A.

edit: Esquilax, I'd advise you to flop quickly if you are going to. Should some more EC votes come in from late voters, my offer will be off the table...

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    Is that including my preferential voting? (assuming treave allows such tomfoolery)

Look, I can see justification for the belief that this is all a simulation with meta knowledge. Given how reality is affected by the masters, and that this is only one of many universes, we could view this universe as a constructed one designed by the masters to be some kind of great game. What happens to a game when someone wins? It ends. I think us trying to pursue "enlightenment" may give us some very real insights into the nature of reality in this world, and allow us to pursue the Masters into oblivion.

That said, Option B would be awesome as well and I'm pretty much divided between the two. A... I don't want to ham up the guilt too much.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    You are right, I didn't account for that. As it stands now, your flop to B wouldn't affect anything. A would still win. Even if I flopped with you, b'd still only have 5 to a's 5. We'd need one more b vote.

edit: math is teh hard.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    Being guilt ridden would be annoying as fuck all to read.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  22. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    weeaboo

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    He'll be back in a few million years or so. If you have your way he will return to a cold, dead universe where he is the only thing alive.:lol:

Anyway, you're not a pawn anymore. You're off the chessboard. Shulgi made sure of that. Whatever reason you have for coming to Ankida (besides curling up in the facility and dying of hunger), there is no longer anyone seeking to use you. That will change if and when you gain prominence, but that will happen eventually as long as you have a greater ambition than just living out the rest of your days in obscurity. You're right about the smug old fuck at the center of the galaxy, though. Pretty fucking smug too.

edit: I will accept preferential voting.

^ Top  
  24. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    Hey, I'm with you, bro. Thing is, if we go all weeaboo-pussy, that smug motherfucker will win anyway. At least with B there's hope. A fighting chance. It's still a mindset that is against "gods and masters".

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Well, no, you don't have to participate or take the prize in B. You determine what you mean by 'the path humanity should have travelled'. Even if it means turning the entire centre of the galaxy into an even larger supermassive blackhole spanning light-years because fuck the game, I'm going to spoil it for everyone. :lol:

Hell, nothing rules that out in A either.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.