Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] Epic

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Jun 23, 2012.

1. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    The religion will be an entirely different one of Senya's own invention, based on his experiences and what he thinks will work best to attract people. He doesn't believe in it, and neither do these founding members need to (after all, the Apostles themselves started off much the same way...). It'll be mostly non-confrontational and more philosophy, less mystic mumbo-jumbo (if you guys become an information broker and not a drug dealer - religion + drugs + refugees = potent synergy :lol:).

Apostles' reputation is still shit because Shulgi claimed he was the mastermind behind them. They aren't off the hook for anything they did.

The next update will be set perhaps about a month later, after the first efforts have borne fruit. After that, things should begin happening as the election date gets closer and the campaigning gets more intensive. Secular means not religious at all. You could probably call it humanist if you need to.

edit: No block voting here either.

^ Top  
  2. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    What reason are you guys voting secular for? It only serves to diminish our own power. We're competent enough to pull a Muhammad, a fanatical religion devoted to us only serves to strengthen our cause. When belief and will are iron, where men are united under one banner and their purpose is indefatigable, they are inevitably the victor. When they are willing to make any sacrifice, regardless of the cost, we will be unstoppable.

^ Top  
  3. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    We're not going on the fanatic path. You guys missed the boat on that one. It has more liabilities than it brings benefits anyway, so from a practical standpoint current Senya does not need a bunch of crazy religionists willing to die for him, especially considering the present political climate.

^ Top  
  4. Rex Feral Liturgist

Rex Feral
    I dislike religion. That's why. We should seek to enlighten them not merely control them. They must follow us on their own accord, not because religion states so.

^ Top  
  5. ScubaV Prophet

ScubaV
  6. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    Henceforth, my brothers, our name shall be...

THE SEEKERS OF THE GOLDEN JAR

Will vote after work.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Anabanana Augur

Anabanana
    Welp. Definitely sticking to a secular organization in that case.

^ Top  
  8. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
  9. Jester Arbiter

Jester
    Right forgotten about name maybe "Pupils of Abject True Hope".
    We are strengthen by our search for purpose, we are the path.

^ Top  
  10. ScubaV Prophet

ScubaV
    The Terran Liberation Front!

^ Top  
  11. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    That name would put you in direct competition with the People's Front of Terra, the People's Liberation Front of Terra, the Terran Popular People's Front, the Popular Front of Terra as well as the Campaign for a Free Ankida.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    1.A
    2.A
    3.B
    4.A

^ Top  
  13. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    We could also take advantage of our reknown, make a play on the previous name, and brand the following as "Senya's apostles". :troll:

^ Top  
  14. Jester Arbiter

Jester
    Yes lets start Evil Overlord patch. We will provide our minions with enlightenment, improved living conditions, health care and sound retirement plan.

I would join in if the organization isn't build only on around particular people, rather than institutions, it does not depriving people of the chance to have a stake in the organization, focusing all of the organization’s efforts into a single goal and failing to consider alternatives, having no tolerance for failure or failing to learn from mistakes.

^ Top  
  15. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    My brothers, our goal is clear: The CHILD is the last remnant of the lady Sekhenun. We shall right history's greatest wrong. The error that began humanity on the slow path of decline 4000 years ago. We will find the CHILD, we will decapitate it and put it in a jar. THERE CAN BE NO OTHER OUTCOME!

:mob:

B - OUR PEOPLE don't need drugs, they need SALVATION! Drugs would only offer them escape, we shall offer them FREEDOM. (The Higashi refugees should be among our greatest supporters. No need to drug them up.) Hadn't read treave post on drugs+religion... In short: DRUGS FOR THE FAITHFUL!

A - Flock to us, my people. We shall rebuild. (Again, we should be most favored among the refugees, let's build on that.)

A - KNEEL AND REPENT! (Worked before for the apostles...)

B - And so begins our jihad of the stars! For Muad'Dib--er, I mean Senya!

FOR THE JAR, MY BROTHERS!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. aleam iacis Scholar

aleam iacis
    Codex USB, 2014 BattleTech
    :thumbsup:
    A B B B
    Let them choose to serve us. Working honestly but pragmatically we will bring a prestigious age of light and reason:obviously: to bear, with us at the forefront, honored and held above all. At least, that's the public image we want.

^ Top  
  17. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
    I have now seen the light thanks to excessive drug abuse your inspired insight, and have flopped accordingly!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    I would like to point out that the option to feed drugs to the community is the first choice. The second choice involves where you focus your activities on.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
    noted and flopped

^ Top  
  20. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    Ak. Thanks for the save, bro. Was about to leave the house and didn't pay attention. :M

Edit: I just now noticed the "brolapse" button. *shudder*

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Zwist Learned

Zwist
    Well. We created our own post apocalypse. But we lack the mutated animals. Yet.

As for the choice: Why care for the rabble? Pecuniam non olet.

ABBA
    And the name of our organisation?
    Ohana.

^ Top  
  22. ScubaV Prophet

ScubaV
    How about:

Followers Under the Champion of Kyrie, Invigorating Terra

^ Top  
  23. Rex Feral Liturgist

Rex Feral
    Terra Nova, Terra Firma, Dies Irae, Mors Indecepta. I wish for something cool as a name.

^ Top  
  24. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    Psh. You don't get much cooler that the Seekers of the Golden Jar, but whatever.

Well, I still like my name for our cult, but if you bros are dead set against that, I guess you could go with something boring like "The Committee for the Liberation and Integration of Terran Organisms and their Rehabilitation Into Space." One drawback with that: the abbreviation is "CLITORIS." Fitting, though...given that you're all a bunch of jar-hating pussies...
    +M

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Kayerts Arcane

Kayerts
    I was hoping that our decision to spare Kaito would cause Senya to kill another five billion people. :decline:

AAAB

1A: Seems obvious.
    2A: Helping (Higashi) refugees has a nice synergy with 4B.
    3A: God-Emperor of Mankind has a nicer ring to it than Dude-Emperor of Mankind. Going the religious path could put us on a collision course with the Council of Nine (refer to Shulgi's comments about the dangers of revealing himself), but see my suggestion below for my proposed initial target of our worship.
    4B: Our name will attract attention from many friends, and our few enemies can't knock us much further down than leader of a child mob.

Name: I'd go with a Latin motto like "Deus Vult" or perhaps "Uterus Vult," but that doesn't make sense in a world with no Roman Empire. Apostles of the Golden Dick is solid. But since Ankida is to bear witness to our rise to power, why don't we use the imagery of an ancient Shinari myth? We want to present ourselves as the savior who will redeem the land from the desolation wrought by the terrorist Shulgi. There was another hero who gave his people hope when annihilation beckoned, who saved the land after the mythological Shulgi had drowned it. I think we should call our group the Legacy of Ean.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.