Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

Kipeci

Arcane
A pet sphere is still in the works, right?

Actually, how is the Mt. Olympus wasteland area now, to the best of our knowledge?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Yeah I'm reserving that pet sphere for a suitable time. The Olympus wasteland is now a wasteland again. Nothing lives there.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Do we know what happened to the books we got from the other dimension?

Jester

Arbiter
A
Open leader and now whole galaxy gonna look at our fingers, better to get some nice suit preferably bright to be better visible target. Now we have to be successful because i expect to make some not gutsy decisions to decrease heat on our neck later... oh well at least when we restore some academy level education... who i am kidding expect but-hurt.

The act of doing nothing tells us plenty about the character. The act of doing nothing tells us plenty about the character
you like kicking trolling when someone is down huh? NOT cool bro.
:rpgcodex:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

:dead:
Random musings: You bros do realize that there's pretty much no way Senya's story can end in anything but utter, balls-crushing tragedy now, right? I mean, we murdered our own love interest and destroyed our own planet. We have nothing to live for except maybe our sister - who isn't really our sister - and the desire for power. Only now we have very little power. We're the very public head of a cult that doesn't want to call itself a cult... (With charity. We're basically like the red cross only we spy on people and philosophize a bit.) Yeah, we can become a kingmaker. Woohoo. If we make someone else king, they'll probably turn on us anyway. We don't have anyone in power who truly cares what happens to us anymore. Quin is on our side, but if she ever finds out what our other self did to Kyrie, she'll try to kill us and turn everyone against us. Hmm. Going back up after we've slid this far down the slope is going to be quite difficult.

It seems everything Senya has done has brought the world closer to the end. treave, We discussed the possibility back during the fight with Shulgi a bit, but *could* Senya ever learn the power to erase someone so utterly that it'd be as if they never existed? Could he erase himself? Or could he simply use his power to kill an immortal like Shulgi on himself, ending his miserable excuse for a life?
*sigh* If only we had picked the fanatic options... Though I rather expect we'll end up ending the universe in spite of because of the codex' good intentions anyway.:M

Oh, but don't mind my doom-saying. Carry on.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Yeah I don't see how secular and public figure fit together. But this is a means to an end. We should be able to gain enough power to escape this little rock. Then maybe grab a CF and start forming a cult around mysterious space pirate who fucks equally all the major players?

Kipeci

Arcane
None of our choices really synced well at all. I'd thought that the vote was going to be for the most popular combination, not each individual part, so that surprised me.

Anabanana

Augur
A.

May be a trap, but B is just going to set us back in terms of the reputation and support we're already building up here.

Zwist

Learned
:dead:
Random musings: You bros do realize that there's pretty much no way Senya's story can end in anything but utter, balls-crushing tragedy now, right? I mean, we murdered our own love interest and destroyed our own planet. We have nothing to live for except maybe our sister - who isn't really our sister - and the desire for power. Only now we have very little power. We're the very public head of a cult that doesn't want to call itself a cult... (With charity. We're basically like the red cross only we spy on people and philosophize a bit.) Yeah, we can become a kingmaker. Woohoo. If we make someone else king, they'll probably turn on us anyway. We don't have anyone in power who truly cares what happens to us anymore. Quin is on our side, but if she ever finds out what our other self did to Kyrie, she'll try to kill us and turn everyone against us. Hmm. Going back up after we've slid this far down the slope is going to be quite difficult.

It seems everything Senya has done has brought the world closer to the end. treave, We discussed the possibility back during the fight with Shulgi a bit, but *could* Senya ever learn the power to erase someone so utterly that it'd be as if they never existed? Could he erase himself? Or could he simply use his power to kill an immortal like Shulgi on himself, ending his miserable excuse for a life?
*sigh* If only we had picked the fanatic options... Though I rather expect we'll end up ending the universe in spite of because of the codex' good intentions anyway.:M

Oh, but don't mind my doom-saying. Carry on.

It is even worse: It has been pretty much hinted that the entire civilisation we build is in a fake world. Then we chose to fight for that fake world, because we liked it, and promptly got robbed everything, that was of any worth to us, due to not wanting to even talk to the one offering us the truth. As we woke we had the choice to repent, or to try to find out more about that "fake" thing. But we choose to say "fuck that", trying to amass power and trying to punch the biggest guy we could find in the face.
We are living in a world we know is fake, not even wanting to break out, and are yet devoid of any sympathy for its inhabitants.
We are the proverbial kid playing Godzilla in the anthill. Especially now we choose the "beloved leader of the masses" way of doing things.

In that vein: A.
Not because we care, but because making people believe we care is rather essential in order to make them love us.
And because we are motherfucking Godzilla.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Decision Point

When I exit my private quarters, prepared for my intervention, kid number 3 is already waiting for me, panting and breathless. He opens his mouth but I interrupt him before he can speak.

“Kaito, right? I already know. I’m heading there right now.”

He nods wordlessly, a spark of admiration in his eyes. Before I head out, I leave instructions for the others to make sure the house is secure and to let me know immediately if any one suspicious drops by.

The people at the back of the crowd spot my arrival. Murmurs and whispers begin rippling across the throng of observers as they hurriedly part to let me through. I give them a few nods of recognition as they do so, but none of them return any words of encouragement. They are fearful. I won’t be finding any support here. Not yet.

I make my way through to the center, where I find what I am here for.

Rina is safely ensconced at the sidelines, watching in fear.

Kaito is still standing, bloody and bruised.

Five members of the Serpents, in their trademark snake-skin patterned jackets, are down on the ground.

There’s still twenty five more of them to go.

Time to make my entrance.

As I take one step forward, leaving the relative anonymity of the crowd, the atmosphere freezes. I let myself sink into it. The whispering of the crowd fades away. I can feel all of their eyes following my every move. I can hear the fear and helplessness in the way they fidget. I can see the arrogance and confidence in the gang members.

That is not all, however.

In the crowd, a small ember of hope.

In the Serpents, a tiny shard of uncertainty.

This can be used.

“Ah, the dickhead who keeps talking about books,” scowls one of the Serpents. He is built like a mountain; perhaps one of the largest men I’ve ever seen. “I was wondering if you had the balls to show up.”

If they’ve been expecting me… I cast a glance around the crowd.
There – someone that is out of place. A person that I do not know in the midst of the refugees, observing us. The clothes he wears marks him as one of the executives from the organized syndicates in the Commercial Quarter. It looks like my information network is not yet foolproof.

“All this, just to get me to appear? You could have just asked.” I reply. There’s a nervous giggle from the crowd.

“Fuck you. Now that you’re here, we’re going to pound both you and your little buddies into the ground. Make an example of you, show you why you don’t fuck with the Serpents.”

“How, exactly, did we ‘fuck’ with the Serpents?” I ask, looking up at the man as he looms over me, placing two meaty hands on my shoulders. Kaito tries to stumble to my side but he is restrained by some of the other gang members.

“You refused our kind offer, see? After that, you thought you could muscle in here and go around do-gooding like this is your private garden, you fucking twink?” His spittle hits my face and I calmly wipe it off.

“What are you going to do about it, then?”

“I just fucking told you. I thought you were brainy? I’m going to pound-“

I shatter his kneecap with a well-placed kick. I pick the weak point well. I can feel the bone cracking underneath my sole. As he collapses to the ground in pain, a confused look still on his face, I step over his groaning body and head towards the middle of the clearing.

“You could just have asked,” I repeat loudly, glancing over at the executive briefly. “Why go to such trouble?”

He seems nervous. The crowd is confused. I can smell the fear that has begun to take root in the Serpents. The executive still refuses to step out and confront me. I turn my attention to the gang members holding down Kaito.

“What did you think I was going to do when I came here?”

“Uh… we’d beat you up then hand you over to Mr. Black?” one of them ventures hesitantly.

“Mr. Black, eh?” I grin. “Are you going to beat me up now?”

They remain silent, some of them casting glances at the giant man currently whimpering on the ground while clutching his knee.

Their fear and uncertainty is greater now.

The crowd has lost some of its fear, and gained more hope in return.

How shall I use this?

A. Publicly call out ‘Mr. Black’ to bring me to his leader. I will need to handle the problem of the syndicates sooner or later anyway, and it would be best if we could come to a settlement earlier. Though the crowd might be slightly disheartened that I give myself over to them, I should be able to regain many times more their belief if I succeed in what I set out to do. If I pull this off, I should be able to settle the problem of the syndicates permanently, accruing more power to myself without attracting too much attention.

B. Rally the crowd against the Serpents and Mr. Black. The time is ripe for my words to take root in the hearts and minds of the people. I will be able to gain massive support amongst them if I speak now, in exchange for becoming enemies with the syndicates and also attracting a lot more attention from the Federation. This should galvanize the refugees to become more independent in their own defense, at the cost of turning me irreversibly into a potent political symbol and an actual threat to those in power.

C. Beat up the Serpents and send them on their way, ignoring Mr. Black’s existence. This is one of the two outcomes they probably predicted, the other being forcibly dragging me to their headquarters. The crowd will like me the more for it, though the syndicates will probably begin acting against me from now on. In the long term this could backfire on me if I do not keep protecting the refugees from their predations, but it will be the safest way to maintain the status quo while inching me closer to power.

Rex Feral

Prophet
A - for now, but only considering we have a solid plan with real chances of succeding. If we're gonna be herp derp, let's see how this goes out, then I'm gonna flip flop to C.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

B. Rally the crowd against the Serpents and Mr. Black. The time is ripe for my words to take root in the hearts and minds of the people. I will be able to gain massive support amongst them if I speak now, in exchange for becoming enemies with the syndicates and also attracting a lot more attention from the Federation. This should galvanize the refugees to become more independent in their own defense, at the cost of turning me irreversibly into a potent political symbol and an actual threat to those in power.
B - Obviously. We strengthen our base in every way. Yes it draws attention, but that was bound to happen sooner or later - shouldn't have voted to be the public figure if you wanted to keep to the shadows. A would just give the syndicate all our momentum and make it appear that we're somewhat caving in. It should only be voted for if you are sure want to work with the syndicate long-term - which sounds like a pretty bad idea imho. Syndicates aren't known for being great puppet rulers - usually they want you to be their puppet... C is just watered down bs. We'd still have the syndicate after us, only with marginal refugee support gained.

Screw it. Head of this cult of pussies vs head of a crime family? Haha.

Jester

Arbiter
B - not the smartest thing to do still if we gonna become NOD we need some charismatic speeches and a haircut, but if we will be able to get some foothold mby it will pay for itself. A would be great with shadow leader as it would not damage our standing with people and is supposed to be low profile.

So in the name of KAIN slaughter them. They are nothing more than steeping stone on our path.

aleam iacis damn, you are right NOD was partly religious one less funny thing to do. Still Kane loser? I wouldn't say that after all he controlled almost all of humanity.
As for cartels probably they can get some before war military grade equipment still not sure about new one, still either one will be costly. I think tapping into their information network and possibly off word connections (mby some smuggling etc) can be interesting and i am kinda interested about person who control this organization. Maybe we can hope for some loredumps about cartels.

Flop to A.

aleam iacis

Liturgist
Codex USB, 2014 BattleTech
A. I mean, I don't actually think A is better than B, but we should at least aim for the possibility of the greatest gain and A hints at that. A would keep us out of government interference, give us a better chance at getting mecha parts and possibly doing secretive and cutting edge augmentations of our own design on our top agents, and expand our information network, wealth, and resources. We will only lose out on public fame, and eventually we will max that out if we keep doing good works and want to put ourselves as governor/president/imperator.

Also, Kane was a loser in most of his games. And Ean spent a lot of time as a not-exactly religious immortal ruler. I see us using the cult more as the basis of a far reaching organization that may turn into a global/interstellar government, where our agents are supposed to be skilled and independent. And I think our organization's member's loyalty will be more reliable if we don't have to worry about them not seeing us as a god compared to the masters or just by spending extended time in our presence.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
B - If our objective is still to win the election, then we need to gain support fast. With our information network, we should hopefully be able to find out the identities of the syndicate and assassinate them all. Normally I would vote for A, but it moves too slowly. I'd prefer to make my enemies friends, and screw them over once I've attained a position of power over them, but expediency is the issue here.

Rex Feral

Prophet
Well, treave said himself that attracting too much attention can have it's downsides and I don't think we're prepared to make a lot of enemies by now. We should go on a slower pace. Build reputation, make connections, aquire strength, either political, military or economical, slowly and discreetly dispose of our nearby enemies and only then we should go against the Federation. Other than this B is a pretty good option, just, not yet, not this soon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom