Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] Epic

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
    All of the options look great to me, though I think I prefer AA and AC. If someone can think of a convincing argument for something particular, that would be swell.

^ Top  
  2. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Well there. My vote is for BB

Back when Senya was piloting the CF, my vote was for remote weaponry. Given the resurgence of this choice, I cannot simply let it go, though tampering with nanomachines sounds like it has hilarious options to go horribly wrong..

As to this "Kyrie", well sentimental or not, we'd better not be too overt. Turning her to Senya's side would be very nice, but she's just one, and her loyalty would be dependent on lies within lies. I'd rather we keep her at arms length for now.

^ Top  
  3. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    treave, could you explain the tech upgrades more, especially 2A?

BC - I want to turn Kyrie over to our side but without raising too much attention.

Flop to AA.

^ Top  
  4. Jester Arbiter

Jester
    God didnt get any info about posts in this thread. That sucked. :rpgcodex:
    Lucky it went like i would vote.

Treave shows that he can make very hard choices. And idea for name is great in my opinion basically combination of all demands in one short mythological reference.
    Ok little analyze.
    In first A + will allow us to greatly impact conditioning of Kyrie, will give us 10000 Emperor bro points, will give us a uber soldier quite loyal for now and longer if we will be able to somehow intercept orders from Feds, possibility of getting laid (for some that is most important point ; D), mby her awesome babysitter will tag along (always wondered what happened to him), possible use in politic (queen say hello to your little daughter, she really asked for it some time), Qin can become our fanatical servant with all perks (that is good... right? right?).
    - Conflicts with Yua and our handmaiden, Feds gonna ask some questions, i expect that she will recall who had made her into goo some time later, possibility of leak of info if we wont rise some flags, mby she isnt Kyrie (not sure if person who is being used by Feds is best source of info), other assassins who cant be persuaded by us, Emperor can react in some strange way, we dont have to much intel and i think there is something more to this (for example if nanobots used can be controlled/ are necessary to live or if her restoration in in stable condition).

same B + its still possible for us to brainwash her but it would take more time, Feds in charge of her gonna be quite confused whats going on in sector (good old disinformation especially if multiple organs are working here), peace and quiet, less possible that Feds gonna target her to.
    - If she turn on us she can alienate Emperor to us (and that is very bad taking our campaign into consideration), we must be wary of info based manipulation.

for 2
    A can be used for our all forces and probably it can be quite big edge for ordinal members, gravity attacks will help us vs abnormal or immortal opponents and probably heavy weaponry (we can take frame in our suit?), mby some miniaturized devices, mby will let us to get to center of galaxy if we wish. It probably need high technology infrastructure / technological backup, can be costly.
    B is huge tactical advantage increasing our standing forces, most likely based on skills of commanding person or program if not manual (with Senya and Yua that equal special forces level), based on resources rather than humans, can be used by other people/ai after some time witch can increase limit of units, never need to worry about their morale, high possibility of success. It need maintenance that mean technical resources, can be costly, is based on our ability to resupply.
    C is bit of wild horse short term gain is being in best shape by decreasing our regeneration and boost from suit probably can be significant, easily to conceal, still this is not to special in my opinion. The greatest strength of this is possibility of further upgrades and this high tech proven to be effective vs immortals and can be used non lethal in various areas mby even let us negate the tech difference to aliens (we can play Crysis in game :P mby even use nanobot suit or frames). Still can be seen with hatred after fall of Terra by our followers and aliens (some people could link the dots of Grey Death), high risk/high gain.

dmn real hard choice
    Vote BC

Cant get over idea of Crysis, restoration of Terra and possibility of helping Kyrie. Senya deserve some peace and later place in history of Terra. Delicious irony of having same face person destroying and restoring world is to temping for me (preferably photos on same page :obviously: ).

^ Top  
  5. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    This girl has major "will bite you in the ass later" vibes. This is probably our one chance to sway her to our side. treave rarely gives second chances and just how the hell is 1b suppose to flip her to our side? No. 1A is our only chance. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. It's extremely risky, but I feel the alternatives has MORE risk:
    AA

We need to brief our allies - at least Iannes on this. Kyrie has extreme levels of influence with our current allies. Iannes could easily fall prey to an attack or a lie from her. Imagine his daughter returning and claiming that Senya tried to kill her and she needs his help to kill Senya etc. Qin has much the same vulnerability. Actually, this is perfect. If the assassin was anyone else, we'd have to worry about Qin finding out - but because she's Kyrie Qin will love her even though she killed Frommen.

Bros, listen up: I haven't been more convinced of a choice in a long time. We tried playing the waiting game before and it killed the whole damn planet. This is our one chance to take action.
    Vote 1A.

As for 2A, the black hole generators will be of use now, and in the long term, when our battle becomes Space Empire vs Space Empire.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Basically 2A has you running a reactor off a miniature black hole. Applications include anti-gravity, firing dense gravitational beams, shields, overloading it to manifest the black hole in uncontrolled conditions, etc.

^ Top  
  7. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    It's that last bit that sounds a little scary. Both A and C seem to be high-risk, high reward. Especially A. However we ARE going to have to be fighting off immortals with the strength of Shulgi (and also probably super-Kyrie should 1b win).

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Loved the black hole generator in Masters of Orion. Too bad I've already cast my vote, eh? ;)

^ Top  
  9. ScubaV Prophet

ScubaV
    A - We need to accumulate more pawns, and this Kyrie seems particularly vulnerable to our manipulations. She would be a powerful piece indeed.
    A - If the eventual endgame is to battle Immortals and Masters we're going to need big guns. It's hard to imagine anything more powerful than a black hole. Perhaps Senya will sacrifice himself to save the universe by swallowing Terra's enemies. Very Ean-esque.

As others have said this is high risk, high reward, but I think we're at the point where it's time to go big or go home.

^ Top  
  10. m4davis Scholar

m4davis
  11. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
    Could you describe option C a bit more, treave? Currently option A is looking to be the best for the second choice, but it was pointed out earlier that the Federation is very frightened by nanotechnology.

^ Top  
  12. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    I like that option C opens more doors further down the track. It sounds like the "mage" option, where it's shit in the shortterm but amazing in the long-term. Don't forget we'll also have a combat suit on us. It's also the only weapon our enemy won't be developing actively, due to the stigma and paranoia related to the technology.

BC

^ Top  
  13. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    AA, lambchop has a point, and for now there doesn't seem any obvious red flag that she'd immediately try and kill us or something. Besides which, we ultimately want her to start remembering things, so proximity is important.

^ Top  
  14. Rex Feral Liturgist

Rex Feral
    AA.

^ Top  
  15. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    2C does just what is stated: overall increase in physical capability. It's not the Federation that's against nanotech, it's the Star League. You can read into that what you will.

^ Top  
  16. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
  17. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    So basically, if we choose C and our lab is ever found, we'll be an intergalactic criminal. edit: Then again, maybe they fear nanotech for some reason... I mean other than its proven ability to wipe out planets...

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    You already carry nanomachines inside you, so you're breaking Star League law by just existing. As an aside, it is known that the League's rival Empire also does not utilize nanotechnology. Well, neither of them are toying with black holes either, relying on conventional fusion engines as well as slipstream tech for FTL.

2B is the safer choice, all things considered.

^ Top  
  19. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    Yeah, but then how are we accidentally going to get Kyrie 2.0 sucked into a black hole, hmm? You're missing the point of this let's play, treave. The point is for Senya to repeatedly kill his love interest in the most horrific science fiction ways possible. Let's see... Nanomachines? Check. Black hole? Maybe. Death by tentacle? Need to find the gieloth for that one...:M

Seriously, so the federation and the star league will get the snot kicked out of them by our new black hole powered battle fleet. As long as no one gets trigger happy with the overload button our victory is assured.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  20. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
    An overall increase in physical capability, at the expense of some of our healing factor if I'm reading correctly. I'm definitely going to go with A here.

Surely nothing can go wrong in screwing with gravity and intentionally producing weaponized black holes!

^ Top  
  21. Anabanana Augur

Anabanana
    ...I'm convinced. Let's carpe the fuck out of the diem, folks!

AA

^ Top  
  22. Zwist Learned

Zwist
    Arh, fuck.
    The star liege would be stupid to not to implement safeguards in their cyborg, especially if they send it into territory where it might meet former acquaintances.
    There are so very fucking many ways A could backfire.
    However, *not* telling anyone about Kyrie could be very bad too. We do work together with her da and her biggest fan after all.

So A for that choice.

And C for the other. There is a reason nannites are banned. And we are going to run into it, sooner or later. Also, this gives us an edge over everybody else who does not want to tamper with them.
    Disastrous for our public image if it ever reaches the public however.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    Being a nanomachine is my transhumanist fantasy. The more we understand of this technology, the more control we should have. The grey death was destructive, however if we infected the populace with our own breed of nanomachines directly linked to our consciousness, we could start to rival the immortals. Disassemble who we want, control who we want. Deus Ex 2 was bad, but we could become the ending. A borg hivemind all enslaved to Senya's will. There's just so much we could do with the tech further down the track if we make it our specialty, I reckon.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Bloodshifter Educated

Bloodshifter
    BB

Holy flying smuck Codex likes making wild power grabs alright.I am gone for 2 weeks and we completely abandon stealth and attempt to overthrow the Star League in person instead of attempting to win it through shadows and mirrors. So who ws surprised by Cyborg Kyrie? When I saw that the Assassin was Female I instantly jumped to Kyrei or a Dunmais Leftover.

Bx2 because I don't want to have a Super Cyborg Assassin staying at our place. And Bits! Lovable little lasers of death.

^ Top  
  25. EmoBunny Savant

EmoBunny
    So guys, what's going on in this thread.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.