Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

a cut of domestic sheep prime

I think you D voters are looking at this the wrong way, do you really think our planned candidate can lose to Frommen? The combination of the Emperor and Senya, the People's Man?
Uh, yes?

1. Consider that politics are more than a popularity contest with the masses. There are games played behind the scenes that get many politicians elected every year in the real world - yes, presidents too. Frommen may be closer to the establishment than most refugees might like, but that kind of powerful backing makes him more dangerous, not less.

2. Even if it were all about popularity, Qin is quite probably the most popular celebrity in the galaxy right now. She has millions loyal fans everywhere. Most people don't vote based on who the best is, or who will ensure a better future, or any of the other bs we hear politicians vomit every election cycle. They vote on emotion; they vote based on who they *like* and it's a lot easier to like someone when someone else you already adore (Qin) endorses them. That's why celebrity endorsements work at all, for anything. Soap, pizza, people - you name it. That's why companies pay for celebrity endorsements.

3. We have some popularity, but the former Emperor running against his queen along with the guy who was accused of murder and mass murder? We're hardly the dream team here. (Then again neither was Hitler and the nazi party, yet somehow they came to power in similarly grimdark circumstances, so I'm not saying we don't have a good chance...)

All that to say, we need to take this guy seriously and not overestimate ourselves, whatever we do.

I *do* think your logic behind voting 1b is sound though. We need to be there take the credit if something good happens. (Though I'm not sure he's going to become our puppet any time soon...)

TOME

Cuckmaster General
I just don't see benefits of going 1A. If the assassination attempt fail, we get minor credit for the information. If it succeeds, we are one minor rival less. But if we go 1B and the attempt succeeds, we get at least the same amount of gratitude from Qin. But if we stop the assassination, we are a hero in Qin's eyes and Frommen will own his life to us. We can use that to our advantage and put some strings on him.

Edit. too late.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The Order of Pithos

As Emperor - no, Candidate Iannes begins the speech where he declares his candidacy for the governorship election, I check with Yua if anything is happening over at Frommen's side. Qin had been grateful for the information, and assured me that she would ask Frommen to be on his guard. I'm not sure how much that would help; if the Federation really wanted him dead, the security that someone with Frommen's level of clout could hire would be probably be useless. Nevertheless, by continuing with Iannes's speech, it would draw more than half of Ankida's attention towards us. The reduced crowd would make it easier for Frommen's guards to spot anyone suspicious during his talk.

Iannes continues to address the massive crowd that had gathered in the Commercial District. Most of them are native Ankidans - the ones who would vote for their preferred candidates on the day of the election, while there are refugees that I have called to act as security for the event hanging about the perimeter and mingling with the crowd. He is calling upon them to remember their proud history as residents of the capital of an Empire that had spanned millennia. Were they to be cowed by lords living in the heavens, not knowing anything of the suffering of those earth-bound?

No, roars the crowd in response.

The refugees are our guests. Should we treat our guests as slaves - is that Ankidan hospitality?

No, roars the crowd in response.

I had worked out the approach we would use with Iannes beforehand - this would be the best way to swiftly forge unity between the native Ankidans and the refugees. Under my control, the refugees would be obedient and avoid clashes with the locals. The main issue that separated the two was that of prosperity; even in these hard times, the Ankidans were still remarkably well-off compared to the refugees. I had convinced the refugees that they needn't ask for much; now Iannes just needs to convince the Ankidans they needn't give much. He is doing a pretty good job of it.

Of course, the syndicates and crime gangs will not be pleased. The crux of their business revolves around exploiting the refugees for cheap labour, while most of their income is made by primarily catering to the locals. I will shatter that business. It is a good thing that today they will give me plenty of help with that. They will not dare attack me while I am here, in the midst of a crowd of their best customers. They might, however, take advantage of my absence in the Refugee Quarter to attempt something there.

I'm counting on it.

"Master, bad news from Frommen's place! The assassin was caught attempting to snipe him from a block away. After that plan failed, the assassin managed to cut through the guards and headed for Frommen himself. She gutted him live!" I can hear that Iannes's speech has stopped - he senses something wrong from the crowd, who are fiddling with their phones. Presumably they too got the news.

"Show me," I whisper to Yua. She does so. I see a lithe girl in a full-body suit slaughtering her way through the panicking crowd to get at Frommen. She reaches him and plants two wickedly sharp knives into his round gut. He is torn into half in an instant, leaving no doubt as to the matter of his survival.

"Did they catch her?"

"No, Master. She's escaped."

"Can you track her?"

"It is difficult, but I think I can monitor her approximate location down to a radius of 500 metres for a while."

There's something about the girl that seems familiar to me, but I keep it to myself.

"Master, Miss Kawano is on the line. Should I patch her through?"

"Do it."

An ashen-faced Qin appears on my phone. I put on the grimmest face I can manage and greet her. I will say nothing about the assassin - even if I told her, her men have proved incapable of handling that girl.

"What do I do now?" she whispers. "I didn't think the Federation would be so daring."

"Me neither. But you don't have any proof that it is the Federation, do you?"

"No, but who else could send in such a well-trained assassin with a combat issue body-suit?"

"The Star League?" I offer.

"My contacts on that end have told me nothing of this. I'm sure I would have known if the League were planning anything!" she shouts in frustration.

"Perhaps your contacts aren't as trustworthy as you think, then." I say quietly with contrasting calm.

"You mean..."

"We have to be wary of everything and everyone now. You may think you are using the League, but they too might be using you for other ends." I have absolutely no proof or evidence for what I am saying, but I know how paranoid she can get. I continue speaking. "Look, if you need my help with anything, you only need to ask. I'm ready to move on a moment's notice."

She widens her eyes. "What are you planning?"

"Something you'll like. Just stay safe. I'll be in touch at the end of the day."

"Wait-"

I cut off the line and head towards Iannes, stepping out onto the stage, whispering to Yua as I do so. "How is the situation back at HQ?"

"It's on fire, as you predicted, Master."

"Good. Ready the footage." Thankfully, the mob are as unimaginative and reliable as ever. Burning down my house as a 'warning' to shock and scare me, as the opening move of a series of increasingly taunting and cruel acts designed to humiliate me before I am eventually killed, as a show of their total control over my fate? I would have advised them to strike fast and strike true, but they were too secure and arrogant in their power to think a brat like me could challenge them. All of my 'lieutenants' were here with me today, but that fire would soon spread uncontrollably throughout the refugee camps thanks to the recent spate of dry weather.

The Ankidans start whispering when they see me. Iannes's face is shocked and angry, having been told of what is going on. Excellent. You can't fake that emotion. The entire crowd can see his displeasure at what just happened. That will make what is about to come more believable.

Without a word, I display footage of both the burning house and Frommen's assassination onto the big screen. The crowd gasps loudly.

"As many of you already know, Mr. Frommen, one of our respected rivals in the race for the governorship, has just suffered a foul end at the hands of an assassin. What many of you do not know, however, is that my house... our house, is now burning thanks to the acts of the criminal syndicates who took offense at my rejection of their ideals!" I say.

"Do you think there is no connection? Do you think this was not planned? The syndicates, knowing that I would be here; that most of the people of this great city would be hear to listen to their former Emperor, attacked my home. That mysterious assassin, knowing much the same, assassinated the man who many of you thought would fight for your freedom from your corpulent masters in the heavens above! The syndicates are in league with the people who govern you. How else would they know when to strike, and where? Your rulers are corrupt. They curry up to the League, spouting values like liberty and democracy on one hand, and at the same time they consort with the lowest of the low, criminals who have no respect for those very same values. How many times have the white shuttles of the League come down to carry off our young men and women to their eternal war? How many times have you found your loved ones turned into monsters from the vice that the syndicates peddle?"

I walk over to the edge of the stage, glaring fiercely at the hushed crowd.

"Are you going to just lie there and take it? Are you going to let spacers enslave you? Are you going to let criminals corrupt you? You, who claim descent from the greatest of the empires ever to rule this planet?"

The crowd screams their defiance, as one. They have already been suitably riled up by Iannes before this, making my task easier.

"Then I will answer your call! Other men will promise you many things that they will do after you vote for them. In the name of your former Emperor, Iannes, I will do something they do not even dare to suggest. I promise that I will clean this corrupt city of the sin that strangles it before the election comes!" I have more than a month to work with - that should be plenty of time. There was always no going back after I made that speech in the refugee quarter anyway; I might as well make the best of it and utilize public emotion to destroy the syndicates. When I do, the votes are mine, and there is nothing Camna can do to change that.

"The ancient Greeks oft spoke of Pandora's pithos. In it, they say that all the evils of the world lay, dormant, sleeping. Pandora opened the pithos and allowed those evils to spread all over the earth. There was but one thing that remained inside that jar." I speak solemnly, making sure their attention is focused on me. "Hope."

"That is what I promise to you, people of Ankida. Hope. To that end, I declare today to be the day that the Order of Pithos is officially formed. We are the knights of Pandora's Jar - we will guard the hope that lies within against all that would seek to take it from us. If you would see as I see, stand with me. It does not matter where you are from; Ankida, Higashi, Skane. All of you have in your hearts a desire to see justice done, and that is all we need to be victorious. Today we take back our hope, we reject the destiny that our supposed betters have imposed upon us, and the first thing we will do is..."

I can have them do one of two things - this is important, as there will be few chances to muster tens of thousands of people, inflamed with high spirits, in the future. Kaito my other minions are here, and in the intervening month I have trained them to be responsible enough to act as my sub-commanders. Furthermore, they have gained plenty of respect from the refugee population. This should allow me to be somewhere else, should I choose to...

A. Call the rally to rescue the refugee quarters from the fire. This will build togetherness between the locals and the Ankidans, and help ensure that this organization I have forged will stay together beyond the rhetoric I have put forth today.

B. Call the rally in an attack on the criminal dens. This initial wave should take them by surprise and cripple much of their income, as well as show the civilians that they are nothing to be feared. I don't expect most of them to realize the fire will spread destructively anyway.

1. I need to go after the assassin. I should track her down while Yua still has an idea of her position. She is too dangerous to be left untouched - she might come after me next, when I least expect it, so I should go for her, when she least expects it.

2. I stay with the rally to make sure it goes off without a hitch. This is more important - I will not go off chasing after some super assassin while I still have things to accomplish here.

Anabanana

Augur
Heh, that turned out better than I hoped!

A. We cannot afford to be short-sighted here; we need to make sure this organization lasts.
1. Since we're not doing the more dangerous job of attacking the criminal dens, Iannes and Kaito and the rest should be sufficient for the firefighting. They'll get good leadership training as well.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
A1 or B2 seem optimal here.

That said, I want to wipe out the crime gangs so we can focus on external threats.

B2

Kayerts

Arcane
Smashing Axe is right about A1 or B2. I prefer B over A, but between problems I'm willing to leave unattended, I prefer the syndicates to Rei.

A1

Tigranes

Arcane
Wait, really? We're going to have tens of thousands of Ankidan civilians go on a mob rampage against a den of criminal gangs? I mean, sure, we'll 'win', but it's gonna cost lives, and it's going to unnerve everyone else to no end that we've effectively conducted the riotest riot in the history of this universe.

A1 though A2 could work, no?

Kayerts

Arcane
A2 could work, but the reasoning is that fighting fires is well within our lieutenants' capabilities, and Senya isn't needed for that. Whereas this familiar superhuman female assassin who can tear a man's torso in half with a single swipe is of interest. She's either Rei or Erika; we shouldn't turn down a chance to talk with either.

A1 for now. As much as I want blood, we might ought to try the behind the scenes approach.

edit: Plus, I like leaving the others in charge of the rescue efforts. If anything can give the former Emperor some good press, it's shots of him helping the poor refugees put out fires...
Order of Pithos is officially formed. We are the knights of Pandora's Jar
:incline:
Now, let's find that gieloth head to put in it, shall we?

Zwist

Learned
Well that went... According to plan actually. Nice.
The assassin could be our baby Gieloth. A meet and great might be a good idea.
If we do not stomp the mob now they are going to be dangerous, like a trapped animal. And by implying an alliance, we might force one.

However. We must think of our image, both in the eyes of the people as in the eye of the emperor. He knows us as goody two pants, so that is what we are going to be, as long as he watches.

A1
The danger in 1 is of course that the emperor has become a target for assassination...

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I'll have to make the choices a bit harder next time around.

A Familiar Face

The assassin moves fast. I would never be able to catch up to her, jumping from building to building. I’m not a superhuman. Instead, I lie in wait for her in an alleyway. By extrapolating her projected path, her destination is clear; one of the residential blocks in the Commercial Quarter. It looks like she isn’t leaving the city anytime soon.

“Master, she is slowing down.”

She must have thought that she had shaken off all pursuit. The rally I had sent off towards the Refugee Quarter must be attracting everyone’s attention right now. That would make things much easier for her.

“Estimated arrival in 10 seconds.”

I prepare myself. She is likely to be faster, stronger, and less concerned about killing me in the blink of an eye. On the other hand, I do have some questions for her. It’d be nice if this didn’t end up with me having to slice her into dozens of pieces.

“Target has arrived.” Two light taps tell me that the assassin has landed on the ledge.

The blue lines flare brightly above me as I activate my power. With a few quick traces, I cut away at the ledge I am under. The structure collapses, bringing the assassin down with it. I waste no time making my next move. Exerting myself, I push against the dumpster and topple it over my target. It crashes to the ground, scattering garbage all over the alley as it pins her down.

“Well, now that we have gotten ourselves introduced…” I begin.

There is a loud bang as the dumpster flies off the assassin. It smashes into the wall, cracking the masonry. Oh boy.

“Master, I seem to have miscalculated the strength capacity of-“

“Tell me that earlier!”

She comes at me low, her sudden movement catching even my enhanced perception by surprise. My vision blurs as a forceful impact hammers into my chest. I feel a few ribs splinter as I’m thrown into the walls.

“Master!”

I groan as I try to get to my feet. It is getting hard to breathe; I probably punctured a lung or two. A well-placed kick lands in my abdomen, winding me even further. Damn. I wheeze loudly. This is what I get for being overconfident. Thankfully, the cold eases my pain. I manage to roll away from the next attack – a stomp that would have crushed my skull. As I stagger back to my feet, the assassin suddenly pauses, her stance uncertain. Her mask had been torn apart by my initial attack, and for the first time I can get a good look at her face.

I feel the world drop away from beneath my feet. I recognize those features.

Kyrie.

“You… Do you know me?” she asks, in that familiar voice. There is a glint of recognition in her green eyes. She looks exactly the same as she did five years ago, but she can’t be here. She’s dead. I still remember what happened to her… or were those memories false? A visage of her, the one I have been seeing all this while, appears behind the Kyrie standing in front of me and sneers. I shake my head, causing the apparition to disappear. I have to focus on the here and now.

“Do you know me?” I say back at her.

“Hoshikawa Senya… right?” she says, tentatively. Something is wrong here. “I think I know you from somewhere. Were we classmates?”

“Yes, we were,” I say. “What are you doing here?”

“I should be the one asking that. You attacked me without provocation,” she sniffs haughtily.

“You were about to kill me. I was just going to pin you down so I could ask you some questions.”

“Who are you working for?” Her eyes narrow as her threatening posture returns.

“Your father. He wants to know why you’re doing this.” I lie.

With a flash, one of those wicked-looking knives appears in her hand and presses up against my throat. “Who are you, really?” she snarls. That anger… that is reminiscent of her. But why would she be here… before me… unchanged…

Possibilities run through my mind. Could she have survived? Could this be a cyborg of some sort, a rebuilt Kyrie? A clone, perhaps? As I think, I feel my wounds begin to knitting back together. That comes as a surprise.

“Master… I detect nanomachines at work inside your body,” says Yua fearfully. “They appear to react only to physical trauma.”

Nanomachines? Who-

Lord Shulgi has bestowed this particular blessing upon you, intones a voice in my mind, answering my question.

Before I can think of anything else, I feel the knife pressing ever more keenly against my neck.

“Answer me. Who are you? An enemy of the Federation?”

I look back at the Kyrie in front of me calmly.

“No. I am an ally. I was sent here for a separate mission that complements your own.”

Her eyebrow arches. “Really? What mission is that?”

“I don’t mind exchanging information.”
“I’m the one doing the interrogation here, Hoshikawa. Classmate or no, I will have your head if you do not answer me.”

“Your bloodthirst is at a whole new level nowadays,” I smile wanly. I put my fingers on the knife.

“Don’t move!”

With a quick flick of my fingers, the hardened metal alloy shears along the lines I have traced. Kyrie leaps back, a look of surprise on her face.

“There is no need to fight me,” I say as I put my hands up. “I will tell you what I know. In return, I hope you can answer a few questions of mine. We are both agents of the Federation, are we not?”

“So you say,” she mutters with a suspicious glare in her eyes. “Very well, I’ll play your little game. If I find out you’re lying…”

“You may have the first question.”

“Who are you? Who do you actually work for?” she asks in a challenging manner.

“Hoshikawa Senya. I work for a particular group representing the interests of the Federation.”

“What group is that?”

“It’s my turn to ask a question,” I smile. “What is the rationale behind the assassination of Michael Frommen?”

“My superiors felt that he was a threat to the stability of the Federation. Now answer my question. What group do you work for?”

I shrug. “I do not know who leads them, nor their name, but the orders I was given were to infiltrate this city as they thought this place would be a hotbed of instability. What are your subsequent plans?

“I am to stand by in the city for further orders. What do you plan to achieve by infiltrating this place?”

It looks like she definitely doesn’t recognize Hoshikawa Senya the refugee leader. She is probably sheltered and given only the relevant information she needs for her missions. That’s a pretty good way of raising a reliable agent which can carry out its duty without question, and reduce the leak of information should the agent be captured.

“I am currently participating in a counter-subversive operation that even the highest echelons of the government are unaware of. For security reasons, only my backers are aware of my true allegiance.”

“I see,” she nods her head. “I can see how that coincides with my own mission. Should the outspoken head of a particular group die, the followers are left bereft of leadership. At that point, your operation would swoop in and gain their allegiance, right?”

“I couldn’t have put it better myself,” I agree, before asking my next question. “Is your name Kyrie Francesca de Shinar?”

She shakes her head. “I don’t really remember. That name sounds familiar, but they don’t call me that. I don’t really have a name, just a codename. Twintails.”

I laugh. “They named you after your hairstyle?” Twintails reddens and glares at me. “It’s my turn to ask a question now, Hoshikawa. Why did you attack me?”

“I needed to find out if you were a threat to our plan, since the Federation likes to keep its secrets. I never planned on killing you. Can you tell me more about what you remember of your past?”

“What is this stupidity? You’re more interested in knowing about me than about the mission. Is there something wrong with your head?” frowns Twintails.

“Just answer the question.”

“I don’t remember a lot of my life. The first thing I can remember is being woken up and being taught how to fight. Apparently, I’m very heavily augmented. They say I’d be dead without these augments, so I’m more machine than human,” she says while giving me a sad smile. “In return for saving my life, they said that I had to work for them, so here I am. Recently I’ve been getting weird dreams, though. A boy that looks like you, but younger, appears in them. That is why I was surprised when I got a good look at you. Did we know each other before I got into some sort of accident?”

“Yes, we did. And that’s the last question for today.”

“Wha- hey, that’s not fair!”

“We can’t stay here forever tossing questions back and forth. Now, after hearing what you have said, I have something important to tell you.” My wounds have completely healed now – whatever nanomachines Shulgi put into me, they work fast. I glance at Twintails, who is looking at me with a keen expression on her face, thinking that I’m about to hit her with a revelation of importance. I’m still not convinced she is actually Kyrie, but for now it doesn’t matter. She is dangerous; her presence here can endanger my whole plan should the Federation designate me as her next target. I’m not sure that I can really hold her off if she is intent on killing me. Perhaps I should think of a way to turn her to my side, though I would have to continue to lie to her either way…

A. It might just be sentimental foolishness, but I attempt to persuade her to join me and the Order of Pithos while she awaits further orders. It will mean raising even more suspicion amongst the Federation, and might even cause them to send other assassins – ones I might not be able to talk down – after me. Even so, I would have the advantage of having at least one augmented superhuman on my side. Besides, I want to show her to Iannes.

B. I allow her to continue on standby. I try to convince her to let me know if she gets any orders, and I will of course feed her information in the spirit of mutual cooperation. This is the more subtle way to go about things, though if I am not in constant contact with her there is the danger that she will be turned against me again.

This little encounter has convinced me that I just don’t have the physical prowess to defend myself against the might of the Federation. I cannot hide behind allies forever; I will need to find a way to solve this problem. Luckily, Shulgi’s information has noted that there is an abandoned laboratory hidden in the outskirts of the city; I should be able to get what I need there to construct a personal powered suit, though it will not be ready before the end of the election. A full blown combat-frame would be too hard to hide; that is a project I can leave for later. There are also some exotic technologies that I am interested in developing further…

A. I work on creating a personnel-scale version of the prototype Black Hole Engine that was under development shortly before the Grey Death hit. This will allow me to implement gravity-based powers into the powered suit that I will be constructing, and later on scale it up to greater levels of power once I have completed the final version of the reactor to be used in larger machines like CFs and battleships.

B. I work on developing personnel-scale remote weaponry, a smaller version of the CF technology, controlled by the electronics of the powered suit. The flexibility of manually-controlled drones in a tactical situation remains unparalleled, and will allow me to take on multiple foes much more easily. It is a reliable direction to point my research in compared to my other options.

C. I work on reprogramming the nanomachines that Shulgi has given me. Might be a bad idea, given what happened the last time I tampered with nanites, but I'm confident it's safe... Right now they appear to be devoting all their work towards regeneration. I should be able to return my physical status to peak human limits by reducing regeneration ability. This will further improve my overall prowess in the powered suit, as well as unlock new possibilities for the nanomachines.

Votes counted separately.

Kipeci

Arcane
All of the options look great to me, though I think I prefer AA and AC. If someone can think of a convincing argument for something particular, that would be swell.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Well there. My vote is for BB

Back when Senya was piloting the CF, my vote was for remote weaponry. Given the resurgence of this choice, I cannot simply let it go, though tampering with nanomachines sounds like it has hilarious options to go horribly wrong..

As to this "Kyrie", well sentimental or not, we'd better not be too overt. Turning her to Senya's side would be very nice, but she's just one, and her loyalty would be dependent on lies within lies. I'd rather we keep her at arms length for now.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
treave, could you explain the tech upgrades more, especially 2A?

BC - I want to turn Kyrie over to our side but without raising too much attention.

Flop to AA.

Jester

Arbiter
God didnt get any info about posts in this thread. That sucked. :rpgcodex:
Lucky it went like i would vote.

Treave shows that he can make very hard choices. And idea for name is great in my opinion basically combination of all demands in one short mythological reference.
Ok little analyze.
In first A + will allow us to greatly impact conditioning of Kyrie, will give us 10000 Emperor bro points, will give us a uber soldier quite loyal for now and longer if we will be able to somehow intercept orders from Feds, possibility of getting laid (for some that is most important point ; D), mby her awesome babysitter will tag along (always wondered what happened to him), possible use in politic (queen say hello to your little daughter, she really asked for it some time), Qin can become our fanatical servant with all perks (that is good... right? right?).
- Conflicts with Yua and our handmaiden, Feds gonna ask some questions, i expect that she will recall who had made her into goo some time later, possibility of leak of info if we wont rise some flags, mby she isnt Kyrie (not sure if person who is being used by Feds is best source of info), other assassins who cant be persuaded by us, Emperor can react in some strange way, we dont have to much intel and i think there is something more to this (for example if nanobots used can be controlled/ are necessary to live or if her restoration in in stable condition).

same B + its still possible for us to brainwash her but it would take more time, Feds in charge of her gonna be quite confused whats going on in sector (good old disinformation especially if multiple organs are working here), peace and quiet, less possible that Feds gonna target her to.
- If she turn on us she can alienate Emperor to us (and that is very bad taking our campaign into consideration), we must be wary of info based manipulation.

for 2
A can be used for our all forces and probably it can be quite big edge for ordinal members, gravity attacks will help us vs abnormal or immortal opponents and probably heavy weaponry (we can take frame in our suit?), mby some miniaturized devices, mby will let us to get to center of galaxy if we wish. It probably need high technology infrastructure / technological backup, can be costly.
B is huge tactical advantage increasing our standing forces, most likely based on skills of commanding person or program if not manual (with Senya and Yua that equal special forces level), based on resources rather than humans, can be used by other people/ai after some time witch can increase limit of units, never need to worry about their morale, high possibility of success. It need maintenance that mean technical resources, can be costly, is based on our ability to resupply.
C is bit of wild horse short term gain is being in best shape by decreasing our regeneration and boost from suit probably can be significant, easily to conceal, still this is not to special in my opinion. The greatest strength of this is possibility of further upgrades and this high tech proven to be effective vs immortals and can be used non lethal in various areas mby even let us negate the tech difference to aliens (we can play Crysis in game :P mby even use nanobot suit or frames). Still can be seen with hatred after fall of Terra by our followers and aliens (some people could link the dots of Grey Death), high risk/high gain.

dmn real hard choice
Vote BC

Cant get over idea of Crysis, restoration of Terra and possibility of helping Kyrie. Senya deserve some peace and later place in history of Terra. Delicious irony of having same face person destroying and restoring world is to temping for me (preferably photos on same page :obviously: ).

This girl has major "will bite you in the ass later" vibes. This is probably our one chance to sway her to our side. treave rarely gives second chances and just how the hell is 1b suppose to flip her to our side? No. 1A is our only chance. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. It's extremely risky, but I feel the alternatives has MORE risk:
AA

We need to brief our allies - at least Iannes on this. Kyrie has extreme levels of influence with our current allies. Iannes could easily fall prey to an attack or a lie from her. Imagine his daughter returning and claiming that Senya tried to kill her and she needs his help to kill Senya etc. Qin has much the same vulnerability. Actually, this is perfect. If the assassin was anyone else, we'd have to worry about Qin finding out - but because she's Kyrie Qin will love her even though she killed Frommen.

Bros, listen up: I haven't been more convinced of a choice in a long time. We tried playing the waiting game before and it killed the whole damn planet. This is our one chance to take action.
Vote 1A.

As for 2A, the black hole generators will be of use now, and in the long term, when our battle becomes Space Empire vs Space Empire.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Basically 2A has you running a reactor off a miniature black hole. Applications include anti-gravity, firing dense gravitational beams, shields, overloading it to manifest the black hole in uncontrolled conditions, etc.

Basically 2A has you running a reactor off a miniature black hole. Applications include anti-gravity, firing dense gravitational beams, shields, overloading it to manifest the black hole in uncontrolled conditions, etc.
It's that last bit that sounds a little scary. Both A and C seem to be high-risk, high reward. Especially A. However we ARE going to have to be fighting off immortals with the strength of Shulgi (and also probably super-Kyrie should 1b win).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom