Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] Epic

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Rex Feral Liturgist

Rex Feral
    BAC

^ Top  
  2. Jester Arbiter

Jester
    hmm last resort is used if its gonna look/if we loose or this will be planed and executed despite all?

vote BCB for now

^ Top  
  3. Kayerts Arcane

Kayerts
    Regarding the first choice, why is no one voting A? Greatest hacker alive vs. the Freecell champs in municipal information security. I think we can handle this.

2B seems dangerous because Dick's dad won't thank us for forcing him to execute his son.

I like 3C on its own, but defeating a live opponent (which we can ensure with 1A) would give our victory greater legitimacy.

ACB

^ Top  
  4. Anabanana Augur

Anabanana
    I'll go with BBA for now, but veeeery tempted to go D.

EDIT: Switching to ADA.

^ Top  
  5. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Too many permutations, so I'm going to count each option separately.

Current tally is:

1. A - 1, B - 6
    2. A - 2, B - 3, C - 2
    3. A - 1, B - 4, C - 1, D - 1

This could be the last update where you can influence the election outcome, so I'd suggest asking if you're not certain how the choices play out. As for the third option, if you do C or D, what you pick for the first option won't matter, while the second option could have some effect.

^ Top  
  6. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    How is the election going on from the common people's POV? Do we still have a solid lead? I don't think the Governor can suffer a fatal accident without us losing the people's support if we aren't winning the election at the moment. If we had a solid lead, the Governor could have an accident and the people wouldn't point fingers at us, because why would we do it when we were winning anyway.

And in 2A, would the father find out/guess it was us? Or would he even care since the son acted dishonorably? I think this is the option that gives us the most benefit in the election but could come back to haunt us later if the leader of the Red Octopus finds out what we did to his son.

^ Top  
  7. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    As mentioned in the update, the voters are split equally into two camps right now and you have no margin to speak of. There are hardly any fence-sitters left, and those remaining are keeping their preferences to themselves. No one knows how they will vote.

In 2A, if anyone traces the act back to your orders, you are in trouble. It'll involve some ruthless witness silencing to ensure the chances of that happening are kept to a minimum.

^ Top  
  8. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    I'm flopping to 2A. This with 1B should ensure our victory over the Governor.

^ Top  
  9. Jester Arbiter

Jester
    What story Senya will link to 2A? Dick attacked refugees to force them to vote on Governor? Who will do killing?

i somehow cant imagine how this choice can end up good.

PS mby if we make it look like Governor trying to sabotage our reputation further... that would be worthwhile to stage.

^ Top  
  10. Rex Feral Liturgist

Rex Feral
    And knowing treave someone will find out, and it most probably be a cool dude and we'll have to unjustly silence him.
    Ok, flipping to 2.B...BBC

^ Top  
  11. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012

Dick and his men will be doing the killing (of course, you'll give them incentive to do so), one thing leads to another, and angry refugees will kill him in return. It doesn't need to be related to the election, the Governor has publicly tied Dick to him and so whatever he does will reflect on the Governor too. The point is to create sympathy for Senya's side and anger towards the Governor's. Besides, relations between the citizens and the refugees are actually still alright thanks to the Order of Pithos's efforts and the fire-fighting event.

^ Top  
  12. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    Bros, I'm sure the current winning combination BBB isn't enough to win the election. BxB only counters the Governor's cheating and 2B isn't going to win us many votes while the Governor is buying more and more votes. To win the election, we have to either cheat big (AxB) or set up a massacre (BAB). Or we could go full retarded and get rid of the competition (xxC/xxD).

^ Top  
  13. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Going to be rather busy, sorta going through a transition period with real life things right now, so won't have time to sit down and update probably until the end of the week or next week.

^ Top  
  14. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    That means, it's flippin-floppin' time!

OK. Who's first?

^ Top  
  15. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    I still haven't voted yet. Not going to until I'm done with my assignments. I may or may not be susceptible to bribes...

^ Top  
  16. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes

This is right. We're going to need 1A or 2A at least to make sure we win this, or just go Revolushun. It's a bit late to call for a revolution after you lose handily in the election, even if you know it was a farce, and it certainly won't impress Iannes, Mere or Qin. We have to go for it one way or another. 3B helps but it's hardly enough, it's going to be the least effective of the 'borderline' solutions because it's just not our strength and it's not what we've been doing.

AAA to try and help turn the tide, a combined BBA or BBB is going to fuck us over like last time when we were too wishy-washy.

^ Top  
  17. Kayerts Arcane

Kayerts
    Okay guys, let's think about the various more radical options to win the election.

Having the world's greatest hacker flip a single bit in the election tabulation code vs.
    Plotting a massacre that we frame a dude for and also kill all witnesses to vs.
    Assassinating the governor while his guards are on full alert, and making it look like an accident, with about 2 days to plan it

I would posit that one of these is easier than the others.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Anabanana Augur

Anabanana
    Ugh. Fine, flopping. Will edit my original post.

^ Top  
  19. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    treave, is there a less chance to get caught hacking if we blackmail the electro officials?

^ Top  
  20. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012

Good catch. Though the chances of getting caught remain about the same, they will be more inclined to turn a blind eye to the results of the hacking if you are blackmailing/cajoling/bribing them. A few smarter officials might piece together 1 and 1, figuring your plan out on their own, but that's less risky than telling them outright to ignore your hacking.

^ Top  
  21. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    A - If we're caught, we're caught. Just like with denouncing, the spinmasters will tar and feather us.

B - Duh. We kill him and his dad will hate us. Family loyalty, remember?
    A - Refugee massacres are good times for the whole family...

B - We picked the wrong options, bros. We can't start a revolution - we didn't train up our people for fighting, remember? And we can no longer resort to assassination as our rep is tarnished - the people would just see it as us stealing the election and then *we'd* have a revolution on our hands... The only option is to strengthen our cheating with B.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Rex Feral Liturgist

Rex Feral
    ABB

^ Top  
  23. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
  24. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    :bounce:
    Sadly, Lambchop is right and our men won't be able to win a revolution by themselves, they are nowhere near skilled enough.The only readon I have confidence in it is our powersuit and persona of Glorious Brother Leader. Gee, we could really use some Skiitarii right about now.
    :rpgcodex:

I'd go for CBD- have Dickie recant, thereby taking away some of Camna's gained ground; let the election play itself out and, should we lose all else fail, stirr the public in an uproat against Camna's corruption and let the Terran Crusade begin! Sure, it'll be bvery sloppy and, well, Soviet, but the glorious Imperial Army must start somewhere.

Edit: the only drawback is that this will make us an obvious enemy for the Star League, but isn't that what we were aiming for in the first place with our potential ally? As far as I'm concerned, this will take us two steps forward in one go. Sure, much more vigorous when compared to what Senya was up to in the last couple of months, but he can take it, I'm sure.

Edit 2: can't wait to meet Marduk (or is it a mad, cannibalizing Ares?). It's been far too long.

^ Top  
  25. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    Eh, you do realize that 3D is for just starting the revolution now and not waiting for the elections, right? Least that's how it seemed worded...

Anyway, on the idea of revolution in general:

Our persona right now is "the evil we don't know" to about half of the planet. Not sure how that half will feel should we attempt an outright takeover. Oh, and our powersuit giives you confidence, eh? Our unfinished powersuit? ( treave, it is still unfinished, right?) We haven't even been able to build out a single fully functional prototype and already we're talking about using it in a planetary civil war?

I really don't think we're prepared for a full on revolt. We didn't go with the high-tech mafia, we went with the loyal business men mafia.
    We didn't start training our own personal sardaukar troops, we instead opted to lay low and not freak out our allies.

If and when shit hits the fan in a revolt you can bet on a few things, imho:
    1. Camna will act against us with military force.
    2. Many of our supporters will be rounded up, and since we chose not to train them, they'll be virtually helpless.
    3. Our mafia friends will either desert us as our power structure breaks down or possibly provide some support and/or smuggle us out. Depends on how loyal they really are, but I doubt they'll be willing to rebel outright and start fighting the feds with our rag-tag group regardless.
    4. Our immortal friend will see our weakness and failure to fullfill our promise to her and strike at us without mercy - using Spikey and friends and possibly the Kyrie clone too.
    5. I will point at all of you and laugh for not putting that immortal's head in a jar when we had the chance...

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.