Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

Baltika9

Arcane
Yeah, no wonder Shilgi became a douchebag with an alcohol problem solution.
:lol:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

AB - Elections? Really? We've wasted enough time on this petty shit. We have to get our mech ready for Marduk. Oh, and Mr. Honorable won't want to be on our side if we kill Julia and Naim. After all, he just betrayed her for trying to do the same to us. Besides, Kyre's ghost is watching. ;)

Baltika9

Arcane
Well, good thing we're not killing them then, eh?

Honestly, I think it's like the Edem-Gutian dilemma: the honorable and moral choice is also the correct one. The only reason all this worked is because Senya acted honorably and for freedumz. I think that going for a Generalissimo/Admiralissimo position is pointless: there's nothing we'll be able to add to High Command that outweighs our benefit as a CF pilot with our own Senya-Rei (and hopefully, Ean) team. If we had a BHG fleet, then that would be a totally different story.

Plus, I want to take Senya to full good-guy morality.
Edit: elections will take one week to organize and consume almost none of our effort after that. In return, Terra gets stability, a legitimate governnent and a much more organized defense force. Worth it, I think.

Baltika9

Arcane
I just had a thought, although now may not be the right time for it: if Senya was succesfully implanted with a fragment of Selkhet and considering a Gieloth's ability to latch onto an organism...
Would it be posdible for Sek to mold with Ean in combat, amplifying the duo's combat abilities exponentially?

After all, after they spent a millenium in a mind-meld with one anothet, there should be no issues of unfamiliarity Senya had from Selkhet. That, and she probably learned the tricks Senya performed with Selkhet's tentacles.

Yes, no, maybe?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
No, sharing and controlling a physical body is different from a mental merge, where you don't have fingers and toes and tentacles to worry about. Besides, Sekhenun doesn't really add anything to Ean's combat abilities. It'd be rather pointless.

I did plan for her to offer Senya some augmentations though.

Baltika9

Arcane
352px-Tecnosacerdote_enmundo_forja.jpg

:incline:

Baltika9

Arcane
I honestly don't understand why 2B: either defeat them publically or kill 'em. Why leave loose ends?
All we need do is oet Julia get on a podium and let her paranoia and defamations loose. Meanwhile, we're leaking her dirty secrets into the press, Iannes works his magic and, most importantly, Julia doesn't get to be a nuisance down the road: aftet this election, her powerbase will completely abandon her and she doesn't get to get rescued/break out of this prison and start spitting treason and fraud at a most inopportune moment.

So, how 'bout it, BC?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
A - 2, B - 7
B - 2, C -7

Alright, let's get this shit done and over with.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Flopping to BC.

Also, we don't want Star League to obtain one of our BHC ship and reverse engineer it while we are fighting the Empire. They would outproduce us in a moment and we would lose. Once we are ready to turn our attention towards Star League, then we shall build mighty BHC armada and take their factories. At that point it doesn't matter if they obtain BHC tech because they can't outproduce us.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Tinkering

“Colonel Camna, we are leaving.”

“What about the President and Colonel Naim?”

“Well, I’m sure they’ll find their own way.” I smile. “They have the freedom to do as they like.”

“Very well. Sir.” Camna gives me a respectful nod as we step out of the cell, leaving a dumbfounded Julia behind.

The highlight of the conference had to be Julia running in and assaulting her Vice-President. Footage of her attempting to wring his neck was splashed across major news portals mere minutes later. After that, convincing them to hold elections was easy. Each of them was convinced that they had what it took to take over leadership of the Federation. The Vice-President was tainted by association with the previous administration. However, by agreeing to the election on such short notice, the other politicians found out after the fact that they did not have enough time to engage in the usual lobbying and vote-buying tactics. Too late for them, they realized that this was a referendum on their leadership – one I’ve been having Iannes and the Order of Pithos prepare for ever since we took control of Ankida.

The results were never in doubt. The votes for the old political elite were spread amongst themselves. Their candidates cannibalized each other, paving the way for Iannes to clinch a conclusive majority. Any commentators that speculated of a political dynasty in the making – after all, two consecutive presidents have now come from the former Shinar Empire – were quickly silenced by the vitriol Julia spewed publicly at her husband.

The rest was smooth sailing… well, almost.

Sekhenun finds me overseeing the construction of the new black hole engine – its power far outstrips that of the previous model, putting out enough energy to rival a G-class star like our sun.

“What’s the matter?” I ask. “It’s rare for you to come all the way down here in engineering.”

“I need to talk to you about the quantum computer. You’re planning on using it to control the reactor, right?”

“That’s right. I also have other uses for it – most of the weapon systems aboard the new mech will require the quantum computer.”

“You do know where it comes from, right?”

“Well, I stole it from the League, who got it from – ah.” That was stupid of me. Too stupid. How could I have missed it? I wonder if this was part of their plans, and if they had thought so far ahead. “What can the Masters do with it?”

“I’m not sure yet,” says Sekhenun. “I suspect they could at least switch it off at will, and I would not be surprised if they could pull off something more damaging. However, this is just speculation. I have no evidence to offer you beyond my wariness of their abilities.”

I scratch my head. This won’t be good; without the quantum computer the effectiveness of the frame would be diminished. “Do you have any other options?”

“That is why I came down here instead of just sending you a note,” she smiles. “If you’re willing to undergo an operation, I could give you these.” Sekhenun raises a hand and allows half a dozen wriggling tentacles to emerge from her hand. I hear a loud clang as one of the mechanics drops his spanner.

“I do wish you wouldn’t do that in public.” I mutter.

“I do what I want whenever I want. The tentacles will allow you to link with the robot far more effectively than having the helmet scan your mind. In essence, they would allow you to replace the quantum computer.”

“Isn’t there the risk of feedback?”

“For a normal mind, that would be a problem, yes. But yours should be able to adapt with no problems. I will be clear about the drawbacks. The operation would be exhausting and take away time from my work with the flowers. Both you and I would need to recuperate for a month. Furthermore, the nanomachines already planted within you would reject the tentacles. I would have to deactivate them.”

I ponder her words. Embarking on research to unlock the nanomachines’ potential right now would only give me a poor imitation of an immortal’s powers anyway. I doubt that would be too useful in the coming confrontation – it is best if I stick to abilities I am familiar with. Besides, if the quantum computer came from the Masters and could be manipulated, it is likely they could do the same to the nanomachines if they wanted to. However, the regeneration they provide is very useful, as it allows me to ignore minor wounds and take more risky, aggressive action.

A. I accept Sekhenun’s offer and get the operation. In return, I mothball the quantum computer and have the frame undergo a redesign to make it tentacle-compatible.

B. I reject Sekhenun’s offer. We aren’t facing the Masters yet; I’ll take the risk and continue using the quantum computer. I can always get rid of it after defeating the Empire.

The CF design is approaching the stage where it is ready for production. There have been several modifications and suggestions from the scientists; I take these into consideration and prepare the finalized plans. First off, we have enough resources to build either two prototypes, or throw them all into one larger CF. If they are split up, the computing for the Advanced Prototype Systems (APS) on both frames will be handled by the unit with the quantum computer. Each frame would only be able to support one APS; three if there is only one unit built.

A. I will stick with a single-seater frame, allowing me to have two of the prototype CFs. This will give me more tactical options. (one APS)

B. I will create a twin-seater frame, concentrating all of our technology into a single, powerful unit. (three APS)

C. Why not have the best of both worlds? I will build two separate units that can combine into one unit in battle, offering me power and flexibility. (two APS)

Next, I would have to select which of the advanced systems to put into production and integrate into the CF, besides the regular load-out of missiles, rifles, beam sabers and the like. There are a few choices here, but I would only be able to select three for consideration.

(If option A or C wins in the prior choice, the APS with the highest number of votes will get priority. Certain APS combinations will unlock new attacks. Also, don’t bother with making sense of these, I’ve gone full anime. :smug:)

I. Tactical Warp System. Allows me to use wormholes to warp around the battlefield at will.

II. Devourer Shield. Creates mini wormholes to swallow incoming attacks.

III. Ring Slaves. Remote drones that draw upon the black hole generator to power their weaponry. Also allows you to warp your own fire through the rings for tactical considerations.

IV. Variable Black Hole Cannon. An improvement on the original, the yield can be tuned from frame-busting to planet-busting levels. At lower yields, multiple black holes can be fired at once.

V. Gravitic Drill. The spinning of the drill will create a gravity vortex that will move even battleships. At close range it can punch through the thickest armour.

VI. Homing Lasers. The use of gravity lenses to bend light, allowing the lasers to follow their target if the first shots miss. Nigh unavoidable once locked on.

VII. Reactive Energy Armour. Uses the immense generator output to constantly create a layer of ablative energy. It can be supercharged and ejected outwards to burn the enemy, or contained and used for a ramming attack.

VIII. Gravity Wings. Wing-like projections that can be manipulated to immobilize an enemy or serve as an extra layer of defense. Also increases agility and maneuverability.

IX. Degeneration Field. Using the frame’s sensors and my ability, I can ‘kill’ the random motion and bonds between atoms within an area of effect of roughly visual radius. Anything caught within will slow down drastically and begin to crumble into their constituent atoms.

That aside, the Federation’s factories and shipyards are gearing up into full war production mode. By the time the Empire arrives we should have no less than ten thousand warships to defend ourselves with. That may not be enough; I could divert some of the workforce into other tasks at the cost of having less ships…

A. The Solar Ring has fallen into disuse. Perhaps it is time to reactivate it. With the preparation time we have, we can turn it into a massive laser array which would serve as Earth’s final line of defense.

B. We begin collecting thousands of asteroids of all sizes; planting rocket engines on them. These we will scatter around Sol. At the right time, we will activate the rockets and send the asteroids on a kamikaze attack into the enemy fleet at an appreciable fraction of c.

C. Why not do both? They’ll never see it coming. Doing both would drop our production severely; leaving us with only slightly more than two thousand warships instead of five thousand by the time the Empire arrives.

D. More ships! Ships are what we need, not superweapons. We will find some tactical ways to use our ten thousand ships, I’m sure.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
B - Ean back first.
B - We want Rei there if we happen to run out of energy
I - No brainer. Warping around battlefield is what we need when the enemy have 100k ships.
IV - Extra firepower against immortals and the emperor
VII - Not sure about this one. But it is armor and you can never have too much armor.
VIII
A - Superweapon! Say no more.

Didn't consider the APS combinations but I might flop if someone can come up with a good anime combination.

Baltika9

Arcane
Hey, treave, how about we use technology to directly link our nervous system/brain to our CF, knd of like what they do in the Matrix to plug into the system. I see no reason we can't design a system like that.
Also, how close is Sekhenun to completing her project?
“I do wish you wouldn’t do that in public.” I mutter.

“I do what I want whenever I want.
tumblr_l57g7jizMK1qza8o6o1_500.jpg

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The current helmet system already does that without any intrusive procedures, but if you want to replace the quantum computer with yourself the tentacles are far a more efficient and familiar link. Sekh already has the biotech to get the job done. Otherwise you'll have to spend years months designing proper cables and stuff. This shit doesn't come out of thin air - even the black hole engine was built upon prior work from others - so turning your brain into the mech's computer isn't going to happen overnight. You don't have the time. Period.

As for the flowers, she might be able to get it done just in time. The drawbacks I've already stated in the update, I won't repeat it again.

A - Marduk ate a Master. He may have the ability to turn off something like the computer. Plus, the Masters themselves might shut it down or use it to take over the mech just to be dicks - and if anyone has a history of doing things just to be a dick, it's Dio...

The Gieloth are the only ones to ever have successfully stood against the Masters for any amount of time (since the previous universe perhaps). I suspect this is because of their reliance on their own unique abilities, rather than the ones the Masters provided.
:mhd:

B - With Rei as the co-pilot. Destruction + creation. We should be practically unstoppable. PLus, this grants us three APS choices instead of 1 or 2.

I - Wormhole flashstep :P EDIT: BTW, bros - remember the Masters have access to us when we're in the wormhole. If we're going to pick this, we might also want to get rid of the Master tech.

IV - Blasting away their fleet of 100,000 ships en-mass with our black hole gun is probably the only way this will work anyway.

VII - We'll need a shield like this to protect us from Varja, not to mention the fleet of 100,000 ships...and the constant daring maneuvers which we will no doubt be pulling...

VIII - We'll, just have to be faster than everyone else. WAY faster.

A - The black hole gun will do FAR more damage than asteroids. Besides, wouldn't it be rather terrible of some of the commanders or even teh Emprah himself sent half of them flying BACK at earth with telekinesis? O_O

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
B - Ean back first.
B - We want Rei there if we happen to run out of energy
I - No brainer. Warping around battlefield is what we need when the enemy have 100k ships.
IV - Extra firepower against immortals and the emperor
VII - Not sure about this one. But it is armor and you can never have too much armor.
A - Superweapon! Say no more.

Didn't consider the APS combinations but I might flop if someone can come up with a good anime combination.

This.

While I want Ean back too, I'm just not seeing what he'd be able to do against 100,000 ships filled with lower level immortals and superhumans... I think our focus should be on winning this battle.

treave, will Ean have any of the tree's power when he gets back or just the standard immortal powers the Masters gave him? If the latter, what level will they be at?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Sekh is trying to get him back with a reasonable power level. Expect him to be able to take any Deity or Council member in single combat. He still has Anbar-Shi, of course. He has tree powers, but I don't think they'll be very effective against spaceships. He'll be extremely useful as a ground combatant and commanding squads, not so much for the space war, unless you use Sekh's plan of firing him at the Imperial flagship out of a missile launcher. But that much should have been obvious.

I suppose he could depopulate each ship personally, one at a time, if you got him close enough...

And I'm sure they'd just wait around while we spent a month ramming their 100,000 ships one at a time. :D

If this becomes a ground war, we're screwed anyway. Definitely voting A for the first choice then.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
If you plan on a decapitation strike to infiltrate the massive flagship and take out the Emperor, he'd be very useful. He's the only strong immortal remaining on your side after all.

It boils down to the strategy you want to take and whether you are confident the quantum computer will hold.

Baltika9

Arcane
As I see it, the target here is Marduk, not the fleet proper. His death should be enough of a demoralizing factor, plus I want to take his thunderstick. Ergo, this
unless you use Sekh's plan of firing him at the Imperial flagship out of a missile launcher.
plus this
IV. Variable Black Hole Cannon. An improvement on the original, the yield can be tuned from frame-busting to planet-busting levels. At lower yields, multiple black holes can be fired at once.

V. Gravitic Drill. The spinning of the drill will create a gravity vortex that will move even battleships. At close range it can punch through the thickest armour.

VII. Reactive Energy Armour. Uses the immense generator output to constantly create a layer of ablative energy. It can be supercharged and ejected outwards to burn the enemy, or contained and used for a ramming attack
=rammingalldayeveryday. You know you want to.

As I see it, the target here is Marduk, not the fleet proper. His death should be enough of a demoralizing factor, plus I want to take his thunderstick.
Why take Varja? It's Master tech. They can shut it off. Heck, they took it out of Ean's hands in the blink of an eye. Black holes are better, bro.

Baltika9

Arcane
And they now have the last piece. And since the can apparently snatch anything inside black holes, yeah, they'll get the thing back and then we're fucked, since that lets them access our reality.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom