Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] Epic

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Jun 23, 2012.

1. ScubaV Prophet

ScubaV
    I'll vote B. I'm too curious about what he has to say. I believe Senya can handle himself; I'm sure he'll recover his strength before the Emperor does, and can plan an escape if need be. And if worse comes to worst, Rei will have gotten the CF away safely and Ean may soon be available to mount a rescue.

The Emperor certainly seems emotional, while I don't think our dear Prince Bel-A is. We know that the Star League is striking the Empire's core, perhaps that could be used to convince Bel-A to at least leave if he won't join us.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Exactly what I was going to say. The Prince of Bel-Air is the brains of this operation. Even if he declines all our offers, killing him will cripple the Empire tactically. And if we do get captured, well, that will just encourage Sek and Rei to get Ean back so that he can rescue our ass. There are worse way to be rescued.
    Yep, sign me up for B, this should be hilarious.

^ Top  
  3. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    C's the right choice, but B's the entertaining one. I'm torn on what to vote for.

A hesitant B for now

^ Top  
  4. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    I suppose it would give us an opportunity to use our
    :mhd:
    B for now. But I stand by the points I made for C and may flop back to it.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    Finally caught up.

I assume from Adrahasis' tone that Emperor will come back very quickly, so if we want to talk, we gotta talk now. I think he's on the level about this - and I think that negotiating with him without having any way back home is a terrifying prospect if it means that Marduk will return in very short order again (i.e. a matter of hours, though this is just speculation). Being stranded here on the other side of the galaxy as Marduk reforms sounds pretty dicey to me.

Maybe this is a simple ploy to take our kickass toy away from us, and although I'm sure they'd want the sort of weapon that could wipe out nearly 50,000 warships, Adrahasis strikes me as far more clever when it comes to deception. And, as Lambchop mentioned, Marduk has a history of trusting the wrong people.

Still, I gotta go with A on this one, although C is a safe and understandable choice given our success (don't push your luck).

A

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    And an even more terrifying prospect would be facing fifty-five thousand ships that actually adapted countermeasures to our single CF and are directed by the Prince of Bel-Air. With a giant space dwaggon backing them up.

The Tactician has to be removed, one way or the other and A doesn't really put us in a position to do that. Hell, he may really be considering defection, Adrahanis doesn't strike me as a retard. A bit idealistic maybe, but not retarded.

If he doesn't provide passage, we'll commandeer something on the spot (better yet, get one of those War Maidens to help; about time we used our tentacles for their intended purpose); or play hostage and wait for Rei and Ean (seriously, if Dio was Shulgi with balls, then Senya is Ean with brains). I'm sure they'll have questions.

Good to finally have you back, man.

^ Top  
  7. Anabanana Augur

Anabanana
    What if Marduk reforms and then just swallows us in his rage, Adrahasis and all? We'd have no way of escaping in that case; even if we take control of Adrahasis's ship, I don't think anything short of our CF will be able to dodge that monster of a spacedragon.

^ Top  
  8. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    To address the speculations: I suppose either Adrahasis is lying, or he knows something you don't. Or perhaps even both! It all boils down to the type of risk you want to take. Risk the CF, risk yourself, or risk not knowing what he was going to say. Which could turn out to be important to him but not to you. It's all about risk assessment. :lol:

^ Top  
  9. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    I don't think Adrahanis would say that he can calm the Emperor without actually being able to do it. Us being on the same ship as him should be enough incentive to actually do it, irregardless of his original intentions.
    Unless they blast our shuttle out of the sky. Then we're really fucked.

^ Top  
  10. Stygian Lurker Scholar

Stygian Lurker
  11. Kayerts Arcane

Kayerts
    Maybe I'm overestimating Adrahasis, and maybe Bitchin' Tactic #2 is "Ask your enemies to stop fighting back! Nicely!" But I suspect that he's a good enough commander that if all he wanted was to take us out, he could probably find a way to make 55,000:1 odds work without risking a personal confrontation with The Destroyer.

As far as motive, I would guess it has something to do with why Marduk is so obsessed with Earth in the first place. Any guesses there? It seems unlikely that he wanted to get his bone on with Selkhet that badly. (Also, Selkhet doesn't even exist anymore, as such.) If the Star League realized the crusade left his empire wide open to an attack on the imperial core worlds, he probably did, too. (Or at the very least, Adrahasis did.) And he decided it was worth the risk. My guess would be that there's something on Earth, possibly something he stowed there before his sudden departure, that he requires in order to fulfill some Marduk Victory Condition.

Voting A for now.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  12. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Bah, start up another 40K LP we can royally mess up, will ya? :roll:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    :M

^ Top  
  14. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    From Adrahasis' perspective, unless he has some sort of diehard loyalty to the Emperor for some philosophical-metaphysical reason, he would much prefer to play us off against one another, or even for Senya to emerge victorious. Marduk isn't an exactly likeable fellow. The question is just how much damage we've done to the Emperor, and therefore, how much we've actually shifted the balance of power to make Adrahasis rethink things...

On the whole though, I'm sticking with A: I'm convinced that what Marduk wants is his own personal victory condition that involves some metaphysical rupture in the universal state of affairs, and thus Adrahasis is probably not quite so keen. If he does fully turncoat, he might be more useful remaining as their tactician, anyway.

^ Top  
  15. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    If it is that important to him, he will reach out to us again. C.

^ Top  
  16. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Tally so far:
    A-3
    B-5
    C-3
    Before or after he won't have enough forces to fight the Star League?

My problem with A is that we're endangering the CF: if it is destroyed, we lose; if Senya gets captured, we still have a chance and may even pull off some magnificent bastardry while on the ship.

Or eaten, but there's always a risk.

^ Top  
  17. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax

How? I assume that he wants to speak to us while Marduk is toast, because when the Emperor returns again, Adrahasis won't be able to plot and maneuver again.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Anabanana Augur

Anabanana

He did say that this negotiation will be time-sensitive though. EDIT: Yeah what Esquilax said.

I... am still going with A over B for now just because I don't want to be stuck with no way to leave. I'm not so sure that they'll capture us alive... I have a feeling that Marduk will be so pissed he'll just kill everyone, when he revives.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  19. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    Why wouldn't he be able to plot and maneuver? He is supposed to be the brains behind the Empire. I'm sure he could sent a ship to us carrying a message or something.

^ Top  
  20. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    There's this
    And I don't think he'll be annihilating his whole fleet. Got it, he's a megalomaniac, but doing that is just :retarded:, you don't become an Emperor of whole star systems by being one.

And, yeah, if this is a trap, they'll definitely want Senya alive for intel. A man (boy?) like Adrahanis won't pass on a chance like that, IF this is a trap.

^ Top  
  21. Kayerts Arcane

Kayerts
    Cool things about Earth:

It used to be the forefront of "the war," according to Sek. This is presumably why Vajra's pieces were on it to begin with.
    It was elevated to the status of a "test world" by the Masters sometime during Ean's riftwalking adventures.
    It popped up in a different part of the galaxy after Ean killed Naram-Master.
    The Gieloth formed a tree on it, prior to some asshole coming along and eating it.

Marduk began his metamorphosis into the Devourer when he found some artifact (probably in Mesopotamia) that allowed him to eat other beings. Maybe he knows of some other artifact he left behind? Or maybe his real goal was to consume the essence of Anbar-Shi. :)

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  22. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    Yes, until the Gieloth managed to get hold of it and disassemble it.

Sorta. I think it became a test world the moment the rift in Olympus was created. So, Chapter 6 and the time the Shin'ari Empire was first created.

Vajra is tough to keep track of. When Zeus was trying to teleport back to Master HQ with only two pieces of Vajra and the barely living Marduk devoured him. Ean's piece of Vajra was taken from him by a Master during riftwalking. I'm assuming that somewhere in the intervening time, Marduk managed to steal the final piece from them.

He found that artifact in the Indus Valley, which is why he turned his ambitions eastward after Ean stopped his army at Tjaru. But it's very possible that he left something in Earth that he needs, which is why it's crucial we take the chance to talk to Adrahasis. What I'm really looking for though, is a permanent way to snuff Marduk - the motherfucker has more lives than Rasputin.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Kayerts Arcane

Kayerts
    Nah, Marduk only has two pieces. The League has the other piece (presumably, the one they lifted from Ean):

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Jester Arbiter

Jester
    as Kayerts said two... still what is exact location of last piece? I dont recall anyone telling us that and its keep bugging me.

as for vote i will go with A balance of risk and gain.

I assume drake need to eat smt. His self repair protocols started to lag and that is why tactician think he got time. Lucky that we throw him into Marduk equivalent of salad bar.
    B would be interesting and i have feeling that it somehow become insanely awesome, but i am afraid of going full retard.

^ Top  
  25. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    Voting A.

Preserving the CF is all fine and dandy, but the thing's useless without Senya to operate the weapon systems. I can see it falling into enemy hands much easily if we're not on board.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.