Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] Epic

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Jun 23, 2012.

1. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    I agree. We should thin out the fleet while we have the chance, but we shouldn't engage with the emperor too aggressively.

A.

And I'm starting to have regrets we didn't accept Zeus' offer to go rift jumping back then.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    A - Yeah... Good thing we didn't go with the devourer shield. Marduk would have eaten it for breakfast...

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    It's not like you can't beat him with a black hole, it's just that the Vajra shield blocked the black hole long enough for the Emperor to respond.

Also, I don't consider the LP complete until we've had a giant robot and a giant space dragon smashing each other through moons and planets.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  4. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    B - Senya is likely capable of developing a theory of how Marduk was able to eat the orb, its better to retreat and recalculate our plan of attack, given this new development. The ace up our sleeve is no-longer reliable. We chose the option that gave us the most time, we should use it. I think A will just lead to a damaged frame and possible capture.

Edit: May reconsider given the above.

^ Top  
  5. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Oh yeah, the flagship is also pretty much destroyed, so technically your mission is already successful. :lol:

^ Top  
  6. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    Did Rei get Sek's implant as well, treave?

^ Top  
  7. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Yes, she has her tentacles back too. Sekh figured she might as well do the both of you.

^ Top  
  8. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Right, Dwaggon Emperor. I should've seen this coming.
    A
    Eighty thousand ships, eh? As much as I'd love to retreat, I feel like we must fight them here and now. Since we don't have shit between them and the planet, having eighty-thousand ships and a fucking space dragon flying above Terra will pretty much equal defeat. That, and I want to know what other things Marduk is capable of, besides eating black holes (how is that even possible?) and shooting lightning bolts out of his maw. I remember that Vajra also lets it's user teleport, now there's a scary thought.

Fortunately, we have a good mobility loadout.
    Fuck that guy.

^ Top  
  9. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Given that it's shown to be capable of consuming a Master, and is referred to in the remnants of the racial memory of the Gieloth precursors that Sekhenun suspects to be survivors of the previous pocket universe, I don't get the surprise over it being able to eat a black hole. After all, black holes have been known to eat each other, and the laws of physics have already been broken more times than I can care to count over the course of the LP. Why wouldn't it be possible for something called the Great Devourer to do so?

Though it does make for a nice :troll: moment, so that's all that matters.

If you retreat you will have the option to strike again once they approach Jupiter, whose orbit intersects the closest route they have towards Earth, though the Tactician may have split off some forces by then.

Well, this is a good a time as any to detail Anhur-Shu's full equipment.

Let's see...

Homing micro-missiles (10 kt) x 256
    Gravity mines x 24
    Anti-fleet high-energy nuclear missiles (100 Mt) x 8
    Particle beam rifle x 2
    Beam sabers x 4
    Shoulder-mounted graviton cannons (variable yield) x 2
    Anti-missile lasers x 6
    Quad-linked head vulcans

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    Let's rock out. A.

^ Top  
  11. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    Also, I am compelled to add that the last update was just beautiful. I would have liked more grand ship to ship engagements, but the planet and moon collisions were magnificent on their own :salute:

^ Top  
  12. aleam iacis Scholar

aleam iacis
    Codex USB, 2014 BattleTech
    B. Having the active form of the Great Devourer Dragon out and our successful may lower enemy morale, and make Adrahasis think about the possibility of changing sides(like so many other telepathically strong Gieloth).

Question: So we took the quantum computer and are going to lose now after we beat the Great Devourer?

And I would like to vote for Snake, A- Bureaucrat Descended Strategist

^ Top  
  13. Jester Arbiter

Jester
    A we got so much weapons and we are not going to try them? In my opinion its better to use this opportunity to fullest since expect some countermeasure from empire to our mech. We can retreat, still it would look like we were scared by him after he took our best shot head on. I dont see how would that drop any morale, but if we will damage fleet more while avoiding wrath of their god that would be nice. Course if he will catch us we are screwed.

To that new lp i think that luck ,int strategist or taking background boosting strength would be nice. Con artist with high luck would be interesting or not so stupid farmer who prefer direct solutions.

^ Top  
  14. Kayerts Arcane

Kayerts
    Okay, that was funny.

Treave, how long does it take our black hole gun to reload?

Edit: Also, hm. He can eat a single planet-busting black hole while it's still expanding, but it takes him a while. I wonder what would happen if we attacked him with multiple, simultaneous, and defensive black holes?

^ Top  
  15. Anabanana Augur

Anabanana
    I think our next move should be firing multiple CF-busting black holes into the fleet. Even if it takes him faster to eat those, he can't munch on ALL of them at once, surely.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Or, better yet, use our maneuverability and have Marduk zap his own forces to oblivion.
    :troll:
    Hopefully Senya still is focused enough to focus on Belly-A.
    :lol:
    That was just shock and awe, as in "welp, we're fucked." Seeing him devour a planet-busting black hole without so much as a belch afterwards was shocking, to say the least.

On the other hand, I'm glad we forced him to show his cards so early in the engagement.

^ Top  
  17. Kayerts Arcane

Kayerts

I was thinking of firing multiple black holes at Marduk. If you have multiple black holes incoming, your ability to eat them isn't evaluated based on average performance; if we fire ten and he blocks nine, he still dies.

^ Top  
  18. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Without belching? What do you think the energy beam was? :roll:

And seriously, complaining about the impossibility of eating a black hole in an LP, that started off with odd voices granting superpowers seems a bit silly in my opinion.

^ Top  
  19. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    I wasn't actually that surprised by this. After all, it's been revealed that he eats planets. Why not other giant, gravity generating objects? I didn't think it was likely though and I certainly didn't think he'd be a space dragon - though in retrospect I probably should have seen that one coming too...

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    You can fire off more black holes with no problems. Standing still to charge a full shot, on the other hand, might be problematic.

^ Top  
  21. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Say, had we boarded Marduk's ship in slipspace, could we "tactically deny" him Vajra?

^ Top  
  22. ScubaV Prophet

ScubaV
    Hmm, I'm not sure what to vote. There's good arguments either way.

A: We blew our big load, but we can still shoot off smaller black holes and we have our full armament of regular weaponry. We're highly mobile so we could probably avoid Marduk and pick off more of the fleet while they're still on the defensive. Plus, retreating will allow the Tactician to adapt to us, while staying will let us learn more about Marduk and his abilities.

B: We did what we came for, so let's not press our luck. Ten percent of the fleet is destroyed/severely damaged including the flagship. That's damn good for a solo CF, but there's still ~90,000 out there. The fleet is already organizing with a rampaging Marduk and we have no backup. We can take advantage of the time we bought to analyze and plan, Senya's forte. Maybe even the few weeks will be enough to get Ean back.

^ Top  
  23. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    Am I crazy for thinking Balika's plan of zipping around and letting Marduk tear up his own fleet is actually a really good idea?

Adrahasis will doubtlessly spread his forces out if we give him the time - he'd be a fool not to - but Marduk won't listen to anyone when he's in DEVOUR SOUL mode. The guy has zero care for the lives of his underlings as we saw at the battle of Olympus when he used his forces as a decoy. I think the tactician will have his hands full just trying to get everyone out of Marduk's way so long as we strike now while he's pissed.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    A, with Baltika's plan if feasible. We don't have backup, we have a few thousand ships and some gimmicks versus a gigantic army and a gigantic dragon dude. The CF is 80% of our offensive arsenal and we need to press the 'advantage'.

^ Top  
  25. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Senya's presence has no impact on Ean's revival, actually.
    We just have to hope Sek is recovered enough to continue her work. If Ean does get revived, it definitely will be in the nick of time. His specialty, as it were.
    :smug:

What is sanity?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.