Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] Epic

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    This is a solid plan and I've flopped to it... except for the first part. Akil, as much as he has come off as an intelligent and brave young man with a good heart, simply doesn't have any kind of claim because he is a nobody. Besides, I don't even know if the guy wants to be pharaoh in the first place.

With Wanketh on the throne, your plan is pretty much perfect. We strike quickly and take Memphis without warning, which shouldn't be too hard given our skill in battle. Then, once the dust settles, the hated Wankare is replaced by the much-loved Wanketh, maintaining the royal line of succession and promoting stability in the region. Astarth, furious at the new upstart who just took the city, will probably want to attack Memphis, but will be unable to do so given that such a move would be political suicide.

If he attacks a well-loved new pharaoh whose army swept through an enemy four times their size like a divine wind, his people will hate him for it. Putting Wanketh on the throne before he's had a chance to prepare for his invasion will really back him into a corner and leave him with only two options: (1) attack and be perceived as a power-hungry usurper or (2) be quiet and shut the fuck up. However, if Akil is on the throne, he'll be completely justified in prolonging this war even further in order to take down this upstart pretender to the throne. It'll be a fucking mess.

^ Top  
  2. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    I was planning for this choice to be counted as a block but it appears that 4 parts offer too many permutations to have a satisfying majority. On the other hand counting it separately might end up disastrous. Let's move step by step; if you gentlemen would kindly edit your votes to just the first two choices for now, or allow me to count just the first two, we can continue with the other choices later once we have gotten that settled. I apologize for the interruption.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. ScubaV Prophet

ScubaV
    AB (with the intention of voting AD for the second two, pending the outcome of the first vote).

Akil is a bro, but he doesn't seem like a natural leader to me in addition to issues of legitimacy. Also, I don't think we'll need the other cities' armies. We can probably almost solo a 2000 man army wielding 2000BC equipment. The Gieloth will complicate things, but with 500 militiamen that will even the odds.

Also, I think Ean has a good opportunity to relieve his 300 year forced celibacy (offscreen of course). :smug:

^ Top  
  4. Bloodshifter Educated

Bloodshifter
    No problem Treave

1st two votes are
    AB

^ Top  
  5. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    AB certainly, following up on the previous discussion. Wanketh could prove to be more annoying than Akil, but I think it's worth sacrificing some puppetry here for the benefits. If we later distinguish ourselves on the battlefield, then Wanketh will find we are too valuable an asset for him to dismiss lightly.

^ Top  
  6. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    BB - any question of Akil's legitimacy will be thrown out once we demonstrate his "divinity". He's also a better option than A because he will acquiesce to our requests, whereas A may have designs of his own. I see it as essentially a trade-off between loyalty and legitimacy.

^ Top  
  7. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    m4davis - BA
    newcomer - CB
    Collage - CA
    Tigranes - AB
    Zero Credibility - CA
    Xenomorph II - AB
    Baltika9 - BB
    Esquilax - AB
    CappenVarra - AA
    TOME - BA
    Lambchop19 - AA
    Quetzacoatl - CA
    Smashing Axe - BB
    Kipeci - BB
    ScubaV - AB
    Bloodshifter - AB

AA - 2
    AB - 5
    BA - 2
    BB - 3
    CA - 3
    CB - 1

AB wins - We shall raise our army under Wanketh's name, and head straight for Memphis. If anyone wishes to change their votes for the latter two choices after knowing this result, feel free to do so.

Regarding the trollface question - no, but you can have a smug face.

^ Top  
  8. newcomer Learned

newcomer
    Then there's no need to inform anything to Heraclepolis...

AD

^ Top  
  9. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    Reading things again, AD for the second set seems like a decent choice. Antagonising Astarth may jeopardise our bid for unity amongst the Egyptian people, but if we can steal a march on him in Wanketh's name, he too cannot afford to war against us and jettison his reputation.

^ Top  
  10. ScubaV Prophet

ScubaV
    Making my second choice of AD official.

^ Top  
  11. anus_pounder Arcane

anus_pounder
    BC because.

No love for the far east. :(

^ Top  
  12. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
  13. AC - If we had more of an army my answer would have been bc, but I think we need to be there to keep the few troops we have from being butchered.

btw, did we ever decide on the sword name? I liked Anbar-Shi as brosquilax suggested.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. newcomer Learned

newcomer
    We can always go through the mind-fuck skill tree & learn how to control Wanketh, after all he'll make a perfect puppet king. His future courtiers might hate us though, because we hold too much influence in the king's decision, whereas in Akil's case that might not happen because he would have retain most of our current tentacle-hunting team. But anyway let's see where this choice leads us to..

^ Top  
  15. Bloodshifter Educated

Bloodshifter
    AD
    Anbar-Shi sounds cool but do we want to name something that will stay at our side for centuries a name we can hardly pronounce ( Ean can say it just fine but I am doubtful any one of us is of Sumerian descent)
    still Supporting Eve

^ Top  
  16. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    AD for second set of votes.

^ Top  
  17. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Well, it was worth a try.:(

^ Top  
  18. m4davis Scholar

m4davis
    No why do you get the credit for the words I combined but seriously thanks for supporting it and its nice to know I'am not a total failure at naming

^ Top  
  19. Quetzacoatl Liturgist

Quetzacoatl
    The sword should be called Moloch. Although the Anbar-Shi name makes more sense.

^ Top  
  20. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    No. I still agree with Azira. Sekhenun, and morph your face into a smugface whenever announcing it to a Gieloth. And give a thumbs-up too.
    Like this
    :troll:.

^ Top  
  21. ScubaV Prophet

ScubaV
    I vote Anbar-Shi for the sword's name.

^ Top  
  22. CappenVarra phase-based phantasmist Patron

CappenVarra
    Hmm...

+1 to all skill levels
    (slayer's)
    +30% hit chance
    +100% damage
    (lord's)
    +1% hit chance per character level
    (visionary)
    +1 max damage per character level
    (grinding)
    -20% light radius
    (yeah, that's me saying "shortsighted", how did you guess?)

^ Top  
  23. oscar Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

oscar
    AB. I'm not too interested in hanging around Egypt forever.

^ Top  
  24. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
    Call the sword Sekhenun, I guess.

AD

^ Top  
  25. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    AD for the subsequent choices.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.