Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

Curufinwe

Learned
Good LP so far Treave! Very original premises!
As for my first vote:

C

Why? Because I think the fuckit option is a rebellion to the voices, who want us to be where the action is for their goals. We're still very early in the 'game', if we keep going along without protest we'll never learn anything anymore.

Besides, since we're compulsed to follow their orders, I want to see how much they value our free-will and how benevolent (or malevolent) the voices are. If benevolent, they might explain something more. If malevolent, it's good to know it.

newcomer

Learned
Oh fuck it... If only we took option B during the power choice, we would be able to ward off the arrows with our mind...

As for my choice (not "fuck it" mind you...) I'll choose A. B sounds like a trap to me, although I would be happy if someone can enlighten me how a one-handed person are supposed to climb that wall.. As for the arrows, if we are using some sort of rope, maybe it's possible to dodge the arrow by reading the archer's mind and swaying the rope accordingly

treave
now that I think of it, can immortality be... stolen? I mean we steal the voices inside Shulgi & hand it over to Sargon for example, or fuse it with our own voice

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
treave
now that I think of it, can immortality be... stolen? I mean we steal the voices inside Shulgi & hand it over to Sargon for example, or fuse it with our own voice

You guys didn't go on the path which unlocks that option, but you'll come across the possibility to learn about such a method again in the future.

Esquilax

Arcane
B. -One hand can't climb walls.

Is that so?

Remember that we have superhuman physical strength, so lifting our own body weight quickly along the walls is easy. The real problem is what we'd do afterwards - we'd be a pincushion and in very poor shape to take Shulgi on. As for B, I am quite sure it's a trap - all the King's escape routes have been covered except for one, and we've only just now discovered it after five days. This tells me that Shulgi is likely baiting us into the tunnel. It could be alright but we have no way of knowing.

A for now.

Fuck it, C. I don't see us getting through this one. This seems like a no-win situation so we mght as well just fight our way through and recover later. I see no way of beating Shulgi without our hand.

newcomer

Learned
treave

You guys didn't go on the path which unlocks that option, but you'll come across the possibility to learn about such a method again in the future.

After we put Shulgi & Naram in their righful place, I see....
AH, THAT'S RIGHT! WITH OUR SUPERPOWER WE CAN KICK THE WALL TO CREATE OUR OWN FOOTING! THE VIDEO IS VERY INSPIRING!

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I'm sorry to spoil the ninja wall-climbing party but Sargon has access to ladder technology. >_>

newcomer

Learned
I'm sorry to spoil the ninja wall-climbing party but Sargon has access to ladder technology. >_>

facepalm06.jpg

ScubaV

Prophet
A

B definitely sounds like a trap and I don't want to waste all the good will we've built up with the soldiers on C.

Urist McLurker

Learned
A, although each time I see the fuck it option, the more I want to choose it. And the more it makes me concerned that I should be choosing it.

Curufinwe

Learned
A, although each time I see the fuck it option, the more I want to choose it. And the more it makes me concerned that I should be choosing it.

That is pretty much what I'm thinking as well. There MUST be a catch for Treave to keep proposing it even if apparently it makes no sense.

oscar

Arcane
I think it's just a "opt out" option if we decide to stop playing the politics/war/ruling game and just spend a few decades wandering around developing our powers in peace.

Tigranes

Arcane
B will ll be plenty impressive, and even if it's a trap, isn't likely to be any worse than A. B

newcomer

Learned
Well, for me the fuck it opt is best used when the other immortals are dead awaiting revival...
Now where could Naram be? Did he shapeshift into someone (Rimush?) or did he choose the fuck it opt?

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Maybe he is tech rushing while we are bickering with Shulgi.

Edited.

XenomorphII

Prophet
B.

Its almost certainly a trap, but we might be able to overcome it and be a big damn hero.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom