Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inactive [LP CYOA] Overlord

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Rebirth

The power obtained from the Demon Lord’s heart surges through and around you. It seeps into your body, rebuilding it, changing it…

A. Your flesh starts to decay and fall away, leaving only bone. You are becoming undead.

Lv. 1 Deathlord

Vitality: C
Mana: B
Physical Attack: C
Physical Defense: B
Magical Attack: B
Magical Defense: B
Agility: C
Charisma: E

Abilities:
Mastery of Death
You have an affinity for death thanks to your undead nature. You may cast necromantic spells with little to no drain on your mana.

B. A burning heat rises in your body as your skin hardens into scales. You start to take on the aspect of a dragon.

Lv. 1 Dragonlord

Vitality: B
Mana: C
Physical Attack: B
Magical Attack: C
Agility: C
Charisma: C

Abilities:
Dragonheart
The sturdy scales covering your body can be further reinforced temporarily in battle by strengthening the flames in your dragon's heart.

Moderate increase: Physical Defense, Magical Defense

C. Fur begins to sprout along your arms, and your fangs lengthen. Your bestial nature stirs.

Lv. 1 Beastlord

Vitality: B
Mana: D
Physical Attack: A
Magical Defense: D
Agility: A
Charisma: D

Abilities:
Light of the Hunter's Moon
Your beastly instincts allow you to detect hidden creatures easily, be it through magical means or otherwise, and from a far distance.

D. Horns erupt from your skull, bat-wings from your back, and a barbed tail from your spine. The demonic energies have taken form.

Lv. 1 Demon King

Physical Attack: B
Physical Defense: C
Magical Defense: C
Agility: B
Charisma: B

Abilities:
Demonic Eyes of Mystic Perception
The power of your demon's eyes have manifested as the ability to visualize, comprehend, and analyze the spells of others.

E. Glowing wings emerge behind you, shedding feathers of light. A bright halo appears above your head, awakening your angelic state.

Lv. 1 Angel Lord

Physical Attack: C
Agility: B
Charisma: B

Abilities:
Angel Halo
Your halo can absorb the ambient energy of your surroundings, constantly replenishing your mana and providing a passive increase to your defense against spells.

Moderate increase: Mana, Magical Defense

F. Your skin becomes translucent and jelly-like, as does the muscle and bone underneath. You lose all solid form and become a slime.

Lv. 1 Slimelord

Vitality: D
Mana: D
Physical Attack: D
Physical Defense: A
Magical Attack: D
Magical Defense: A
Agility: D
Charisma: D

Abilities:
Digestive Slime
You are able to split into multiple bodies, envelop other beings in your slime, and digest them for nutrients.

G. The power restores your body to its human state, repairing and regressing your physical form to the extent that you are now a baby again. But you are the strongest baby in history.

Lv. 1 Overbaby

Vitality: F
Mana: F
Physical Attack: F
Physical Defense: F
Agility: F
Charisma: A

Abilities:
Uguu~
Although you are but a baby, your condensed power allows you to telepathically communicate with other people, should you wish to.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
These aren't the only abilities for the races, you'll get to pick more as you become more accustomed to your new form.

Esquilax

Arcane
Trias_the_Betrayer.jpg

E. Trias the Betrayer. We shall be a dark angel coming back to wreak vengeance on heaven. And have demon-angel hybrid children.

A > D

Last edited:

m4davis

Scholar
Going for A right now but can be persuaded to most options just think we should stick to our strengths and that slime isn't really a option for me.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I suppose there's also:

H. You become a pile of shit.

Lv. 1 Shitlord

Vitality: F
Mana: F
Physical Attack: F
Physical Defense: F
Magical Attack: F
Magical Defense: F
Agility: F
Charisma: F

Abilities:
Cis-White-Male-Privilege
You are not just a pile of shit, you are the most privileged pile of shit in the world. You get a rank increase to all stats when oppressing minorities.

Baltika9

Arcane
treave, who can have babies with the most amount of species? Also, I am assuming the overbaby will be growing up eventually, right?

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
E>G

Dark Angel is more fun than dark dark. Trias was a better antagonist than Evil Pit Fiend #5204

Overbaby is just funny. Eternal virgin

Esquilax

Arcane
The overbaby thing, despite the obvious Clevian joke there, is actually very interesting from a narrative standpoint. We start off very physically weak, relying on nothing but our telepathy as well as our natural charisma to lead others and to take on forces that would otherwise be able to curbstomp us.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
treave, who can have babies with the most amount of species? Also, I am assuming the overbaby will be growing up eventually, right?

Species compatibility ranking:

1. Human

2. Angel/Demon

3. Beast

4. Dragon

Slimes reproduce by splitting, and skeletons have a lot of bone but can't do anything with it.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
“Thus is the fate of those who go against the Goddesses’ will.”
The 'Dex fate is to rebel. As Ean. As Dio. As Senya. As Jing. Even as Adachi.

The 'Dex accepts no authority and no masters. The 'Dex believes in no fate. :salute:

I don't know if that is impressive or predictable. :roll:

Kyle raises his sword reluctantly and says, “Even if you are a traitor to humanity, you are still my friend. I will end your suffering.”

[...]

“Stupid wench,” spits Kyle. He begins to advance upon you, wielding the sword that took Mieren’s life. “Well, you have no need to fear loneliness. I will send him to join you soon enough.”
I was right to want the next Hero alive. A dream to see him choke on his own bile would be enough to keep us going. :salute:

Still didn't get to Li Ming's level of UNorthodox BRO, but I suppose we still have (had?) a sister.

“No. His destiny ends here, with his betrayal,” states Althus flatly. “Any other outcome is blasphemy.”
There seems to be a running theme with the Gods, in any of our LPs. They are all assholes. With the notable exception of the Eternal Flame, of course - but that one does not seem to possess any personal traits at all.

Well, at least we got the PRAY option out of the way right at the start. :lol:

Ah, yes. ‘Reasons’. If you are physically able to squirm guiltily at this time, you would.
There is no need to be ashamed, we had the best reasons we ever would! Love conquers all! :obviously:

You can sense powerful energies still emanating from the massive organ, though it is rapidly weakening with each passing second.
Could be worse. Could be a dick. :M

Overall, a promising start. There is a wide number of hooks - survival, revenge, the unresolved demon titties subplot, a riot against the HEAVANZ etc - we have available to make our hero want to move his now-etherial ass. I am pumped for the first chapter. :salute:

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
The overbaby thing, despite the obvious Clevian joke there, is actually very interesting from a narrative standpoint. We start off very physically weak, relying on nothing but our telepathy as well as our natural charisma to lead others and to take on forces that would otherwise be able to curbstomp us.
Also, the baby has one advantage that none of the others have: we can move around the human world without being recognized on sight. This will give us a chance to personally infiltrate the human world and pull off false-flag operations, or just convert people to our side. Hell, we could even try starting our own counter-cult to the Goddesses.
They are all awesome, but I like the Baby the most. It has so much potential.

Species compatibility ranking:

1. Human

2. Angel/Demon

3. Beast

4. Dragon

Slimes reproduce by splitting, and skeletons have a lot of bone but can't do anything with it.
And, well, that.

Esquilax

Arcane
The 'Dex accepts no authority and no masters. The 'Dex believes in no fate. :salute:

I don't know if that is impressive or predictable. :roll:

I think part of it is the Dex's nature to rebel, even when it is stupid to do so, but I think it also fits the character. I think that if we picked the other popular characters in voting (i.e. the Slaaneshi noble or the Grim Warrior) we would have had a character that was the sort that would be motivated by either hedonism or power enough to rebel anyways. A more honobaru protagonist would not. Plus, for this LP we kinda wanted a dude with a darker edge who was kind of a dick.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

wat no tentacles?!

D>E>F - for anyone who has watched the anime "the legend of the legendary heroes" D is freaking awesome. Instantly casting your opponents' spells back at them before they are even finished casting. And if it continues to hold true to said anime, the ability to deconstruct reality itself.
“Why do you always… always…” Kyle grits his teeth, visibly enraged. Tousling his beautiful blonde hair, he murmurs, “Do you like him that much? Then you can share his fate, traitor.”
Jealous Theseus/Naim detected.
He steps towards the wounded Mieren, before she can recover, and he cuts her head off.

It bounces on the ground, rolling until it rests right at what remains of your feet. Mieren’s head. Her eyes are looking straight at you, the expression blank. They blink once, twice, and then fall still forever.
SAVE HER HEAD!!!

questions, treave: does our dick work if we are undead?

Last edited by a moderator:

Esquilax

Arcane

Baltika9

Arcane
Another thing that the Uberbaby has on everyone else: we can suck all the demon titties we want.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
D>A>F - for anyone who has watched the anime "the legend of the legendary heroes" D is freaking awesome. Instantly casting your oppenents' spell back at them before they are even finished casting it. And if it continues to hold true to said anime, the ability to deconstruct reality itself.
Note that by treave's table you are surrendering your right to bone others. You can't go GAHAHAHA like this, bro.

Nvm, mixed you up with Dragonkin. Sorry. :oops:

Going for a fallen angel as well. Mixed angel-demon master race to conquer the world with sounds fun.

E.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
This is the series I was talking about: snip Legend of Legendary Heroes

At a higher level, probably something like that can be done. But as of now it's more of finding weaknesses in spells and exploiting them.

...Now that I think about it, won't it be like Wuxiang Qiankun except for magic? :|

Esquilax

Arcane
treave, in G, how powerful are our telepathic abilities? I'm assuming that there are limits of whose minds we can read and that it's something that can grow stronger over time.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

So you want to go from marrying the succubus to becoming so young as to not have sexual function? FFS, you guys have zero consistency in these LPs. I expect this sort of shit from baltika, but not you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom