Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Inactive [LP CYOA] Overlord

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Jul 20, 2015.

1. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Rebirth

The power obtained from the Demon Lord’s heart surges through and around you. It seeps into your body, rebuilding it, changing it…

A. Your flesh starts to decay and fall away, leaving only bone. You are becoming undead.

B. A burning heat rises in your body as your skin hardens into scales. You start to take on the aspect of a dragon.

C. Fur begins to sprout along your arms, and your fangs lengthen. Your bestial nature stirs.

D. Horns erupt from your skull, bat-wings from your back, and a barbed tail from your spine. The demonic energies have taken form.

E. Glowing wings emerge behind you, shedding feathers of light. A bright halo appears above your head, awakening your angelic state.

F. Your skin becomes translucent and jelly-like, as does the muscle and bone underneath. You lose all solid form and become a slime.

G. The power restores your body to its human state, repairing and regressing your physical form to the extent that you are now a baby again. But you are the strongest baby in history.

• Brofist Brofist x 14
    ^ Top  
  2. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    These aren't the only abilities for the races, you'll get to pick more as you become more accustomed to your new form.

^ Top  
  3. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    [​IMG]

E. Trias the Betrayer. We shall be a dark angel coming back to wreak vengeance on heaven. And have demon-angel hybrid children.

A > D

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. m4davis Scholar

m4davis
    Going for A right now but can be persuaded to most options just think we should stick to our strengths and that slime isn't really a option for me.

^ Top  
  5. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    G
    All of them are awesome, but the baby concept takes the cake.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    I suppose there's also:

H. You become a pile of shit.

• Brofist Brofist x 10
    ^ Top  
  7. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    treave, who can have babies with the most amount of species? Also, I am assuming the overbaby will be growing up eventually, right?

^ Top  
  8. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    E>G

Dark Angel is more fun than dark dark. Trias was a better antagonist than Evil Pit Fiend #5204

Overbaby is just funny. Eternal virgin

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  9. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    The overbaby thing, despite the obvious Clevian joke there, is actually very interesting from a narrative standpoint. We start off very physically weak, relying on nothing but our telepathy as well as our natural charisma to lead others and to take on forces that would otherwise be able to curbstomp us.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  10. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Species compatibility ranking:

1. Human

2. Angel/Demon

3. Beast

4. Dragon

Slimes reproduce by splitting, and skeletons have a lot of bone but can't do anything with it.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  11. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    The 'Dex fate is to rebel. As Ean. As Dio. As Senya. As Jing. Even as Adachi.

The 'Dex accepts no authority and no masters. The 'Dex believes in no fate. :salute:

I don't know if that is impressive or predictable. :roll:

I was right to want the next Hero alive. A dream to see him choke on his own bile would be enough to keep us going. :salute:

Still didn't get to Li Ming's level of UNorthodox BRO, but I suppose we still have (had?) a sister.

There seems to be a running theme with the Gods, in any of our LPs. They are all assholes. With the notable exception of the Eternal Flame, of course - but that one does not seem to possess any personal traits at all.

Well, at least we got the PRAY option out of the way right at the start. :lol:

There is no need to be ashamed, we had the best reasons we ever would! Love conquers all! :obviously:

Could be worse. Could be a dick. :M

Overall, a promising start. There is a wide number of hooks - survival, revenge, the unresolved demon titties subplot, a riot against the HEAVANZ etc - we have available to make our hero want to move his now-etherial ass. I am pumped for the first chapter. :salute:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
    ^ Top  
  12. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Also, the baby has one advantage that none of the others have: we can move around the human world without being recognized on sight. This will give us a chance to personally infiltrate the human world and pull off false-flag operations, or just convert people to our side. Hell, we could even try starting our own counter-cult to the Goddesses.
    They are all awesome, but I like the Baby the most. It has so much potential.
    And, well, that.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  13. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    I think part of it is the Dex's nature to rebel, even when it is stupid to do so, but I think it also fits the character. I think that if we picked the other popular characters in voting (i.e. the Slaaneshi noble or the Grim Warrior) we would have had a character that was the sort that would be motivated by either hedonism or power enough to rebel anyways. A more honobaru protagonist would not. Plus, for this LP we kinda wanted a dude with a darker edge who was kind of a dick.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  14. wat no tentacles?!

D>E>F - for anyone who has watched the anime "the legend of the legendary heroes" D is freaking awesome. Instantly casting your opponents' spells back at them before they are even finished casting. And if it continues to hold true to said anime, the ability to deconstruct reality itself.
    Jealous Theseus/Naim detected.
    SAVE HER HEAD!!!

questions, treave: does our dick work if we are undead?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2015
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. archaen Arbiter Patron

archaen
    E > G for me also. That way we can:

^ Top  
  16. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012

Slimes have tentacles. :M

Well, his name is Kyle Theseon. :M

Your dick will fall off if you become a lich. :M

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  17. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    You just reminded me of one of the funniest things that you said back in the Epic LP:

^ Top  
  18. This is the series I was talking about:

edit:
    Well, fuck that.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Another thing that the Uberbaby has on everyone else: we can suck all the demon titties we want.

^ Top  
  20. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Note that by treave's table you are surrendering your right to bone others. You can't go GAHAHAHA like this, bro.

Nvm, mixed you up with Dragonkin. Sorry. :oops:

Going for a fallen angel as well. Mixed angel-demon master race to conquer the world with sounds fun.

E.

^ Top  
  21. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    At a higher level, probably something like that can be done. But as of now it's more of finding weaknesses in spells and exploiting them.

...Now that I think about it, won't it be like Wuxiang Qiankun except for magic? :|

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  22. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Please no.
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  23. flopped to D>E>F

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    treave, in G, how powerful are our telepathic abilities? I'm assuming that there are limits of whose minds we can read and that it's something that can grow stronger over time.

^ Top  
  25. So you want to go from marrying the succubus to becoming so young as to not have sexual function? FFS, you guys have zero consistency in these LPs. I expect this sort of shit from baltika, but not you.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.