Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inactive [LP CYOA] Overlord

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
In memoriam.
G) Apologize to her for killing her friends/love, then forgive her for killing your men. Become Jesus. Follow with any other option.
:hero:

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
First choice: B>A
Second choice: A>C

Don't succumb the to pussification of mercy! We're supposed to be an evil overlord damn it! :argh:

lightbane

Arcane
Now I remember why I had stopped reading Codex CYOAs: They are disgustingly addictive (not that this is a bad thing). Still, this one looks fun. A bit surprised that the Codex took the Angel option, a bit less that said Angel is pretty much a (even more unsubtle) Kaworu. In any case:

1st choice: B. We'll have our revengeance when we get some clothes and/or some followers. Priorities first.
2nd choice: C. A man's instincts always prevail, no matter what happens.

Baltika9

Arcane
I wouldn't normally go vengeful but they killed Mieren, although they really had no real reason to do it.

They killed Mieren, but we also betrayed everybody after a single glance at a pair of demon titties, so I'd say that makes us just about even.
We could go with cold indifference, but I want to try something different this time around.
Yes, we did betray heaven first, but they had no right to execute Mieren for trying to do the right thing, just as the Kingdoms and Goddesses had no right to force us into the role of their hero. It is not justice for the masses we want, but vengeance for ourselves and our only real friend. If we are an angel, then let us be an angel of retribution.
Flopping to AD.

Kz3r0

Arcane
just as the Kingdoms and Goddesses had no right to force us into the role of their hero
My take on the whole thing is that they chose us because we were strong and ruthless enough to do was necessary to get to the Evul Lord while being completely expendable by their point of view.
I think that the medal was just a magic version of an atomic bomb, it would have been activated when close enough to the target no matter what.
So we really didn't betray anyone.

Baltika9

Arcane
Going by the information we and our companions had at the time, we are a traitor. To our knowledge, no one was aware of the atomic bomb or of us being a puppet, even the choices themselves stated that we would be forsaking our duty/destiny.
Anyway, we always experiment with justice and standing up for the little guy, but I want to explore the darker side of justice and righteousness this time around.

Esquilax

Arcane
We could go with cold indifference, but I want to try something different this time around.

This might be my interpretation colouring things, but I don't see B as solely cold indifference. I see it as "We'll cross that bridge when we reach it, right now I have other shit to do". Basically my attitude is a combination of "I was about to fuck these guys over, but they fucked me over first; live by the sword, die by the sword" and "I'm not sorry I did it, I'm sorry I got caught".* I don't want a cold, calculating protagonist, but rather a guy who's an asshole and pretty comfortable with it. A jovial, fun-loving villain if you will.

* Though I do feel bad for Mieren,

Going by the information we and our companions had at the time, we are a traitor. To our knowledge, no one was aware of the atomic bomb or of us being a puppet, even the choices themselves stated that we would be forsaking our duty/destiny.
Anyway, we always experiment with justice and standing up for the little guy, but I want to explore the darker side of justice and righteousness this time around.

Well, all the choices are "in-character" so I can't fault you for wanting to explore the idea of some vigilante justice, but my interpretation of the character and where I'd like to take him don't have him as the vengeful type per se. He'll kill Theseus and others if/when they get in his way, but he's not about to go out of his way to hunt them down.

Last edited:

profreshinal

Arcane
I like the idea of going to the city straight away and have the hero-angel preach the "real" version of the story. Something along the line of: the hero kills the overlord, then gets back-stabbed by his friends. Luckily the goddesses intervened on behalf of the hero, obliterating the spot and have the hero reborn as an angel and a direct messenger of the godesses. If none or only a few days have gone by since the fight, before the "official" narrative can be established, it will be a nice turn of the tables. If more time has passed people will whisper! Whisper I tell you.

BD for now.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Hm, the default number of posts per page seems to have been changed to 20 instead of the previous 25, and has pretty much fucked up most of the links. I wonder what's going on?

Anyway, fixed the links. Also, since we're out of the prologue, we'll be returning to the normal schedule of an update roughly every two days or so.

Last edited:

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
AC

Kill them all. Traitorous reprobates! They had no reason to kill Mieran, hell, they had no reason to refuse us trial.

B sounds more like ambivalence rather than indifference though, which is more acceptable to me.

Esquilax

Arcane
Kill them all. Traitorous reprobates! They had no reason to kill Mieran, hell, they had no reason to refuse us trial.

B sounds more like ambivalence rather than indifference though, which is more acceptable to me.

I suspect that despite our differences in voting, we actually agree. Personally, I have nothing against them trying to kill us without a trial - we were about to betray them, and if it were Theseus in our shoes, we would have tried to do him in like this as well. Whatever, fuck him. The only thing that really gets to me is that they killed Mieren. IMO, that's the only thing here that's vengeance worthy. The fact that they tried to kill us after we betrayed them was just business. Mieren was personal.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The nature of your anger or indifference will be explored in a later choice, this just sets a general mood towards what happened.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

AC

edit:
and I want to find that girl's severed head and put it in a jar. Eventually we need a spell to raise her into a passably attractive female head.

edit:
and it never fails, esquilax et al are always defending Theseus. Look, it's simple: he needs to die because he's a turd who killed a girl just because he was jealous and/or impatient.

Last edited by a moderator:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
edit:
and I want to find that girl's severed head and put it in a jar. Eventually we need a spell to raise her into a passably attractive female head.

Attractiveness rating:

20/10 Kyle Theseon, so dreamy :love:
10/10 Demon princess
8/10 Mieren
7/10 Lobelia

Esquilax

Arcane

Reanimating Mieren into a passably attractive female head would have been far easier as an undead lich lord. :rpgcodex:

and it never fails, esquilax et al are always defending Theseus. Look, it's simple: he needs to die because he's a turd who killed a girl just because he was jealous and/or impatient.

Not spending every active moment plotting Theseus' demise = defending Theseus. :lol:

No, trying to rationalize his point of view is defending him. Ignoring the obvious dickery and trying to be ambivalent about it all is defending him.

Let's look at the facts, not only did he want to execute us without trial (dick move number 1 since he didn't actually witness anything other than an explosion), but he killed Mieren without a moment's hesitation. Could he have disabled her and left her alive? Yes. Could he have taken her prisoner instead of cutting her head off? Yes. So, all that time together meant nothing. The friend that moments ago everyone was broken up about only being able to find her arm, suddenly deserves death for asking for a trial and liking us rather than him.

It'd be one thing if they all saw us do it, but they didn't. Knowing what we know, it does seem slightly more justified, but imagine that it wasn't us we're talking about. Imagine that this was some other guy who chose not to betray them, fought the demon and almost lost, but in the moments before the demon prevailed, he felt the irresistible urge to throw his amulet at him - no doubt a fail-safe of the deities who gave it to him. It exploded and the same scenario happens.

Would Kyle (who doesn't know what happened either way) still want to kill this hero? Yes.
Would he still murder Mieren for defending an INNOCENT man? Yes.

So what we are looking at is a group of people who would not give two of their own the benefit of the doubt and would straight up murder them both based on flimsy superstition and jealousy.

They are assholes. Kill. Them.

Reanimating Mieren into a passably attractive female head would have been far easier as an undead lich lord. :rpgcodex:
yeah, I know, but let's just say that if we were a skeleton, we wouldn't have the, uh, "equipment" to take advantage of such a scenario...

Nevill

Arcane
Not spending every active moment plotting Theseus' demise = defending Theseus. :lol:
Read between the lines, dude.

Lambchop just wants us to chase a 20/20 hunk of a man to the end of the world. Pretty romantic, if you ask me. :love:

10/10 Demon princess
8/10 Mieren
7/10 Lobelia
This, right there, is all justification that we ever needed.

Nevill, don't make me whip out my fedora, son
edit:
10/10 Demon princess
8/10 Mieren
7/10 Lobelia
This, right there, is all justification that we ever needed.
Bingo :M
All the justification we need to kill Lobelia that is

edit:
and for the record, I'm not suggesting that we spend our every waking moment trying to avenge whatsherface, but we should get around to killing those assholes sometime

Nevill

Arcane
and for the record, I'm not suggesting that we spend our every waking moment trying to avenge whatsherface, but we should get around to killing those assholes sometime
I fail to see it as a motivation. That business is done with.

When we meet them again, we might, but the righteous indignation at how Kyle would supposedly kill an INNOCENT man does not work for me. 'cause a) we aren't innocent, and b) we don't care much about real innocents (Ruric and the whole demon war outcome, anyone?), much less hypothetical ones.

that was aaron, not me. teh roleplaying.
Sorry, the consistent results you get for our characters make me confused sometimes. :cool:

yeah, so if someone kills the girl you were trying to score your friend and leaves you for dead, you're cool with it. let bygones be bygones. BS. And who says we don't care about innocents? Just because we act like an asshole doesn't mean we can't hate assholes bro. Hypocrisy is only human. Like the dick who cuts you off while you are driving - bet he wouldn't like you to do the same to him or his friends. Or the guy that shoots someone over a spilt beer - bet he wouldn't like it if someone did the same to him.

look, I know you like to get all larpy and "what would our character do, hmm?", but let's not play a stereotype lazy guy down to the point to where we don't care when someone tries to kill us AND (more importantly) cockblocks us by killing the girl we were interested in.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom