Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Inactive [LP CYOA] Overlord

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    AC. The first rule of being an overlord: teach people not to fuck with you.

^ Top  
  2. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Current tally:

FEELZ:
    A - 11
    B - 10
    C - 3

REALZ:
    A - 3
    B - 0
    C - 18
    D - 2

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    What a horrible dilemma for treave to put you in. The only conceivable means by which you could put Mieren's head in a jar would involve having your dick fall off and your character losing his libido. I would be willing to flop for this vote only if it means that we aren't going to be some self-righteous faggot who gets butthurt about not receiving due process (like we give a fuck about giving due process to Kyle Theseus) after betraying mankind for a pair of magnificent demon titties.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    I don't know where the other ANGER voters want to take this, but you know my stance: yes, we did them wrong, but they've done us wrong too. And while we aren't in the right here (truthfully, no one except Mieren is), we still have plenty of shit to get pissed about.
    It doesn't take being a myopic douche to be angry at having this thrust upon us. After all, who are these goddesses to have forced us into this, what right did they have to slap that nuke on us, what right did our former friends have to kill Mieren? The way I want to take A is not about being reasonable, it's about getting pissed at people who thought they could push us around because they're higher (or thought they were) than us.
    Guess what, fuckers, the tables have been turned the other way.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  5. ScubaV Prophet

ScubaV
    Flopping from BC to BC, cuz fuck that angsty teenage shit. The Overlord's got better shit to do like fuck bitches and acquire minions.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  6. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    You flopped from one choice into the exact same choice. That never occurred to me before. I think you have ushered in a new revolution in how we flop.

Fuck it, I'm flopping from BC to BC too.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  7. m4davis Scholar

m4davis
    BC If we see him we kill him if not I don't think he's worth the resources to hunt down simple as that.

^ Top  
  8. qwerty123456 Novice

qwerty123456
    AC

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    • Racist Racist x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Well, I'm flopping from AC to AC!

edit:
    you know, now that I think about it, I'm flopping from AC to AC.

edit2: Just reread the update. Flopping to AC. Bros, it's the only way.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  10. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    No, but for real, I will now officially flop to AC.

Given that our character never cared about being a hero, and was manipulated by the goddesses of fate all along for a purpose that was unknown to him so that he could be their pawn, of course he'd be pissed off. That being said, I will fight anybody who wants to go for revenge on Kyle Theseus just because we didn't get a trial. Gimme a fucking break, that is soft. There's no doubt that Kyle Theseus and Althus should die for being mindless slaves of the goddesses, but let's focus the brunt of our anger on where it truly belongs.

In a nutshell:

:neveraskedforthis:

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  11. Kipeci Arcane

Kipeci
    Oh, come on. Are any of you really going to be assed to move out of our bitching fortress and rise to power to smoke these assholes?

If we're going to go to the capital to get revenge over that chick we might as well do it now and get it over with with AD while everyone's in a chaos rather than leaving over this dumb matter when we're just settling into our stride later on. I'd kill them if we came across them, or not if they have something to offer us in life, but I can't be bothered to pursue one batch of meanies over others when we have living chicks to peek on right near to us and I don't see a need to give up later flexibility by making this a definite goal. Someone reverse this decline! Revenge is too much effort to actively seek out.

^ Top  
  12. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    How do you know everyone's in chaos? The forces of Good have just won the war, don't see why things would be in disarray right now after the goddesses just got exactly what they wanted out of this little scheme of theirs. I don't take our companions' betrayal personally - we did betray them too, after all - but they willingly serve a force that used us as a pawn for a destiny that we never really wanted in the first place. Our guy never wanted to be a hero, he was forced into it to serve some inscrutable goal.

Since Kyle and Althus seem to serve that same power, they gotta go.

What I took from the update here is that it's a general attitude choice for now:

That being said, I think you're right that A would involve a much more pro-active approach to this situation. Unlike B, where we'd be more content to just chill and do other things, A would involve actively seeking them out. At some point, we will find these assholes. But right now, we have some perving to do.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Kipeci, your argument has resonated with me. Flopping to AC.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  14. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    In the end, the Codex can not choose to feel anything but butthurt.

Truly, some fates are unescapable. :M

^ Top  
  15. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    Butthurt fuels this LP. Would not have it any other way.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. nothing is unpossible, Nevill :M

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Random Word Arbiter Patron

Random Word
    MCA Project: Eternity
    The Seven Kingdoms are lame - we apparently have a whole multiverse to explore. Kill Theseus if he goes dimension hopping, but if we're going to devote ourselves to anything it ought to be locating our beloved Demon Tsun-Princess. Priorities.

BC

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Again, the choice is about what we feel, not about what we are going to devote ourselves to.

I mean, yeah, there is a promise of revenge, but that doesn't mean we have to do it now, or that we can't get distracted.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    treave, I would have to ask if that anger is what we feel towards 'trators', or what we feel about the situation in general. Or if we would be able to choose which way it goes at a later date. I know you said we would be able to clarify our reasons later, but will we be able to shift its target, too?

I think at least some of us want it not to be personal but rather a crusade against HEAVANZ, and I don't know if that is what is being offered here.
    tally (open)
    Kz3r0 AC
    Elfberserker AC
    Esquilax AC
    Kipeci BC
    Jester AA
    ScubaV BC
    Rex Feral AC
    Baltika9 AD
    Nevill BC
    Azira CC
    oscar BC
    wjw BC
    asxetos AC
    Denim Demon CA
    Grimgravy BA>AC
    lightbane BC
    archaen BC
    profreshinal AD
    Smashing Axe AC
    Lambchop19 AC
    Kayerts AC
    Absinthe Ax
    Tigranes AC
    m4davis BC
    Random Word BC
    qwerty123456 AC

A - 14
    B - 10
    C - 2

A - 3
    C - 20
    D - 2

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
    ^ Top  
  20. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    The real tragedy here is that we're back to a tie. Any regulars or 1C voters wanna help us out?

^ Top  
  21. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    I think A is ahead by one with Esquilax's flop.

^ Top  
  22. m4davis Scholar

m4davis
    Think Random Word and my vote brought us back to a tie admittedly haven't counted.

^ Top  
  23. I'll go on record as saying that I'd rather not crusade against HEAVANZ to get our revenge. I do favor a crusade, but only to acquire women. Also, any pursuit of revenge against Theseus is secondary to this goal.

Now if women happen to be in HEAVANZ and happen to claim to be goddesses, then PERHAPS I could be persuaded to vote that way in the future. Of course, that all depends on how this vote goes... *cough*

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    You mean if they give you a perfectly good and reasonable justification (to them) for their actions, you would like to stop revengeance?

^ Top  
  25. Grimgravy Cipher Patron

Grimgravy
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
    If a tie will delay things, I'm fine with 1A instead of my preference 1B

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.