Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Pilgrimage

ScubaV

Prophet
A

Rex Feral

Prophet
Great, I take it we're one choice away from a bad ending.

As for the choices. Fighting is not our style. Blind fighting is even worse. How the fuck are we gonna pull that of ? No way B.

C means "fuck it and leg it"...and we're not even legging it toward somwhere safe. We're going outside were more Kinsfolk await.

I'm not even sure what D implies. But it sounds like the worse idea yet. Maybe not as worse as B, still. We are going to do random summoning and incantations so that we get to Kurze and maybe something worse than the thing attacking us now.

For lack of choice, I would go with A. I presume any choice we would make we'd have to roll a dice so there is no winning choice.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Fighting was not our strong-suit when we still had two arms to fight with, I doubt now would be any better with only one of them. C's complete suicide, and D's even worse.

Really, this update's just a matter of figuring out which choice will fuck us over the least. And with that, I'll go with A.

Kayerts

Arcane
I topple the cauldron and heat it up rapidly with my black flame. This should vaporize the formaldehyde and propel the cauldron towards the creature. Hopefully it won’t splash…too much.

I have the feeling that hope is the first step on the road to disappointment. My guess is that A leads not to death but to injury. It's hard to imagine B or C ending well. D makes it sound like the pilgrim has some insight that has eluded all of us. I don't trust his judgment, but I don't trust our judgment, either. A's smarter, but I think I'm going with D.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

So was the perception roll success that we heard the scraping noise of the door or that we noticed how Toad closed his eyes?

Omicron

Scholar
Probably the WarhammerRP system, to succeed you need to roll under your skill, with appropriate modifiers and all that.

Rex Feral

Prophet
I am going to die of old age, soon. :(

On a more pleasant note, how's the update going ?

ScubaV

Prophet
This CYOA is going to flatline if we don't do something! Charge the paddles to 200J! Clear!

Esquilax

Arcane
UNIT 3108 IS MALFUNCTIONING AND MUST RETURN TO THE HIVEMIND RE-EDUCATION CENTER FOR READJUSTMENT AND INITIATION OF CYOA UPDATE PROTOCOLS

Rex Feral

Prophet
You'd pray for a shoddy half update from root, if I were writing here instead. :troll:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
root is currently incommunicado, and as I don't think he'd appreciate coming back to find that the Pilgrim has become a spikey-haired protagonist with a large sword, everything's on hiatus till he returns.

oscar

Arcane
A2

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom