Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Test-Run

Kz3r0

Arcane
What is this 'all bears are toys' stuff, BTW? If that's a reference to something, I don't get it.
Nomask7

Esquilax

Arcane
Caitlyn’s Choice:

A. Take the emergency fire-axe nearby, wedge it against the door, and pull Francesca through at the risk of letting the other animals in.

B. Attempt to pull Francesca through without wedging the door open. She might not make it through in time before the door shuts, however.

C. Pry off Francesca’s arm, pushing her away. Getting close might let her grab you, however, putting the both of you in danger.

D. Take the axe and cut off Francesca’s arm. It has to be done. You can’t endanger your life to rescue her.

Don't quite understand C - how is it different than D, other than sawing her arm off? In C, aren't you just leaving Francesca to her fate anyways?

To be honest, I think that this choice is kinda all-or-nothing. Either we attempt to save her or we commit to ending Francesca's life here. That being said, I am not sure if these animals are going to kill Francesca - they might leave her alive, let her go into crazy God Warrior mode, then turn her against everyone else. Since the Codex is full of softies who pretend that they want to be bad guys, I'll go with A for now.

B

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Don't quite understand C - how is it different than D, other than sawing her arm off? In C, aren't you just leaving Francesca to her fate anyways?

She might be able to grab you if you try to push her out. She can't grab you if you chop her arm off.

Kz3r0

Arcane
treave can Edgar go back and cut Aaron's right hand instead of continuing the idiotic finger massacre for no good reason?

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
We've been through this, haven't we? The display speaks of a person buying stuff with their own fingers. If there is no 'person', there can be no transaction.

Serves you right for wasting a perfect shopping opportunity. Edgy and Benny could have shoved Aaron's hand into the machine until there were no fingers left. What a waste!

Kz3r0

Arcane
The point is that I still don't understand why we should 'buy' anything in the first place.

Kz3r0

Arcane
If there is no 'person', there can be no transaction.
Are you sure:
INSERT THE RING-WEARING FINGER INTO THE SLOT TO SCAN FOR PAYMENT. ONCE PAYMENT IS EXACTED FROM THE FINGER, YOUR ITEM WILL BE DELIVERED, BUT ONLY IF THE FINGER WAS ON THE CORRECT HAND.

Nevill

Arcane
Are you sure:
To an extent, yes.
HERE, YOU PAY FOR ITEMS WITH RINGS. THESE RINGS ARE MEANT TO BE WORN ON YOUR RIGHT HAND, IF YOU ARE MALE, AND ON YOUR LEFT, IF YOU ARE FEMALE.
YOU ARE LIMITED TO FIVE ITEMS PER CUSTOMER, AND EACH CUSTOMER MAY NOT PURCHASE A PARTICULAR ITEM MORE THAN ONCE.
They are talking about wearing rings and customers. I don't think disembodied hands qualify for customers. Though now that I re-read it, the wording is ambiguous enough to make it possible to pay with another's finger, as 'you' does not necessarily apply to the one reading the notice, and the item limit may be imposed through other means. Still, that would be a pretty big contrivance.

The point is that I still don't understand why we should 'buy' anything in the first place.
'Should'? No. But a weapon is better than no weapon. I think Aaron would have agreed if he were alive.

By the way, why are you voting to give up another finger if you are against shopping in principle?

Kz3r0

Arcane
I think Aaron would have agreed if he were alive.
Apropos, I suggest that when we cut his hand we also piss on the corpse.
By the way, why are you voting to give up another finger if you are agsainst shopping in principle?
Because there are no other options, unless this LP is meant to be free choice galore.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

'Should'? No. But a weapon is better than no weapon. I think Aaron would have agreed if he were alive.
First of all, Aaron is currently alive and more powerful than you can possibly imagine. :M

Second of all, Aaron would be listening to Benton's thoughts and realise that there is a perfectly good dead body in the next room whose hand we could borrow. Failing that, you probably need to lose at least two fingers. The first is for the weapon, the second is for the first aid kit.

As for "why" you should say, "why not?". A finger or two lost isn't going to make much of a difference toward your overall value as a human. You're HOMELESS. It's better than being black, granted, but not by much.

Nevill

Arcane
The first is for the weapon, the second is for the first aid kit.
Why the hell do you *need* the first aid kit? Who has ever heard of people dying of blood loss after they chopped off a finger? :roll:

The modern civilization makes me cry sometimes. People are unable to shit if there is no toilet paper around.

People are afraid of infection when there are bloody explosives built into our brain and plush bears with needle teeth skulking around. Right.

Drag that nigger Quack-Quack to the vending machine and make him pay for the kit if it is such a necessity.

Last edited:

Kz3r0

Arcane
Second of all, Aaron would be listening to Benton's thoughts and realise that there is a perfectly good dead body in the next room whose hand we could borrow. Failing that, you probably need to lose at least two fingers. The first is for the weapon, the second is for the first aid kit.
Nevill's fault, I didn't think the other players would decide to follow him.

Who has ever heard of people dying of blood loss after they chopped off a finger?
Infection?

The first is for the weapon, the second is for the first aid kit.
Why the hell do you *need* the first aid kit? Who has ever heard of people dying of blood loss after they chopped off a finger? :roll:
Not of blood loss, but you would need to disinfect the wound. After all, how do you know the blade (if it is a blade) will be clean? Of course, then again, I bet the homeless have developed some sort of superior immune system with all the muck they live in.

Nevill

Arcane
Infection?
Try 'insomnia from fear of infection'. It is bound to kill us sooner.

We have been up for what, a few hours, and we are already down 2 people. Infection is a very, very distant prospect at this point.

After all, how do you know the blade (if it is a blade) will be clean?
What blade? There is no flesh left on the finger already! :roll:

Anyway, how do you handle the knife with just 3 fingers, anyway? The very choice of the weapon suggests that we should avoid cutting more fingers off.

Last edited:

Look, bro, it's your fingers on your hand. You wanna lose a finger, not disinfect and then wrap in a makeshift bandage made from the piss-soaked rags you call clothes, fine by me. I don't need clothes or disinfectants now that I have ASCENDED TO A HIGHER PLANE OF EXISTENCE. I'M NAKED AND LOVING IT. Except for my fedora of course. *tips fedora*
+M

Kz3r0

Arcane
On a side note I wonder why we have the option to chew off the finger but not cut it clean with the knife we get through all this trouble to get.

Nevill

Arcane
I don't need clothes or disinfectants now that I have ASCENDED TO A HIGHER PLANE OF EXISTENCE.
You ascended to being a nigger, bro. That's a pretty low bar for higher planes.

Look, bro, it's your fingers on your hand.
Not if I succeed in tracking your black duckling ass down, it won't be. :M

On a side note I wonder why we have the option to chew off the finger but not cut it clean with the knife we get through all this trouble to get.
Maybe we are still hungry?

I don't need clothes or disinfectants now that I have ASCENDED TO A HIGHER PLANE OF EXISTENCE.
You ascended to being a nigger, bro. That's a pretty low bar for higher planes.

Look, bro, it's your fingers on your hand.
Not if I succeed in tracking your black duckling ass down. :M
HAHAHAHA! Do you actually think I am in that nigger's body? Far from it. I exist without form or constraint. Think neckbearded ascended being from Stargate.

I am merely choosing to possess a portion of his psyche. The black people BO does bother me, but thankfully he's about to take a bath...although then it will be wet black smell...eeeew.

Nevill

Arcane
Do you actually think I am in that nigger's body? Far from it. I exist without form or constraint.
Yes. Yes, you are. You are not possessing a part of his psyche, you have become it. Try as you might, you can not exist outside of it or attach yourself to another host.

But it does not surprise me that you attempt to deny it. After all, you were the part of Aaron's psyche that was responsible for his delusions of grandeur. It is your in nature to dismiss the harsh reality.

Naturally, I am able to recognize all of this as the fragment of Aaron's mind that was representing whatever little was left of his rationality.

Do you actually think I am in that nigger's body? Far from it. I exist without form or constraint.
Yes. Yes, you are. You are not possessing a part of his psyche, you have become it. Try as you might, you can not exist outside of it or attach yourself to another host.
Yes I can. I just have to...get rid of this one. But I want to have some fun with it first. I think that stupid whore who turned me down and didn't see that I was the perfect man for her needs a lesson.

Nevill

Arcane
Yes I can. I just have to...get rid of this one.
Then it is looking like a confinement to me. Locked into the body you hate and seeking death to escape your fate... My heart goes out for you, bro. :cry:

Maybe I should try and release you from this prison...

Then it is looking like a confinement to me. Locked into the body you hate and seeking death to escape your fate... My heart goes out for you, bro. :cry:
Listen, old man, I neither require nor desire your pity. I chose this. Whether you believe it or not doesn't matter.
Maybe I should try and release you from this prison...
Haha, no offense, but I highly doubt you have the physical strength to go up against a gorilla like this. I was a seventh degree black belt navy seal ninja assassin and I still lost. If I hadn't used my bankai in my final moments and surpassed my limits in order to ascend to a higher plane, I'd really be dead.

ScubaV

Prophet
Edgar:

BB

Cut off the useless bone and then go to the pool. There's bound to be some chlorine or cleaning supplies to disinfect with and towels for bandages. It's every man for himself and these other idiots are bound to get themselves killed sooner rather than later. They don't know what it's like. This is war and war never changes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom