Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Test-Run

Esquilax

Arcane
What if we vote to have the computer offed?

Heh, we don't exactly have a strong bargaining position here. To be honest, I kinda want to flop to G, but I have this CYOA envisioned as whatever you think, it becomes broadcast to everyone around you. So, by posting in favour of killing Edgar, I've effectively made Caitlyn "think it", and now her thoughts have been made clear to everyone around her. I don't think you can wish it back, given the environment and the setting we're in.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
To be honest, I kinda want to flop to G, but I have this CYOA envisioned as whatever you think, it becomes broadcast to everyone around you. So, by posting in favour of killing Edgar, I've effectively made Caitlyn "think it", and now her thoughts have been made clear to everyone around her. I don't think you can wish it back, given the environment and the setting we're in.

This is correct. Everyone now knows that the liberal arts girl wants (or at least temporarily wanted) the hobo dead. This will be reflected when writing the next update.

For example:

"Sheeeit girl, you cold as fuck!"

Tigranes

Arcane
Wait, so are all the players taken? Or if I vote into a character, then I just share his/her decisions with whoever else occupies the brain?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The latter, yes. But you'll be locked into that character until they die. How it works should become clearer soon as we proceed, and there'll be choices for each character to vote individually on.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
If you wanna vote, you should pick a character to follow. You aren't obliged to vote all the time even if you do.

wjw

Augur
As far as I understand, all players are meant to 'join' a character and then cast a vote.

I used the past two weeks to read EPIC and SPIRAL, they're both amazing. I kinda left the playground scene after the Barbarians CYAO died out... (if that still means a thing here).

I would like to apply for Francesca, the vegan shop owner.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Isn't that more reason why I shoudn't piss him off when it is clear he won't be the one to die?

Damn, this telepathy-thing is as much an inconvenience as it is a boon.

Searching for a third soulmate, I don't think we'll get much work done if we don't agree on things

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Aaron has now shown himself to be a classist and racist neckbeard, being undecided whether he dislikes the hobo or the black guy more. Thus, he is effectively voting for no one.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Classism, racism and neckbeardism are all in line with my agendas of the moment. I am joining the Aaron bandwagon.

I vote to kill the black guy. B

Nevill

Arcane
Agreed. We should never have let them out of plantations. B.

But we still have to take care of the hobo down the road. Making the world better, one man at a time, is a noble undertaking.

Someone is about to get triggered. :roll:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Classism, racism and neckbeardism are all in line with my agendas of the moment.

Well, if you guys don't keep Benton and Aaron apart, sometime soon Benton players are going to get the choice whether or not to try and beat Aaron's pasty ass into pulp.

I vote Caitlyn. Good luck Esquilax

Is that a vote for Caitlyn, or are you joining the Caitlyn group?

Nevill

Arcane
I would like to apply for Francesca, the vegan shop owner.
Well, you applied, you can vote. :) Franchesca's vote is probably the last one we are missing.

Well, if you guys don't keep Benton and Aaron apart, sometime soon Benton players are going to get the choice whether or not to try and beat Aaron's pasty ass into pulp.
Lambchop wants to die to atone for his sins in the previous LP. I will help him grant his wish.

Absinthe

Arcane
Joining the group, sorry.

She seems the most normal person so far. It was that or Edgar.

Last edited:

wjw

Augur
Francesca will abstain from the voting, ofcourse. That's the vegan way. No killing. Ever. Jesus wouldn't approve.

G.

Classism, racism and neckbeardism are all in line with my agendas of the moment.

Haha, yeah the telepathy thing isn't doing us any favors since we are the only one voting to kill him right now. No point in switching though, he's already read our thoughts on the matter. Our only hope is that we can somehow rally the other members of the group to vote to kill Benton.
Lambchop wants to die to atone for his sins in the previous LP. I will help him grant his wish.
You mean you are going to vote to get my character killed every choice? So no change from previous LP then?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
To sum up the votes and general thoughts:

Aaron, the racist channer - Thought of the hobo first, but then decided if he had to pick someone, it'd be the black guy.
Benton, the independent thug - No one gonna make this nigga pick who to kill, he's his own nigga.
Caitlyn, the snobbish liberal arts girl - If anyone has got to go, it might as well be the smelly homeless man.
Donna, the transitioning fitness trainer - (S)he's not going to play this psycho game!
Edgar, the defensive hobo - Ain't gonna die here. Nuh uh. Gotta survive, gard'mmit.
Francisca, the Jesus vegan - What would Jesus do? Killing is bad. Thinking about killing someone to save yourself is a sin.

So it's a tie between the black guy and the homeless guy? Can we kill both?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom