Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Test-Run

Baltika9

Arcane
A
'I ain't stayin' with that racist fuck. Assholes will throw me under the bus first chance.'

a cut of domestic sheep prime

A
'I ain't stayin' with that racist fuck. Assholes will throw me under the bus first chance.'
And you'll doom the other two to kill us. Even I wouldn't sink that low. Despicable.

Esquilax

Arcane
The homeless man hasn’t said a word so far, not even when Caitlyn’s thoughts were broadcasted to him. The only thing he is offering is an unwavering, silent stare, locked onto the girl.

:lol:

Uh-oh.

Well, I'm not sure what sort of challenges I'll face there, but I'm staying the fuck away from the hobo. Something tells me if he's crazy, Aaron won't exactly be able to prevent the ensuing rape/murder. I'm also not particularly keen on being in the middle of a conflict with Benton and Aaron. But then again, I might be in a better position to mediate if things go sour.

We also should keep in mind what the other group would look like in these choices. For instance, if I pick C, then that means that we have a supreme gentleman, a gangbanger, and a possibly unhinged vagrant together.

I'll vote B, but I suppose my character just wants to avoid Edgar for now. Partly out of shame, partly out of fear.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Well, not to kill you. But alright, seeing as how I don't relish the thought of travelling with a congoid, I'll flop to A. Even if it means my death, it's better than having to put up with black people smell.

Baltika9

Arcane
And for the record, I'm not voting A in hopes of Aaron dying. I just want to stay away from the crazy dweeb.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
To give a bit of an idea about what is to come, since this format is still new, the potential hotspots in the next update will be between Aaron and Benton, Caitlyn and Edgar. Personal choices will be offered. Conflict can be avoided if they're not on the same team, but there's no guarantee they'll get along well with any of the others either.

Tigranes

Arcane
The homeless man hasn’t said a word so far, not even when Caitlyn’s thoughts were broadcasted to him. The only thing he is offering is an unwavering, silent stare, locked onto the girl.

:lol:

Uh-oh.

Well, I'm not sure what sort of challenges I'll face there, but I'm staying the fuck away from the hobo. Something tells me if he's crazy, Aaron won't exactly be able to prevent the ensuing rape/murder. I'm also not particularly keen on being in the middle of a conflict with Benton and Aaron. But then again, I might be in a better position to mediate if things go sour.

We also should keep in mind what the other group would look like in these choices. For instance, if I pick C, then that means that we have a supreme gentleman, a gangbanger, and a possibly unhinged vagrant together.

I'll vote B, but I suppose my character just wants to avoid Edgar for now. Partly out of shame, partly out of fear.

A voice pops up in Caitlyn's thoughts:

"Wait a second, if we go with 1, 2 and 6... crap, that means it's me and Edgar alone in the other group. I'm not sure about that. I mean, it's not that I'm stereotyping him, but I need to be safe, right? I need a safe environment-"

C.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
And then, Donna’s smiling face bulges outwards suddenly, as if there is a balloon being inflated rapidly within the skull, deforming it.
And that'll happen to anyone who so much as thinks about offing us. This was justice. :salute:

Now, if I had to choose between a hobo and a gangsta as my companions, I'd choose something that has a -tan in it. A.

Hey, Cait, I thought about killing Edgar too. If he misbehaves, we still outnumber him. We can do this!

Last edited:

m4davis

Scholar
Going to join team Benton for purposes of keeping the teams relatively even sorry for leaving for most spiral but just got really busy and had a hard time keeping up with the excessive DISCUSS on top of that. Not sure what to vote yet it really comes down to if this elevators going to kill or save the people in or out of it or if its just to split us up.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Current tally:

Aaron - A
Nevill - A
Azira - A
Lambchop19 - A

Benton - C
Baltika9 - C
Kipeci - B
m4davis - C

Caitlyn

Esquilax - B
Absinthe
Tigranes - C

Edgar - C

a bear named spigot - C
Kz3r0 - C
ScubaV - A

Francesca - C

Grimgravy - C
wjw - C

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
m4davis, what's your stance as Benton? Also, we need one more person for Francesca, any lurkers out there who want to take the spot?

m4davis

Scholar
Guess I will go for A no real reason to divide ourselves right now and I haven't seen anything that gives any hints as to what exactly this will do besides move people.
Edit: Going for about the same reasons as you since it fits and if I did write a unique 1 it would be functionally the same if thats what you meant.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Not sure what to vote yet it really comes down to if this elevators going to kill or save the people in or out of it or if its just to split us up.
I think we can safely assume that no deaths are going to occur as a result of this decision, at least if any decision is made. The premise is to have an experiment, and what is the fun of breaking half of the toys before you even played with them? The first death was 'necessary' as a way to make us accept the rules and that there will be consequences for breaking them. They have made theior point, there is no need to make yet another one so soon.

I mean, sure, the 'owners' of this facility are psychos, but they have been fairly transparent so far.

What I think they intend to do is to split our group and continue to pit us against one another as they herd us towards some goal. That's what the experiment seems to be about, at least on the surface.

If so, perhaps avoiding unnecessary tension (and severe beatings) is our chance to make it farther than we otherwise would.

Also, we need one more person for Francesca, any lurkers out there who want to take the spot?
Hmmm. Cassidy? Jesus would have approved of Donna's last speech. :lol:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
C - This is all just to gosh darn much. I want to stay away from all these crazy heathens!

m4davis

Scholar
Honestly don't think that the liberal arts student is all that likely to be of your religion either but then again its a lot easier to kill 1 dissenter then 2.
Edit: just saying this I have no desire to seriously help anyone survive or fulfill there ambitions but Benton right now

C

i ain't getting in a cage with both the people what wants to kill me, ain't no way. Aaron seems the most spineless and pathetic, less likely to try anything if it's just him with me and Benton

Baltika9

Arcane
Edit: just saying this I have no desire to seriously help anyone survive or fulfill there ambitions but Benton right now
What are our ambitions as Benton, though, besides survival? Are we open to cooperating with the others, or are we just out for number one?
Personally, I'm open to working with the hobo and the vegan lady, just because they seem the least likely to fuck our character over. Well, for now.

m4davis

Scholar
I can agree to being open to working with those 2 Hobo seems friendly and vegan wouldn't dare try to hurt a living thing yet. As for ambitions this can of course change but right now I think survival is at the top of the list with shutting Aaron up being a fairly distant second of course assuming we aren't kept in communication with them any way A will go a long way for this.

Kipeci

Arcane
I think I'd go for B. Mr. KKK needs to be taught a little lesson in respect before he comes up with some sort of wormy plot. He'll be at his best behavior within the range of Benton's fists, I feel.

What are our ambitions as Benton, though, besides survival? Are we open to cooperating with the others, or are we just out for number one?
Personally, I'm open to working with the hobo and the vegan lady, just because they seem the least likely to fuck our character over. Well, for now.

i know you can hear my thoughts boy, you and me can keep the yellow kid in check, vote C

Baltika9

Arcane
Flopping to C:
'Ayy, he right. I don't really trust the cold ho neither, let dem bitches ride up, dat moron an' I gotta talk. An' I don' wanna leave dat hobo with them punks, us street rats gotta stick together.'
Kipeci, m4davis, what do you think of flopping to C?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom