Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress [LP CYOA] Tower

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Bandwagon. :salute:

Though part of me wants to stick close to Liz. So I'll make it a B>E vote.

Kipeci

Arcane
The only problem is that the family seem to be looking for something more aspirational for us to do than housework and I don’t know if getting loaded up on mystery drugs and treatments as a lab rat is what they had in mind

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The [...] family seem to be looking for something more aspirational for us to do than housework and [...] getting loaded up on mystery drugs...
...is how we unlock Astras and the secrets of DEMONZ (and their tentacles).

Second best decision of the game so far, right after the one that got us the Astra and a puppy bond in the first place. :salute:
No need to go the Red Son route.
Oh, I'd be all for going the Red Son route.
But I feel obligated to press every button with Rain on it.
button.png

Elves, standing in the way of revolutions since time immemorial. :argh:

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Flopping to A>!B as a protest vote. I genuinely think that becoming a lab rat isn't a good idea.

Nevill

Arcane
I am not voting for that only because is out of character
out of character
They were looking for someone to catalogue and organize writings of their fellows
Character choices so far:
B. Accept Father McClellan’s hospitality and stay with him while helping out with church and school.
A. You focus on studying and making up for your lack of education. The ease at which you take to your diligent study suggests intelligence which has been neglected thus far.
B. Can’t get enough of H.G. Wells. The fantastical elements of adventure found in stories such as The Time Machine and The War of the Worlds really speaks to your imagination.
A. Choose the book.
A. You go through the books in the hut to see if there is anything interesting to read.
A. You accept Tlalli’s offer and pick two books.
D. Converse with Papus. He mentioned that he is a scholar of sorts when it comes to the occult; you might be able to learn a thing or two from him.
I dunno what to tell you, mate.
scratch-one-s-head.gif

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Ugh. Disfigured country bumpkin in the city. The commies will take anyone willing to work cheap. We should more self esteem than to accept that offer even though rooting through books has merit. Lab rat doesn't sound great, but at least we have some experience and interest in astras. Art? Yeah right. Trade? Maybe. At least we have a basic understanding of math and it might help us with the Baythers.

D>E>B

Baltika9

Arcane
lol but you think communism is
Considering our origins, I can see us going down the Kropotkin-Bakunin Anarchist route. I'm sure that our savvy ranger can pull off a decent Nestor Makhno with a horse carriage and a Maxim gun. This beats being a lab rat or a janitor.

But seriously, I was pushing for a Scholar/Hunter ever since we picked up reading, and I was pushing for a political character ever since the CYOA started. Regardlelss of my own convictions, the reason I want Wrinkly and Rain to dip their toes into the left-wing scene is because I think that it will make a very interesting story.

Communism and Anarchism really kicked off during this century, and cataloging IKM's libraries will let us get our hands on a lot of good literary works; left-wing scholars were famously erudite. We could even meet some famous historical characters, see what treave's take on them is.

Oh, and:
Elven baby Stalin intensifies.
:love:
How can we not? C'mon bros, it'll be a grand ol' time!

What's the likelihood of us kicking off a communist revolution in the Tower?

30 updates later...
+M

Last edited:

Kipeci

Arcane
Gonna defect to A > B actually

Ironically enough this commie book organizing seems better as a starting career vs. being a test subject, and although our skillset is fantastic for the latter I can’t see our host family being too impressed with paying maids to liberate time so that we can just be some lab rat.

Also, secretaries and librarians seem to have good track record for securing leadership around communists...

Baltika9

Arcane
===Tally===

A - 8
B - 8 (9)
C - 0
D - 1 (0)
E - 2

Baltika9 - A>!B
baud - A
Nevill - A
Tigranes - A
ItsChon - A
Orbit - A
Kz3r0 - A
asxetos - A

ChumBucket - B
hello friend - B
Kalarion - B
Kipeci - B>A
Lambchop19 - B>E
Azira - B>E
CappenVarra - B
Life of the Party - B

Grimgravy - D>E>B

ERYFKRAD - E
oscar - E

===

Comrades, plz.

Tigranes, baud, I'm not clear on your votes, if any.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Comrades, plz.
*sigh* Very well. There is a beginning to the revolution; there is not an end to it.

On two conditions.
First, we execute the bourgeois counter-revolutionary elements, starting with Liz' family.
Second, we rename our Shield Astra to Iron Curtain.

"But why Iron Curtain?" I hear you asking. Ah, I knew there would be no objections on the first point!

Flopping to...
A. The Institute of Karl Marx

Tigranes

Arcane
A & B at least seem like we'll be thrown interesting work, as opposed to the janitor.

I don't think some cavorting with politicking types means we have to become a frothing revolutionary. Rather it's a way of getting access to more intellectual, dissident, etc. sides of the city, whereas B would get us some astra knowledge.

In the absence of a clear flag, A because I prefer political intrigue to supernatural stuff.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Flopping to A. for Tigranes's reason. Uridummu is cool, but if joining the institute means we're going to speed up the supernatural shit, I'm good.

That should tie the vote up to 6-6 between A & B assuming Baud was voting for A.

Orbit

Scholar
While maxing our cleaning mop skill with C and D is quite tempting communism trumps everything. Hail Winnie Pooh, my comrades. A

Baltika9

Arcane
The commies will take anyone willing to work cheap. We should more self esteem than to accept that offer even though rooting through books has merit. Lab rat doesn't sound great, but at least we have some experience and interest in astras.
I dunno, it sounds to me like every option has us doing minimum wage labor of one sort or another. The difference lies in which doors (if any) these options will open for us. Which is why I want to join the cool counter-cultural boys and girls of the KMI, see if they won't take us in after a bit and actually teach us some philosophy and economics and help us become a Hunter/Scholar.

As for self-respect, I dunno man, B sounds like the in-universe equivalent of participating in those private pharma lab tests for quick cash. Doesn't sound very dignified to me.

And there's a non-zero possibility that Uridimmu's presence could lead to us being strapped to a table and be forced to participate in experiments that are harmful to our health by unscrupulous scientists. I don't want to repeat the scare-mongering we went through when facing the Frathouse with Jing, but I think that my caution is warranted considering ours and Rain's unique situations.

In other words:
We could be the "Million dollar man", but no. You want marxism? :codexisfor:
Or, we could end up as 'Failed Experiment #325.'
My treacherous heart flops again,
source.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom