Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress [LP CYOA] Tower

ChumBucket

Augur
Well, Kipeci, I will try to give you a meta narrative breakdown for each choice:
A: Explores the political and social upheavals of the early parts of the last century. Probably has lots of intrigue.
B: Focuses on self improvement and growth within society. Better prepares us for entering into the hunters association. Gives off a David Copperfield sort of vibe. If we continue on the Hunter's association path will be better prepared for a life of high adventure.
C: Focuses on the failing health of our childhood friend. Focuses on loyalty and love. Will give us insight into the inner workings of healthcare in the world of the tower. If Kz3r0r is right, and she is turning into a vampire, will probably have Victorian horror themes.

All will no doubt develop our skills appropriately for the decision so I wouldn't let that worry you too much.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Missed the alerts for the last update, should I vote for B or C
B has us attending a school on Tlalli's recommendation. Finishing it implies preferential treatment when getting recruited into the Hunter's Association.

C has us joining the hospital as an apprentice orderly on the recommendation of Liz's parents.

I'm not the best advocate for either, since I'm advocating for 1A and getting into politics, so I'll give you the best arguments from other posters.

since i was born with a heart full of neutrality, i can see the other choices as having upsides:
- choosing Lenin might result in dreary updates with no future, but the replies from Lambchop are sure to be... amusing
- choosing the hospital will... uhm, allow us to ogle pretty nurses and peep at doctor's orgies, unlocking the secret hentai path?

however, none of these come close to getting our poor feral child a prestigious education that few get a chance at

just accept that a CHA 3 character will never be a political player, or will only manage to become a very minor one at debilitating opportunity cost - we might get +1 political level with the same investment that would get us +3 or more hunter levels, our starting background pretty much guarantees it

let's play the cards we've been dealt (and that we have chosen for the most part), and get ready to hunt some goddamn monsters already

let's learn some top-shelf skills at one of the best schools possible, and leave soiled linen to others - hospitals are not the army, you don't start as an orderly's buttbuy and work your way up the ranks - you finish some top schools and then you can start to practice medicine if that's what you want ffs

When in doubt, back to the update! What would we actually do in each of these options?

A:
Ulyanov had a great plan in mind for both the Tower and the world, and he was currently looking for talent to achieve that plan.

We'd be talent hunting. Sounds like a nice way to get around, meet new people, and see more of the city, so that seems to be the clear positive.

B:
Graduation from this school would help the chances of you being accepted into the Association, as it taught a variety of subjects and skills relevant to that profession.

Obviously, this invitation is something we'd be hard pressed to get otherwise. So we can expect a more elite education here that isn't available to any riffraff off the streets.

C:
You would be expected to apprentice as an orderly there.

Unlike A & B, there's nobody that actually is looking out for us here to teach us or give us interesting work. So I doubt we'd get to do something fun - we're not booksmart for medicine nayway. I expect the best we can hope for is to spot something irregular in the hospital, e.g. regarding Liz, and get involved.

Frankly, if we're purely in it to beef up Wrinkly's skills and resources, B is probably the way to go. And C is a very clear choice to give a lot of that up for some vague hope of helping Liz, though that's sort of how we also decided to end up here.
You haven't seen Elizabeth in weeks - she had been admitted to the hospital and from what the Baythers say, it is likely to be a long stay... perhaps permanent, if she's unlucky.
Remember why we came here?

I guess not.

FYI, kids, people don't usually stay in a hospital permanently. "Permanently" usually means "until they die".

1C - YOU SELFISH, GOLDFISH-ATTENTION-SPANNED PRICKS!

2C, predicting Rain will be of use when helping Liz and also may help others in the hospital.

Edit: I'd be going 1B if 1A wasn't an option, though. If Liz is a vampire, we can't help her. If she's seriously ill, I doubt we'll be able to offer her anything a seasoned medical professional can't.

Last edited:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

If Liz is a vampire, we can't help her.
If Liz is a vampire, we can help her with our blood and have a semi-sexy vampire romance. :M

She's probably not one though.

Probably.
If she's seriously ill, I doubt we'll be able to offer her anything a seasoned medical professional can't.
*A doctor in 1900, you mean. Not the same as a doctor today.

No, I think anything from elven magic to us discovering some herb or astra could help. Or we could meet someone that might give us a clue. Don't know until we try.

At this point, I'm ok with either option. I view BC as a correction of the commie deviation and CC as more in character.

Baltika9

Arcane
No, I think anything from elven magic to us discovering some herb or astra could help. Or we could meet someone that might give us a clue. Don't know until we try.
If Rain can heal her with elvish magic magically, how come has she not done so yet? She had a year and us cleaning bedpans, pushing wheelchairs and restraining unruly patients while Rain sits in the waiting room until we finish our shift won't unlock her 'special powers.'

As for the rest, it's equally likely that we can persuade Dzugashvili to scare the illness out of her.

:lol:

Last edited:

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ah I see. Makes sense.
I serve the multinational Communitarian Council of Codexian Players.

:salute:

I even found a nice logo for us:
flat,550x550,075,f.u6.jpg
It's not as good as the one Wrinkly can make, but I hope it meets Comrade Commissar Lambchop's strict standards.

Are those up to Lambchop's standards?
GoWtw9S.png

HqMjsBm.png

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I am not sure whether to feel incredibly insulted over being omitted from the ranks of the most ardent supporters of the revolution...
Z4QVwdnn_o.jpg
...or increasingly uneasy. :M

Kipeci

Arcane
OK these pictures have sent my doubts to gulag

A > B for first choice
Second choice doesn’t matter

More seriously, with sanitation as it is in the time barring some Astra bullshit and no clue of how human disease impacts elves I don’t want to have Rain hanging out at the hospital. Given that we’re overwhelmingly voting to glue her to the hip, can’t be there.

OK these pictures have sent my doubts to gulag

A > B for first choice
Second choice doesn’t matter

More seriously, with sanitation as it is in the time barring some Astra bullshit and no clue of how human disease impacts elves I don’t want to have Rain hanging out at the hospital. Given that we’re overwhelmingly voting to glue her to the hip, can’t be there.
Voting to have her come to the hospital was an effort to see if we could have her manifest some sort of elven healing magic to help Liz.

There’s not a plague at the moment and she’s en fun around humans her whole life.

Not sure why you think having Rain help with a communist revolution is a better idea though as far her as safely is concerned...

Kipeci

Arcane
Elves seem to be some sort of natives to the area and native people generally get wrecked by disease from more populated parts of the world. Thus far she’s lived with us in rural nowheres and briefly here but it’s another step up to keep her at some disgusting hospital for this larger city where a ton of sick people are coming and we’re probably cleaning bedpans, lancing boils and swatting crap she shouldn’t eat out of her mouth without so much as washing our hands in between.

Elves seem to be some sort of natives to the area and native people generally get wrecked by disease from more populated parts of the world. Thus far she’s lived with us in rural nowheres and briefly here but it’s another step up to keep her at some disgusting hospital for this larger city where a ton of sick people are coming and we’re probably cleaning bedpans, lancing boils and swatting crap she shouldn’t eat out of her mouth without so much as washing our hands in between.
Except we’ve been living in a city for months with zero problems despite bringing home who knows what with us.

You’re also assuming elves can even contract human diseases so easily. Diseases generally have a rough time crossing species effectively and when they do, they’re often very weak.

It’s not like she’s a human native with 100% compatibility with a disease. Again, assuming elves don’t have some super immune system.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I am not sure whether to feel incredibly insulted over being omitted from the ranks of the most ardent supporters of the revolution...
Z4QVwdnn_o.jpg
...or increasingly uneasy. :M

I didn't really took into account who's supporting what, I mostly took profile pics from last page that I could paste on a nice propaganda picture, since those are for the Communitarian Council of Codexian Players. I wanted to add Lambchop, but his portrait didn't fit.

Kipeci

Arcane
Sure we’ve been in a city, but we haven’t been right close and personal taking care of the concentrated very sickest of the place and managing their fluids with Rain right there at our side. I don’t know what her immune system is like (shit can jump from bats to people and all so different species is not necessarily a bar even if she is) but I’d rather not rely on elf magic she may or may not have to be our primary barrier keeping a toddler healthy staying inside a 19th century hospital all day as her caretaker practically swims in vile fluids.

Baltika9

Arcane
Here's today closeout tally. The stalemate between 1B and 1C was broken in 1B's favor, but not without resistance from Comrade Commissar Lambchop. In other news, thanks to support from Comrades Kipeci and baud, AC is now up one vote, continuing it's slow but steady climb up the ranks.

Is anyone willing to entertain supporting 1A after this shift? We welcome all comrades, new and old.

===Tally===

==1st choice==
A - 6 (2)
B - 7 (11)
C - 8

==2nd choice==

A - 0
B - 1
C - 19

Baltika9 - AC>BC
Nevill - AC
hellofriend - AC>BC>CC
Orbit - AC>BC
Kipeci - AX>BX
Oscar - AC

ChumBucket - BC>AC
CappenVarra - BC
Kz3r0 - BC
Nahel - BB
Grimgravy - BC>BB>CC
Azira - BC>CC
baud - BC

Kalarion - CC
Lambchop19 - CC>BC
asxetos - CC
ItsChon - CC>BC
Egosphere - CC
Nyx - CC
ERYFKRAD - CC
Life of the Party - CC

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I've been really busy this week and will continue to be so till the next. Will look to close votes on the 23rd.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The fire rises, and with it, the vote count for the revolution!
"We are fanning the flames of a world-wide fire!"
Now we just need Tigranes and Esquilax pitching in, a couple flops from the hospital crowd, and we can start looking for an Astra Cruiser named Aurora.
I'm sure that Al'tayyih friendship will come useful in 20 years when we're rampaging down the Tower on our pirate airship on a mission to blow up the whole place
Come on, men, you know you want to!

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
We welcome all comrades, new and old, living and dead.

EOeMbUsW4AEL2Ok.jpg

:salute:

Join us, Comrade Tigranes, it'll be a good time. You can blame me for everything that goes wrong.

Last edited:

Kz3r0

Arcane
Flopping to
BC

It’s more in character and if I am right about Liz she doesn’t really need our help and if I am right about Lenin he will search for us again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom