Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress [LP CYOA] Tower

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
treave B is up by one still, even after the most recent vote. Feel free to hold as long as you like, but I think most votes are in.
Wasn't holding, was having a busy couple weeks.
Let's go with B then.

treave B is up by one still, even after the most recent vote. Feel free to hold as long as you like, but I think most votes are in.
Wasn't holding, was having a busy couple weeks.
Let's go with B then.
dawg you think we gonna get any bitches and buggattis with a motherfucking quill man now thats some nerd shit playboy
Hmm...

B
B
usy
Bitches (in?)
Buggattis.

Well shit famalam, I guess maybe it was meant to B(e)

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
It's a crazy world right now. The dude has given us years of entertainment, so I'm grateful whether he updates or not. Especially since he hasn't nuked his account and taken his works down with it like others have.

I just hope the guy hasn't met the isekai truck and is still alive and kicking somewhere.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Still alive, but barely. Between work issues, family issues, sickness and the world generally going to hell in a handbasket, it's been real tough to get back to this place. :negative:
I'm not sure if I'll be able to continue this, and I'm not able to promise any regularity with updates unless I lose my job and get a whole lot of free time starting tomorrow... so for anyone still interested in the setting I can go ahead do a lore dump from my existing notes and Q&As, spoilers, the whole lot.

And I suppose at least this isn't some relative logging into my account informing you guys I'm dead so at least there's that. :dealwithit:

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Still alive, but barely. Between work issues, family issues, sickness and the world generally going to hell in a handbasket, it's been real tough to get back to this place. :negative:
I'm not sure if I'll be able to continue this, and I'm not able to promise any regularity with updates unless I lose my job and get a whole lot of free time starting tomorrow... so for anyone still interested in the setting I can go ahead do a lore dump from my existing notes and Q&As, spoilers, the whole lot.

And I suppose at least this isn't some relative logging into my account informing you guys I'm dead so at least there's that. :dealwithit:
Glad to hear you're still alive! Hope things look up for you in the future and one day we'll get a chance to experience more of your great work.

Kipeci

Arcane

I missed this since it’s a bit annoying to log in with the new authenticator thing so I don’t check in and see the notifications as easily. But if you’re still around, what’s the deal with Rain’s mystery and that of Urudimmu? Was there any point we made a choice where you went dang that’s gonna make it hard to write moving forward like with the low int or something? Were any of the characters in the early part to be present in the time skip?

Torus

Novice
A bit sad to get the lore dump since it means it's completely over. But yeah I'm interested too even though I've just been lurking the story.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I missed this since it’s a bit annoying to log in with the new authenticator thing so I don’t check in and see the notifications as easily. But if you’re still around, what’s the deal with Rain’s mystery and that of Urudimmu?

Re: Rain and Urudimmu

To keep things simple, Rain can be considered the last descendant of the former administrators of the Tower, though for various reasons their people have been mostly locked out of its functions by the time the Tower appeared on Earth some 75,000 years ago. The Tower itself was originally intended as an ark of sorts, but in crossing time and space it inadvertently became a conduit to other dimensions. Urudimmu as well as his brethren are from one such dimension. As to whether or not these otherworldly dimensions were the source of religion and myth, or if they were influenced by the collective id of humanity, is something I hadn't decided on yet one way or another.

Was there any point we made a choice where you went dang that’s gonna make it hard to write moving forward like with the low int or something?
Not at all. Sadly, I struggled more with my schedule and inability to update more than anything else.

Were any of the characters in the early part to be present in the time skip?
Definitely. I toyed with the idea of making Sophie a maid for the residence assigned to von Falkenhayn initially, but decided to let her be a Hunter instead. As an aside, the maid was instead going to be the sweetheart of one of the men who died under Falkenhayn's command.

Kipeci

Arcane
I missed this since it’s a bit annoying to log in with the new authenticator thing so I don’t check in and see the notifications as easily. But if you’re still around, what’s the deal with Rain’s mystery and that of Urudimmu?

Re: Rain and Urudimmu

To keep things simple, Rain can be considered the last descendant of the former administrators of the Tower, though for various reasons their people have been mostly locked out of its functions by the time the Tower appeared on Earth some 75,000 years ago. The Tower itself was originally intended as an ark of sorts, but in crossing time and space it inadvertently became a conduit to other dimensions. Urudimmu as well as his brethren are from one such dimension. As to whether or not these otherworldly dimensions were the source of religion and myth, or if they were influenced by the collective id of humanity, is something I hadn't decided on yet one way or another.

Was there any point we made a choice where you went dang that’s gonna make it hard to write moving forward like with the low int or something?
Not at all. Sadly, I struggled more with my schedule and inability to update more than anything else.

Were any of the characters in the early part to be present in the time skip?
Definitely. I toyed with the idea of making Sophie a maid for the residence assigned to von Falkenhayn initially, but decided to let her be a Hunter instead. As an aside, the maid was instead going to be the sweetheart of one of the men who died under Falkenhayn's command.
Someone messed up and forgot the passcode… what was her mom trying to do that led to her getting wasted by that beast? What was she trying to say to us as her last words? Did Rain have a “real” name, and- as a descendant of these administrators, would she or any organs she spared to some cultist have had particularly keen capabilities within the Tower? Or just pointy ears and a lot of grief for her. :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom