Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LP Lyric Suite:Arcanum incline(Real choice)

To do or notto do.

• Procede good sir.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terribad English and over the top quirkyness?No thanks.

• Goddamn Italians.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Black

Arcane
Kz3r0 said:
Black said:
Why do you keep Dante around?
Do you have better suggestions?
GEE, NO NEED TO GET DEFENSIVE, MARIO. It's just that Dante seemed like only a character for that quest you had done. Does he have any useful lines? Is he useful or do you just keep him for carrying stuff?

I think good old Geoffrey has some interesting lines and insights, for example in the Ancient Temple.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Black said:
Kz3r0 said:
Black said:
Why do you keep Dante around?
Do you have better suggestions?
GEE, NO NEED TO GET DEFENSIVE, MARIO. It's just that Dante seemed like only a character for that quest you had done. Does he have any useful lines? Is he useful or do you just keep him for carrying stuff?

I think good old Geoffrey has some interesting lines and insights, for example in the Ancient Temple.
Dante is a good melee fighter, has a higher magical affinity than Virgil, thus taking complete advantage of magical weaponry and which healing spells work more times on a technological character, without mentioning his hate for Bruthas.
Geodfrey is just for flavor, combat-wise is useless and recruiting him will be a pain in the ass.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Azael said:
Great LP. This has made me interesting in replaying Arcanum as a scheming, greedy Jew Gnome (is there another kind?)
:salute:
Thank you good sir.

Kz3r0

Arcane
AoW1_Heroes_80x100_Halfling_Priestess.jpg
"While at the cemetery we decide to gain another level.
I will spare you all the comnbat and just show the aftermath."

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Infantryman

Scholar
Kz3r0 said:

:yeah:

Wow, I didn't know there's an unlimited supply of zombies in Ashbury's cemetery. It's even better than Tarantian or Kaladonian severs.

And how are you healing yourself? Virgil probably is not of much use at that point. Jayna Stiles is a pretty good technological healer, but perhaps not very decent fighter.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Infantryman said:
Kz3r0 said:

:yeah:

Wow, I didn't know there's an unlimited supply of zombies in Ashbury's cemetery. It's even better than Tarantian or Kaladonian severs.

And how are you healing yourself? Virgil probably is not of much use at that point. Jayna Stiles is a pretty good technological healer, but perhaps not very decent fighter.
Male25.jpg
"Wymenz in mah Arcanum?LULZ!!!"

AoW1_Heroes_80x100_Halfling_Priestess.jpg
"Zombies will continue to respawn until you retrieve the Malachi Rench' s gem,and it's not that they are much of a threat at this point, also our technological affinity is low enough for healing spells to work, especially Dante ones."

Infantryman

Scholar
I see. On a side note, I always considered to be strange the fact that killing evil monsters gives a decent amount of XPs, while you get almost no experience points for killing 'good guys', like town guards.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Infantryman said:
I see. On a side note, I always considered to be strange the fact that killing evil monsters gives a decent amount of XPs, while you get almost no experience points for killing 'good guys', like town guards.
Well, aside the usual 'good' is always more rewarding, maybe they wanted to avoid too much dickish behavior.
However my dumb evil half-ogre left Shrouded Hills at level ten and with ten thousand gold coins after killing everyone.

baronjohn

Cipher
If you steal the junk trader's key while he's sleeping (automatic success even if you have 0 pickpocket skill), you can leave Shrouded Hills with MILLIONS.

Infantryman

Scholar
Ah, yes. I played as a dumb half-ogre once and the game was extremely easy. Despite he had 1 IN (background: boxer), the characters talked with him so that the plot progresses as it should despite his complete inanity. Everyone dies after one or two hits. Actually, people without armor are dismembered after the first hit with bare fist. And at level ~20 all your fighting stats are maxed out (prowling, melee, ST, CN, DX) and there's not much more to develop (apart from brain cells :smug:).

Kz3r0

Arcane
Infantryman said:
Ah, yes. I played as a dumb half-ogre once and the game was extremely easy. Despite he had 1 IN (background: boxer), the characters talked with him so that the plot progresses as it should despite his complete inanity. Everyone dies after one or two hits. Actually, people without armor are dismembered after the first hit with bare fist. And at level ~20 all your fighting stats are maxed out (prowling, melee, ST, CN, DX) and there's not much more to develop (apart from brain cells :smug:).
I hit a dead end there, namely finding Qintarra, until I discovered that the elven healer in Shrouded Hills was immortal, no matter how many times you kill her, she is always there when you return,same for the gnome in Ashbury, he can be killed only by his designed assassin it seems.

Infantryman

Scholar
These train tickets are horribly expensive. I always traveled on foot to save money. It's not that you're under the pressure of time in this game anyway.

I see that you're finally coming to slaughter some magical elven hippies :incline:.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Infantryman said:
These train tickets are horribly expensive. I always traveled on foot to save money. It's not that you're under the pressure of time in this game anyway..
It's more convenient, especially when you are building your character, at this point with Cleve and Ghostdog perilous encounters are not a concern anymore.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom