Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LUND, YOU TREACHEROUS CUNT

dUsPkVc.png

Even with brofists gone Infinitron manages to harvest them.

I subconsciously tried to brofist that and ended up clicking on "Top". :(

himmy

Arcane
Cool, now that postcounts will be the only quantifiable way to determine status, I am looking forward to an increase in shitposts and one word/smiley posts.

St. Toxic

Arcane
It's true, of course, but now people will have to pile on to agree with someone and it'll probably further bloat threads without adding actual content. No idea what the fist-purge is about this time, but if it's brought back perhaps we could do without the counter or specific user names involved and rather just have an abstract representation of a crowd gathering below a post?

Egyptian+demonstrators+gather+in+the+streets+of+Qena%252C+Egypt%252C+following+a+call+by+Islamist+groups+for+a+one+million+people+rally.jpg

flabbyjack

Arcane
How will I know if I have the precious approval (and therefore self-validation) of my fellow codexers? A small part of me looks forward to checking the codex daily and seeing 'X has brofisted your post!'.

I guess I'll just need to follow my own internal compass of what is awesome and what is not...

St. Toxic

Arcane
I guess I'll just need to follow my own internal compass

Don't worry, you'll still get alerts with people quoting a tiny section of your post out of context, or just tagging your name, in order to tell you how right or wrong you are but little else. Codex groupthink isn't going anywhere and neither are the factions.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Cool, now that postcounts will be the only quantifiable way to determine status, I am looking forward to an increase in shitposts and one word/smiley posts.
I'm looking forward to you getting 50% of your posts somewhere other than the beg thread.

Hiisi

Savant
I was going to make a joke about why would you want to post anything without brofists, but then I realized I wouldn't get brofists for that either.

:negative:

throwaway

Cipher
So since I'm not a full citizen what's the current implementation?
Also, maybe it's worth having something similar to what slashdot has? It'd enable constructive-Sensuki-re-PoE posts to be differentiated from the huehues.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
We need to start thinking of the true victims of this change.

Won't anybody think of poor anus_pounder? What will he do with his life now that he can no longer fist? What about all the anuses lives he touched with his fists? It is truly a sad, sad day.
anus_pounder was last seen: Jul 20, 2014

He's gone, men. Only death could keep him from pounding anus. He's fisting in heavan now.

A horse of course

It feels really fucking weird to keep going to the brofist button and finding nothing there. Like some phantom dong, flapping limply in an ethereal breeze.

Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
We need to start thinking of the true victims of this change.

Won't anybody think of poor anus_pounder? What will he do with his life now that he can no longer fist? What about all the anuses lives he touched with his fists? It is truly a sad, sad day.
anus_pounder was last seen: Jul 20, 2014

He's gone, men. Only death could keep him from pounding anus. He's fisting in heavan now.
:(

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
I had too a perfect ratio slightly over 1:1. But I'm glad if they reintroduce the old rating system.

I find it more pertinent. You can tell if a post is racist, or gay, or the expression of butthurt, or if you agree or simply like or :M .

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
I do like reading old threads and wondering what motivated people to post funny shit without the rewards we have now had.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom