Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mage: The Ascension 20th Anniversary Edition

Alex

Arcane
Hey guys, I just saw that the kickstarter for the deluxe version of the 20th anniversary edition of Mage: The Ascension is online. If anyone is interested, you can check it out here.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hey guys, I just saw that the kickstarter for the deluxe version of the 20th anniversary edition of Mage: The Ascension is online. If anyone is interested, you can check it out here.
Are they kickstarting a Deluxe Edition of the Guide to the Technocracy too?

Alex

Arcane

Not for a good while, I think, but the books supposedly will have information so you can make technocratic mages as players if you want too.

Alex

Arcane
By the way, the kickstarter is funded already.

Also, it is more expensive than the Vampire Deluxe book, but it apparently has more pages in it too.

crawlkill

Kill all boxed game owners. Kill! Kill!
$135 for the printed book? Wow.

And for the non-USA - 160$. Fuck me, right?[/quote]

It's not their fault that shipping sucks. I don't think it's anyone's fault. It's just expensive as fuck to move individual things around the planet. They've written a number of blogs about the many woes of Kickstarter, and one of the big issues is that shipping is just totally out of control. If they try to absorb the cost themselves, shipped goods cost them money.

We can only hope. Did you read the revised Conventionbooks they finally released in 2013? They're pretty wonderful and you should definitely grab em if you're a Technocracy fan. Pretty much establish once and for all that the Technocrats are the heroes of the setting and the Trads are a bunch of crazed, elitist terrorists, as if that hadn't been obvious for several editions now. But their whole arc was about how the Technocracy's basically been liberated from the calcification of the Inner Circle in light of the Avatar Storm, and with that not being the default setting of M20, they'll be pretty invalidated by anyone who doesn't wanna use that brutal option.

They've said they have no current plans to release new Tradbooks or anything. But we will be getting a Digital Web 3.0, which must be the most-needed supplement...imaginable, because the last one was written in goddamn 1998 or something. The Technocracy is actually getting coverage in the M20 corebook, though, unlike in Revised where detail was entirely absent.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Did you read the revised Conventionbooks they finally released in 2013? They're pretty wonderful and you should definitely grab em if you're a Technocracy fan. Pretty much establish once and for all that the Technocrats are the heroes of the setting and the Trads are a bunch of crazed, elitist terrorists, as if that hadn't been obvious for several editions now.
This is what technocrats actually believe

crawlkill

Kill all boxed game owners. Kill! Kill!
This is what technocrats actually believe

repeatability, man, it's the only good thing Enlightened have ever done

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom