Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

MandaloreGaming thread to stop messing up the Sseth thread.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut

Here's a commentary for Infinitron. It's a good video by a good personality.

Last edited:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Setting wise it looks cool
Sure, clearly inspired by Dune but also doing enough of its own thing to not be an actual rip-off

Might give it a try, specially seeing as I've yet to play an RTS

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

Damn
The game was on 80% discount sale at GOG

This is really one those games I need to complete
I had it on my old toaster, back in 2014/2015, but didn't get to the point where the alien became part of regular gameplay
Then I bought my current desktop and never re-installed...

Just watch Aliens and play some Game and Watch games on the side

Caim

Arcane
Dead Space remake.

Good gameplay, visuals are improved if a bit off at times, character models are weird and the story (aside from a talking Isaac) is Dead Space 3/10.

No edgy jokes about people hanging themselves in the gender neutral bathroom.

Next up: Callisto Protocol

Ravielsk

Magister
Dead Space remake.

Good gameplay, visuals are improved if a bit off at times, character models are weird and the story (aside from a talking Isaac) is Dead Space 3/10.

One thing that I noticed in the video is that I had to often do a double take of whether I was looking at the original or the remake. Sometimes I was legitimately not sure before I looked closer because the entirety of Dead Space 1 was built on shadow play so for most of the time the increase in polygon count is quite literary invisible.
To me this just further proves the redundancy of such a remake even if it was literary a 1 to 1 recreation.

Dead Space remake.

One thing that I noticed in the video is that I had to often do a double take of whether I was looking at the original or the remake. Sometimes I was legitimately not sure before I looked closer because the entirety of Dead Space 1 was built on shadow play so for most of the time the increase in polygon count is quite literary invisible.
To me this just further proves the redundancy of such a remake even if it was literary a 1 to 1 recreation.

It's not redundant when you have to sell PS5s.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Dead Space remake.

No kidding, the excessively detailed art takes the spooky and surreal atmosphere of the original away. This remake is basically an upgraded downgrade, or a Verschlimmbesserung.

Caim

Arcane
What if Dead Space was also Dark Messiah and Gothic, and had a PUBG-shaped hole in it.

Looks pretty at times though.

Baron Dupek

Arcane

this game, at the first sight, looks like those 2003-2007 era of AA tier games
then intro starts

you're in for a wild ride

Caim

Arcane
Yeah, that's some wild shit that can't seem to decide between being campy fun or Battlefleet Giger.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
i remember seeing genesis rising being released on steam like 16 years ago, and i recall people saying that it was a buggy mess, but i had no idea it was this much of a wondrous trainwreck

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Dead Space remake.

So Dead Space 1 campgain but with Dead Space 2 gameplay?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Another big one gone, maybe this time something more weird and obscure when he now have time for that..

430am

Educated
Remember those threads about separating FromSoft games from the JRPG forum? Looking at the fucking page here with this shit, sseth, vtubers, youtubers, etc it might be time to seriously consider making an e-celeb discussion forum separate from the general shit.

Caim

Arcane
Remember those threads about separating FromSoft games from the JRPG forum? Looking at the fucking page here with this shit, sseth, vtubers, youtubers, etc it might be time to seriously consider making an e-celeb discussion forum separate from the general shit.
Technically Cleve is an e-celeb.

Kon!X13

Barely Literate
Have been awhile since I truly a enjoyed a Mandalore video at its fullest. The guy has been a meh for pretty much long time, when he started to get the full attention from the normies and thier likes…

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom