Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Card-Based Marvel's Midnight Suns - Marvel universe card-based tactical RPG from Firaxis

ArchAngel

Arcane
I had no interest in this game until the new trailers.

Now I'm excited for this as it looks to be a hilarious trainwreck in making.
It will certainly provide us with some entertaining drama for a day or so.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That Enter Sandman cover was rather metaphorical. Take the essence of something great (while ignoring the better choices in the catalog) and then reduce what you have to a beige nothingness. Present it to the audience and pretend it's something wonderful and new.

And do they use that shaved side of the head unironically? I mean, they have to know that it has ceased to be "edgy", if it ever was.
Another possible reason would be to push cosmetic DLC with another haircut.

This gameplay video was much better than the first one. It did showcase both types of movement (tied to card, and free), which my main complain.

I am not sure this brings anything better than Trials of Fire, Gloomhaven or Card hunter to the table (which were all pretty good IMO), apart from the Marvel characters, especially now that they replaced the usual Geoscape with playing therapist for Marvel characters.

Zeriel

Arcane
Jake you're gonna have to really up your pace if you want to make it to 18. Where's 3?!

It would be really nice if this will be canceled.

I want to buy a cheap second hand boxed version of this for target practice when they release it in 2025.
you think they'll bother with a boxed release, considering the expected shovelware quality of that game?

XCOM: Enemy Unknown looked like a Xbox Live game back when it came out...you better believe this game is getting a boxed release.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Is the first symbol warning that it has asexuality? Those damn asexuals ruining everything.

Zeriel

Arcane
Okay, so at a glance, from left to right:

WARNING: ASEXUALITY, Man Running From Gays, Overwatch, """aliens"""", heroin, coins with an umbilical cord, microtransactions

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
If I had to guess from left to right...
Sex, violence, ???, foul language, drugs, gambling, microtransactions. You know, what's in every game these days.
Worst Korea really needs to work on the readability of these damn things.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The handcuffs are probably criminality. I have no idea about the three lightning bolts.

Mazisky

Magister
Here the official meaning of those symbols:

grade1.gif
sexuality References to explicit depictions of sexual behavior, possibly including nudity
grade2.gif
violence References to scenes involving aggressive conflict, may contain blood scenes(realistic blood, gore, weapons, and depictions of human injury and death) / PvP or PK
grade3.gif
fear/horror/threatening References to horrifying action
grade4.gif
language References to inappropriate language (sexual, problematic social messages, abusive language, etc.)
grade5.gif
alcohol, tobacco, drug Reference to images of alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, illegal drug use
grade6.gif
crime,anti-societal or anti-governmental messages Reference to images of crime, anti-societal or anti-governmental messages
grade7.gif
gambling(betting) References to gambling or betting (speculation), simulated gambling

jf8350143

Liturgist
Do they have a updated release date yet?

For a game that was originally going to release two month ago, they are awfully quiet about it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Release date leak confirmed:

Hell’s army just got stronger. We’re gonna need some backup.

Marvel’s Midnight Suns, a tactical RPG from Firaxis Games and 2K, launches worldwide October 7, 2022.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom