Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect 2 : LP Complete, Releasing Control.

kazgar

Arcane
moar?

LusciousPear

Savant
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I think the Illusive Man would approve of saving the Krogan because they could help pwn the reapers.

I too was really disappointed with Grunt. Wrex was my favorite character in ME1.

I'll say, though, I finished ME2. I ragequit FO3 after 20 hours.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
State of Tuchanka not due to genophage. Nuclear winter caused by krogan before salarians made contact. Krogan choices. Refuse truce during Krogan Rebellions. Expand after Rachni Wars. Splinter after genophage. Genophage medical, not nuclear. No craters from virus. Damage caused by krogan, not salarians. Not me.

I found the look of Tuchanka to be quite retarded due to the history of the Krogan. I mean, it looks like the ruins a high tech society, with highways, tall skyscrapers. The krogans were always tribalistic in nature, waging war all the time, they wouldn't achieve the necessary technology and peaceful development needed for such a planet.

Soulforged

Scholar
Elhoim said:
I found the look of Tuchanka to be quite retarded due to the history of the Krogan. I mean, it looks like the ruins a high tech society, with highways, tall skyscrapers. The krogans were always tribalistic in nature, waging war all the time, they wouldn't achieve the necessary technology and peaceful development needed for such a planet.
Not true.

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Tuchanka

They evolved up to the point in which they discovered nuclear power. Though I think there's a contradiction further on, if RK47 does the appropriate conversation with Mordin he will state that the Salarians were the ones who gave the Krogans the ability to split the atom, as far as I can recall.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I'm sorry for the lack of updates. But...here goes nothing.

e.jpg
Clan Urdnot has increased in strength after the destruction of Clan Weyrloc. It appears the Urdnot raided the weakened Weyrloc base for leftover weapons and supplies.

m.jpg
Of course. Natural selection. Strong prey on the weak. Unsurprising.

104.jpg

sco.jpg
Said you yelled at him until he got his hump out of that base and back here. You've got a quad, human. Thanks for saving my scout. Saves me from having to train another one.

Fact: Krogans have quad-testicles.

s3.jpg
You see a lot of action here?

sco.jpg
Enough. Varren here and there, and snakes in any of the water safe enough to drink. We've got rival clans out there who want what Urdnot's got. We're always on guard.

s3.jpg
What does a scout commander do?

sco.jpg
We find out where the enemies are, and we make them thinkthat there are too many of us to screw with. Sometimes that means harassing the perimeter, taking out a generator or two. Other times, we play hide and seek. We leave lots of tracks, exaggerate our numbers.

s3.jpg
So every clan on Tuchanka enroaches on other clans' borders?

sco.jpg
Borders? This is Tuchan-KAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!). Our borders are determined by the range of our guns. We are what we are, human. If we didn't fire at them, they wouldn't take us seriously.

I guess it'll take ages before the Krogans stop acting like Feudal China.

s3.jpg
Don't your storehouses have automated defense?

sco.jpg
Why bother? Half of what we eat is vermint. And if we get hold of defense systems, we don't use them to guard grain. We've got weapons stockpiles to take care of. Beyond that, our women and children get security.

s3.jpg
Your enemies go after civilians?

sco.jpg
Easiest way to wipe out a clan. Women and kids can fight, but they're always outnumbered if another clan goes after them. If its women and children are killed, a clan's hope for the future is lost...it falls apart. As for us, we take prisoners if we can. Raise them ourselves. Their clan's loss is our gain.

s3.jpg
Taking care of your food supply would help more in the long run.

sco.jpg
If Clan Jurdon kills our guards and helps itself to our well-secured food, there won't be a long term. This is Tuchan-KAAAAAAAAA. Having power and clean water means we're living in luxury.

s3.jpg
Thanks for the info.

RK47

Patron
Let's get the Urdnot Shaman to help Grunt.

105.jpg

u.jpg
How do we know it will challenge him? He's unnatural! The beasts of the Rite could ignore him like a lump of plastic!

106.jpg

g.jpg
I'll speak for myself!

107.jpg

s3.jpg
I'm not fighting over this nonsense. Grunt's ready. Let's get to it.

sha.jpg
I like your dismissal of our rituals even less than Uvenk's challenges. And my word determines whether a rite will proceed.

u.jpg
If this must stand on trial, then I invoke a denial! My krantt stands against him! He has no one!

sha.jpg
My patience is tested, but Uvenk invokes correctly. Grunt, who is your krantt? Your allies willing to kill and die on your behalf?

s3.jpg
Grunt will strengthen Clan Urdnot. Name our target, and it will die.

sha.jpg
Spoken well! Most aliens - and some krogan -- do not understand our ways. I believe this human does.

108.jpg

109.jpg

110.jpg

Shepard headbutted Uvenk. Although in next shot. It looks like kissing.

111.jpg

u.jpg
You...You dare?

sha.jpg
Ba ha ha! I like this human! He understands!

u.jpg
I withdraw my denial. This will be decided elsewhere!

sha.jpg
You have provoked them. Reason enough for me to like you. They're your problem now.

s3.jpg
We've waited long enough -- tell us how this works.

sha.jpg
Still your impatience, Shepard. For now, know that Grunt will be tested..and that you must adapt.

s3.jpg
We're ready. Let's do this.

112.jpg

The shaman drove us to another ruin outside of the Urdnot camp.

113.jpg

114.jpg

115.jpg

sha.jpg
Who knows? You must adapt. You must thrive, no matter the situation. Any true krogan will.

After that, the Shaman left us to handle the Trial ourselves.

116.jpg

A tall tower over a desolate wasteland. Corpses of krogans litter the ground. Hitting the keystone will start the ritual.

117.jpg

118.jpg

A cylindrical weight rose as the winds started to blow.

119.jpg

And dropped with such a great impact. Awakening Tuchanka's beasts of fury. It has begun.

g.jpg
Here they come! I'm ready! I see them! They'll all die!

120.jpg

The first wave of varrens shouldn't pose any problem at all. Grunt's incendiary ammo is perfect against these.

121.jpg

A second impact shakes the surface.

122.jpg

Another beast rises.

123.jpg

However, the giant one only flew overhead, dropping its children upon us. Fire breathing Klixens.

124.jpg

It's getting warm in here.

125.jpg

They don't pose a threat when engaged from medium to long range, however. Their flame breath only works up close.

126.jpg

127.jpg

OK, that's the last one.

128.jpg

The third impact.

g.jpg
Feel that? Everything is...shaking. I am ready!

129.jpg

Blue feelers rose from the ground ,unsure at what to make of this, we opened fire.

130.jpg

A thresher maw. Spitting deadly acid from long range.

131.jpg

Five minutes countdown to survival? Too long. We only need three minutes to kill it. Time to pull out the death ray.

132.jpg

The thresher maw only has one acid spit attack. Kills in two hits. Shouldn't be a problem if Shepard constantly sidesteps from pillar cover. Any exposed part of the Thresher body is subjected to laser burn. Not too hard, even in Insanity.

133.jpg

There should be enough heavy ammo to scavenge to finish the thresher with the death ray.

g.jpg
We have company. Good. I want more.

134.jpg

g.jpg
My krantt gave me strength beyond my genes. Which are damned good.

135.jpg

s3.jpg
Come on, Uvenk. You want to try killing him, give it your best shot.

u.jpg
Not yet. This deserves consideration.

g.jpg
Why? I'm not getting any more natural.

u.jpg
You are powerful. You are a mistake, but your potential could tip the current balance of the clans.

g.jpg
You spit on my father's names! On Shepard's name! But now you stop ranting because I'm strong?

u.jpg
With restrictions. You could not breed, of course. Or serve on an alien ship. But you'd be clan in name.

136.jpg

Yeah, keep talking with your guns drawn. It's helping to convince me.

s3.jpg
You talk like he's a thing. You're after his powers. You don't really want him in your clan.

u.jpg
Of course not. I didn't really want to cooperate with clan Urdnot either, but I had to. Clan Gatagog is on the verge -- either of greatness or joining the dust.

Based on your retarded attempt at recruiting and diplomacy, I'm guessing it's the latter.

137.jpg

Fuck off.

s3.jpg
Grunt can't settle for that. And I'm sure not allowing him to leave my crew.

g.jpg
It doesn't matter what you allow. Your authority doesn't go that far.

Shut up.

u.jpg
No Gatagog would ever order you about as that repulsive alien dares to!

Righttttt.

138.jpg

139.jpg

LOL, yet another headbutt.

140.jpg

Time to take cover.

141.jpg

142.jpg

143.jpg

Pistols are effective against the armor clad minions. Uvenk has a barrier up and need slightly more to take down. The only danger is the stray rockets and krogan charging at close range. I leave it to Grunt to tank.

144.jpg

145.jpg

Leave Uvenk last.

146.jpg

Burn, lizard. We returned to the Shaman after every loot is picked clean.

147.jpg

148.jpg

sha.jpg
Grunt, you are Urdnot. You may now own property, join the army, and apply to serve under a battlemaster.

g.jpg
Shepard is my battlemaster. He has no match.

u.jpg
Understood. Congratulations, Grunt Urdnot. Accept this token from Fortack. His weapons are the finest we have.

Too bad it's a shitty shotgun +10% dmg upgrade.

149.jpg

150.jpg

Grunt's loyalty power isn't much, but it extends his survivability. It has a seperate cooldown to make it viable to use in tandem with his other abilities.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
So, errr, this helps Grunt stop RAGEing? How, exactly?

Also somehow the idea of Shepard just being allowed to help Grunt like that is kind of stupid. It's his rite.

lightbane

Arcane
You forgot that the consoletards would be confused/annoyed if they were forced to play as another character besides Shepard (even for if it's only 1 mission)...

RK47

Patron
Brother None said:
So, errr, this helps Grunt stop RAGEing? How, exactly?

Also somehow the idea of Shepard just being allowed to help Grunt like that is kind of stupid. It's his rite.

A sense of belonging? I dunno. I don't understand their culture of self-destruction. It's pretty messed up writing. I promise a more meaty update in two days time. I'm speeding it up.

Soulforged

Scholar
lightbane said:
You forgot that the consoletards would be confused/annoyed if they were forced to play as another character besides Shepard (even for if it's only 1 mission)...
Further on you'll have to play as another character. Your argument doesn't apply. I agree, though, that this should have been a lone character thing.
RK47 said:
A sense of belonging? I dunno. I don't understand their culture of self-destruction.
I think it's simple to understand if you consider Nietzsche maxim (or at least published by him): "What does not kill me, makes me stronger." And if it kills you it means you were not strong enough and you deserved to rot.

If you let Wrex live on the first game and you talk to him on the throne here on Tuchanka you'll be informed that he's actually trying to change many of the Krogan traditions. The rivalry between all the tribes is essential to the old Krogan way, it's mainly a philosophy that works best at the individual level, as a society it will lead to what Tuchanka is.

What really surprises me is that some codexers do not dig Krogan praxis, as it reflects many of the codexer's ideas, such as the one which states that all stupid people should be killed.

RK47

Patron
I can't dig it because the scale is just too ridiculous. We're talking a whole race either fighting for a barren planet full of nothing but monkeys and insects or just going around the galaxy as a gun-for-hire.

Why can't a whole clan just take the most logical action to prosper? Let' see, LEAVE Tuchanka, COLONIZE a fertile planet and eventually kick ass again? What's stopping them but stubborn tradition and pride? Because there IS a Better Way(tm) of doing things than 'Let's survive the Genophage, while we shoot each other and fight over scarce resources!'

My thought: Guess they were too stupid to think of that.

Soulforged

Scholar
RK47 said:
I can't dig it because the scale is just too ridiculous. We're talking a whole race either fighting for a barren planet full of nothing but monkeys and insects or just going around the galaxy as a gun-for-hire.

Why can't a whole clan just take the most logical action to prosper? Let' see, LEAVE Tuchanka, COLONIZE a fertile planet and eventually kick ass again? What's stopping them but stubborn tradition and pride? Because there IS a Better Way(tm) of doing things than 'Let's survive the Genophage, while we shoot each other and fight over scarce resources!'

Things are supposedly changing (if Wrex lives).

Now let's suppose that Bioware actually put some thought on the future of the Krogan and their way of seeing the world. Then let me ask you this question: If sometimes you cannot even fathom what motivates a woman or you cannot understand how a tribal on the middle of advanced civilization can still struggle to keep his way of life sometimes neglecting medical care and modern science. Then, how can you hope to understand another sentient species motivations?

Also what motivates a person to start killing others in cold blood or to start a war that will endure for hundreds of years? Why can't you think of a society where this kind of individuals are the rule and the peaceful kind is the exception?

I'm not saying that BioWare intended the Krogan as complex individuals, maybe they just started as something to justify Wrex as a side kick on the first game, but assuming they did, considering that design is a long process, then I believe those questions are appropriate.

I really think this topic could reach a long debate, so I don't want to pollute your Let's Play with my thoughts. I'll just leave it there.

lightbane

Arcane
Soulforged said:
RK47 said:

Things are supposedly changing (if Wrex lives).

Now let's suppose that Bioware actually put some thought on the future of the Krogan and their way of seeing the world. Then let me ask you this question: If sometimes you cannot even fathom what motivates a woman or you cannot understand how a tribal on the middle of advanced civilization can still struggle to keep his way of life sometimes neglecting medical care and modern science. Then, how can you hope to understand another sentient species motivations?

Also what motivates a person to start killing others in cold blood or to start a war that will endure for hundreds of years? Why can't you think of a society where this kind of individuals are the rule and the peaceful kind is the exception?

I'm not saying that BioWare intended the Krogan as complex individuals, maybe they just started as something to justify Wrex as a side kick on the first game, but assuming they did, considering that design is a long process, then I believe those questions are appropriate.

I really think this topic could reach a long debate, so I don't want to pollute your Let's Play with my thoughts. I'll just leave it there.

Unfortunately, you're forgetting after all it's a Biowhore game, it doesn't deserve too much thought after all.

random_encounter

Educated
RK47 said:

In their own primitive and violent way, whoever holds "the sacred hill" is the best out of all of them. It's an irradiated hellhole...the perfect proving ground for who the baddest Krogan is. It's stupid to us, but to a race bred to violence like they are, it makes perfect sense.

Does it make better sense that they should find a more fertile world to develop? Probably, but it wouldn't be as manly. I wouldn't be surprised if Bioware wrote it in such a way as to consider that kind of option an act of cowardice. These guys are like Klingons, but taken to ridiculously EXTREME levels.

Nickless

Educated
Good update, I rather share RK47's dislike for Krogans, the idea of them surviving, let alone prospering to a level where they can discover space flight, with their mantra of violence, is just absurd.

RK47

Patron
Aftermath of Tuchanka

001.jpg

m.jpg
Disgusted by his actions. Proud of his nerve, though. Always thought he lacked backbone. Shame I had to kill him. Might have made a good member of the team. Willing to get his hands dirty.

Huh. That's a good point. Unfortunately there's no option for that in-game.

s.jpg
You're really at peace with what happened?

m.jpg
Yes, of course. Can't change what happened. Life continues. Back to mission, back to work. Become like Maelon otherwise. Salarian emotional processing faster than other species. Has to be. Short-lived culture. Can't spend the time reminiscing.

s.jpg
Maelon didn't seem like he processed his emotional response. He was obsessed with the genophage.

m.jpg
True. Didn't mean to imply that salarians were healthier emotionally. Can still make wrong choices, bad decisions from grief, anger, guilt. Maelon couldn't accept feelings, made decision, executed. Probably before I left Omega. Wish I'd seen it. Salarians still feel, just resolve it quickly Explains lack of marriage. Can't sustain courtship emotions. Or perhaps based on reproduction. Unsure.

s.jpg
So you don't really feel bad at all about what happened on Tuchanka?

m.jpg
Yes, correct. Now, at least. Greatly distressed at the time. Stages of grief. Loss, anger, rationalization. Dealt with it. Most issues settled on Tuchanka. Some on shuttle back to Normandy.

s.jpg
What about Maelon's data on the genophage? His attempts at cure?

m.jpg
Gone now. Could recreate, but could always have recreated. Or improved. Taught Maelon everything he knows. Didn't teach him everything I knew. Not important now, regardless. Appreciate you helping me back on Tuchanka.

Resolving loyalty missions often resolve personal conflicts, unfinished businesses, or emotional issues, Mordin is one of the better ones. A few like Garrus' or Grunt's, didn't really leave much of an impact.

002.jpg

Previously, he's very emotionally unstable and unable to control his inner rage.

003.jpg

Now...uh...he's in control of it. I guess.

004.jpg

g.jpg
I GET IT NOW! It's part of what I am! It was just delayed because of being tank-bred. Now that I know it's not an outside thing, and I have a place as a krogan, I like it. *smiles* Our enemies are in trouble, Shepard. And we better not run out of targets.

Sigh.

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

RK47

Patron
So what next? I guess Miranda will have to do. Nice ass, white tight suit and all. A super genius too, big brains on her chest.

001.jpg

s.jpg
What's going on?

m.jpg
You remember what I told you about father...building a dynasty? There was another reason I went to Cerberus for protection. I have a sister. A twin. And he's still hunting her. Cerberus has kept her safe. Until now. She's living a normal life on Illium, safe and hidden from my father.

s.jpg
So, why are you sharing the family history with me?

Sorry, just trying to be :smug:

m.jpg
My father's agents have been searching for my sister for years. I believe they've tracked her to Illium. I've tried to keep her hidden without impacting her life, but I'm out of options. He's too close. I need to relocate my sister's family before it's too late.

002.jpg

Yeah, the deal-sweetener is a convenient butt-cam. Who am I talking with? The ass or the person?

m.jpg
She's my genetic twin. We're identical. But she deserves a normal life. And she's going to get it, no matter what.

s.jpg
Does your sister's family know about this? Are they okay with being relocated?

m.jpg
They know nothing. They're completely uninvolved. Normal. I told Cerberus, and they're coming up with a positive reason to move the family.

s.jpg
What do you need me to do?

m.jpg
My father is extremely persistent. I'd like to go to Illium when Cerberus is moving the family to make sure none of his agents get too close. My contact's name is Lanteia. She'll be waiting for us in the lounge near the Nos Astra docking bay.

003.jpg

004.jpg

Beautiful place.

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

c.jpg
We're the gateway to the Terminus Systems, Commander. That element of risk requires greater security. Liara T'soni vouched for your conduct and paid all fees you would normally incur.

Wait-what?

008.jpg

s.jpg
You said Liara was here? What is she doing?

c.jpg
Liara is one of Nos Astra's most respected information brokers. Nos Astra is based upon trade. information is a valuable currency, and Liara had done quite well. As I said, you'll find her near the trading floor. She was looking forward to seeing you.

e.jpg
Customs records indicate a justicar named Samara is visiting this port, Shepard. Your former teammate Liara T'Soni may have more information. You may also wish to speak with her regarding the whereabouts of Thane Krios, the assassin on your dossier, as well. Miss Lawson, Lanteia has reserved a room at Eternity and will be waiting.

m.jpg
Thank you, EDI.

Looks like we've got three stuff to chase in Illium. Let's chat with Liara first.

RK47

Patron
009.jpg

Yeah, it's nice. But this is asari architecture? How disappointing. Expected something more...exotic.

m.jpg
Humanity can learn a lot from their ingenuity.

010.jpg

s.jpg
What's Liara's reputation here in Illium?

011.jpg

n.jpg
She could have even more political power than she already wields if she weren't so focused on her personal goals. But I believe she should tell you about that, not me.

012.jpg

Looks like Liara's in the middle of a video conference.

013.jpg

Whoa, creepy as always. I still regret fucking her.

014.jpg

Ah, money lending. Looks like she got a little bit smarter.

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

The embrace was short. Whatever feelings they used to have seem to have disappeared with time. But she's still a good friend, unlike that bitch, Ashley.

l.jpg
My sources said you were alive, but I never believed.. It's very good to see you.

018.jpg

l.jpg
Oh. that? That was just a customer unhappy with the information he received. He'll pay. They always do.

019.jpg

l.jpg
It's paid the bills since you... well, for the past two years. And now you're back, gunning for the Collectors with Cerberus.

Looks like she's really into info-trading now.

s.jpg
That's not exactly public knowledge.

l.jpg
Neither is you being alive, Shepard. Information is my business now. And if you need information on finding people. I'm happy to help.

s.jpg
What about you, Liara? I could use your help on this mission.

l.jpg
I can't, Shepard. I'm sorry. I have commitments here. Things I need to take care of.

s.jpg
What kind of things you need to take care of? Are you in trouble?

020.jpg

021.jpg

s.jpg
What's this all about, Liara? Can't you just talk to me?

l.jpg
Don't you think I want to, Shepard? This isn't because I don't trust you. This is Illium. Anything I say is probably being recorded.

Fine. Just give me the XP & Credits.

s.jpg
Hacking a terminal sounds pretty easy. Why do you need me?

l.jpg
I don't know anyone else I can trust. Hacking the security node won't get you the data. It creates a minor glitch in the system. You'll have a short time to find a local server left vulnerable by that glitch and upload the data to my system.

s.jpg
If it will help you, I'll take care of it.

l.jpg
Thank you, Shepard. This may help me pay a great debt.

022.jpg

Seems like Illium changed her. Or was it Shepard's death? What happened to Liara that made her change so much? You'd think she'd be in Ilos just messing around with Prothean ruins.

Stay tuned for the answer.

RK47

Patron
A few successful hacks later...

023.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

l.jpg
Do you remember the Shadow Broker? With the data you got me, I may be able to find information caches from his agents.

s.jpg
Are you on the run from the Shadow Broker? I can help you.

l.jpg
Actually, it would be more accurate to say that the Shadow Broker is on the run from me. We crossed path not long after you died. Since then, I've been working to take him down. With this data, I'm a step closer.

s.jpg
I've never seen you ready to execute someone in cold blood. What did the Shadow Broker did to you?

026.jpg

l.jpg
I don't know if he's dead or being interrogated, but I need to find him. I owe him my life. And I need to make the Shadow Broker pay for what he did.

s.jpg
What if I help you find him?

l.jpg
I'm sorry, Shepard. The galaxy doesn't work that way. I need to find leads, trace information. I need to work. I can't do that on the Normandy. I wish I could.

s.jpg
You've spent two years of your life hunting the Shadow Broker? Liara, that's insane.

Considering that Bioware quests takes around 15 minutes of shooting and 1 minute to solve, yes, that's pretty insane.

l.jpg
You don't know what he did. You COULDN'T! You were GONE! And we all did what we had to do after that.

027.jpg

Fine. Let's get back on track with the recruitable operatives in Illium.

s.jpg
There's an asari named Samara here on Illium. Do you know where i could find her?

l.jpg
Samara...yes. She arrived recently and registered with Tracking Officer Dara. You can find Dara at the transportation hub.

s.jpg
Why would Samara have to register with a tracking officer? Is she a criminal?

l.jpg
No, in fact she's quite the opposite. Samara is a justicar, one of an ancient sect of asari warriors. Dara can tell you more.

s.jpg
I'm looking for Thane Krios. He's supposed to be here on Illium.

l.jpg
The assassin. Yes, he arrived here a few days ago. My sources tell me he may be targeting a corporate executive, Nassana Dantius. He contacted a woman named Seryna. Seryna has an office in the cargo transfer levels. Perhaps she can tell you where Krios is.

s.jpg
That was all just off the top of your head?

l.jpg
I'm a very good information broker, Shepard. The world of intrigue isn't that different from a dig site. Except that the dead bodies still smell.

028.jpg

I think I'll go after Thane first.

029.jpg

se.jpg
Who wants to know?

s.jpg
Someone who can make your life a living hell.

se.jpg
Huh..too late.

s.jpg
Liara T'Soni said you'd have information on Thane Krios. Am I wasting my time?

se.jpg
Yeah, I know who Thane Krios is. I might have passed him some information, but I didn't hire him. What do you want to know?

s.jpg
I just need to talk to him.

se.jpg
Dangerous man to talk with. Your call, though. I ran security for Nassana Dantius. Then I found out she was having people killed to cover up her dirty secrets. She fired me when I confronted her. Her loss. I might have been good enough to stop Thane from taking her down.

s.jpg
Who is she?

se.jpg
A wealthy speculator with a nasty disposition. She's killed her business rivals, government officials.. I heard she even took out her own sister. If anyone deserves killing, she does.

s.jpg
So where do I find Thane?

se.jpg
The Dantius Towers. Penthouse level of Tower One. There's a second tower, still under construction. If Thane is smart, he'll go in from there. I can get you in, but you'll only get one shot. You'd better be ready.

s.jpg
Let's go, then.

se.jpg
Good, I'm tired of this crap. We'll go tonight, as soon as the shift workers clear out of Tower Two.

030.jpg

031.jpg

032.jpg

033.jpg

034.jpg

035.jpg

*hums the knight rider tune*

036.jpg

037.jpg

038.jpg

Sure, leave the headlights on, no one would notice.

039.jpg

040.jpg

041.jpg

042.jpg

RK47

Patron
001.jpg

A strange sight greeted the team upon their entry to Dantius Tower.

002.jpg

Panicking workers running from patrol droids, chased by Fenris mechs. What's going on here?

003.jpg

004.jpg

The poor salarian didn't make it, and the droids turned their attention upon Shepard's team.

005.jpg

Zaeed's Disruptor rounds proved effective, coupled with Miranda's Overload attacks.

006.jpg

Looks like one of the workers survived.

w.jpg
She sent the mechs to round us up, but we didn't hear...they just started shooting.

s.jpg
They just attacked you?

w.jpg
Yes...we were too slow. It was horrible. Everyone.. screaming..The mercs said there was no time. Nassana wanted us out of the way...immediately. Then the dogs...

007.jpg

Fine, I'll help him. At least he's not being a jerk about it.

008.jpg

w.jpg
Find the other workers. Help them.

s.jpg
I'll do what I can.

009.jpg

Pretty soon we ran across Eclipse mercs. They burn real good once their shields are down.

010.jpg

And occasionally rescue a few trapped workers.

011.jpg

012.jpg

m.jpg
Could be Thane, but that doesn't sound much like an assassin.

w2.jpg
Here for Nassana, I bet. She's got it coming. You treat people like this; it always comes back to bite you in the ass.

s.jpg
I wouldn't stay here too long. It should be safe down on the lower floors.

w2.jpg
I was just thinking the same thing. Lets go, everybody. Thank you. And tell your assassin to aim for her head..'cause she doesn't have a heart!

013.jpg

Ambushed a group of mercs taking the elevator down. They're kinda tough, but medigel's plenty. Focusing on the incinerating Engineers first is the key.

Once they're down, the squad make their way up.

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

Guy's too busy talking to his comms. Didn't even notice us behind him.

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

s.jpg
Tell me where the assassin is, and I might let you live.

merc.jpg
If I knew that, I wouldn't be wasting my time talking to you. You're not one of Nassana's mercs. Who are you?

020.jpg

merc.jpg
Look pal, even if I knew where he was, I wouldn't tell you.

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

026.jpg

027.jpg

028.jpg

029.jpg

:smug:

RK47

Patron
Some trapped workers are on the edge.

030.jpg

z.jpg
Don't do anything stupid, pal.

031.jpg

032.jpg

033.jpg

Neutralized.

034.jpg

035.jpg

036.jpg

037.jpg

w3.jpg
He's my brother. I just want to see if he's all right. Are you the ones who shot the merc?

038.jpg

s.jpg
I've shot a lot of mercs today, but I can't take credit for him.

w3.jpg
Then..who did?

s.jpg
You tell me. What happened?

w3.jpg
The merc found us and shouted at us to move. We panicked, and he shouted more. I thought he was going to kill us...then his head just exploded. Telon picked up the merc's gun, but we were too afraid to leave. Then you showed up.

z.jpg
That's a clean headshot. Sniper rifle, I'd guess.

s.jpg
There are still mercs up here. You should get to the lower levels.

w3.jpg
Thank you.

039.jpg

Crossing the bridge at the rooftop to get to the Nassana's private office. Across the bridge are two rocket towers and some stubborn Eclipse mercs. This is probably the toughest part of the mission.

040.jpg

The narrow bridges allow good usage of Throw biotics. Strip them of their shields, armor, set them on fire then throw them off the bridge.

041.jpg

It might've been possible to take out the rocket turrets with sniper rifle or assault rifles, but getting closer is probably more effective. Once everything is down, Shepard can take the elevator up to Nassana's penthouse.

042.jpg

043.jpg

044.jpg

045.jpg

s.jpg
I'm not an assassin, Nassana. But I'm looking for one.

046.jpg

047.jpg

048.jpg

049.jpg

050.jpg

051.jpg

052.jpg

Hmph.

053.jpg

Snap.

054.jpg

055.jpg

056.jpg

Chok.

057.jpg

058.jpg

059.jpg

060.jpg

061.jpg

062.jpg

He was too fast for her and everyone else in this room.

063.jpg

A look of disbelief painted upon Nassana's face before the Assassin ended it all.

064.jpg

065.jpg

066.jpg

67.jpg

068.jpg

069.jpg

070.jpg

m.jpg
Not bad.

071.jpg

072.jpg

Too bad Thane couldn't do any of that ninja moves in-game.

073.jpg

t.jpg
Prayers for the wicked must never be forsaken.

s.jpg
Nassana and her men deserved what they got.

t.jpg
Not for her. Me.

074.jpg

075.jpg

t.jpg
I was curious to see how far you'd go to find me.

076.jpg

s.jpg
I do want to talk to you..but how did you know I was here?

t.jpg
Gunfire and explosions. If I have to fight through guards, I've made a mistake. I rarely make mistakes. You disrupted my plan, but your distraction eventually proved valuable.

077.jpg

t.jpg
Indeed?

s.jpg
You're familiar with the Collectors?

t.jpg
By reputation.

s.jpg
They're abducting entire human colonies. Freedom's Progress was their handiwork.

t.jpg
I see.

s.jpg
We're going after them.

t.jpg
Attacking the Collectors would require passing through the Omega 4 Relay. No ship has ever returned from doing so.

s.jpg
They tell me it's a suicide mission. I intend to prove them wrong.

078.jpg

079.jpg

t.jpg
I'm dying. Low survival odds don't concern me. The abduction of your colonists does.

s.jpg
You are dying? Are you contagious? How long do you have?

t.jpg
If you're interested, we can discuss it on your ship. The problem isn't contagious, and it won't affect my work.

s.jpg
Not to look a gift assassin in the mouth, but why are human colonists a concern to you?

t.jpg
They are innocent, yes? Like all victims of the Collectors. The universe is a dark place. I'm trying to make it brighter before I die. Many innocents die today because I wasn't fast enough, and they suffered. I must atone to that.

080.jpg

081.jpg

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
038.jpg

then his head just exploded.

Yeah, wow, look at that head, it looks so exploded. Or wait, no, the word isn't "exploded", it's "pristine".

Too bad Thane couldn't do any of that ninja moves in-game.

Typical "look how cool!" intro. How :jRPG:

Also I'm kind of pissed you can't romance Thane (as a male), he's so INCREDIBLY DEEP.
Mass Effect 3 better expand these options. Since they went stupid with Tali sex, I want at least Volus sex, but preferably Hanar and Elcor sexytimes!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom