Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect 2 : LP Complete, Releasing Control.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
ME2-495.jpg

Jack's power set is horrible in Insanity mode. Nothing she has affect shielded/armored targets. Her weapon expertise is a wimpy pistol and a close-range oriented shotgun.

Her only saving grace is probably her loyalty power : Warp Ammo. It's a flat 25% damage increase for weapons. Getting it to Rank 4 and evolve it to squad-wide buff is probably her best bet. The thing with Loyalty power is that Shepard can borrow any one unlocked power, so Jacks' not really needed. If I'm really desperate for Ammo buff, I'd rather take Garrus for more range-oriented firepower and his Armor Piercing buff. It insteads give more bonus vs Armour & Health against the Warp Ammo lesser bonus vs All types of protection.

This is also another one of those in-game lore does not match up with game play. According to Codex entries and briefings, Jack's probably one of the most powerful human biotics, but she perform like shit in combat.

Suggestion to Bioware: Make biotics resistance a percentage based reduction of the powers duration depending on what kind of protection they're up against, not fucking outright IMMUNITY.

mirandaA.jpg
Welcome to the Normandy, Jack. I'm Miranda. Shepard's second in command. On this ship, we follow orders.

jack2.jpg
Tell the Cerberus cheerleader to back off, Shepard. I'm here because of our deal.

There was an option here to give her the files straight away or delay her. It'll make her slightly warmer if Shep gives immediate access, but it'll piss off Miranda. But man, why would I wanna help this psycho skinheaded bitch?

shepardD.jpg
Get settled in and I'll give you access soon.

jack2.jpg
Right. You might wanna hurry on that. You know the damage I can do inside a frigate?

Errr, after seeing your character sheet: no.

mirandaA.jpg
Do I need to put her in the holding cells? Just to be safe?

jack2.jpg
No thanks, precious. I'll find my own place. Somewhere near the bottom. I don't like through traffic. Don't keep me waiting, Shepard.

Found her near the cargo hold area of the ship.

ME2-496.jpg

shepardD.jpg
Tell me about you, Jack.

ME2-497.jpg

shepardD.jpg
I told you that you could see them later.

ME2-498.jpg

Look at those tits. It's hot.(not)

shepardD.jpg
Do not violate the integrity of my ship again. You won't like what happens.

jack2.jpg
Yeah okay, but I found some interesting stuff. Your friends at Cerberus are into some nasty shit. I'm going to find something I can use. I just know it.

shepardD.jpg
What if the answers aren't what you expect?

jack2.jpg
I'm not looking for answers. I'm looking for names, dates, places.

shepardD.jpg
What happens when you find what you're looking for?

jack2.jpg
I go hunting. Anyone who's screwed with me pays. Their associates pay. Their friends pay. The galaxy's going to be a lot emptier when I'm done.

shepardD.jpg
What's your history with Cerberus?

jack2.jpg
They raised me in a research facility. I escaped when I was a kid. Been on the run ever since. And they've been chasing me ever since. But soon I'm going to chase them.

shepardD.jpg
You think about this a lot, don't you?

ME2-499.jpg

shepardD.jpg
You don't have to live in this pit, you know.

jack2.jpg
It's dark, quiet and hard to find. That spells safety to me.

She stopped the angsty crap and jumped on top of a table before continuing.

ME2-500.jpg

ME2-501.jpg

shepardB.jpg
You'd be my first mate?

ME2-502.jpg

shepardB.jpg
What is it about killing that fascinates you so much?

jack2.jpg
I figure every time someone dies and it's not me, my chances of survival go up.

She'll make a fine team player.

Next update: Shepard returns to Citadel. How will they remember him?

ME2-503.jpg

lightbane

Arcane
In other words, that Jack is a sociopath psychotic bitch that enjoys killing and doesn't pretend to hide it. I don't know if that's an improvement compared with the history of Bioware's female cast...

Nickless

Educated
The more I see this character's dialogue, the more I hate her, and the more I hate the fact that she's forced on you. I want to see Shepard go EXTREME on her ass.

RK47

Patron
ME2-001.jpg

Citadel. How much of it has changed? Or unchanged?

ME2-002.jpg

Keepers are still around. Keeping the Citadel working.

mordinA.jpg
Unknown purpose. Wish I could have studied them. Had other things to do instead.

ME2-003.jpg

shepardE.jpg
It's been a couple of years since I passed through here. Security seems to have tightened up a bit.

civ.jpg
After the geth attack, there was a review of the security protocol. A few minor changes were made to reduce the risk of geth infiltration. We apologize for the inconvenience.

garrusA.jpg
You'd think a geth would stand out.

civ.jpg
Assumptions are dangerous. "Be alert. Be safe."

garrusA.jpg
I thought it might be nice to come back here and see how it's changed. But it's just like it was. Same dirty streets, same unrepentant scavengers, same revolving door-prisons. Being security here is a terrible job. This is exactly why I left.

ME2-004.jpg

Whoops. Looks like the records weren't updated.

ME2-005.jpg

shepardE.jpg
I'm getting that everywhere. It's a pain in the ass. Who do I talk to about it?

The C-Sec fella told us to talk to Captain Bailey in the office. He's a mean cop.

ME2-006.jpg

bailey.jpg
If you don't have the stomach, or you're worried about getting reported, I can take care of it. Yes? Oh. I see the problem already, Commander Shepard. My console says you're dead.

shepardE.jpg
You're not worried I'm some imposter claiming to be me?

bailey.jpg
We have the best screening equipment in the galaxy. Those scanners can sample DNA from skin flakes.

ME2-007.jpg

shepardE.jpg
Don't change it. Anonymity is useful on my current mission.

bailey.jpg
Sure. You're a goddamn hero. It's not like we have to worry about you smuggling guns in or something. I just put a block in the system. Officially, you still don't exist. And you won't get hassled by the security checkpoints.

ME2-008.jpg

Heh. And DISCUSS! the Collector threat?

shepardE.jpg
They didn't make much effort to confirm my death. I'll make as much effort to tell them I'm alive.

bailey.jpg
Fair enough. But if you have any friends in the Presidium Tower, they might want to know that you're alright. I heard you and Councilor Anderson used to be pretty tight. Anyway. Something else you need? Or can I get back to work?

shepardE.jpg
Last time I was here, there were no human captains in C-Sec.

bailey.jpg
C-Sec took a lot of casualties when the geth boarded the Presidium. The Special Response division was hard-hit. They stopped turning their noses up at human resumes. They needed bodies in uniform, and we had the most experienced ones.

That's good. Humanity's place is secured in Citadel.

shepardE.jpg
Tell me about this place.

bailey.jpg
All the wards are more-or-less multicultural, but the other four are dominated by asari, turians, or salarians. In Zakera ward, we've got major enclaves of volus, elcor, and hanar. There's also a human commercial zone in Shin Akiba. We've got a few krogan walking around... I think I saw a quarian the other day.

Yeah. Cute little creatures. I don't avoid them when I can.

shepardE.jpg
I overheard your conversation. "Make him scream a little?"

bailey.jpg
This isn't the Presidium. All they have to worry about are protesters outside their "free speech zones" or someone's poodle crapping on the grass. Down here we have drugs, crime, and murder. Policing a ward is like policing New York City.

....What?

bailey.jpg
Sometimes you have to work outside the Council's rule book.

garrusA.jpg
C-Sec has changed.

Pliskin

Arbiter
Who's the VA for Captain Bailey? His voice is so familiar...

Jack seems the one NPC even more EXTREME than Extreme Shephard. You two were meant for each other. (Besides, I have the sneaking suspicion Miranda is a tranny).

I took Miranda on just about every mission, because her skill-set just lends itself to every situation --- she is also the only NPC who has a party-wide bonus skill from the get-go. Jack, OTOH, is only good for one thing (OK, two things), and once you get it, you can dump her in the bilge for good.

Truth to tell, I really wasn't impressed with any of yr party members. The only other NPC that seemed really useful in every situation was Zaeed --- but he's the DLC merc, so I doubt he'll put in an appearence. Which is too bad, since Zaeed is pretty EXTREME himself --- and his loyalty mission brings the lulz full force.

RK47

Patron
ME2-009.jpg

Avina. The tourist guide VI is still around.

avina.jpg
This is the Zakera Ward transportation hub. Public shuttles and shopping are available throughout the C-Sec security cordon.

shepardE.jpg
It looks like this place has recovered from Sovereign's attack.

avina.jpg
Repair of the damage from the geth attack is ongoing. There is still extensive damage on Tayseri Ward.

shepardE.jpg
Geth? It was Sovereign who led the attack. A Reaper.

avina.jpg
I have no information on a Reaper. References to the term exist in some para historical theories on galactic extinction cycles.

mordinA.jpg
Memetic engineering. Council blames geth. Lies to cover up Reapers. Keeps public from panicking.

Ridiculous. All that effort and sacrifice to uncover the truth and this is all it amounted to? DENIAL? This is the ultimate betrayal for everything the Renegade stood for. Unacceptable.

ME2-010.jpg

This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper "No." They had a choice, all of them. They could have followed in the footsteps of good men like us.

random_encounter

Educated
This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper "No." They had a choice, all of them. They could have followed in the footsteps of good men like us.
Welcome back, Commander Rorshach.

RK47

Patron
I'll need upgrades. Firepower. Endurance.

ME2-011.jpg

shepardE.jpg
Do I know you?

shop.jpg
No, but I know you. Even a senile hanar would remember the human who fought off the geth! I thought you were dead?

shepardE.jpg
Yeah I've been getting that a lot.

ME2-012.jpg

shepardE.jpg
You, know. I'm on a very important mission right now.

shop.jpg
I don't doubt it. The savior of the Citadel would get nothing less.

shepardE.jpg
The problem is the bureaucrats. They won't get me the latest astrographic data. You can't save the galaxy with star charts from 2183, right?

shop.jpg
2183? Why don't they just give you a slide rule and ask you to eyeball it?

ME2-013.jpg

And I have no idea why Garrus is wearing that dinky armour the whole time. EXTREME much?

shop.jpg
Wholesale? Of course, Shepard. Anything I can do to bring the fight to the geth, you've got it.

ME2-014.jpg

Shit. Money is tight. I have to skip this upgrade for now. Let's move to another shop.

ME2-015.jpg

Shep's on a roll.

ME2-016.jpg

ME2-017.jpg

Medigels are extra life for your men, definitely a must-buy for Insanity missions.

ME2-018.jpg

Looks like an injustice taking place.

volus.jpg
There's nothing to talk about! She stole my credit chit. Arrest her!

quarian.jpg
I did not! Just because I'm a quarian--!

csec.jpg
I need you to stop and take a deep breath.

volus.jpg
You're mocking me Earth-clan! Just because the Vol-clan need...

Oh yeah. This is a volus. Space mole rat-men. Forced to wear environ-suit cause they've poisonous breath. Otherwise harmless, and a trade-centric race.

csec.jpg
It's a poor choice of words, Sir. I apologize.

Just a simple missing wallet? I guess I just have to ask around if he forgot it while shopping...

ME2-019.jpg

Sigh. These are mini-missions. Terribly short and give small amounts of credits and XP on completion.

ME2-020.jpg

ME2-021.jpg

What the fuck is this asshole's problem? You got your wallet back!

csec.jpg
*Looks at quarian* I'll close this event report. But I'll be watching you. Get a permanent residence, or I'll run you in for vagrancy.

Well considering she's on pilgrimage, leaving the Migrant Fleet and all that...I can't let this slip.

shepardE.jpg
Are you two serious?

volus.jpg
What?

ME2-022.jpg

volus.jpg
Now just a min---

ME2-023.jpg

csec.jpg
How about if I run you in for obstruction of justice?

Your intimidation roll just suffered a critical failure, dip shit.

shepardE.jpg
You think you're going to "run in" a former Spectre?

ME2-024.jpg

csec.jpg
*backs off* Son of a ....

ME2-025.jpg

shepardE.jpg
What the hell was that C-Sec guy's problem? He had no evidence that you did anything wrong.

quarian.jpg
I don't know. Everyone's been like that since I got here.

I wonder if Tali was treated like that when she went on her Pilgrimage in Citadel? That meeting in Citadel's alley where she was ambushed by Saren's agents. The vital intel which exposed Saren's involvement. She was important. I want her back.

ME2-025.jpg

ME2-026.jpg

Some upgrades aren't automatically applied. You still have to spend minerals to develop purchased upgrades. Makes no fucking sense. FYI: I used mineral hack to bypass the scanning missions. All I have to do is watch my credit spending. Console users can suck my dick.

ME2-027.jpg

ME2-028.jpg

She proceed to accuse me of murdering the non human Council members in the Destiny Ascension. I did not kill them. They committed suicide by ignorance.

ME2-029.jpg

This city is dying of rabies. Is the best I can do to wipe random flecks of foam away from its mouth?

I guess wiping its mouth is a start.

ME2-030.jpg

ME2-031.jpg

ME2-032.jpg

ME2-033.jpg

She threatened to show my true face to the whole of Alliance.

But what can they do? They're chasing a dead man into Terminus Space. Bring a fleet in and they're pretty much piss off an army of ruthless mercs and batarian slavers.

They rather sit tight and curl up under a blanket, convinced they're safe from the darkness in this world. Unaware they're already shrouded by it the whole time.

Four glasses later in Dark Star...

ME2-034.jpg

ME2-035.jpg

ME2-036.jpg

ME2-037.jpg

ME2-040.jpg

ME2-038.jpg

ME2-039.jpg

RK47

Patron
There was a Krogan.

ME2-057.jpg

He couldn't stop me.

ME2-041.jpg

I am Judge.

ME2-042.jpg

Jury.

ME2-043.jpg

And Executioner.

ME2-044.jpg

ME2-045.jpg

Betrayal?

ME2-046.jpg

Never again.

ME2-047.jpg

ME2-048.jpg

He said there wasn't any choice.

ME2-050.jpg

I gave him one.

ME2-051.jpg

ME2-052.jpg

ME2-053.jpg

ME2-054.jpg

ME2-055.jpg

ME2-056.jpg

ME2-058.jpg

Kaidan?

ME2-059.jpg

They will pay.

ME2-060.jpg

Updated my Journal.

lightbane

Arcane
That would had been a fun way to screw up the game.

Achievement unlocked: Alcohol poisoning :D

Also, the reporter doesn't seem to recall her face meeting Shepard's punch the 1st time, and no matter what she rambles her threats are empty considering Shepard oficially doesn't exist, I wouldn't be surprised that in ME3 she will behave the same way no matter what you had chosen in ME 1 and 2. Same case for the Council, who are spineless cowards.

RK47

Patron
ME2-061.jpg

Nice in game joke there.

Also, Shep bargain tactics.

ME2-062.jpg

shepardE.jpg
You know for a bunch of touristy crap, your prices are pretty high.

ME2-063.jpg

ME2-064.jpg

ME2-065.jpg

ME2-066.jpg

ME2-067.jpg

Presidium District

ME2-068.jpg

ME2-069.jpg

ME2-070.jpg

shepardG.jpg
It's been a long time, Captain.

anderson.jpg
It's Councilor now. I had to give up my commission when I joined the Council. I'm glad you came, though I was hoping the rest of the Council would be here for this meeting, too. Unfortunately, they rarely listen to me. Sometimes I wonder if Udina would have been the better choice for this.

shepardG.jpg
Nobody said this was going to be easy. But I know you - you get things done.

anderson.jpg
Thanks for the vote of confidence. But I doubt Udina would echo it. He thinks I need to work on my people skills.

shepardG.jpg
I'm still not clear on why you wanted me to come.

anderson.jpg
There's been a lot of talk since you came back. Some of what I hear has been, frankly, a little disturbing.

Which? Alcohol poisoning? Wiping out three merc gangs in one night? Blowing up a prison ship?

anderson.jpg
I wanted to give you a chance to explain your actions. Maybe get the Council to see things from your point of view. But they refused to see you. You let the previous Council die during Sovereign's attack on the Citadel. They feel you'll always put human interests before galactic concerns.

Yeah. Because they only stop at humans, right?

ME2-071.jpg

shepardE.jpg
What did you expect? You left me for dead - turned your back on me just like you've done to our missing colonists!

anderson.jpg
We thought you were dead! As soon as I heard different, I sent you that message. I know you, Shepard. I know you wouldn't work for Cerberus without good reason. Something more's going on here.

shepardE.jpg
The Reapers are moving again, but not through geth -- it's the Collectors. They're behind the colony abductions.

anderson.jpg
The Collectors? We hadn't considered that. There's so little data; they've always seemed like a fringe threat. If they're a front for the Reapers, this is big, but even that may not be enough to get the Council off its tail.

Color me surprised.

anderson.jpg
The others have spent two years convincing themselves the Reapers don't exist.

ME2-072.jpg

shepardE.jpg
Are they blind? What about Vigil, the Prothean VI on Ilos?

anderson.jpg
It shut itself down. You're the only one who spoke to it. Just like you and your crew are the only ones who spoke directly to Sovereign.

Uh.. You got it wrong. They didn't understand a single word. Only me. Fuck.

anderson.jpg
Officially, the existence of the Reapers has been dismissed as a myth spread by Saren to convince the geth to follow him.

ME2-073.jpg

shepardE.jpg
The original Council was made up of a bunch of blind, stubborn morons. The new Council looks just as bad.

anderson.jpg
It's up to you to stop the Reapers, Shepard. All I can do is try to run interference. I'll keep the Council and the Alliance off your back. Shouldn't be too hard if you're operating out of the Terminus Systems.

ME2-074.jpg

anderson.jpg

shepardE.jpg
I've got a long list of people I didn't want to see, and your name is right at the top.

udina.jpg
The feeling is mutual, believe me. Your return is a bureucratic nightmare for us. I hope you didn't do anything foolish Councilor. Like try to arrange a meeting with the Council. There could be serious political ramifications.

anderson.jpg
I don't answer to you, Udina. Why don't you go to your office and think about that for a while?

udina.jpg
Of course, Councilor. Good day to both of you.

ME2-075.jpg

shepardE.jpg
What do you keep him around for?

anderson.jpg
He's got his uses. And if you want something done on the Citadel, he knows who can make it happen. Plus, he's always happy to attend all those diplomatic functions I can't be bothered with.

shepardE.jpg
Forget Udina and the Council. Join my crew and help me stop the Collectors.

anderson.jpg
I'm too old to go racing across the galaxy. Much as I complain, I've got an important job to do here. The front line -- that's got to be yours.

shepardG.jpg
I better go.

anderson.jpg
Of course, Shepard. I understand. I wish I could do more to help you, but if you ever want to talk. I'll be here.

That's all the Council's worth. Shit.

Returning to Normandy to develop new upgrades.

ME2-076.jpg

Basic bonus upgrades like Medigel / Weapon Damage will unlock other features to R&D. Such as SMG Shield Piercing boost or Trauma module which heals squad to full health upon revival.

Our next mission is to recruit the Krogan scientist, Warlord Okeer. He may hold some knowledge of Collector's Tech.

I'm predicting majority of the fights would be Krogan primitives and probably some humanoids with shields. I'm going to go with Miranda & Mordin.

ME2-077.jpg

Miranda with Squad weapon bonus and versatile ability is always a good choice for any mission. I'm focusing on maxing out her Overload and evolving it into an area attack. She will be my primary Anti-Shield expert. Saving up points for Rank 4 Overload.

ME2-078.jpg

Mordin came with enough points to max out his Incinerate power. Leaving one point on Cryo Blast. Looks can be deceiving, Mordin is a deadly opponent against organics. Once Miranda drop enemy shields, Incinerate will set the organics aflame, burning down armor and causing them to panic. His primary role is that of an Anti Armor.

Both of them have heavy pistol & SMG as standard weapons, which is exactly the same as Sentinel Shepard, creating a more effective spending on upgrades. The Shield Penetration upgrade of SMG will get more mileage in this mission.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
RK47 said:
bailey.jpg
This isn't the Presidium. All they have to worry about are protesters outside their "free speech zones" or someone's poodle crapping on the grass. Down here we have drugs, crime, and murder. Policing a ward is like policing New York City.

....What?

I guess they didn't fix NYC in DA FUTURE. But man, that reads weird.

Also "Ablative"? Really now?

Hah. Man, that guy must be pissing his pants. EXTREME SHEPARD CLOSEUP

Wait, Shepard's a former Spectre? Did I miss something? Isn't he just still a Spectre? Are there even "former" Spectres, other than dead ones?

I want her back.

You want her back alright. And her front. :smug:

Updated my Journal.

You're awesome, RK47. These sequences of yours are somehow more epic than BioWare's needy writing, at least in ME/DA:O (haven't played ME2).

They feel you'll always put human interests before galactic concerns.

Which would be a problem because...? Isn't it an all-human council?

Also why does the game still call him captain when he's a councilor?

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
ME2-065.jpg

Was it just me who thought that was ridiculous?

Also, these 'collectors' remind me a little bit too much of harvesters from Star Trek: Elite Force.

Pliskin

Arbiter
RK47 said:
Mordin came with enough points to max out his Incinerate power. Leaving one point on Cryo Blast. Looks can be deceiving, Mordin is a deadly opponent against organics. Once Miranda drop enemy shields, Incinerate will set the organics aflame, burning down armor and causing them to panic. His primary role is that of an Anti Armor.

About the time I hit the Collector ship, I discovered it really doesnt matter which ammo / power you use to take down shields / barriers / armor --- even if they're highlighted in red they still work. I've taken down entire shields with one hit from the fireball spell (or whatever it's called) even tho the game insists I should have used Overload.

Pliskin

Arbiter
Brother None said:

Wait, Shepard's a former Spectre? Did I miss something? Isn't he just still a Spectre? Are there even "former" Spectres, other than dead ones?

He's undead Shephard, remember?

Also why does the game still call him captain when he's a councilor?

Same reason Anderson is wearing a commander's shoulder boards, even tho he's supposed to be an admiral?

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
lightbane said:
Also, the reporter doesn't seem to recall her face meeting Shepard's punch the 1st time
she does remember being punched and comments on it.
the one who doesn't and acts like you threatened him with a gun regardless of what you did is the fan.
Brother None said:

shep died, which counts as a resignation. funny thing is that the council reinstates you as a spectre if you saved them in me1, which the game completely ignores aside from the sequence where it happens.

RK47

Patron
Pliskin said:
RK47 said:

About the time I hit the Collector ship, I discovered it really doesnt matter which ammo / power you use to take down shields / barriers / armor --- even if they're highlighted in red they still work. I've taken down entire shields with one hit from the fireball spell (or whatever it's called) even tho the game insists I should have used Overload.

That's because damage powers still work against protection albeit at a reduced effectiveness. Remember, when used against non shielded living targets, Incinerate will cause them to panic and take heavy damage. I can't count the number of time when I just know the target's dead once his shields are down because Mordin's ready with his Incinerate. Timing squad powers is key to faster kills in Insanity.

Compare that to disabling powers like Lift & such. Where they simply 'stagger'. In normal difficulty it might be enough time to kill them. In Insanity it's just a waste of your cooldown. Especially in later parts. ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL, much?

Overload still has its uses against mechs, where it has a stun component.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
RK47 said:
bailey.jpg
We have the best screening equipment in the galaxy. Those scanners can sample DNA from skin flakes.
You fail biology forever.

random_encounter

Educated
Captain Anderson said:
I wanted to give you a chance to explain your actions. Maybe get the Council to see things from your point of view. But they refused to see you. You let the previous Council die during Sovereign's attack on the Citadel. They feel you'll always put human interests before galactic concerns.
So. an easy cop out by saying that the Council simply doesn't want to talk to you. Feels like another lost opportunity there to shake things up, but I guess it's easier than listening to their revisionist BS when they were alive to say hi.

Great updates RK47!

RK47

Patron
ME2-001.jpg

ME2-002.jpg

ME2-003.jpg

shepardE.jpg
The dossier doesn't say if Okeer is on this planet by choice. Assume hostiles.

A voice over loudspeaker shouts: There is only one measure of success: Kill or be killed! Perfection is your goal.

mirandaA.jpg
Broadcasting orders over loudspeakers? Charming.

ME2-004.jpg

Looks like we stumbled upon a training ground. It's a boneyard of junk. Plenty of covers for shootouts.

ME2-005.jpg

First hostiles spotted. Blue Suns mercenaries. What are they doing here?

ME2-006.jpg

Time to get some answers.

mirandaA.jpg
Doesn't look that bad, actually.

shepardG.jpg
He doesn't need to know that.

ME2-007.jpg

shepardE.jpg
You're not in in the best bargaining position. I'm looking for a krogan named Okeer.

bsun.jpg
Who? You already know more than I do. I just kill krogan. The old one in the lab dumps crazy ones down here all the time. Jedore hired him to make an army, but the krogan he creates are insane, so we use them for live ammo training. It's all crap. I don't get paid enough to goddamn bleed out!

His comms crackled to life.

ME2-008.jpg

shepardE.jpg
You heard the man on the radio. He needs direction.

bsun.jpg
I..I don't have the info they want. You showed up before I could get my normal sightings.

shepardE.jpg
You have other problems.

bsun.jpg
Patrol, uh, pack sighting east of Station Two? Yeah.

His squad copied .

bsun.jpg
Son of a bitch. They'll run blind into krogan.

shepardE.jpg
If you start limping now, you might find a shady spot before you bleed out.

bsun.jpg
Shit, shit!

mirandaA.jpg
The scare was a nice touch.

shepardE.jpg
I thought so.

ME2-009.jpg

We followed the ruins of junk and took on more Blue Suns mercs along the way, still no sign of krogans. But the mercs start to pack rocket launchers. Above is what happens if you don't actively tell your squad made to take cover. They'll eat a rocket and die. Removing them from the fight until you use up precious medigel.

ME2-010.jpg

We finally found a krogan fighting against the Blue Suns. He's pretty effective with shotgun and wasn't hostile when spoken to.

ME2-011.jpg

mirandaA.jpg
He's only a week old?

shepardE.jpg
He must know something about all this if he survived this long.

ME2-012.jpg
Survive...yes. I must survive. But not here. Not against these fleshy apes. I must survive the enemy that threatens all my kind. But I failed, even before leaving the glass mother. That is what the voice in water said. That is why I wait here.

Huh? The Krogan spoke deeply. As if in a trance.

shepardE.jpg
Okeer's voice? Did he speak to you while you were in your tank?

ME2-012.jpg
I heard the voice. Not like now, with ears. Inside. I called it "Father". It liked that. But it was disappointed. I am not what it needs me to be.

mordinA.jpg
A breeding program. Trying to escape genophage effects?

Not again.

ME2-012.jpg
Escape? Escape was never whispered. Survive. Resist. Ignore.

shepardE.jpg
Can I get a refresher on the effects of this thing?

mordinA.jpg
Genetic disease. Affect krogan fertility, stabilizes population. Worth discussing with Okeer, if he intends his creations ignore it.

shepardE.jpg
How did you disappoint the voice?

ME2-012.jpg
I don't know. It was decided before I left tank mother. I was not perfect.

mordinA.jpg
If mercenary was correct, krogan prone to mental instability.

ME2-012.jpg
I don't know of that. But I am not perfect.

shepardE.jpg
Can you show me the laboratory? I need to speak with Okeer.

ME2-012.jpg
The...glass mother. She is up. Past the broken parts. Behind many of you fleshy things. I will show you.

ME2-013.jpg

mirandaA.jpg
Impressive. And dangerous.

ME2-012.jpg
You fleshy things are slow when big things are in your way.

shepardE.jpg
Can you show us the way? Help us fight to the lab?

ME2-012.jpg
No.

mirandaA.jpg
No will to fight back?

ME2-012.jpg
I will fight if they come, but I feel it deep that I must wait. I kill, but only here. I am not perfect, but I have purpose. I must wait until called. Released.

Powerful mental conditioning. But prone to instability. Heh. Poor bastards.

ME2-014.jpg

Krogan berserkers start to appear. Good thing Shep start at very long range, and they are unshielded. Incinerate them, Warp them to break down their armor.

ME2-015.jpg

The sentinel biotic throw comes in handy to give unarmored krogan a good push down to the deep chasm below causing a quick kill.

ME2-016.jpg

We are getting close. Just a few more Blue Suns encounter...

ME2-017.jpg

There you are.

ME2-018.jpg

ME2-019.jpg

shepardE.jpg
Not the smartest way to greet a the heavily armed group that just kicked in your door.

ME2-020.jpg

I'm sure whoever sent you doesn't want me dead. No one looks for me without a motive. Certainly not the deceased Shepard. Surprised? All krogan know you. Or have you forgotten your actions on Virmire?

shepardE.jpg
I make no apologies. It was the most efficient solution.

ME2-020.jpg
But I approve. Saren's pale horde were not true krogan. Numbers alone are nothing. The mistake of an outsider, one that these mercenaries have also made. I gave their leader my rejects for her army. But she grows impatient. It's timefor you to take me out of here.

mordinA.jpg
Personal issues irrelevant. Here for the Collectors.

ME2-020.jpg
I see. Yes, Collectors attacks have increased. A human concern. My requests were focused elesewhere. I acquired the knowledge to create one pure soldier. With that, I will inflict upon the genophage the greatest insult an enemy can suffer. To be ignored.

shepardE.jpg
Your search for the perfect soldier created a lot of failures. You don't care about them?

ME2-020.jpg
I failed no one. My rejects are exactly what Jedore asked for. She simply lacks the ability to command. They are strong, healthy and useless to me.

Hmm then...what do you need?

ME2-020.jpg
I need perfection. If a few thousands are rejected, so be it. My work will purify the krogan. We will not be restored -- we will be renewed.

shepardE.jpg
You're just as cruel and manipulative as those who released the genophage on your people.

ME2-020.jpg
Perhaps. But I will restore the krogan, and my soldier will not provoke a nuclear response as a "cure" or "horde" would.

He's afraid of another Shepard-inspired Virmire Tactical Nukular Response (tm).

ME2-020.jpg
My legacy is perfection, with each pure krogan reaching higher by standing on our dead. They will exceed, but no forget.

Okeer's starting to lose me here. My understanding is this: He doesn't want to cure the genophage. Nor clone an army of afflicted krogan army. Instead, he wants to keep creating clones, without a cure of genophage, in hopes the next clone can finally overcome the Genophage, therefore creating a race of stronger, pure krogans whereby the effects of Genophage is 'ignored'.

shepardE.jpg
What did you get from the Collectors? I need whatever you know about them.

ME2-020.jpg
They are strange. So isolated, yet very available when your sacrifices is big enough. I gave them many krogans.

Mass Effect theme: EXTREME.

ME2-020.jpg
I may have information for you, but the tech was consumed in my prototype. After I determined how to use it without killing the subjects. The deaths were unfortunate, but I only need one success to start the process.

shepardE.jpg
So you don't want to cure the Genophage?

ME2-020.jpg
Contrary to what survivors claim, the genophage does not produce strong krogan -- the only quality it filters is the ability to survive the Genophage. For every thousand stillborn, too many weaklings. Every survivor is branded as precious. That's produced more coddling than your collective human teats. I say let us carry th genophage! Let a thousand die in a clutch. We will defeat it by climbing atop our dead. That is the krogan way.

My head . It hurts.

shepardE.jpg
I'm getting you out of here. Bioware scriptwriters can figure out if you're useful or not.

ME2-020.jpg
Any group that spent enough to rebuild you won't care what it does to me. Perhaps we can strike a deal. One that secures my prototype. It is key.

ME2-021.jpg

Looks like the Blue Suns commander has had enough.

The hiss of gas start to fill the room.

ME2-020.jpg
She's that weak-willed? She'll kill my legacy with a damned valve. Shepard! You want information on the Collectors? Stop her. She'll try to access contaminants in the storage bay.

ME2-022.jpg

ME2-020.jpg
I understand. But you'll have nothing if she poisons us all. Jedore will be with the rejected tanks Kill her. I will stay and do what must be done.

ME2-023.jpg

Jedore can be quite tough. She has Shield, Armour and throws rocket. Quickly position your men behind cover.

ME2-024.jpg

Ignore Jedore first, and concentrate on the krogans she released from the tanks. Note the Mech to the left as well. Mordin's worth keeping alive.

ME2-025.jpg

Tech armor is a life saver at times. Take out the YMIR mech once the krogans are dead then finally we can focus on Jedore herself.

It was too late for Okeer though, the krogan died from poisoning. But there's a recording.

ME2-026.jpg

You gave me time, Shepard. If I knew why the Collectors wanted humans, I would tell you. But everything is in my prototype. My legacy is pure. This ... one soldier, this grunt. Perfect. *dies*

ME2-027.jpg

mirandaA.jpg
Okeer wasted his life to save this single krogan?

mordinA.jpg
Delusional. Unlikely one krogan, however strong, could have impact Okeer wanted. Am...almost certain. Suggest leaving it.

shepardE.jpg
Afraid he'll make your genophage obsolete?

mordinA.jpg
No. But krogan geneticaly dangerous. Socially dangerous as well. Have enough enemies without adding this.

shepardE.jpg
Normandy? Okeer is a no-go. But we have a package that needs retrieval.

ME2-028.jpg

ME2-029.jpg

Turok

Erudite
Ok i read about the Council die on this post, what happen if in ME1 i let the council live, it change anything on ME2?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom