Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect 2 : LP Complete, Releasing Control.

Mystary!

Arcane
The loyalty systems truly sucks. There is no reason NOT to to the loyalty missions and you can't fail them. I was pretty sure my paragon take on Zaeeds missions would screw it up, one of the dialogue options even say something about "fuck loyalty, we gotta save the hostages" so I was expecting him to hate me after that, but nope, he's as loyal as the rest.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Ashley said:
You're in the presence of a god, Delan.

:smug:

Damn straight.

So, uh, wow. Even with the BioWare/Codex fixes I'm not sure Ashley's reasoning makes a whole lot of sense.

fyezall said:
The loyalty systems truly sucks. There is no reason NOT to to the loyalty missions and you can't fail them. I was pretty sure my paragon take on Zaeeds missions would screw it up, one of the dialogue options even say something about "fuck loyalty, we gotta save the hostages" so I was expecting him to hate me after that, but nope, he's as loyal as the rest.
Does he still stay loyal even if you don't literally bitch slap him back into line (the Paragon dialogue option) after his nemesis flies away?

I'm pretty sure you can mess up Samara's loyalty mission.

Mystary!

Arcane
Yeah my bad, you can appearently fail Zaeeds by not having enough paragon/not choosing the persuade option. But why you wouldn't is beyond me.

random_encounter

Educated
Pliskin said:
C'mon now, I thought the Kodex where all into jack?
Jack's EXTREME, but she's not a very good character, period. I guess that's what's off putting about her to me. It's as if they needed someone that hardcore for Shepard's "suicide mission" so BAM...instant badass right out of the oven. The only things missing from her were red eyes like Renegade Shepard and scars.

But her loyalty mission was alright. Would probably have liked her more if she acted as a Malkavian Biotic.

RK47 said:
Finally, the epic loot that is only available on Hardcore Difficulty & above. The Collector Particle Cannon is a laser rifle that is highly accurate and trumps all other heavy weapons in terms of efficiency and effectiveness. Definitely not using other heavy weapons from now on.
I picked this up on a Normal playthrough, actually. It's definitely an awesome weapon. It was my "cleanup" gun for tough mobs or bosses, the go-to weapon for heavy hurting. There's another weapon later on that might be better, but I just like the beam goodness this delivers. Accurate, brutal, and definitely worth taking along on pretty much every mission.

RK47 said:
ash2.jpg
I'd like to believe you, Shepard. But I don't trust Bioware. And it worries me that you do. What did they do to you? What if they're behind it? What if they're removing your statistics entirely in the sequel?
LOL! Well played. Interesting, though, that it copies Alenko's dialogue pretty much word for word. After all of the other effort they put through in writing up so much else, it's surprising to see copy/paste stuff like this.

Even by being a "nice guy" about things, there's simply no option to try and steer her point of view your way despite everything you'd gone through together in the first game. The only thing missing from this sequence was floating text above her head that read "CANNOT RECRUIT UNTIL MAYBE THE NEXT SEQUEL/DLC".

RK47 said:
He's hinting heavily at the Loyalty feature of every companions. Basically loyalty is a binary thing in Mass Effect 2. Either they are, or they don't. Unlike Dragon Age gifts system to go along with their personal favors, you MUST do their loyalty missions to get them loyal to you. That's what I hate about it. Anyways, enough update for today.
Great update, love the commentary!

And all of them have one as if they came with pre-packaged issues. One thing that I didn't like about that setup was that it felt as if it were something to be checked off. Instead of following clues (X has issues with visiting a certain locale, or an email breadcrumb trail you can investigate might lead to a planet which a certain member of the party may reference, an intersecting event causing a party member to leave or speak to you instead, etc..), you simply had to reach a certain point in the conversation and game for them to open up and reveal their personal side mission.

I had ignored talking to a few crewmates at one point by simply hopping everywhere else to explore, but when I finally started to talk to each one, it's as if an emotional floodgate had opened. Everyone suddenly had a personal mission.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
fyezall said:
Yeah my bad, you can appearently fail Zaeeds by not having enough paragon/not choosing the persuade option. But why you wouldn't is beyond me.
I think I didn't persuade him for some LARPy reason (like I didn't give a shit about him or something). He died.

Haha, bitch.

Pliskin

Arbiter
fyezall said:

Well, I got Zaeed's loyalty mission 1st --- and no, I did not have sufficient Paragon points to persuade him --- and since I was going Light Side... I was somewhat annoyed at that, let me tell you. You need to have a high Paragon score, or go Renegade from the start of the mission.

random_encounter said:
Pliskin said:
C'mon now, I thought the Kodex where all into jack?
Jack's EXTREME, but she's not a very good character, period. I guess that's what's off putting about her to me. It's as if they needed someone that hardcore for Shepard's "suicide mission" so BAM...instant badass right out of the oven. The only things missing from her were red eyes like Renegade Shepard and scars.

Not the sort of jack I was refering to...

And all of them have one as if they came with pre-packaged issues. One thing that I didn't like about that setup was that it felt as if it were something to be checked off. Instead of following clues (X has issues with visiting a certain locale, or an email breadcrumb trail you can investigate might lead to a planet which a certain member of the party may reference, an intersecting event causing a party member to leave or speak to you instead, etc..), you simply had to reach a certain point in the conversation and game for them to open up and reveal their personal side mission.

That's my complaint with the entire game ---- it's linear as hell, and very little in it involves more than A to B to C --- with all three steps within five feet of each other so you can't possibly miss them --- then just choose the Paragon or Renegade response, and move on to next lengthy animated convo scene. Just try and put off doing the Collector ship mission, and see what happens: The galactic map locks until you talk to the Illusive Man, and then you go straight from the convo, into the mission --- no prep time in between.

As to the loyalty missions --- yr squaddies offer them up in exact order, every time. Nothing random about it, it's like dominos: 1st is Jacob --- last is Legion. Some are definitely better than others. Tali's was especially exposition heavy, and I got the feeling most of it was a lead-in for ME3. Samara's was OK, up until the end, when it's binary Yes / No ending was a major let-down.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Let's get the drama over with. It's optional anyways. Or do you prefer me not to?

01.jpg

jacob1.jpg
Looking forward to the action. After seeing what those bastards did on Horizon, though..makes you think.

shep1.jpg
I need you sharp and focused if we're going to get this done, Taylor.

jacob1.jpg
That is what I meant, Commander. I don't want any distractions when we hit the relay. Gonna go take care of a little unfinished business. I imagine everyone else is, too -- getting some closure, you know?

02.jpg

kelly.jpg
The report mentioned that Ashley Williams was there. How did that go?

shep1.jpg
We've been through a lot. I wish we could have had more time together.

kelly.jpg
Do you have strong feelings for her?

Hell, no.

shep1.jpg
We had a job to do, and we did it.

kelly.jpg
I understand. Operative Lawson would like to see you at her station on the crew desk. Operative Taylor would like to see you over in the armory.

Sigh.

03.jpg

Almost forgot about this 'perfect krogan'

shep1.jpg
What can you tell me about this guy? Anything unusual?

edi.jpg
The subject is an exceptional example of the krogan species, with fully formed primary, secondary, and tertiary organs, where applicable. No defects of any kind, aside from the genetic markers of the genophage present in all krogan. I cannot judge mental functioning.

Why are we carrying this thing around? A living weapon? Valuable sample of Collector technology? The options given were: Activate or Leave him alone. I can't even send it to Cerberus HQ for study. WTF.

The last time we got a krogan in the party he tried to betray us. So I think I'll leave this guy alone for now. I'm not that desperate.

04.jpg

I trust Jacob. So I guess I'm okay with helping him out.

05.jpg

shep1.jpg
If it affects my crew, it's my business.

jacob1.jpg
Sir, I don't want to distract from our mission,especially if it turns out to be nothing. But.. Well, I got pinged by a ghost the other night. Family.

shep1.jpg
It's only a waste of time if you jerk me around. What is it?

jacob1.jpg
My father was first officer on a ship that went missing ten years ago. I had not talked to him for three years prior. His ship, the Hugo Gernsback, sent an SOS last week, reporting a crash and a request for rescue. Just like that, out of the black. I'm not convinced it isn't just some automated distress signal ticking over. It's been too long.

shep1.jpg
You'd like us to go take a look at the wreck? See if it's legit?

jacob1.jpg
If the coordinates aren't too far out of the way, I could at least verify the wreck. Who knows, maybe there is actually someone out there. I want to also mention that I don't make a habit of looking for random SOS signals. This was passed to my personal log through Cerberus filters.

shep1.jpg
I think we can spare the time. Pass the coordinates to Joker.

06.jpg

The search takes us to the planet Aeia.

07.jpg

Looks like a tropical paradise.

edi.jpg
I have run a scan of the ship. I detect no life signs, but there may be useful technology or information still inside.

08.jpg

The logs inside the ship gave few bits of clues to piece out. But most of them are incomplete.

09.jpg

Log 1
10.jpg

11.jpg

Sounds like a concerned crew member. Abuse?

Log 2
12.jpg

13.jpg

Uh. Rape? Something's changed the crew. More docile? Not everyone seem affected.

Log 3
14.jpg

15.jpg

Someone else was in charge after the crash.

Log 4
16.jpg

17.jpg

That sounded bad if the doctor fell to the disease as well.

18.jpg

The VI outside may give more answer.

shep2.jpg
From the look of it, this beacon's been here for a while. Why would they wait years to signal?

19.jpg

jacob2.jpg
That's not right. My father was first officer.

vi.jpg
Ronald Taylor was promoted under emergency command protocols. Other flagged issues: unsafe deceleration. Local food and neural decay. Beacon activation protocols.

shep2.jpg
Who's in command of this ship? Where are the survivors?

vi.jpg
Captain Harris Fairchild reported killed following unscheduled suborbital descent. First Officer Ronald Taylor promoted in field to acting captain.

jacob2.jpg
But where is he now?

vi.jpg
The location of the remaining crew is unknown. This beacon has been unattended for several maintenance cycle.

shep2.jpg
Why wasn't the beacon activated before now?

vi.jpg
This emergency beacon became functional after 358 days, 12 hours, following the unscheduled suborbital descent of the Hugo Gernsback. Activation was triggere remotely after 8 years, 237 days, 7 hours, on the authority of the acting captain Ronald Taylor. Pause in the beacon protocol is recorded as: RECORD DELETED.

Look's like he's still alive. Crew got sick from the food poisoning and went retarded. Still, why wait for nearly 9 years to call for help?

shep2.jpg
Come on, let's get going.

jacob2.jpg
My father had a working beacon but didn't signal for almost nine years. Maybe...the neural decay affected him.

mira1.jpg
Avoiding it for a decade seems...unlikely.

20.jpg

Going a bit forward, we found a survivor.

21.jpg

22.jpg

shep2.jpg
Who are you? What was your rank on the Gernsback?

23.jpg

24.jpg

Hmmm. Another survivor?

25.jpg

Nope. Doesn't look like it, time to play hero.

26.jpg

27.jpg

We dispatched them in a shoot out.

mira1.jpg
That wasn't neural decay. They were feral.

jacob2.jpg
My father wouldn't let this go on. Something is very wrong.

28.jpg

29.jpg

shep2.jpg
Is this an earlier stage, or did the exile make the others violent?

mira1.jpg
Why is everyone here female? Can't be a coincidence.

Jacob's freaking out.

jacob2.jpg
It doesn't matter right now. One of these people must know what my father has to do with this!

30.jpg

31.jpg

jacob2.jpg
You heard her. I have "his face". My father forced the crew to eat toxic food. What the hell?

32.jpg

A statue made out of salvaged junk. No apparent functional value.

33.jpg

Ran across a mech patrol. Their shields were not activated. Perhaps 8 years of activation took them away.

mira1.jpg
Patrols like that are a little much against this bunch.

jacob2.jpg
Well that would make them hate him. But maybe it was just for defense.

Jacob's still trying to keep the faith, but we all know how it's going to turn out. Ahead of us is a doctor, also suffering from neural decay.

34.jpg

35.jpg

Moment of truth, Jacob.

shep2.jpg
Jacob? What does it say?

jacob2.jpg
It's a crew logbook. Some of them thought the beacon repairs was taking too long. They were afraid they'd run out of supplies and lose their minds to the decay. My father restricted the ship food for himself and the other officers so they wouldn't be affected. Everybody else had to eat the toxic food and hope for treatment later. The rest is a casualty list. A few mutinied over the decision. My father and the officers turned the mechs on them.

shep2.jpg
Not what I would have done, but they were in a desperate situation.

Yeah, Shep. You would've killed and eaten them, right?

jacob2.jpg
How long do you stay desperate? The numbers go up from there. More incidents, harsh punishments. It's like they're cattle. Or toys. In a year, all the male crew members are flagged as "exiles" or dead. They seperated out the women. Assigned them to officers like pets. And after the beacon is fixed, the officers appeared on the casualties, too! After! My father took control and didn't stop it.

shep2.jpg
He killed them?

jacob2.jpg
There were five after the crash: medical, engineering, bridge staff. Should've had no problem fixing the beacon and keeping people safe. All killed within the same week - about a month after the beacon was repaired.

shep2.jpg
It's looking like he only activated the beacon because the men have come back ready to fight.

jacob2.jpg
He let this happen and it's biting him on his ass. Nine years. Why didn't he set it right? I need to find this man.

We went forward and detonated the crates blocking our way. Then we heard a voice.

36.jpg

jacob2.jpg
Goddamnit. It's really him. Just got free? He's covering his ass.

37.jpg

jacob2.jpg
He had plenty of choices. Little late to blame his victims.

We blasted past the mechs with no problem.

38.jpg

39.jpg

jacob2.jpg
He had his fun, and now he wants out. Son of a bitch.

40.jpg

jacob2.jpg
Throwing people away. This..thing..is not my father.

The fight climaxes with three brain-washed guards and a YMIR Mech.

41.jpg

This bastard used to be tough in the open. But not with the almighty Particle Beam. Strip away the shield and armor, and start using Throw Biotic to bring it to its knees!

42.jpg

Down it goes.

jacob2.jpg
Enough with the toys. I need to look my father in eyes and hear him justify this.

Jacob's dad is a terrible actor.

43.jpg

dad.jpg
I'll get you something nice when we get back to Alliance space. I've got to have some back-pay coming.

jacob2.jpg
What about your crew, Acting Captain?

44.jpg

Damn, poor Jacob.

45.jpg

46.jpg

shep2.jpg
Doesn't matter. You're running a very questionable setup here, Captain Taylor.

dad.jpg
Of course. It was chaos after the crash, and the crew never accepted me as captain. They rebelled and trapped us here. Once they started eating the toxic food, I couldn't control them, and I couldn't get to the beacon.

jacob2.jpg
Just stop. We know what you did to your crew. Why let this go ten years?

47.jpg

Looks like both Taylors have had it.

dad.jpg
Who the hell are you?

48.jpg

dad.jpg
Jacob? My Jacob?

shep2.jpg
Not who you expected, Captain?

dad.jpg
I was hoping to not explain this to him. Or anyone, really. You have to understand. This isn't me. The realities of command, they change you. I wasn't ready for that. I made sure you were taught right. Before I left, I had hoped to leave it at that.

shep2.jpg
I'm not biting, Captain. At some point, you chose to do this to your crew. You.

49.jpg

Yeah, you can start listening to Puddle of Mudd's "Blurry" on the background now.

dad.jpg
There was resistance to the plan. Mutiny. We had to take a hard line to keep order. And things settled down. As the decay set in, we made sure the crew were comfortable.

50.jpg

51.jpg

52.jpg

53.jpg

54.jpg

55.jpg

56.jpg

shep2.jpg
I'm pretty sure we can spare the ammo.

57.jpg

jacob2.jpg
My father owned his mistakes. He was a different man. A good man.

58.jpg

59.jpg

61.jpg

62.jpg

Can you take it all away
Can you take it all away
Well you shoved it in my face
This pain you gave to me
Can you take it all away
Can you take it all away
Well you shoved it my face
This pain you gave to me
63.jpg

RK47

Patron
64.jpg

65.jpg

shep1.jpg
Really? Because given the result, it feels like something you'd have your hands in.

66.jpg

67.jpg

68.jpg

jacob1.jpg
Fine. You didn't forward it. So who did?

69.jpg

shep1.jpg
Was this supposed to be a favor, or did you just want to see him squirm?

mirandaA.jpg
What he did with it was his own business. There was a time when it mattered to you. Sending this along seemed like keeping an old promise. I keep my promises.

Hmmm. I think they may have a history between them.

70.jpg

shep1.jpg
You had no idea Miranda was behind this?

jacob1.jpg
No. She's got a good memory. Selective, but good. I haven't thought about those days in a long time. Can't figure which promise she meant,though. Not sure I really want to know. She...requires a better man than I.

...Uh...what?

jacob1.jpg
Shepard? Thanks for the help.

shep1.jpg
Let's not make a habit of it.

Jacob is now loyal. And this unlocks Barrier power. Which is kinda useless with Tech Armor around. Too bad really.

lightbane

Arcane
Random question: the loyalty missions have multiple outcomes? Can you prevent Jacob's dad to kill himself with a parangon option?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
lightbane said:
Random question: the loyalty missions have multiple outcomes? Can you prevent Jacob's dad to kill himself with a parangon option?
Yes, this one has multiple endings. He can either shoot himself, or Jacob can shoot him if you pass a renegade check. Alternatively, if you Paragon it, he just goes to jail.

Most have only one outcome though: success.

Angthoron

Arcane
Volly might actually be onto something when he says Bio games get better. This definitely trumps Dragon Age so far.

Pliskin

Arbiter
Jaedar said:
lightbane said:
Yes, this one has multiple endings. He can either shoot himself, or Jacob can shoot him if you pass a renegade check. Alternatively, if you Paragon it, he just goes to jail.

Most have only one outcome though: success.

Depends --- you can fail Zaeed's, and Samara's has a, errmmm, sort of "alternative" ending...

Meh, I was expecting more Cannibal Holocaust and less Lord of the Retard Flies.

And Jacob is way too moraly unambiguous for a Cerberus operative. Tho, I see the way he eye-balls Shephard's ass when he thinks nobody is looking...

RK47

Patron
Angthoron said:
Volly might actually be onto something when he says Bio games get better. This definitely trumps Dragon Age so far.

In terms of delivery and production value is a definite yes. Shepard made the game more soulful since he is voiced and has more varied expressions.

01.jpg

This is where Aria kept her cache. Let's hit it for a quick buck.

02.jpg

Three YMIR Mechs. This one's hard in insanity. I died a few times before I got the Particle Beam. Bring Miranda & Garrus along for maximum effectiveness. Triple Overload the bastards for maximum effectiveness. And have Garrus snipe.

03.jpg

Nearly died too. The best I can do was 8 crates out of 20 intact before the Mechs died. I didn't feel like wasting the heavy weapons ammo. I made a mistake however. Garrus and Miranda wasn't the most effective team for mechs. Read on.

04.jpg

Zaeed Massani. Sounds exotic.

05.jpg

We found the man at Omega. He's occupied on brutalizing a batarian.

06.jpg

z1.jpg
No one said you could talk, jackass.

s1.jpg
You Zaeed Massani?

07.jpg

Zaeed's right eye seem to be a glass eye. This guy doesn't sound hard ass, but something about him creep me out. Maybe it's just the eye, I get the feeling he's all business, the DLC sort. He's free cause the Illusive Man paid for it.

s1.jpg
My contacts told me we're picking up one man. Not two.

z1.jpg
Batarian delinquent. Pissed off someone rich enough to hire me to go after him. And for my "bring'em in alive" rates, even.

08.jpg

09.jpg

Zaeed respond with a brutal kick to his face.

z1.jpg
Tried to lead me on a chase all over the Systems. He should have known better. These people always run to Omega.

s1.jpg
What's your relationship with Cerberus?

z1.jpg
Easy. Cerberus is paying me a lot of money to help you on your mission. That's the long and short.

s1.jpg
Not many mercs would take a suicide mission for the pay.

z1.jpg
Most mercs don't get an offer like the one Cerberus sent me.The mission doesn't sound like good business. But your Illusive Man can move a lot of credits.

s1.jpg
Go ahead and set up on the Normandy.

z1.jpg
Right. I'll go make myself at home.

10.jpg

z1.jpg
I assume the Illusive Man told you about our arrangement?

s1.jpg
I'm assuming Bioware wrote a side quest specifically for your mercenary background and labeled it Loyalty quest. That about right?

z1.jpg
Yeah. Funny he didn't tell you. Picked up a mission a little while back, before I signed on with Cerberus. Thought you might be interested. You heard the name Vido Santiago? He's the head of the Blue Suns. Runs the whole organization. He recently captured an Eldfell-Ashland refinery on Zorya and is using their workers as slave labor. The company wants it dealt with.

Color me interested. I've been running across Blue Suns in Purgatory and such. A bullet to their head should shock the rest of their body.

s1.jpg
We'll get to it if we can. Our mission takes priority.

z1.jpg
I know you've got bigger fish to fry. That's why I'd like to get this other thing dealt with as soon as possible.

11.jpg

The batarian sensed an opportunity and made a run for it.

12.jpg

Cue badass cutscene.

13.jpg

z1.jpg
I better turn this thing in before it starts to stink. I'll be locked and loaded next time you're ready to get some killing done.

14.jpg

Zaeed doesn't talk much in the ship. I can only visit his quarters and examine his old war relics. He'll comment on it.

z1.jpg
I call her Jessie. That's my lucky charm. More men have been killed with that gun than died in the Skyllian Blitz. The day I laid her to rest was the saddest day of my life. I'd give up every weapon I own for one more mission with that shitty old rifle.

Anyways.

15.jpg

Time to rescue an old friend. Lots of geth in this mission. Heck, everything's geth. So what's the best team for synthetics? It's Garrus, and...

16.jpg

17.jpg

Just look at the bonuses. Holy shit. It can stun, overheat enemy guns and deals extra 40% damage to shield & synthetics. And his weapons expertise is Assault Rifle & Sniper. Perfect all rounder.

Pliskin

Arbiter
Yah, Zaeed is like a more violent Miranda: He works in just about every situation:

Concussive Shot: Biotics / Health
Disruptor Ammo: Shields / Mechs
Inferno Grenade: Armor / Health

I'm pretty sure that Daratar mission is hard-coded to give you a minimum 8 crates. I tried it multiple times, with different squaddies, and the best I did was 12 --- but every other try came up 8.

Mystary!

Arcane
Zaeed does talk alot if you click on him, he's got new stories everytime you board the ship, but you gotta keep on clicking until he says "I should let you go".

roll-a-die

Magister
The only loyalty mission you can fail in the nonDLC games is that of Thanes in which Thanes son can kill the target and get away.

With Samara you can choose to rescue Morinth over her for a lulzy game over at the end(of the game). But ultimately changes few things to do with the plot as she has to impersonate her mother.

Tali can actually be saved from exile in two ways. One by exploiting the things you've learned and the fact that the politicians are using the trial as a way to gain prominence for themselves(paragon). And two by using the evidence found on the ship to implicate Talis father in the crime(renegade). there is the option of rallying the crowd if you gave Veetor to them in the first mission. Otherwise you are screwed.

Em Mordin's has slight multiple ending in that you can choose to save the data or destroy it. I'm not sure whether that even has implications in renegade or paragon as the main choice is whether to create the cure(paragon I think) or not(renegade I think I really don't know by then it was all confusing.)

Miranda's has slight multiple endings as well given that you can have her talk to her sister or not.

You can't fail any other than Thane's though.

lightbane

Arcane
This Zaeed guy is suspiciously familiar...

[Intelligence: Memory recall roll: Succes!] I got it!! Canderous!!! How is it going nowadays?
276364-250px_canderous_ordo_large.jpg

Good to now Biowhore continues to shamelessly recycle npcs...

Pliskin

Arbiter
lightbane said:
This Zaeed guy is suspiciously familiar...

[Intelligence: Memory recall roll: Succes!] I got it!! Canderous!!! How is it going nowadays?

Good to now Biowhore continues to shamelessly recycle npcs...

I'd say that Mandalorean = Krogan more than anything else.

But it's pretty obvious ME = Star Wars, just like DA = D&D.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
roll-a-die said:
Tali can actually be saved from exile in two ways. One by exploiting the things you've learned and the fact that the politicians are using the trial as a way to gain prominence for themselves(paragon). And two by using the evidence found on the ship to implicate Talis father in the crime(renegade). there is the option of rallying the crowd if you gave Veetor to them in the first mission. Otherwise you are screwed.

Hm. I recall that Tali was not pleased when I used the evidence found on the ship, and the quest ended without her becoming loyal.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
treave said:
Hm. I recall that Tali was not pleased when I used the evidence found on the ship, and the quest ended without her becoming loyal.
Can't have that happen, who else is Shepard gonna bone to death?

lightbane

Arcane
Wisdom: I say you should do all the loyal missions, and bone one of the chicks (or all of them, if the game is hardcore enough), and of course Shepard must live for ME3. Btw, I would suggest awakening the Krogan as soon as possible, if he demonstrates to be rebellious an healthy dose of EXTREME-punch should calm him...

RK47

Patron
Haelstorm

edi.jpg
Shepard, our data indicates that Tali is somewhere in these ruins. There is considerable geth activity, and an environmental hazard.

18.jpg

Haelstorm presents a new in-game hazard, exposure to the sunspots will drain shields. Same goes for the enemy. Not a bad feature to spice things up and the soundtrack is awesome too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNOJ3LlLmyA

z1.jpg
Shields are overheating, Shepard.

g1.jpg
If we stay in the shade, we should be fine.

19.jpg

Damn right it is.

20.jpg

We fought our way past the geths with ease. Zaeed's disruptor ammo is perfect for this encounter. Combine Garrus for his overload and equip both with DLC Sniper Rifle, the Incisor for devastating effect.

21.jpg

This is also where we find the Tempest SMG. A direct upgrade over the default machine pistol with 50 shot clip size and rapid fire action. It's terrible at long range with the recoil, but makes up for it with extreme rate of fire. Excellent for short range shield stripping action.

22.jpg

Came too late to help the dead quarians but a radio is still functioning.

23.jpg

r.jpg
Damn. Wait. Shepard? The Spectre Tali worked with? Don't know why you're here, but right now, any organic is a welcome sight. Patch your radio into channel 617 Theta. We were on a stealth mission. High risk. We found what we are after, but the geth found us. They've got us pinned down. Can't get to our ship, can't transmit data through solar radiation.

s1.jpg
What's your current position?

24.jpg

r.jpg
Getting Tali out is our top priority. If you can extract her,we'll keep them off you.

s1.jpg
You're going to throw your life away for research?

r.jpg
Negative. I'm going to give my life for the Migrant Fleet. All the difference in the world. I'm not tech expert, Shepard. I'm a marine. They tell me to shoot, I shoot. They said to protect Tali and the data. If you get them out safe, I've done my job.

s1.jpg
Hold your position. We'll hit their back ranks.

r.jpg
Wait! Watch your ass! We've got a dropship coming in!

25.jpg

Uh oh.

26.jpg

Doesn't look good for the barricaded quarians...

27.jpg

28.jpg

Hoo-rah.

29.jpg

A pillar collapses..

30.jpg

Blocking the entry point completely.

31.jpg

32.jpg

The first demo charge is located inside a warehouse, guarded by dozens of geth soldiers and a new type. Geth Hunter. This geth has a weak cloak indicated by shimmering field. Take the sneaky bastard out before he gets close enough to unload his shotgun.

33.jpg

Once the first demo charge is secured, a Geth Prime will attack from behind. Preventing easy exit from the warehouse. Double Overloads and disruptor ammo quickly dispatched the behemoth.

34.jpg

Exiting the warehouse will lead into another huge ambush. This time a geth destroyer, equipped with a flame thrower lead the charge while rocket toting geths camp the topside.

35.jpg

On top of the bridge lies the second demo charge. Time to blow the pillar.

36.jpg

37.jpg

Lots of dead geth inside.

g1.jpg
Quarian architecture. That's two words you don't expect to hear together.

Garrus said that because no quarians ever built anything outside their migrant fleet. Clearly this site existed way before the geth gained sentience.

z1.jpg
Why the hell would the quarians come this far into geth territory?

Found Tali's Journal. Let's take a peek at the girl's thoughts.

38.jpg

Heh. She thinks about Shep when alone in a cave. Go figure. Don't worry, Tali. Shepard Vas Normandy is coming.

39.jpg

t1.jpg
Hello? Is anyone there?

40.jpg

t1.jpg
Shepard? I'm not complaining, but you show up at the strangest times! What are you doing in the middle of geth space?

s2.jpg
I've got a mission, remember? It's dangerous, but you don't seem averse to high-risk missions these days.

t1.jpg
I'll discuss the mission as soon as the gunfire dies down. Kal'Reegar and what's left of the marines got me into the observatory. From where you are, it's through the door and across the field. I got the data I needed, and I'm safe for now, but I've got a lot of geth outside.

s2.jpg
It looks like somebody sealed the door against the geth, and the console is damaged. Can you get it open on your end?

t1.jpg
Let me see.. Yes, I can do it. Here. Should be unlocked now. Be careful, Shepard. And please, do what you can to keep Reegar alive.

41.jpg

We got out and met a Geth Prime with lots of drones covering the air. These recon drones are deadly when grouped.

g1.jpg
The drones have optical camouflage systems. And here I was worried this would be too easy.

That's Garrus for you. Zaeed & Garrus Incisor snipers made short work of them. A healthy dose of overload also works too.

42.jpg

Made it to the door with no problem.

43.jpg

Something big is across the field.

44.jpg

Uh oh. Colossus. Geth's heavy weapon platform. Need the mako tank to kill it in Mass Effect 1.

45.jpg

46.jpg

47.jpg

g1.jpg
Just like the old times.

We head down and meet up with the last quarian marine on the field.

48.jpg

kr.jpg
Still got no idea why you're here, but this aint time to be picky.

49.jpg

kr.jpg
The geth are near platoon strength, but the colossus is the worst part. It's got a repair protocol. Huddles up and fixes itself.

50.jpg

s2.jpg
We need to get to Tali. Got any ideas?

kr.jpg
Just one. I'm not moving so well, but I can still pull a trigger, and I've got a rocket launcher that the sun hasn't fried yet. You move in close. I'll keep the colossus busy, maybe even drop its shields. With luck, you'll be able to finish it off.

I could decline his offer to try keep my promise with Tali. But I could always use more firepower. Let's try to finish the Colossus off quick then.

s2.jpg
Good luck, Reegar. Let's go shoot some geth.

kr.jpg
Keela se'lai. say hi to Tali for me.

51.jpg

52.jpg

53.jpg

His aim was true, but the Colossus still stood. It's time for us to move.

54.jpg

We have several options. We can go down to the field and cut left. Kinda risky with the crate covers and geth troops already in position. I chose to attack the right side instead. It's heavily exposed to sunlight, but if I can make my breakthrough there, the Colossus will be more exposed to attacks.

It's not advisable to attack the Colossus from this range since weapons lose their effectiveness over range. I left Garrus and Zaeed on hold since they're snipers. Their power ability is still accessible from range.

55.jpg

I panicked a bit when the sunlight burned through my shield. Popping out of cover drain my shields. And the fucking Destroyer isn't making it easier. Best to recharge shield as needed and pull out the Particle Beam. Hell, he's out in the sun. His shields are down. Let's exchange fire!

56.jpg

Literally.

57.jpg

Was going to make a stand there, but realized it's probably not a good spot. The Colossus can still bombard me. And being drained of shield isn't a good idea.

58.jpg

I dispatched the geth troops and pushed to a more advantageous position. But by then it was too late, Reegar is dead. To finish the job, I switched to SMG and ripped the Colossus shields off.

59.jpg

Once shields are down. Open a can of whoopass with the Particle Beam.

60.jpg

61.jpg

Uh yeah, this is the hardcore and above loot. Particle Beam is obtainable in any difficulty. It's effective against shield, but I can't use rifles anyway. So it's moot.

62.jpg

Pink Ranger is safe. Nice job, Rangers.

t2.jpg
This whole mission has been a disaster. I wish I'd joined you back on Freedom's Progress, but I couldn't let anyone take my place on something this risky.

s2.jpg
Reegar sacrificed himself so we could get you.

t2.jpg
I feared as much. He gave his life for me. For the mission. A whole team of scientists and marines, and I'm the only one left. I hope the Board finds the data valuable.

s2.jpg
A lot of quarians lost their lives here. Was it worth it like the dead bothan spies who stole the Death Star plans for the Rebel Alliance?

t2.jpg
I don't know, Shepard. It wasn't my call. The Admiralty Board believed the information here was worth sacrificing all our lives for. I have to believe that they know what's best.

s2.jpg
I didn't ask what some admiral thought. I asked what you thought.

t2.jpg
A lot of people died here. Some of them were my friends. All of them were good at their jobs.

63.jpg

s2.jpg
Looks like I just saved your mission. Maybe now your people will let me steal you for my mission.

t2.jpg
Just let me transmit the data from a secure channel. Then I can leave with you. And if the admirals have a problem with it, they can go to hell. I just watched the rest of my team die.

64.jpg

Just like the good old days.

65.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom