Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect 2 : LP Complete, Releasing Control.

LusciousPear

Savant
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
a290c588d4e88b8a59bcc26b69dfa1c1.jpg

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
66.jpg

Uh, Black Ranger needs to learn better pick-up lines.

black.jpg
We're looking forward to having you on the team. Your engineering expertise will really benefit the mission.

t2.jpg
I don't know who you are, but Cerberus threatened the security of the Migrant Fleet. Don't make nice.

red.jpg
You don't have to like them, Tali, but we're on the same side this time.

t2.jpg
I assumed that you were undercover, Shepard. Maybe even planning to blow Cerberus up.

You can blow me off, if you want.

t2.jpg
If that's the case, I'll loan you a grenade. Otherwise, I'm here for you. Not for them.

red.jpg
That's all I'm asking, Tali.

t2.jpg
I'll be in the engineering if you need me.

We'll need her, alright. Maybe she can improve Normandy's chances of survival against Collector ships.

Black ranger makes a final attempt at flirtation.

black.jpg
Don't forget to introduce yourself to EDI, the ship's new artificial intelligence.

t2.jpg
...*glares*

And epic failed. Quarians had a real bad experience with AI creations, the geth. Or maybe it was intentional by Black Ranger.

67.jpg

s3.jpg
Tali's a good friend. We've been through a lot together.

kel.jpg
My female intuition says she wants to be more than just good friends.

s3.jpg
What makes you say that?

kel.jpg
It's in her body language. How she turns to you when you enter the room. How she watches your every move. Quarians are so fascinating to me, but they also make me a little sad.

s3.jpg
Why do they make you sad?

kel.jpg
Their environment suits are beautiful, but with their immune systems, they're trapped inside. I wonder what they look like under those helmets, or what their skin feels like under those suits.

Hmmmm.

68.jpg

Updated my journal.

s3.jpg
Are you attracted to other species?

kel.jpg
Well, part of my job is predicting the motives and feelings of humans and aliens. Intimacy brings understand. And passion is nice wherever you find it. Character matters, not race or gender.

Uh yeah, let me check if I joined Carebears organization by mistake.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
FFS is anyone going to comment on Shepard's glowing terminator eyes at some point.

Also I can't stop just thinking of the Tali romance both as crowbarred in and creepy.

lightbane

Arcane
The fellows notice, but they're too scared to comment/assume it's a side-efect of Shepard's massive EXTREMENESS.

RK47

Patron
I think it's a blossoming friendship kinda thing. Transcends racial divide and limits y'know. Deeper than than Liara at least. Or maybe not.

01.jpg

Uh, you mean the first Normandy crew?

02.jpg

Hmm. Updated my journal.

s.jpg
Any news yet on the data you sent?

t.jpg
I'm not likely to hear anything for a while. Or on an unsecured channel, for that matter.

s.jpg
Having trouble settling back in on the Normandy?

t.jpg
I like the quiet. I miss the old faces, though. Pressly, Engineer Adams, all of them. It doesn't seem right having Cerberus in charge of this ship. Are you sure working for them is the right thing to do?

s.jpg
I caught some tension back on Freedom's Progress and again when you first came aboard. What happened between Cerberus and the quarians?

t.jpg
They attacked one of our ships, the Idenna. It seems they were attempting to kill or control a young human biotic who was on the fleet. I don't really know the details. I do know that Cerberus made an enemy of the quarian people.

No details on that. What the fuck, writers?

s.jpg
Does it look like they're pulling the strings, Tali? I'm not working for them. They're working for me.

t.jpg
So you ordered the listening devices and tracking beacons that are all over this ship?

Shit.

03.jpg

Tali has a point. I can't trust these guys completely. Jacob may be straight, but the rest of them like Illusive Man and his favorite bitch, Miranda is a different story.

s.jpg
I fully expect them to betray us at some point. And we'll be ready.

t.jpg
I'm glad to hear that, Shepard. Just let me know how I can help.

random_encounter

Educated
RK47 said:
In terms of delivery and production value is a definite yes. Shepard made the game more soulful since he is voiced and has more varied expressions.
I agree. I actually enjoyed ME2's presentation and characters more than I did the ones in DA.

Pliskin said:
I'm pretty sure that Daratar mission is hard-coded to give you a minimum 8 crates. I tried it multiple times, with different squaddies, and the best I did was 12 --- but every other try came up 8.
Zaeed was my all-around gun guy. He's decent across the board and I usually stuck him in my party if I wanted to lean towards a lot of heavy shooting...which was often. Once I thawed the Krogan, using both him and Zaeed created a pretty decent squad.

As for the crates, same here. That's the best I could do on my side.

roll-a-die said:
Em Mordin's has slight multiple ending in that you can choose to save the data or destroy it. I'm not sure whether that even has implications in renegade or paragon as the main choice is whether to create the cure(paragon I think) or not(renegade I think I really don't know by then it was all confusing.)
I'm guessing that might mean something more in ME3. After finishing up Mordin's loyalty mission, that's pretty much it for him. Except for his rendition of Scientist Salarian, but I'll wager that's coming up in a much later update.

RK47 said:

:lol:

Well played, good sir.

So Kal'Reegar has died. He lived in mine, not that it really did all that much other than provide another talking NPC later on. Then again, going by how certain threads were treated in this game, you might only get an e-mail in ME3 from his upset widow.

And Geth Pulse Rifle? Finally, some EXTREME loot. Curious to see how that works out.

RK47

Patron
04.jpg

t.jpg
I'm scared, Shepard.

s.jpg
Is it because you're working with Cerberus?

t.jpg
I'm not working with Cerberus. I'm working with you. And I got leave to serve on the Normandy again. I have no idea what they're accusing me of. You'd think I would remember if I betrayed the Fleet!

s.jpg
Nobody who knows you could believe you'd betray your people, Tali.

t.jpg
I don't know. They don't lay charges like this unless the evidence seems absolute. But thanks. I appreciate your faith in me, Shepard.

s.jpg
What happens when a quarian is accused of treason?

t.jpg
There's hearing, with members of the Admiralty Board acting as judges. My father is an admiral on the board. He'll have to recuse himself from the judgment. I can't even imagine what he's thinking right now. The punishment for treason is exile. If they convict me, I can never go back.

s.jpg
OK. Let's go find the flotilla.

t.jpg
I was going to book passage on another ship. I didn't think there would be time for you to help. Thank you, Shepard.

05.jpg

Tali's an engineer, and it's a terrible class in Insanity. Their drones don't last long and AI hacking requires target to be without armor/shields. Plus, her weapon of choice is a pistol and the short range shotgun.

Focus on her survival by maxing out HP. Then unlock her loyalty power to the max to get a much better offensive ability. Drain Energy drains enemy shield and boost your own. It is also capable of damaging synthetic foes regardless whether they have shield up or not. VERY useful when combined with researched shield upgrades and tech armor.

Ah well, guess we're headed to the quarian fleet. I have to dress appropriately. I heard my glowing eyes disturb some people...Of course I'm taking Zaeed as my second back-up. I have a feeling it's gonna be another geth-rape.

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

t.jpg
We'd like a security and quarantine team to meet us. Our ship is not clean.

It's morphin' time.

10.jpg

s2.jpg
I never actually reached the rank of Captain. Technically, I am no longer in the service of the Alliance military at all.

c.jpg
You're the Commander of the Normandy, responsible for the lives aboard it. That entitles you to respect among our people. "May you stand between your crew and harm as you lead them through the empty quarters of the stars"

t.jpg
Keelah se'lai. It's an old ship-captain's blessing, Shepard.

We're not here for that, Tali.

s2.jpg
What are the charges against Tali, Captain?

c.jpg
The charge is treason, and the punishment if she is found guilty is exile.

t.jpg
You know me, Captain. You know I'd never do that.

c.jpg
They're charging you with bringing active geth into the Fleet as part of a secret project.

t.jpg
That's insane! I never brought active geth aboard. I only sent parts and pieces.

s2.jpg
You sent back geth materials back to the Migrant Fleet?

t.jpg
My father was working on a project. He needed the materials. If I sent something back that was only damaged, not permanent inactive... No. No, I checked everything. I was careful.

c.jpg
Technically, I am under orders to place Tali'zorah under arrest pending the hearing. So, Tali...you're confined to this ship until this trial is over.

t.jpg
Thank you, Captain.

Phew. Everyone's wearing environ-suit. Non quarians had to wear them as well, to prevent spread of germs and such I guess. I used the spiffy DLC Recon Hood that gave 10% weapons damage for this mission. Cool, huh?

11.jpg

12.jpg

t.jpg
Wait. Raan, you called me "Vas Normandy"

r.jpg
I'm afraid I did, Tali. Admiralty Board moved to have you tried under that name, given your departure from the Neema.

s2.jpg
I take it being associated with a human ship is a bad sign.

t.jpg
They stripped me of my ship name. That's as good as declaring me exiled already.

r.jpg
It's not over yet, Tali. You have friends who still know you as Tali'zorah Vas Neema...whatever we must call you legally.

Whoever called these quarians as space Middle-Eastern isn't too far-off. Much akin to Arabs tendency to name their family members as Muhammad Shepard bin Extreme (meaning Muhammad Shepard, Son of Extreme), the quarians associate their name with the ships they are serving in. So in Tali'Zorah Vas Normandy's case, it means Tali, daughter of Zorah Family, Crew of Normandy.

s2.jpg
I guess we should get started. Does Tali have a defense counselor, someone who speaks for her side?

r.jpg
Indeed she does...Captain Shepard. She is part of your crew, now, recognized by quarian law. And remember, an accused is always represented by his or her ship's captain.

13.jpg

Shit.

14.jpg

You can assure Tali or tell her it's a bad choice. Paragon for former, Renegade for latter. I went with the Renegade response.

s2.jpg
Tali, I'm not a lawyer. Hell, everyone thinks I'm part of Cerberus! Do you really think I can help you?

t.jpg
They're trying to turn the crowd against me. That's why they changed my status to 'vas Normandy" This whole trial is a farce!

r.jpg
You underestimate us, Tali. Do not forget that you have friends as well as enemies. I delayed their attempt to try you in absentia. I convinced them to allow a human into our midst. You still have a chance. Present the truth as best as you can. It will have to be enough. Now come. I promised I would not delay you.

Wow, for real? No combat involved? WHY DO YOU LIE?

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

The crowd echoed, 'Keelah se'lai'. And the trial began.

r.jpg
The accused, Tali'Zorah vas Normandy has come with her captain to defend herself against the charge of treason.

19.jpg

r.jpg
Then you should not have declared Tali crew of Normandy, Admiral Koris. By right as Tali's captain, Shepard must stay.

k.jpg
Objection withdrawn.

r.jpg
Shepard vas Normandy, your crew member Tali'Zorah stands accused of treason. Will you speak for her?

20.jpg

Here I go, Tali!

21.jpg

Oh.. Huh? Yeah...well....

22.jpg

CLICK ON RED TEXT TO WIN ARGUMENT

s2.jpg
I shouldn't have to. When Tali helped me stop Saren and his geth army, her actions spoke for themselves. Without her help, none of you would be alive to put her on trial today.

g.jpg
Well said, Shepard. None of us should forget Tali's contribution to the fleet.

r.jpg
Tali, you are accused of bringing active geth to the Migrant Fleet. What say you?

s2.jpg
How could Tali have brought geth to the Fleet while serving on the Normandy?

x.jpg
To clarify, Shepard. Tali isn't accused of bringing back entire units -- only parts that could spontaneously reactivate.

t.jpg
But I would never send active geth to the Fleet! Everything I sent was disabled and harmless!

k.jpg
Then explain how geth seized the lab ship where your father was working!

23.jpg

The crowd gasped in shock. They were not aware of the crisis. Geth seizing a ship from the fleet? That's big.

t.jpg
What are you talking about? What happened?

g.jpg
As far as we can tell, Tali, the geth have killed your everyone on board the Alarei...your father included.

Nice timing, assholes.

24.jpg

Leave Tali ALONE!

s2.jpg
I THOUGHT QUARIANS VALUED FAMILY! HOW DO YOU JUSTIFY SPRINGING THIS ON TALI IN THE MIDDLE OF A DAMN TRIAL?

r.jpg
Our apologies. Tali should have been informed.

t.jpg
Shepard, we have to take back the Alarei!

k.jpg
The safest course would be to simply destroy the ship. But if you are looking for an honorable death instead of exile.

Admiral Koris is an asshole.

25.jpg

r.jpg
You intend to retake the Alarei from the geth? This proposal is extremely dangerous.

Lady, EXTREME is my first name.

s2.jpg
You think Tali is helping the geth? Maybe killing a few dozen will prove her loyalty.

k.jpg
We do not accuse Tali of aiding geth cause. We accuse her of carelessness that endangered the fleet.

r.jpg
Then it is decided. You will attempt to retake the Alarei. You are hereby given leave to depart the Rayya. A shuttle will be waiting at the secondary docking hangar. Be safe, Tali. This hearing will resume upon your return or upon determination that you have been killed in action.

Yeah, decided by combat again.

t.jpg
Thank you for agreeing to take back the Alarei, Shepard. The admirals sound sure that my father is already dead, but.. I don't know. We won't know anything until we get there.

s2.jpg
How are you holding up? They just threw a lot of fire at you, even before telling you about your father.

t.jpg
I knew this would be bad, but I guess you're never really prepared to be charged with treason.

26.jpg

Fact: Tali doesn't know.

s2.jpg
(This is my chance to get under her pants! Don't blow it, Shep!) Let's go.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
There are actually two non combat loyalty missions, Thane's, which is really boring, and Samara's, which almost manages to be super design. As it is its just a good non combat mission.

Also: No poll for romance? Bleh I say, Bleh!

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Whoever called these quarians as space Middle-Eastern isn't too far-off. Much akin to Arabs tendency to name their family members as Muhammad Shepard bin Extreme (meaning Muhammad Shepard, Son of Extreme), the quarians associate their name with the ships they are serving in. So in Tali'Zorah Vas Normandy's case, it means Tali, daughter of Zorah Family, Crew of Normandy.

Which makes a lot of sense considering how the Quarians developed.

It's good to see more of the species, they seem pretty well thought-out.

It's funny how a concensus-BBS gamel ike Drakensang can do a trail better than Mass Effect. Shit, the trial sequence in notorious piece-of-shit Rise of the Argonauts trumps this.

Also man the excitement is building! If you fail to get into those jailbait alien pants I will never forgive you, RK47!
PS: is there a renegade option to kill her through sex?

Jaeder said:
Also: No poll for romance? Bleh I say, Bleh!

Let's just pretend he pulled the BioWare community and the legion of creepy "Talimancers" made it a landslide.

So, so creepy.

RK47

Patron
Before we leave on the shuttle, we stumbled on poor Veetor. Remember him from Freedom's Progress? Choices and Consequences, bitches!

27.jpg

28.jpg

t.jpg
Poor Veetor! What did Cerberus do to him?

29.jpg

s2.jpg
(Bluff) Your patient was pretty disturbed when we found him. His health problems were effects of the Collector attack.

t.jpg
Shepard! You're trying to justify what Cerberus did?

30.jpg

31.jpg

t.jpg
It doesn't need to be.

s2.jpg
I didn't mean to upset him. I'll leave.

Whoops. Guess we won't see you on Mass Effect 3, Veetor!

Let's get a little profiling on the three judges.

32.jpg

First, Admiral Xen.

t.jpg
I'm looking for information about the Alarei. I don't intend to bribe you in the middle of the Plaza, Admiral.

x.jpg
A pleasure to meet you, Commander Shepard. We owe you a debt of gratitude for your actions against the geth.

s2.jpg
Tali was with me. Saren an the geth would have destroyed us all without her help.

x.jpg
Your political machinations are transparent, Commander. They are also unnecessary. If you and your father actually experimented on active geth subjects, then you are simply idiots. No reason to waste resources on a trial. If not, then this is a tragic accident in the pursuit of a higher cause. Again, no trial is needed to determine that.

s2.jpg
It sounds like your ideas about synthetics are in the minority.

x.jpg
Yes. At least on the Admiralty Board. Han'Gerrel sees an enemy that must be crushed. Zaal'Koris would run away and hide on some new colony world. Shala' Raan is still undecided. I had thought Rael to be firmly in Han's camp, but if his experiments were on active geth, perhaps we have ideas in common.

s2.jpg
You support experiments on living creatures?

x.jpg
Rael should have felt no more guilt experimenting on geth than I did while performing surgery on a childhood toy.

t.jpg
The fact that you performed surgery on your childhood toy explains a great deal, Admiral.

x.jpg
A ship travels faster than I can. With the right programming, it can choose locations, even defend itself when attacked. But it is just a machine. It was built for the sole purpose of serving its master. And it can be dismantled whenever its master desires.

s2.jpg
If you're not interested in the trial, why not just recuse yourself?

x.jpg
And let that aging warship Gerrel and that cowardly Koris be the ones to chart this course? I think not. The broader purpose underlying the trial is too important. Tali'Zorah is only peripherally related. No offense intended.

t.jpg
And what is the true purpose of this trial, Admiral?

x.jpg
To determine whether quarians should fear their past mistakes, or reclaim their glory using our natural affinity for artificial intelligence.

s2.jpg
So the only reason you care about this is because Rael might have learned something valuable from the geth?

x.jpg
Indeed. If he has, than even in this accident, we may find something worthwhile.

t.jpg
You want to create new AIs?

x.jpg
No, Tali'Zorah. I wish to return the geth to the control of their rightful masters, the quarian race.

t.jpg
You're insane.

Well, yeah. I guess we might see her in Mass Effect 3.

That's enough update for now. I need to take a break.

lightbane

Arcane
Moar proof of recycling: A damn trial with an obviously evil asshole that surely sabotaged the ship, and a retarded design for a helmet/mask (both from KOTOR). Let's see what happens now...

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Your rapid-fire updating is the best thing since peanut butter, RK47.

RK47

Patron
Shala'Raan, the Admiral who delayed the trial.

33.jpg

r.jpg
The admirals needed to hear the shock in your voice, Tali. Otherwise, they might not let you try to retake the Alarei. That is the best chance at recovering evidence that can exonerate you. I'm sorry. We cannot afford sensitivity, Tali.

s2.jpg
At least someone here is looking out for Tali. Will retaking the Alarei really help her case?

r.jpg
Tali showing a desire to correct mistakes she may have made will make up for a lot of lost ground. But more importantly, you may find evidence of what happened. With luck, it will exonerate Tali from any wrongdoing.

s2.jpg
There seemed to be some other arguments going on among the admirals.

r.jpg
Yes. You caught that. The geth presence makes this a touchy issue. The Admiralty Board is trying to determine whether to focus on colonial development or attempt to retake the homeworld.

t.jpg
You're thinking of war? With the geth?

s2.jpg
I know the Migrant Fleet is formidable, but even you can't take on the geth.

r.jpg
We grow tired of wandering the stars, Shepard. We want out world back. We have paid enough for our mistake.

Admiral Gerrel is a war enthusiast.

34.jpg

s2.jpg
You disagree with Admiral Koris' policies, I'm guessing? Or is it personal?

k.jpg
That man is a geth apologist. Thinks we were wrong to try to destroy them centuries ago. He wants us to search for new colony possibilities instead of taking back the homeworld. Any research on the geth makes him angry. You don't have much chance with him, I'm afraid.

s2.jpg
It sounds like we're dealing with more politics than just Tali bringing back equipment.

g.jpg
You noticed that, didn't you? Tali's father wasn't just running weapons test on the geth for fun. He was looking for something to give us an edge when we attack the geth in a full scale war.

t.jpg
My father wanted to retake the homeworld someday, but are we that close?

Yeah, another 2 years and a sequel later, I'm guessing.

g.jpg
I dunno, Kid. We almost had the votes. We just need to give people hope for victory.

s2.jpg
I hope the quarian people find someplace to live, Admiral, but it sounds like you're playing with fire.

g.jpg
We're too comfortable now, Shepard. We've got the largest fleet in the galaxy, and we just ride around doing nothing.

t.jpg
We might need that fleet to help fight the Reapers, Admiral.

g.jpg
Then we need a world to shelter our noncombatants while we do it.

Admiral Korris, the geth apologist, called for peace.

s2.jpg
What exactly is your problem with my crew member, Admiral?

k.jpg
I respect Tali immensely. Her actions against Saren are to be lauded. But like her father, she wants nothing but the destruction of the geth...the people we created. The people we wronged.

t.jpg
The geth drove us from our homeworld!

k.jpg
Of course they did. We tried to kill them.

s2.jpg
Can the quarians coexist with geth after all your history?

k.jpg
I don't know. We all deserve to find out. They are our children, Shepard. We have all done horrible things to each other, but it has to end. For both groups. That is why I cannot sanction whatever experiments you helped enable, Tali'Zorah. I believe this message needs to be sent.

t.jpg
I understand, Admiral. I do not agree with you, but I understand.

Enough talk. Let's head to the Alarei!

35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

Small spaces, claustrophobic. Gonna be hard to find cover with geth troops crawling around The main danger is the Geth Hunters with shotguns. They can kill Shep in two hits. Cloaking, slowly creeping forward. I usually drop his shield asap, then follow it up with Throw Biotic to keep him away.

38.jpg

Don't worry, girl. We'll set this straight.

39.jpg

Tali Engineer abilities is VERY weak. AI Hack only lasts 6 seconds. The AI Drone is slightly more useful. Drop it behind an enemy, this will make the geth turn around to attack it. Unload clip on its back. Repeat.

40.jpg

Do not let the above happen too often. I died here from two hits. When Hunter came in pairs, I don't really have an option but retreat to the previous room to buy more time. Even made use of the Particle beam to rip their shields apart.

41.jpg

Once shields are down. Throw them to the floor. Then pull out the pistol plant a few slugs on their head or Warp it to death.

Came across a monitor that Tali could hack.

s2.jpg
Could any of that data clear your name?

t.jpg
This is mostly results data. Effects of different disruptive hacking techniques. I don't understand all of it.

42.jpg

t.jpg
What was all this, father? You promised you'd build me a house on the homeworld. Was this going to bring us back home?

You can tell her it's a bad idea to go to war (Paragon) or it's a worthy promise (Renegade). No need to guess which one E. Shepard took.

s2.jpg
You'll reclaim your homeland someday, Tali. If your father can't help you, I will. (FUCK, YEAH!)

t.jpg
Taking back our planet would only be the beginning. We'd have to cannibalize our Fleet to rebuild cities and infrastructure. It would take generations of gene therapy to re-adapt our immune systems, so we could live without suits again. We'll be adapting our entire culture. Again! Sometimes I wonder if it's actually worth it.

Heh, again you can tell her maybe quarians should settle elsewhere or going to war is worth it.

s2.jpg
If you don't take back your home, the geth win.

t.jpg
I won't let that happen. Not today--not ever. At the very least, we can take back one ship. Come on.

43.jpg

The next part is tricky. There's one stair case and a doorway spawning a dozen troops and 2-3 hunters waves. Need to kill the hunters first. I pulled out the particle beam again and repeat the shield-throw tactic.

44.jpg

45.jpg

Looks like we're clear to the last room.

46.jpg

Hey -what? An intact body. First one I've found in this lab ship.

47.jpg

Shit.

48.jpg

I'm sorry, Tali. Your father isn't Bruce Wayne.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPey3RJpqPg

49.jpg

Did...she cry when I died two years ago? How old was she?

Tali...

50.jpg

Tali. Please.

51.jpg

I'm here.

52.jpg

So please.

53.jpg

Be strong.

54.jpg

RK47

Patron
And at last, Shep let go.

t.jpg
Damn it! Damn it. I'm sorry.

55.jpg

56.jpg

57.jpg

Looks like Tali's dad is the green ranger.

td.jpg
Their main hub will be on the bridge. You'll need to destroy it to stop their VI processes from forming new neural links. Make sure Han'Gerrel and Daro'Xen see the data. They must--

t.jpg
Thanks, dad.

Hmmm. Even in death, Tali's father still wants to pass the research data to war the geth.

s2.jpg
Do you want to get your father back to the shuttle?

t.jpg
No. Leave him. The mission comes first. It's what he would have wanted. Come on. Let's finish this.

58.jpg

The final server room contains a Geth Prime, a pair of Geth Troop and a Hunter.

59.jpg

Obviously destroy the Hunter first. Prime has three layer of protection. Shield. Armor and Health. He also summons a Drone periodically.

60.jpg

Use drone and your own men for distraction. Drop his shield with SMG fire or Particle Beam. Once he's down to armor, warp for more damage.

61.jpg

AI hacking works on him too once armor is down. Since there are no allies to shoot at, he'll stand there like an idiot. Free kill.

t.jpg
This console is linked to the main hub Father mentioned. Disabling it shut down any geth we missed. It looks like some recordings remained intact. They'll tell us how this happened, what Father did.

s2.jpg
Play the recording.

62.jpg

63.jpg

64.jpg

65.jpg

66.jpg

Tali's father was the guilty party. He wanted to create a virus to combat the geth, and the only way to test it is to bring some geth to operational status for 'hacking practice'. Case closed. Tali should be happy about this.

s2.jpg
Your father was deliberately networking the geth to sapience to do weapons tests.

t.jpg
That breaks our most sacred laws. Laws that predate our flight from the homeworld! Everything here is his fault! I tried to pretend it didn't point to him, but this...When this comes up in the trial, they'll...

She still wanted to protect her father.

t.jpg
We can't tell them, not the admirals, not anyone.

s2.jpg
Rael'Zorah doesn't need you to worry about him anymore. You heard him say he didn't want you to be to be caught in the politics!

t.jpg
You don't understand, Shepard. They would strike his name from the manifest of every ship he ever served on. He would be worse than an exile. He'd be a traitor to our people, held up for children as a monster in cautionary tale!

Sounds like a terrible way to be remembered.

t.jpg
I can't let all the good he did be destroyed for this, Shepard.

s2.jpg
We're not going to decide anything here. Let's see what the admirals say once we get back.

t.jpg
You're my captain in this hearing, Shepard. It's your decision. But please. Don't destroy what my father was.

I can't let you take the blame, Tali. I'll think up of something.

67.jpg

Looks like they started without us.

68.jpg

s2.jpg
You didn't waste much time declaring us dead. Go get your ship.

g.jpg
We apologize, Shepard. Your success in taking back the Alarei is very unexpected.

r.jpg
But also very welcome.

g.jpg
Did you find anything on the Alarei that could clarify what happened here?

69.jpg

It's time, Tali.

t.jpg
Shepard...please...

I can give the evidence, clearing Tali's name but damning her father
Or..let Tali accept the blame and get her exiled.

But there's always the third option...

70.jpg

The fourth option only comes up if you have enough Paragon points. The fifth option appears if you refused to hand over Veetor to Cerberus AND kept Rael'Gar alive in Haelstorm. These two will vouch for Tali's character and clear her of all charges without the need to provide evidence. C&C, eh?

Time to stop the bullshit and start the truth.

71.jpg

r.jpg
WHAT?

k.jpg
THIS IS A FORMAL PROCEEDING!

THIS IS EXTREME COURT DEFENSE MOTHAFUCKA!

72.jpg

k.jpg
That is completely--

73.jpg

g.jpg
I...I...

74.jpg

75.jpg

76.jpg

You can't handle THE TRUTH!

77.jpg

78.jpg

Shep gets to make a statement at the end of the trial. He can support the war effort or not. Or he can tell them to fuck off for bothering his crew.

s2.jpg
With this trial over, I hope you can get back to more important matters... like taking your homeworld back from the geth.

g.jpg
We'll drink a toast on the homeworld, Shepard. Mark my words.

r.jpg
This hearing is concluded. Go in peace. Tali'Zorah vas Normandy. Keelah se'lai.

79.jpg

t.jpg
It's been a while since anyone shouted down the Admiralty Board. I think it was good for them. Thank you for being there for my father and me, even when...Thank you.

s2.jpg
Tali, about what your father said, what he did... You deserved better.

80.jpg

Dear, diary. Jackpot!

81.jpg

t.jpg
Thank you... Captain.

82.jpg

83.jpg

Loyalty power unlocked!

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
CLICK ON RED TEXT TO WIN ARGUMENT

:lol:

No, Tali'Zorah. I wish to return the geth to the control of their rightful masters, the quarian race.

And everything falls into place...

BTW, The Quarians are a bunch of alienz exiled from their homeworld and now living on spaceships? Can you say 'Eldar'?

Angthoron

Arcane
Great thread. And despite all the "fake choices" and all that, Tali's loyalty mission looks like fun. Out of curiosity, are there any other quarians to pester on the Flotilla for side-quests and such, or is it pretty much just focusing on Tali?

RK47

Patron
It's a side mission. There really isn't anything else to be done except to do with the trial. There's not even a merchant.

Angthoron

Arcane
Yesh, well. I was sort of thinking it might be more in line with side missions from, say, BG2, with Nalia's keep or the likes.

Of course, it makes more sense this way, Shep is there to help Tali and not explore the wonderful culture of the Flotilla.

As a related question, do you skip some (all?) of the optional non-sidekick side-quests for this LP? I suppose punching out the reporter woman might have been one of the potential side-quest moment.

Edit: Also, whee, new page.

LusciousPear

Savant
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Angthoron said:
Great thread. And despite all the "fake choices" and all that, Tali's loyalty mission looks like fun. Out of curiosity, are there any other quarians to pester on the Flotilla for side-quests and such, or is it pretty much just focusing on Tali?

One thing I really disliked is that the trial was a few lines of dialogue at most. Hell, I think Chrono Trigger had a longer court scene. A little more depth, plz

Angthoron

Arcane
Well, on the other hand it's better than Obsidian's trial in the sense of "Oh, well, you passed all your persuade/intimidate/bluff rolls, you've picked all the right arguments... NOW FIGHT TO THE DEATH!" kind of nonsense.

If you're going to fight to the death, might as well let the player pick the EXTREME option and cut the bullshit.

Edit: Although yes, an actual functional trial would have been great.

Pliskin

Arbiter
Angthoron said:
Well, on the other hand it's better than Obsidian's trial in the sense of "Oh, well, you passed all your persuade/intimidate/bluff rolls, you've picked all the right arguments... NOW FIGHT TO THE DEATH!" kind of nonsense.

But it does sort of devolve to that: You have to go fight the Geth in the lab ship, and when you come back, the main line of defense is "we have triumphed against yr enemies! Gawd must have judged us worthy --- how can you do any different?"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom