Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect 2 : LP Complete, Releasing Control.

Pliskin

Arbiter
RK47 said:
Pliskin said:
RK47 said:
Mordin came with enough points to max out his Incinerate power. Leaving one point on Cryo Blast. Looks can be deceiving, Mordin is a deadly opponent against organics. Once Miranda drop enemy shields, Incinerate will set the organics aflame, burning down armor and causing them to panic. His primary role is that of an Anti Armor.

About the time I hit the Collector ship, I discovered it really doesnt matter which ammo / power you use to take down shields / barriers / armor --- even if they're highlighted in red they still work. I've taken down entire shields with one hit from the fireball spell (or whatever it's called) even tho the game insists I should have used Overload.

That's because damage powers still work against protection albeit at a reduced effectiveness. Remember, when used against non shielded living targets, Incinerate will cause them to panic and take heavy damage. I can't count the number of time when I just know the target's dead once his shields are down because Mordin's ready with his Incinerate. Timing squad powers is key to faster kills in Insanity.

Compare that to disabling powers like Lift & such. Where they simply 'stagger'. In normal difficulty it might be enough time to kill them. In Insanity it's just a waste of your cooldown. Especially in later parts. ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL, much?

I was never out of it, since I don't trust my squaddies AI any farther then I can biotically throw them. Tis true, powers specifically keyed for a particular defense do more damage against that particular defense, but my point being, you can still do considerable damage with any power, irregardless.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Back in the Normandy

ME2-030.jpg

jacobA.jpg
Yeah. You've said that a few times now.

mirandaA.jpg
A normal krogan is dangerous. This one was created, and likely educated, by a madman.

ME2-031.jpg

mirandaA.jpg
It's your decision, Commander. Just be careful.

Time to chat up with the crew.

jacobA.jpg
Commander. Can I help you with something?

shepardB.jpg
I'm more interested in talking for a bit.

jacobA.jpg
If you want, Commander. Cerberus has ranks, but it's not the Alliance. No rules about fraternization. Your boat, your call. You want to get friendly with everyone, that's your business.

shepardB.jpg
Relax, Jacob. I'm just interested in what makes you tick.

jacobA.jpg
Anyone said that, I'd walk away. Most Cerberus people try to play like the Illusive Man hiding bullshit behind a smile. But you-- I like what I've seen. I'll give you a shot. What do you want to know?

shepardB.jpg
You seem okay with taking a risk with on me. Why?

jacobA.jpg
Soldiers like us know how important trust is to the crew. I'm not used to seeing it on a Cerberus Ship. Definitely not from the people they put in command. But you focus on more than the job. A threat this big, you can't just throw people at it blind. They need inspiration.

shepardB.jpg
As long as everyone's inspired to do their jobs the way I ask, we'll get along fine.

jacobA.jpg
That works to a point. Trouble is, it's never obvious until it's too late. Anway, I should get back to prep. Nice talking to you, Shepard. Let's do it again sometimes.

Yeah. Jacob's a straight soldier guy. Probably the one that Shepard can relate to the most. I think we can trust him.

Let's go see Mordin in his lab.

shepardB.jpg
Have you got a minute to talk?

mordinB.jpg
Yes. Would like that, actually. Talked about work earlier. Time with STG. Studying genophage. Wasn't entirely honest. Lie of omission. Also other kinds. Need to clear the air. Mission too important to keep secrets. Work on genophage was more than just study.

shepardB.jpg
I had a feeling you were holding something back.

mordinB.jpg
Apologies. Classified information. But you've earned the full story. Need to know me. What can I do. What I did. Wasn't lying completely. Initially just did recon. But uncovered data. Troubling.

Uh oh.

mordinA.jpg
Krogan population was increasing at faster rate than expected. Krogan were adapting to genophage. Overcoming disease.

shepardB.jpg
The krogans are dangerous enough already. With an unchecked birthrate, they could endanger the whole galaxy.

mordinA.jpg
Exactly. Salarian government agreed. Authorized STG to take steps. Personally led a science team. Geneticists, chemists, sociologists, mathematicians. Created new version of genophage. Released it on Tuchanka, other krogan-centric areas. Restabilized the population.

shepardB.jpg
If the krogans are so dangerous, why not just sterilize them outright?

mordinA.jpg
Not a war criminal. Not a murderer. Genocide unnecessary.

Denial.

mordinA.jpg
Krogan as a whole violent, aggressive. Still have outliers. Worth saving. Genophage modification protected galaxy, allowed krogan chance to survive. Everyone wins. Good for us, good for them!

He didn't sound very convinced. And that line of reasoning...they were too few to make a difference against galactic threats. They are too violent to serve as guardians.

shepardB.jpg
You were protecting galactic stability. I'm glad to see you were willing to do what was necessary.

mordinA.jpg
Indeed. Collectors doing horrific things. May face hard choices. Wanted you to know I'm willing to do what's necessary. Should get back to work. Talk more later.

random_encounter

Educated
Turok said:
Ok i read about the Council die on this post, what happen if in ME1 i let the council live, it change anything on ME2?
If the Council lives, you talk to them once in the Presidium before passing you off to Anderson, but they give you the same song and dance that Captain, err, Councilor Anderson does in explaining away the Reapers as a mass hallucination that only Shepard was a party to.

They do, however, "reinstate" your Spectre status...not that it does much since you're in the Terminus Systems...as a symbolic gesture of their support. They still come to the conclusion that you're delusional about the Reapers and blame the geth for creating Sovereign, but they won't stop you from investigating this on your own either.

In other words, they give you a lot of talk and little else in the same way that Anderson had explained things when he was the only one there.

RK47 said:
shepardE.jpg
I'm getting you out of here. Bioware scriptwriters can figure out if you're useful or not.
Heh, that read right into the story as if it belonged there. Nice turn.

RK47

Patron
I haven't decided whether to release the krogan from the tank or not. He could prove to be another mistake like Wrex. But I have to leave it for later since the Illusive Man wants to see me.

ME2-032.jpg

ME2-033.jpg

Looks like it's big.

ME2-034.jpg

ME2-035.jpg
If it isn't under attack, it soon will be. Has Mordin delivered the countermeasure for the seeker swarms?

shepardD.jpg
Not yet.

ME2-035.jpg
Let's hope he works well under pressure. There's something else you should know. One of your former crew, Ashley Williams, is stationed on Horizon.

Interesting.

shepardD.jpg
Send the coordinates. We'll head straight there.

ME2-035.jpg
This is the most warning we've ever had, Shepard. Good luck.

ME2-036.jpg

It seemed Mordin managed to capture a live seeker insect from the Collector's swarm. And caged it in a force field. It can only mean one thing.

shepardD.jpg
Tell me you have something.

ME2-037.jpg

That all knowing smile says it all.

mordinB.jpg
Yes.

Horizon

ME2-038.jpg

ME2-039.jpg

ME2-040.jpg
Still can't calibrate the targeting matrix?

ME2-041.jpg
Those defense towers are useless if we don't figure it out.

ME2-040.jpg
Sorry, Chief. Getting our comm systems back online takes priority.

ME2-041.jpg
Yeah, okay. Surprised people haven't tried to blame that one on me, too.

ME2-040.jpg
People out here don't trust the Alliance. It's nothing personal. Wait...what is that?

ME2-042.jpg

ME2-043.jpg

ME2-041.jpg
Get everyone to a safe house. I'll cover you. RUN!

ME2-044.jpg

ME2-045.jpg

ME2-046.jpg

ME2-047.jpg

ME2-048.jpg

ME2-049.jpg

ME2-050.jpg

ME2-051.jpg

ME2-052.jpg

ME2-053.jpg

ME2-054.jpg

ME2-055.jpg

ME2-056.jpg

ME2-057.jpg

ME2-058.jpg

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
So Ashley does return!

So, what, if you'd killed her instead of Carth, would Carth be there instead?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Brother None said:
So Ashley does return!

So, what, if you'd killed her instead of Carth, would Carth be there instead?
Yup. C&C biatches!

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
hiciacit said:
Sceptic said:
RK47 said:
bailey.jpg
We have the best screening equipment in the galaxy. Those scanners can sample DNA from skin flakes.
You fail biology forever.

What do you mean?

He's probably referring to the fact that 95% of the outer layer of skin consists of keratinocytes, a specialized type of cell that has lost its nucleus, and as such contains no DNA. The top-most layer, the one that makes up our flakes, is called the stratum corneum and consists solely of keratinocytes.

For there to be DNA in the flakes, you'd have to shed some of the lower layers as well, which you more or less only do if you have psoriasis.

At least as far as I understood it.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Yep, that's what I was thinking. There's a couple other cases in which you could shed DNA-containing keratinocytes, but they all involve skin lesions and similar problems. In the case of someone with healthy skin shedding flakes, they'll contain no DNA whatsoever, which will make sampling DNA from them pretty difficult ;)

RK47

Patron
@ work atm.

So, what do you guys think of the Collectors so far? Are they a better villain than the geth?

Universe Lore wise, I think they portray Cerberus too noble. It's been two years since the first game and I haven't met a single Cerberus operative that I disagreed with so far. Jacob's an honest soldier. Miranda's the intelligent type that doesn't seem to lie. They're missing the 3rd ingredient. The covert ruthless type of operative. Someone like Renegade Shepard, only more willing to blur the lines like Saren, someone who goes against the principle of 'Save the Galaxy' Shepard has. A xenophobe would do to put some anti alien tension in the crew. Only Illusive Man seemed capable of holding a hidden agenda, however that is expected from the Mastermind in charge of the whole operations.

About Carth / Ashley. I think the scriptwriters are either saving it for the third game or feel there's too many humans already in the squad. They can't join us. And boy, is the reason retarded. Tonight's update will show that.

And the Citadel shit is just Bioware being lazy. Hell, the justification of not investigating the disappearance is simple and was already given in the first game. It's the Terminus System. They can't just send an armada over to investigate or it'll trigger conflict with the batarians and other nefarious races who are not part of the Citadel Alliance. Not this 'LA-LA-LA REAPERS ARE IMAGINARY I CAN'T HEAR YOU~~' bullshit.

At the very least they should've written in one Citadel operative to join our cause, should we choose to request Anderson/Council for aid. It would add tension between the Citadel operative and the Cerberus Crew from mistrust as well as giving perspective from the other side for Shepard to review when making decision. (Cerberus' & Citadel views)

I heard... that if you play Bioware games for too long you start to become one of them.

-insert standard "Humanity demands it. Resist." rant here-

random_encounter

Educated
RK47 said:
@ work atm.

So, what do you guys think of the Collectors so far? Are they a better villain than the geth?
Without spoiling what comes out later, I'll only say that they could have been great, but it's hard not to feel how invented they feel for the sequel. Why hadn't they been gathering human colonists from the start? It's not as if the Reaper invasion, had it succeeded, would have removed the reason for doing it. But as villains versus the geth, I thought the reasons for being were interesting, but they could have been more.

RK47 said:
Universe Lore wise, I think they portray Cerberus too noble. It's been two years since the first game and I haven't met a single Cerberus operative that I disagreed with so far. Jacob's an honest soldier. Miranda's the intelligent type that doesn't seem to lie. They're missing the 3rd ingredient. The covert ruthless type of operative. Someone like Renegade Shepard, only more willing to blur the lines like Saren, someone who goes against the principle of 'Save the Galaxy' Shepard has. A xenophobe would do to put some anti alien tension in the crew. Only Illusive Man seemed capable of holding a hidden agenda, however that is expected from the Mastermind in charge of the whole operations.
I agree with what you are saying. Most of the "scum" that you ally with too easily show a soft-side to their personality that doesn't make them seem as bad. Having someone step in for Pressley as your new first officer when Shepard goes ashore, someone who clearly shows restraint for the contempt he holds for the aliens that Shepard brings aboard, could have given the story...and Cerberus...some much needed tension that reminds the player that while the organization does its best to hide that face for the time being, it's still there. Right behind him.

RK47 said:
About Carth / Ashley. I think the scriptwriters are either saving it for the third game or feel there's too many humans already in the squad. They can't join us. And boy, is the reason retarded. Tonight's update will show that.
Well, the DLC guy, Zaeed, was another human added to the crew. He was actually more EXTREME than some of the others during his loyalty mission.

And yes, the reason felt lazy.

RK47 said:
And the Citadel shit is just Bioware being lazy. Hell, the justification of not investigating the disappearance is simple and was already given in the first game. It's the Terminus System. They can't just send an armada over to investigate or it'll trigger conflict with the batarians and other nefarious races who are not part of the Citadel Alliance. Not this 'LA-LA-LA REAPERS ARE IMAGINARY I CAN'T HEAR YOU~~' bullshit.

At the very least they should've written in one Citadel operative to join our cause, should we choose to request Anderson/Council for aid. It would add tension between the Citadel operative and the Cerberus Crew from mistrust as well as giving perspective from the other side for Shepard to review when making decision. (Cerberus' & Citadel views)
I would have liked to have seen interplay like that between several of the characters, perhaps opening up more opportunities for you to interact with the crew when the two have it out in arguing their points of view. But then there wouldn't have been room for Subject Zero.

Phelot

Arcane
I'm fine, tipped hat at askance.

I've so far held you back from my rantings, but you know what you did was bad, don't you? You've been fighting doubt itself, elusive as I am.

You should have doubts about what you're doing, about what you've done.

Except that you can't remember exactly, is that it?

I should spend some time enlightening you, massacres occur at your beck and call, worlds destroyed, reborn, alight with the screams of the dying. Perhaps S'bhuth will tell you what I cannot accept as truth, but perhaps he will just be lying, overcome by power and deceit, my domain.

Do you know what kind of hat I'm wearing?

A party hat; you don't get one. An honor will this party be, a party in your honor, for your honor. Some of Tfear's personal guards are going to be there. You'll be introduced shortly.

Prepare to die.

RK47

Patron
Sovy Kurosei said:
random_encounter said:
But then there wouldn't have been room for Subject Zero.

You make that sound like it is a bad thing!

LOL. Agreed 100%.

Also googling 'S'bhuth', didn't really made any sense to me :lol:

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Are you going to get some of the available DLC and play that too, RK47?
I never got that Zaeed DLC and completed the game + uninstall before I realised it was even available.

Do it for me? :doeeyes:

Pliskin

Arbiter
RK47 said:

Yah, I expected Cerberus to be staffed by a die-hard crew of Earth-Firsters. They seemed way to bland and multikult --- especially yr secretary Kelly, and her alien fetish. WTF, girl?

Again: WTF, girl? If anybody would jump at the chance to join Cerberus, you'd think it would be Ashley's space-redneck ass.

Being saved for an DLC or expansion maybe? Wouldn't put it passed them.

filogreek

Scholar
I don't know if this has been posted already, but has anyone checked out some of the hidden squad-member vids on youtube? Seems to be an 'unfinished' thief-like character called Kasumi, and thus upcoming DLC.
If it isn't free to Cerberus Network members, then fuck that. Seems all PC users need to finish it off is the downloadable character texture.

Sound clips/observations from the character:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNumDS_jHb0&feature=related

Gameplay clips using placeholder character model but still quite a bit of recorded dialog (note, will spoil the last mission):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eKZq_dWW7s&feature=related

-if someone wants to make a thread about this to lol@ bioware's DLC silliness then go ahead.

RK47

Patron
horizon01.jpg

I took Jacob along to show a slight synergy in his power mix with Miranda. I made a mistake evolving his Incendiary Power to have more area effect, but it's alright. Even with Squad ammo powers, he is still outperformed by other squad members due to his poor weapons of choice. Shotguns just don't work for squad members. They pop out of cover too often and that means death in Insanity. Mordin would have been a better choice for this mission. When enemy is under the effect of Jacob's Pull power, they will take extra damage from direct biotic damage like Warp/Throw.

horizon02.jpg

shepardA.jpg
We're groundside, Mordin, you sure those armor upgrades will protect us from the seeker swarms?

mordinA.jpg
Certainly impossible. But in limited numbers, should confuse detection, make us invisible to swarms. In theory.

jacobA.jpg
In theory?

mordinB.jpg
Experimental technology. Only test is contact with seeker swarms. Look forward to seeing you survive!

horizon03.jpg

Alright, new enemy type. Collectors do not rely on shields for protection. Their basic drone uses Barrier instead, making Warp the power of choice for any encounter. SMGs also make short work of them. Collector guardians are slightly more resistant to kill and can erect force field that absorbs incoming attacks.

horizon04.jpg

The Husks make a return. They're still weak as ever, but now they can stagger you when they land melee hits. Kinda dangerous, but Shep can melee back as well.

horizon05.jpg

shepardA.jpg
Those things look like the husks the geth used on Eden Prime.

mirandaA.jpg
The geth got that technology from Sovereign.

jacobA.jpg
The Illusive Man was right. A solid link from the Collectors to the Reapers.

Not a very comforting thought.

horizon06.jpg

jacobA.jpg
No. On Eden Prime they used giant spikes to turn people into husks. Dragon's Teeth. I don't see any here. These aren't the colonists. The Collectors took them for something else. Live.

shepardA.jpg
The colony is under attack, remember? Let's move out.

horizon07.jpg

horizon08.jpg

Finally, the epic loot that is only available on Hardcore Difficulty & above. The Collector Particle Cannon is a laser rifle that is highly accurate and trumps all other heavy weapons in terms of efficiency and effectiveness. Definitely not using other heavy weapons from now on.

horizon09.jpg

Collectors are capable of limited flight. But doesn't seem to use it during a firefight. Strange really, they could've flown to rooftops and rain death from superior position instead of landing on grass in front of us.

horizon10.jpg

You'll hear this often when fighting Collectors. And this means bad news.

horizon11.jpg

Meet the Harbinger. A souped up Collector. On this first encounter, they're still scripted. On latter missions when any Collecter is at low health, the Harbinger will take over and returns to full health & barrier. And gains armor. They are capable of throwing explosive biotics to stagger you out of cover, so it's best to stay on the move. Warp these bastards to hell before they do can inflict too much damage.

We bypassed a warehouse door and Shep sensed another person inside.

horizon12.jpg

horizon13.jpg

shepardA.jpg
I cleared a path! You're lucky you're not in the hold of a Collector ship right now.

colony.jpg
Those things are Collectors? You mean...they're real? I thought they were just made up. You know --- propaganda. To keep us in Alliance Space. No! They got Lilith. I saw her go down. Sten, too. They got damn near everybody!

shepardA.jpg
I need to know what I'm up against. Tell me everything you remember.

colony.jpg
We lost our comm signals a few hours ago. I came down to check on the main grid. Then I heard screaming. I looked outside and there was..swarms of bugs. Everyone they touched just froze. I sealed the doors. Damn it -- it's the Alliance's fault! They stationed that Chief Williams here and built those defense towers. It made us a target!

shepardA.jpg
Why do you think this is the Alliance's fault?

colony.jpg
We're just a small colony. Nobody bothered us before we started building those damn defense towers and draw attention to ourselves. I left Council space to get away from Alliance. Nothing good ever comes from getting mixed up with them.

shepardA.jpg
The Alliance doesn't care about Terminus colonies.

colony.jpg
Damn straight. That's what I tried to tell everybody. The Alliance didn't send someone out here because they want to help us. They were after something. Always are.

Interesting. Are they aware of the Collector's threat? But why is Anderson hiding it?

shepardA.jpg
If you have defenses we can use them against the Collector Ship!

colony.jpg
You'll need to recalibrate the targeting system first. It's never worked right.

mirandaA.jpg
We can figure it out. Just tell us where to find it.

colony.jpg
Head for the transmitter on the other side of the colony. Pretty hard to miss. The targeting controls are at the base.

shepardA.jpg
You know this colony and the equipment. You better come with us.

colony.jpg
Not a chance in hell.

shepardA.jpg
You're just going to let the Collectors take your friends?

colony.jpg
I'm a Mechanic! What am I supposed to do? Whack them with my wrench? I'll let you out, but I'm locking the doors behind you. I'm not taking any chances.

horizon14.jpg

There's another threat up ahead. Scions. It looked like a husk from far away, but a flash of blue fire will tell you it's a Scion. Heavily armored, its grotesque shell of a body bears a cannon next to its head. It wipes out your shield quickly and instantly kill if you do not sidestep the shockwave attack. Switch to Armor Piercing weapons like Pistols or Shotguns to finish it quickly. Warp always helps. Engaging him at long range would require a sniper rifle. Popping out of cover too long will get you killed.

horizon15.jpg

Hi, my name is Shepard. I'm currently attacked by two Scions and a pack of husks. And my health is damn low, that's why you can see my nerves being pushed to the limit. And I died.

horizon16.jpg

Second try:Finding a good place to hold the line is always a good idea. Standing in the open is suicidal with the husks running around. Focus on the husks first. Scions are slow.

horizon17.jpg

Of course, if all else fails, use the particle gun.

horizon18.jpg

horizon19.jpg

shepardA.jpg
Time to show these things we give as good as we get. EDI -- bring the defense towers online!

edi.jpg
Errors in the calibration software are easily rectified, but it will take time to bring the towers to full power. I recommend defensive posture. I will not be able to mask the increased generator output.

jacobA.jpg
King of the Hill with Collectors. Great.

shepardA.jpg
We'll stop them. Easy enough.

LOL. That is a fucking understatement. We're about to get raped.

horizon20.jpg

Collector Assassins carry the Particle Cannon. Definite pain in the ass.

horizon21.jpg

Harbingers too. No savings in between waves either.

horizon22.jpg

They do let you save when this son of a bitch spawns.

horizon23.jpg

We're about to get rocked. This is a Praetorian. It has no shields or barriers at first...

horizon24.jpg

Take down his armor to 75% and he'll start stomping onto the ground and lights up blue.

horizon25.jpg

And explode in nukular damage. Instantly kill if Shep stands too close. If Shep survives, it'll gain Barrier protection and start to fly around...

horizon26.jpg

And spew continous laser at you for a few seconds. Try not to pop out of cover when this happens. When it stops, unload like hell. His barrier will only be down temporarily, then he'll slam onto the ground to charge it up again with nukular explosion. I must've died five times here.

horizon27.jpg

At one point, I was THAT close to finishing him off before deciding to take a screenshot. However I hit the quick load button by mistake. Cue "FFFFUUUUU-" IRL.

horizon28.jpg

Anyways, I try to save the Particle ammo when the boss barrier is down. If it's up, I switch to SMG.

horizon29.jpg

Burn.

horizon30.jpg

The Collector Ship made its escape after taking a beating from the defense batteries.

mirandaA.jpg
They wanted the colonists, and they got them. They've got no reason to stay.

colony.jpg
No! Don't let them get away!

shepardA.jpg
That ship is huge. Exactly how are we supposed to catch it?

horizon31.jpg

shepardA.jpg
I did my best. You just hid in your damn bunker.

jacobA.jpg
If it wasn't for Shepard, you'd all be on board that ship.

colony.jpg
Shepard? Wait. I know that name. You're some type of big Alliance hero.

horizon32.jpg

ash.jpg
You're in the presence of a god, Delan. Back from the dead.

colony.jpg
All the good people we lost, and you get left behind. Figures. Screw this, I'm done with you Alliance types.

horizon33.jpg

shepardA.jpg
A reunion has to wait. Cerberus brought me back to stop attacks like this.

ash2.jpg
You're with Cerberus now?

Uh oh.

ash2.jpg
I can't believe the reports were right.

mirandaA.jpg
Reports? So much for security.

ash2.jpg
Alliance intel said Cerberus could be behind the missing colonies. We got a tip that this one could be the next to get hit. I went to Anderson, but he wouldn't talk. But there were rumors that you weren't dead. Worse; that you were working for the enemy.

Jeez, Ash. Is INT your dump stat or something? What the fuck was I shooting at then? Birds?

shepardA.jpg
Cerberus and I want the same thing -- to save our colonies. That doesn't mean I answer to them.

ash2.jpg
Do you really believe that? Or is that just what Cerberus wants you to think? I wanted to believe that you were alive...I just never expected anything like this.

horizon34.jpg

Ok. Ash is officially on my 'batshit insane list', where's my 'punch her face' renegade option?

shepardA.jpg
The past is done. You need to focus on what's happening right now. You saw it yourself! The Collectors are targeting human colonies. And they're working with the Reapers!

ash2.jpg
I'd like to believe you, Shepard. But I don't trust Bioware. And it worries me that you do. What did they do to you? What if they're behind it? What if they're removing your statistics entirely in the sequel?

mirandaA.jpg
Typical Codexian attitude. You're so focused on C&C that you forgot that it's an ACTION RPG.

shepardA.jpg
I can see you won't even remove it from inventory.

ash2.jpg
You show up after two years and tell me you might die in a suicide mission. Sounds like you left intelligence behind a long time ago. Doesn't matter. I still know where my loyalties lie. I'm a Codexian poster. It's in my blood. I'm reporting back to the Codex. I'll let them decide if they believe your story.

shepardA.jpg
We both know how it's going to turn out. The Codex will blame the unwashed console masses, just like you did.

ash2.jpg
With good reason. Bioware can't be trusted. So long, Commander. Good luck.

shepardA.jpg
Joker -- send the shuttle to pick us up. I've had enough of this colony.

horizon35.jpg

RK47

Patron
horizon36.jpg

shepardA.jpg
It was good to finally go toe to toe with the enemy.

iman.jpg
Not that you've got a taste for it. I'll be sure to find a way to keep you sated. The Collectors will be more careful now, but I think we can find another way to lure them in.

shepardA.jpg
We chased them off once. Find a target, and I'll hit it.

iman.jpg
Our target is set, but we can't reach it yet. It's their homeworld. I'm devoting all resources to finding a way through Omega 4 relay. We have to hit them where they live. Your team needs to be strong.. as will their resolve. There's no looking back. The same goes for you. I can assume you've put your past relationships behind you.

shepardA.jpg
I'm free, clear and focused on the mission.

horizon37.jpg

iman.jpg
Shepard. Once we find a way through the Omega 4 relay to the Collector homeworld..there's no guarantee you'll return. To have any hope of surviving, you -- and your entire team -- must be fully committed to this.

shepardA.jpg
I'll make sure they're ready, one way or another. The Collectors won't know what hit them.

iman.jpg
I trust you know what you're doing. I just want to be clear about your odds. I've forwarded three more dossiers. Keep building your team while I find a way through the relay.

horizon38.jpg

He's hinting heavily at the Loyalty feature of every companions. Basically loyalty is a binary thing in Mass Effect 2. Either they are, or they don't. Unlike Dragon Age gifts system to go along with their personal favors, you MUST do their loyalty missions to get them loyal to you. That's what I hate about it. Anyways, enough update for today.

It's a bit of a bummer but some of the loyalty missions are actually fun when it's not simply corridor and cover shooting. Good news is you don't really fight another Praetorian again or at least until you have severly upgraded your arsenal (aka the Cain).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom